The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"Planesbroken" vRG trifecta achievements bugged.

imaslowlearner
imaslowlearner
✭✭✭
Hello Bug Forums, It's been a minute since I've posted about a bugged achievement and this one is a big one. (150 points in total, as well as a title and mount) ^^

Yesterday my raid team managed to complete vRG Trifecta (HM, speed run, no death) but were not awarded the soul savior achievement or the will of stone achievement. Here are some different PoV's of our run, and logs for the night as well as the ticket number for the ticket I opened on behalf of my raid group. We compared our scores to other PB scores to confirm we didn't miss any adds, as well as going back to the start to look for any adds we might have missed and are certain we did not miss any of the required adds. Please look into this matter for us and award the bugged achievements.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
@ZOS_SarahHecker
@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
@ZOS_SamL
@ZOS_Kevin

vl6h0gnoq4sp.png
https://www.esologs.com/reports/vNm7xDwPCT4MtXg1/
https://www.esologs.com/reports/aqVc76rnw18kCLGW

https://youtu.be/PY9Ayg-hVj0?t=565
  • Carbohydrate
    Carbohydrate
    ✭✭✭
    • Redo the task that would unlock the achievement, many achievements have requirements that can be unlocked simply by repeating the task.

Just do it again 5head
  • SeaUnicorn
    SeaUnicorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting this trifecta requires MONTHS of practice as a 12 man team with several hours a day several days a week schedule, it is simply unacceptable that this it 2nd time a team does not get the achievement, it is video documented and not fixed. Not to mention BOTH the teams have a video proof and were not rewarded the achievement by the customer support and were just brushed off. You can not just "repeat the achievement", its not something you simply and easily repeat. This is 24 people in total who were robbed of their achievement and were completely ignored by ZOS.
    Edited by SeaUnicorn on September 28, 2021 3:44PM
  • Carbohydrate
    Carbohydrate
    ✭✭✭
    SeaUnicorn wrote: »
    Getting this trifecta requires MONTHS of practice as a 12 man team with several hours a day several days a week schedule, it is simply unacceptable that this it 2nd time a team does not get the achievement, it is video documented and not fixed. Not to mention BOTH the teams have a video proof and were not rewarded the achievement by the customer support and were just brushed off. You can not just "repeat the achievement", its not something you simply and easily repeat. This is 24 people in total who were robbed of their achievement and were completely ignored by ZOS.

i was just kidding sea :(
  • MaddPowered
    MaddPowered
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our planesbreaker in Calamity bugged as well, we haven't heard anything from ZOS in weeks about it. It is very disheartening that we are getting ignored after working so hard for something that was designed to be the hardest achievement in the game, only to have it bug.
    World's First Planesbreaker
    World's First Bugged Planesbreaker
    World's First Dawnbringer
    World's Third Godslayer
    World's Second Immortal Redeemer
    World's Third Gryphon Heart

Top scores :
    vAA - 4D (PC NA) - 154,068 - 8:31 Greymoor
    vSO - 4D (PC NA) - 180,238 - 11:28 Greymoor
    vHRC - 4D (PC NA) - 163,258 - 8:28 Greymoor
    vMOL - Calamity (PC NA) - 174,680 - 9:42 Stonethorn
    vHOF - 4D (PC NA) - 232,362 - 14:11 Greymoor
    vAS - 4D (PC NA) - 117,014 - 2:41 Stonethorn
    vCR - Calamity (PC NA) - 136,091 - 3:45 Stonethorn
    vSS - 4D (PC NA) - 255,552 - 21:34 Greymoor
    vKA - 4D (PC NA) - 247,292 - 16:19 Greymoor
    vRG - Calamity (PC NA) - 301,438 - 24:21 Blackwood
  • cro25519
    cro25519
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, this is really sad. I love this game! But, think about it from the perspective of anyone looking to sink time into this content.

If I end up spending months progging with 11 other people to get that title and mount but will get absolutely no reward for it. That's a bit soul-crushing. No matter how much I love playing the game, and enjoy doing this content, the crushing feeling of not being rewarded for the hours of time sink would certainly be not something I'd want to experience.

