Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"Planesbroken" vRG trifecta achievements bugged.

• SeaUnicorn
    SeaUnicorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rezdayn wrote: »
    Any new info on this?

I recently did castle thorn trifecta and it didn't give it to us... I filmed the whole run from loading screen to the end... even filmed us scrambling to go back and make sure we didn't miss anything... did it 100% right and still didn't get it... that's fine... bugs happen... however to show 100% proof to support and not get any help is *** up...

Would you have a link to the video as an evidence by any chance? Since you are not the only one who experienced dungeon trifecta not being granted.

Definitely would be great to get to the bottom of the issue in all content and get ZOS to acknowledge at the minimum that issue exists and something is being done to address it.
  • Rezdayn
    Rezdayn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaUnicorn wrote: »
    Rezdayn wrote: »
    Any new info on this?

I recently did castle thorn trifecta and it didn't give it to us... I filmed the whole run from loading screen to the end... even filmed us scrambling to go back and make sure we didn't miss anything... did it 100% right and still didn't get it... that's fine... bugs happen... however to show 100% proof to support and not get any help is *** up...

Would you have a link to the video as an evidence by any chance? Since you are not the only one who experienced dungeon trifecta not being granted.

Definitely would be great to get to the bottom of the issue in all content and get ZOS to acknowledge at the minimum that issue exists and something is being done to address it.

Currently I have provided them the video. It will go up on my channel soon with commentary about my thoughts on this whole situation and how ZOS handle it...

Sadly I dont think they care or will fix anything.
  • Rezdayn
    Rezdayn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay some people asked to see the video. ZOS/ESO finally got around to giving me a answer and it wasn't great. I made a thread about it with some commentary and the video is on it if anyone still wants to see it.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/588757/zos-esos-policy-on-bugged-achievements-video/p1?new=1

They said they are possible going to create a tool which will allow for players to get bugged achievements through support. It doesn't sound like a sure thing. I will be making a detailed video about it later.

I think the general community are going to think I am just winging and crying on the thread I created. So if you want to see ZOS/ESO create a tool and or take this serious you might want to go over and say its a good idea for ZOS/ESO to do it. It might balance out the inevitable comments I will get... as typically the community will see this as someone having a cry and not understand it all...

Edited by Rezdayn on October 11, 2021 6:47PM
  • SeaUnicorn
    SeaUnicorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My team just got the PlanesBROKEN achievement too. We completed the trial on hard Mode in 27 minutes and killed everything except Bask in Snakes, nobody died. The no death part of the achievement bugged out and we did not get Planesbreaker. This is total of 36 people getting robbed of the achievement. Will this ever be addressed?

Lets look at the effort:
    We have been progressing it since July 26th, 14 weeks, 3 raid days a week 2 hours each.
    42 raid days
    84 raid hours
    1008 of human hours
    spent to get a bugged out achievement.

This forum post has been up for a whole month, and nothing has been done to fix this.
    I do not understand how is it ok to have hardest and most sought for PVE achievement be bugged out for so long.

Here is the video evidence of it and a screenshot of the achievement that we did not get.

8e717mdznsp1.png
    Edited by SeaUnicorn on October 26, 2021 4:31AM
  • icAirborne
    icAirborne
    ✭✭✭
    My team just got the PlanesBROKEN achievement too. We completed the trial on hard Mode in 27 minutes and killed everything, nobody died. The no death part of the achievement bugged out and we did not get Planesbreaker. This is total of 36 people getting robbed of the achievement. Will this ever be addressed?
    Here is the video of it

8e717mdznsp1.png

Months of progressing just for it to bug when you finally do fulfill every single word in the achievement. This bug has been known in he community since the start of September and nothing has been done about it in the maintenance days since. Pretty disheartening to try for the hardest trial achievement in the game when it basically has the invisible footnote of "achieve this and we will coinflip to see whether you get it or not".
  • Mujuro
    Mujuro
    ✭✭✭✭
    My team just got the PlanesBROKEN achievement too. We completed the trial on hard Mode in 27 minutes and killed everything except Bask in Snakes, nobody died. The no death part of the achievement bugged out and we did not get Planesbreaker. This is total of 36 people getting robbed of the achievement. Will this ever be addressed?