Especially with video evidence, that response is just sad.
  • Pearly
    Pearly
    ✭✭✭
    [snip] to show support for these people. It's not right that an achievement can be completed, bugged out, and users left hanging because of whatever arbitrary policy. At least acknowledge that you're investigating the bug.

[edited for thread bumping]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 3, 2021 6:17PM
  • imaslowlearner
    imaslowlearner
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you guys for your support, I have contacted a zos employee through discord and it has been confirmed they are investigating the bug, but having issues replicating it. Any fan theories could be helpful if people want to brainstorm xD

Maddpowered hopefully they sort this out for everyone, but wow 51 IR's, you're built different.
  • SeaUnicorn
    SeaUnicorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean clearly not wearing tinfoil hat while defeating Xalvakka is at fault.
  • sapphirefox31
    sapphirefox31
    Soul Shriven
    DO MOAR DAMAGE!

Jk jk. [snip] That is super disheartening. I understand that support has automatic responses, but c'mon! The hardest achievement in the game and they completely ignore the fact that it's bugged now for multiple teams?

Good luck! Here's hoping for a better response <3

[edited for thread bumping]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 3, 2021 6:15PM
  • cro25519
    cro25519
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you guys for your support, I have contacted a zos employee through discord and it has been confirmed they are investigating the bug, but having issues replicating it. Any fan theories could be helpful if people want to brainstorm xD

Maddpowered hopefully they sort this out for everyone, but wow 51 IR's, you're built different.

So just a wild guess since you asked for a fan theory, I saw your log and it had a "wipe" condition on it. Now that is a log bug (every eso player gets it all the time, it's very common even if you kill the enemy as the log thinks you didn't kill).

I was reading about it a long time ago, and someone said it happens because ESO has had a bug since harrowstorm and that death events are flaky now on their end and occasionally don’t fire. I wonder if that happened because for rockgrove the game considers those death events that are not fired on the mobs, and thus doesn't count it as a kill?

Source: https://forums.combatlogforums.com/t/live-logging-logs-show-completion-as-wipe-question/10446

While for every other trial, the logic is different, and accounts for those events misfiring?

Just a fan theory. Could be totally off-base and dumb.
    Edited by cro25519 on September 28, 2021 7:55PM
  • FatelessLava
    FatelessLava
    ✭✭✭
    cro25519 wrote: »

So just a wild guess since you asked for a fan theory, I saw your log and it had a "wipe" condition on it. Now that is a log bug (every eso player gets it all the time, it's very common even if you kill the enemy as the log thinks you didn't kill).

I was reading about it a long time ago, and someone said it happens because ESO has had a bug since harrowstorm and that death events are flaky now on their end and occasionally don’t fire. I wonder if that happened because for rockgrove the game considers those death events that are not fired on the mobs, and thus doesn't count it as a kill?

Source: https://forums.combatlogforums.com/t/live-logging-logs-show-completion-as-wipe-question/10446

While for every other trial, the logic is different, and accounts for those events misfiring?

Even if logs bug you still get the achievement in game when it does work. It’s a bug in logs not the game itself. If someone did the same log but not live it would have the clear.
    Edited by FatelessLava on September 28, 2021 8:08PM
  • cro25519
    cro25519
    ✭✭✭
    cro25519 wrote: »

Even if logs bug you still get the achievement in game when it does work. It’s a bug in logs not the game itself. If someone did the same log but not live it would have the clear.

Ah so it's a bug just with live logs only. Well, I was mostly just making a wild guess. Hopefully, they can figure the actual issue.
    Edited by cro25519 on September 28, 2021 8:24PM
  • GreenDay
    GreenDay
    ✭✭
    I do not believe that this is again a common coincidence, I am sure that there is a bug with the game.
    I was also struck by the answer to which Calamity was sent. If you did it once, then you will do it the second time. we killed 3-4 months 3 days a week for a few hours to get this achievement. Plus Calamity also took a lot of time and effort to do this. And getting such an answer or ignore it all... sorry, it seems to me that this is not correct. And it is not easy to go to do it a second time, as the operators tell us. I guarantee you that this will happen a third time and a fourth time, etc. until you pay attention to it, it will only get worse and worse, because people will just start to toxic to all this.
    please, I ask you to review the information provided above and do something about it
  • GreenDay
    GreenDay
    ✭✭
    DO MOAR DAMAGE!