Lets look at the effort:
    We have been progressing it since July 26th, 14 weeks, 3 raid days a week 2 hours each.
    42 raid days
    84 raid hours
    1008 of human hours
    spent to get a bugged out achievement.

This forum post has been up for a whole month, and nothing has been done to fix this.
    I do not understand how is it ok to have hardest and most sought for PVE achievement be bugged out for so long.

Here is the video evidence of it and a screenshot of the achievement that we did not get.

8e717mdznsp1.png

This is simply heartbreaking. I'm not sure which is more disturbing; that ZOS hasn't been able to determine the cause of this bug or the lack of communication that creates an inference among the end-game community that ZOS doesn't really give a [snip], regardless of whether that is ZOS' implied intent. For all the team members who dedicated lengthy hours to this achievement, it's a kick in the gut.

Congrats to you and your team Sea.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 31, 2021 6:12PM
  • SeaUnicorn
    SeaUnicorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin please at least acknowledge that the bug exists. This post has been up for a month now and 36 players invested months of their lives progressing the trial and have not gotten the achievement.
  • GreenDay
    GreenDay
    ✭✭
    the score was correct again after ash titan - 20770. Why is it repeating again? Is this another coincidence again? ZOS continues to ignore us and it all goes on and on again. Wait for the fourth bug
  • imaslowlearner
    imaslowlearner
    ✭✭✭
    That's rough sea, hopefully z0s will fix the bug soon.

I know some of the members of your group were getting their first clear, and its a real [snip] feeling having the first trifecta clear be ruined it really kills the excitement and celebrating.

Some transparency on bugs would be nice. We shouldn't have to pester them for months/years about issues with no idea if they are even attempting to fix them either.

I've said this before, but they really need to develop a tool for the support staff to award achievements.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 31, 2021 6:13PM
  • SeaUnicorn
    SeaUnicorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah we had 10 people for whom this would be their 1st PB. Soul crushing.
    We went back next few days and had the worst Oax prog because people lost motivation and were just unable to perform after what happened.
    We had only 3 raid days before patch after our Plansbrokena and were not able to get it. Now we have to farm new gear and change strats for Bahsei. This will throw us back by at least 2-3 more weeks. And we have someone who had hard cut-off once patch hits due to real life engagements. Definitely rough.
    Still no word on bug fix and support just re-iterated that they do not grant achievements, so not help from ZOS.
    Edited by SeaUnicorn on October 31, 2021 5:29PM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has ZOS made any comment yet? The only good news I can say is, for the first console group to complete Planesbreaker, we were able to unlock our achievement.

If it bugged out for us I’m not sure we would have tried again.
  • SeaUnicorn
    SeaUnicorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Has ZOS made any comment yet? The only good news I can say is, for the first console group to complete Planesbreaker, we were able to unlock our achievement.

I can't imagine how much harder for console players that is! Amazing job! And the score was pretty high too, right?
    Yeah we have not heard anything besides generic ticket response about support not being able to award the achievements.
    Edited by SeaUnicorn on October 31, 2021 8:43PM
  • definitelygee
    definitelygee
    ✭✭✭
    I was one of the 12 people affected by this bug. Will zos at least comment on this issue? We have provided video proof that no ads were missed, no deaths hm and speed run. But no trifecta title.

Staying quiet about this is quite disheartening zos.

Maybe we should all stop playing the game, go spend our money elsewhere on a different game instead of all the crowns and subscriptions I sign up for with for eso?
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

I can't imagine how much harder for console players that is! Amazing job! And the score was pretty high too, right?
    Yeah we have not heard anything besides generic ticket response about support not being able to award the achievements.
    Ty!