Jk jk. [snip] That is super disheartening. I understand that support has automatic responses, but c'mon! The hardest achievement in the game and they completely ignore the fact that it's bugged now for multiple teams?

Good luck! Here's hoping for a better response <3

It seems that robots are simply responding to us because they are writing the same thing, or people are just submitting a response without studying it. I'm sure no one has seriously studied this problem. And this is a 100% game bug, like non-working skills or other passive skills. Or are addons also to blame for passive skills not working?

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 3, 2021 6:16PM
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand why they can't award the achievement retroactively, they surely have the means to check internally that the requirements were met, etc., besides all the proof shown. It's really disheartening since these kind of achievements take so much time, effort and coordination. At the very least, it would be nice to get a proper response, explaining why they cannot sort this, and not brush it under the carpet. Especially since it is not the players' fault, but a bug in the game.
  • eovogtb16_ESO
    eovogtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An achievement that takes months of practice and dedication only to get a response that you're unable to be helped that really stinks and is the opposite of what I would expect from ZOS.

Considering the customer service I have encountered has generally been good after getting through the generic bot response from ZOS support, but this really should have a higher level of support as its literally taken probably a combined weeks worth of gameplay to achieve.
  • GreenDay
    GreenDay
    ✭✭
    An achievement that takes months of practice and dedication only to get a response that you're unable to be helped that really stinks and is the opposite of what I would expect from ZOS.

Considering the customer service I have encountered has generally been good after getting through the generic bot response from ZOS support, but this really should have a higher level of support as its literally taken probably a combined weeks worth of gameplay to achieve.

try to get it again. It's so simple...
  • SeaUnicorn
    SeaUnicorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can actually calculate.
    Common schedule is 3 days x 3 hours or 4 days x 2 hours.
    So lets take 9 hours a week.
    Its been about 14 weeks since Blackwood release so 14x9x12=1512 man hours per team or 3024 man hours for 2 teams combined.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As if POVs weren’t enough, zos does have internal logs on everything from player positioning, to fight times, to enemies killed, etc.

We have yet to have a console Planesbreaker and it’ll be really sad if this happens to them too.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    I don't understand why they can't award the achievement retroactively, they surely have the means to check internally that the requirements were met, etc., besides all the proof shown. It's really disheartening since these kind of achievements take so much time, effort and coordination. At the very least, it would be nice to get a proper response, explaining why they cannot sort this, and not brush it under the carpet. Especially since it is not the players' fault, but a bug in the game.

Because awarding achievements manually carries great risk of corrupting the character record in unexpected ways. There was recently a very long thread here on the forums about someone locked out of a character for the better part of a year, iirc, over an attempt by support to award an achievement manually.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

Because awarding achievements manually carries great risk of corrupting the character record in unexpected ways. There was recently a very long thread here on the forums about someone locked out of a character for the better part of a year, iirc, over an attempt by support to award an achievement manually.

I see, and yeah I remember that thread. If that's the case, then definitely not worth the risk, but still too bad there isn't another way, since the bug isn't fixed.
  • thadjarvis
    thadjarvis
    ✭✭✭✭
    It goes beyond these 24 players.

Trial normal, vet, hardmode, and trifecta achievements are for the most part how the PvE instance community sets goals and progresses.

The achievements matter a lot to most players such that persistent groups are only formed for specific achievements. For example, ever seen a vMoL trifecta group? No, because there is no achievement for it. There's the DD title which people do go after. While there is no death, it is ignored as it's not a pre-req for a title/mount/etc.

In other words, if players begin to believe that there's a decent chance that they will not receive the title/mount/etc after completing content, the number of groups that stick together for longer periods of time (ie community) will decrease significantly.
  • cro25519
    cro25519
    ✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

Certainly, that has to be fixed then. Create a new character using the old character as a template and manually assign the achievement, and test it, and then delete the old character (but keep it backed up for a few days)!

Just spitballing here, but certainly, it is not an impossible problem to solve. I am sure something can be done, if time and resources are put into it.
  • CyberSkooma
    CyberSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope that a solution is found to grant all of you your achievements. A bug like this on something as insane as Planesbreaker is simply unacceptable. The end-game trial community is already in a pretty negative spot as far as brownie points go. This doesn't help at all.
    I play this game a little bit I guess
  • eovogtb16_ESO
    eovogtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Status update for this? Its been more than a few days...
  • imaslowlearner
    imaslowlearner
    ✭✭✭
    Status update for this? Its been more than a few days...

Currently have not heard anything further since reaching out to one of the zos members on discord.
  • Raijindono
    Raijindono
    ✭✭✭
    This is super, super sads.

It takes a lot of planning and commitment to get these trifecta titles. It's even greater when they first come out because the content is typically scaled to the current power base. The feeling of getting rewarded for all of that hard work is truly the reason why I play MMOs. Not getting the achievement is a massive morale set-back. It could be the reason people quit this game and will cause a team of players and friends to disband.

I understand that bugs happen and some are elusive or caused by race-conditions, but it'd be an important step to honoring the end-game community's commitment to ESO if you awarded these teams the achievement.
  • SeaUnicorn
    SeaUnicorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raijindono wrote: »
    This is super, super sads.

It takes a lot of planning and commitment to get these trifecta titles. It's even greater when they first come out because the content is typically scaled to the current power base. The feeling of getting rewarded for all of that hard work is truly the reason why I play MMOs. Not getting the achievement is a massive morale set-back. It could be the reason people quit this game and will cause a team of players and friends to disband.

I understand that bugs happen and some are elusive or caused by race-conditions, but it'd be an important step to honoring the end-game community's commitment to ESO if you awarded these teams the achievement.

That is so true, we always get one thing or another break in trials with every patch and in the past we had to endure Elsweyr, where all the ground abilities were so desync, trials like Hel Ra and HOF were pretty much a lottery on how bad of a de-syncs you will get, Harrowstorm where for the whole patch we had massive delays and buggy instance with massive de-syncs, then Marakarth where we would get randomly kicked from the game for a whole month, now this, a lottery on whether your team will randomly just not get the achievement that you were working on so hard. There has to be an operational workaround for the 2 teams in place that would allow to enable the achievement for them while the root cause is being identified. They have overwhelming evidence with multiple recordings and logs.
  • imaslowlearner
    imaslowlearner
    ✭✭✭
    • Redo the task that would unlock the achievement, many achievements have requirements that can be unlocked simply by repeating the task.

Just do it again 5head

Hey it worked
  • Rezdayn
    Rezdayn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any new info on this?

This whole situation is [snip] up. Honestly if we do the content and the problem is 100% on their end they should fix it...

I recently did castle thorn trifecta and it didn't give it to us... I filmed the whole run from loading screen to the end... even filmed us scrambling to go back and make sure we didn't miss anything... did it 100% right and still didn't get it... that's fine... bugs happen... however to show 100% proof to support and not get any help is [snip] up...

I have subbed/been loyal/bought every update since beta and I am leaving out of principle since they are refusing to help me... sure CT trifecta isn't that bad to redo (I got it on my 4th ever run) but its the principle... Why would I spend money to not get a decent service in return?...

Either way... I talked to support for ages and it was moved to a specialised team but they haven't responded in 10+ days now... They are deleting my new tickets because they are "repeated" tickets but not responding to my original... so I am assuming I wont get help and they dont care...

My sub ends in a few days and out of principle I wont be returning... I did nothing wrong... we did the achievement and have evidence and the fact they wont help me is enough to never sub again and not buy anymore updates or things from this company...

I am aware someone said above that they just cant do this for x y or z reason but that's not good enough... Its outrageous... I lasted 10 days longer after the CT bugged and they refused to help me... I would of lasted 1 hour if they didn't help me on a planes breaker...

disbelief-shake-my-head.gif

Nope not giving my money to a company who operate like this...

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 31, 2021 6:11PM