Score was 290,562. Time was 27:19. We could do much better based on having faster clears at each boss in different runs, but our goal was the title after all lol.

Idk how this would translate to PC but our time wasted on strictly gear swaps and ps4 player load screens was like 130-140 seconds. And from slower bosses, lack of extremely useful addons, performance issues, etc... yeah who knows.

I’m happy for the run and hope the best for PC teams who have had issues with the achievement unlocking.
    Edited by Vaoh on November 1, 2021 12:53AM
  • definitelygee
    definitelygee
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert Hello. I hope you are both doing well. Gina I see you replying to other bugs like a bugged mythic lead and Rich I recently played with you during the Nefas charity vas. Was nice meeting and playing with you. I was wondering if either of you had some time to please provide some feedback or insight into this bugged achievement? It would be very appreciated and relieving to just get some acknowledgment into this issue/bug. This latest fully documented case of planesbreaker achievement soul savior not being granted has negatively affected my team and myself greatly. We killed all ads, got the speed run and hard mode all in the same run with a decent score and still no achievement. From what I understand this has happened a few times. We all spend lots of time and money on this game in the form of crowns and eso subscriptions and it would be very nice and highly appreciated to get some acknowledgement of this issue. Thank you in advance for your time.
  • definitelygee
    definitelygee
    ✭✭✭
    Hello @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert,

I know you are likely very busy with the new release. So I am sorry to bother you. I wanted to follow up and see if perhaps your team can look into SeaUnicorn's post (above) in regards to our teams bugged Planesbreaker? It would be greatly appreciated to get some sort of feedback or acknowledgment of this issue.

I have been (maybe incorrectly) informed of the ZOS teams inability to grant achievements, which is fine. But if this is the case, maybe there are alternative ways to remedy the situation? Not trying to tell anyone what to do, but rather offering up some brainstorming ideas.

Maybe we can just be given the titles and mounts? This way we can sleep better at night knowing that we earned something from the months of progging this specific title/achievement. We are now in a new patch and we will likely have to reprog the entire thing, new set ups, new tactics etc and we would rather enjoy all of the new content that came out. Is it possible to help us out in this regard?

Thanks again in advance. I appreciate your time and consideration!
  • SeaUnicorn
    SeaUnicorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe we can just be given the titles and mounts?
    I appreciate your time and consideration!

Actually gib brain idea, underlying collectibles instead of the achievement itself.
  • SeaUnicorn
    SeaUnicorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also we still have no idea what the status of the root cause analysis is? Customer support proposes to redo the achievement "while meeting requirements normally". And that to be honest made me wanna cry. We already did that and did not get the achievement. What if that happens again? We need to know what causes it at least so we can take some action to avoid the repetition of the bug. Instead of just blindly farming PB until we may be get it may be not....
  • definitelygee
    definitelygee
    ✭✭✭
    Hello @ZOS_Kevin you seem quite active and helpful around the forums. Are you able to review this bug and feedback/advise? I would really appreciate it, thanks!
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All, we wanted to follow up on this thread. We have passed the current feedback to the dev team. The team is and has been investigating the reports and any additional information that players can provide regarding this bug would be helpful for the team.
    Edited by ZOS_Kevin on November 8, 2021 8:44PM
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • definitelygee
    definitelygee
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi All, we wanted to follow up on this thread. We have passed the current feedback to the dev team. The team is and has been investigating the reports and any additional information that players can provide regarding this bug would be helpful for the team.

Thank you very much Kevin for the response. It’s very much appreciated. The entire run was recorded by seaunicorn and she provided the pov stream above. You can see on her stream the score as we go throughout the trial which shows that we did not miss any ads, no one died and all bosses were done hard mode.

Some thoughts/theories we have discussed as a group about this bug: potentially some people may not have loaded into bahseis room cause they were still loading in from the door going into her room (they were in the trial just possibly not loaded into the bahsei room yet) when the hard mode flag was raised. We see that when bahsei died, behemoths and ghosts were still up. Xalvakka when she died some of her fights ads were still alive such as daedroth and her mini etc.

I am purely speculating but maybe this might be related to the bug? What other information could we provide that would help this investigation? We are happy and eager to help resolve this.

As a side note is there some possibility of us being provided the title and/or achievement since it bugged out on us @ZOS_Kevin? Thanks again for taking the time to respond and help us out.

Edited by definitelygee on November 8, 2021 9:12PM
  • definitelygee
    definitelygee
    ✭✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_Kevin i hope you are well and had a good week. I wanted to follow up on my previous inquiries in reply to your last post.

Firstly a direct question:
    Is there a possibility of us being provided the title and/or achievement since it bugged out on us?

Secondly:
    Is there any information or details that you or your team need that can help with this investigation?
  • definitelygee
    definitelygee
    ✭✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_Kevin i hope you are well and had a good weekend. I wanted to follow up on my previous inquiries in reply to your last post.

Is there a possibility of us being provided the title and/or achievement since it bugged out on us?

Secondly:
    Is there any information or details that you or your team need that can help with this investigation?
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi @definitelygee. Didn't see your previous tags there. Apologies for the delay there.

Support is not able to grant achievements to accounts at this time. However, it is a tool actively being worked on to address issues like this. Nothing more specific to share regarding that for the time being. The best course of action for now is to submit a bug for this so that there is a running record of this being a problem for players.

As for information or details, if there were any abnormalities noticed during the encounter (big or small), that would be good to know. This would help in pinpointing a root cause for the issue.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • imaslowlearner
    imaslowlearner
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Support is not able to grant achievements to accounts at this time. However, it is a tool actively being worked on to address issues like this.

That's good that they are developing the tool, I know you guys don't currently have the capability to grant achievements but the mount specifically is a collectable. I have seen collectables granted before if you could help out the people who earned this until the tool is officially made that would be omega poggers.
  • imaslowlearner
    imaslowlearner
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin
    @ZOS_Finn

How are you guys doing? Wonderful weather in Stormhaven.

kgkghlvuegxe.png

Heard a 4th group from EU also bugged somewhat recently. Don't have any more information than the bug is still around.
  • SeaUnicorn
    SeaUnicorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Samiesung
    Samiesung
    ✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzHFrzNb2D0&ab_channel=EliranCohen another video of Castle Thorn trifecta bugged.

Completed this trifecta back in June and did not get the achievement. Tried again earlier this month, and once again didn't get the achievement. I've googled all over looking to see if it's ever been acknowledged by ZOS and have had no luck.

If we ever get motivated enough to try a third time, now I know to record it :')
    Solmagi - Magplar DD - Master Crafter - Adventurer
  • SeaUnicorn
    SeaUnicorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Samiesung wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzHFrzNb2D0&ab_channel=EliranCohen another video of Castle Thorn trifecta bugged.

Completed this trifecta back in June and did not get the achievement. Tried again earlier this month, and once again didn't get the achievement. I've googled all over looking to see if it's ever been acknowledged by ZOS and have had no luck.

If we ever get motivated enough to try a third time, now I know to record it :')

Wow that sux! Sorry to hear.
    There was a suggestion that it might be cause by the Scythe mechanic - if you touch one - you need to remove all or not touch any for the achieve to work. And another suggestion was for all people to be inside the boss room when he challenger banner is raised. Nothing definitive though.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did Vet HM Castle Thorn...... the team was granted both the Speed Run achievement and No Death achievement when we killed the adds before final boss.

We then killed final boss and were not granted the trifecta Bane of Thorns. 🤷‍♂️ All adds killed, no deaths, and done much faster than the speed requirement (like 23min).
    Edited by Vaoh on January 5, 2022 5:26PM