The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

7.2.4 Crit / Bar Swap Bug

Altyrann
Altyrann
✭✭✭✭✭
Seems to be a major drop in damage between 7.2.3 and 7.2.4 despite nothing in notes to account for it. People are seeing issues with observed crit chance versus character crit chance stat which seem to occur on bar swapping.

Is this being looked at before it hits live @ZOS_Kevin ?
  • ArzyeL
    ArzyeL
    ✭✭✭
    I am noticing an around 10k damage drop in my parses in 7.2.4 when compared to 7.2.3 parses. Same builds, sets, skills etc @ZOS_Kevin
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like fixing the stacking stats broke sth else with bar swap, effecting critical chance rolls. People are consistently having lower actual crit numbers than they should.

Also from what i've seen through various pts testers, they don't have this problem unless they bar swap. Lots of parses with one bar have correct critical hit values but it starts going down when they use bar swap.

Is this being looked at, or are we all to embrace the coming of the one-bar meta?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2oJy5Ae4r1y5QpIUGlgUNX810jV3CiDxYpw&usqp=CAU

PC|EU
  • Faint_One
    Faint_One
    ✭✭✭
    ArzyeL wrote: »
    I am noticing an around 10k damage drop in my parses in 7.2.4 when compared to 7.2.3 parses. Same builds, sets, skills etc @ZOS_Kevin

yeah,same to me with skill drop max dmg from 106000 to 99000
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah seems like around ten percents of effective crit just vanishes randomly.
  • skinnycheeks
    skinnycheeks
    ✭✭✭✭
    yep, you also lose your perfected bonus if it is stam or mag, like relequen or siroria. the crit chance is fine if you never swap to your back bar, but if you barswap even once, it removes roughly 10% or so, like you guys said.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All! Thanks for the feedback here. We touched base with our combat team about the issue and sent your feedback in the thread. They are aware of the issue and investigating.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update :)
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi All! Thanks for the feedback here. We touched base with our combat team about the issue and sent your feedback in the thread. They are aware of the issue and investigating.

Can you acknowledge this weapon swap bug as well and whether or not it's fixed for the next patch?
    https://youtu.be/2ATwVC2rCcg

Context: On live, the performance of the game gradually degrades the longer I play in regards to a frame rate drop when I weapon swap. The youtube video above doesn't illustrate it the best, but you get the general idea. The video is in 30 fps and I'm able to get upwards of 200 fps in the video. Regardless, you can see my frame counter drop drastically any time I weapon swap and the video noticably skips, this happens in game. The counter will drop from 200 to 170 or so every swap, but it actually feels like 0 frames for about 200 mileseconds.

Basically, weapon swapping degrades in to a slide show the longer I play. (Sometimes takes only 10 minutes, but past 1-2 hours, it's unplayable). Only fix is to restart the client.

This is hard to test for me because I'd need to stay logged in on the pts for an extended period of time to replicate the bug and I just have no reason to right now. So if someone has this bug on live, have you noticed it on PTS?

PC NA

Specs:
    • GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 3080 10 GB TUF GAMING OC
    • CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
    • RAM: Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz DDR4 32GB (16GBx2)
    • MOBO: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/589388/is-the-frame-drop-weapon-swap-bug-fixed-on-pts#latest
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also noticed a lot of wonky things on PTS. But it is not just DPS drop or Crit drop.

For instance - my health bar drops significantly when I swap bars on PTS. It is like 5 - 7K drop. When I unequip & re-equip an armour piece - then health bar returns to normal. But as soon as I bar swap again - it is all messed up again.

Note: I am not using different sets so I would lose some bonus when I bar swap. I also dont have any abilities slotted that would affect my max health.

At 1st I thought it has something to do with Gaze of Sithis Mythic that I use, but It does not matter. I can re-equip any gear and it gets fixed.

Logging off & on also fixes that, but /reloadui command does not, so it is not just an UI bug.
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

is there going to be an update / build with a bug fix for this put into PTS?
    it's basically useless for testing gear / builds while it's in this state.
  • Styxius
    Styxius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm it easily for some reason bar swapping with two agility rings on just removes the stamina buff lol
  • ArzyeL
    ArzyeL
    ✭✭✭
    Hello @ZOS_Kevin Is there an ETA on a possible fix or something new about this bug? Thank you.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the ping, @ArzyeL. We are checking in with the dev team now on this issue. We should have more to share on Thursday.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ArzyeL
    ArzyeL
    ✭✭✭
  • MECHA_STREISAND
    MECHA_STREISAND
    ✭✭✭
    please don't leave us hanging, even bad news will be helpful.
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on October 28, 2021 1:15PM
  • Tigertron
    Tigertron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the ping, @ArzyeL. We are checking in with the dev team now on this issue. We should have more to share on Thursday.

Happy Thursday! Really would like to know if this is going to go live or how I should plan for it. Thanks.
  • MECHA_STREISAND
    MECHA_STREISAND
    ✭✭✭
    We really shouldn't have to be asking tbh..

I'm assuming from the silence and it now being Friday that this is not going to be fixed in time for the DLC release.
  • Tigertron
    Tigertron
    ✭✭✭✭
    I must be from the weapon swapping bug/glitch fix.

Honestly they should let everyone know it will go live bugged. We are already getting a nerf to crit damage and then a 10-15% nerf to crit chance on top plus backbar essentially nerfing your front bar. I wont be pretty if it goes live with out an explanation.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    just did 2 parses and the crit amount seemed okay given the effective crit? maybe it was my weird af settup i was just doing for fun. can anyone else confirm that parsing seems fixed?
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • ArzyeL
    ArzyeL
    ✭✭✭
    just did 2 parses and the crit amount seemed okay given the effective crit? maybe it was my weird af settup i was just doing for fun. can anyone else confirm that parsing seems fixed?

Still broken for me
  • Tigertron
    Tigertron
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin any news is better than no news. Thanks
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Sorry for the delay here, everyone! We checked in with the Dev Team and the bug is verified fixed for Monday.
    Staff Post
  • Tigertron
    Tigertron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for the delay here, everyone! We checked in with the Dev Team and the bug is verified fixed for Monday.
    @ZOS_Kevin Good news! Is it working on PTS or will it just be on launch? Would love to finalize my build over the weekend before it drops. Thanks again.
  • saf227_ESO
    saf227_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Which bug? There was a bug related to DPS loss from bar swap, and there's a bug related to FPS loss from bar swap. Are they both the same bug?
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    The DPS loss is what we were referring to. We will need to check on FPS loss.

@Tigertron This will be on launch. We will check on when PTS will be updated, but the focus is on launch currently.
    Staff Post
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was trying to figure this out, but I do not seem to find a clear pattern. It seems to be random.

I have tested it on multiple characters, and whenever I swap bars - random stats gets lowered. Sometimes it is max health. On other character it is max magicka. On other it is crit chance... Whatever it is, it seems to be affecting all the stats, but it is different (somehow) depending on the character.

So for one player it will be crit chance that goes down, and for the other max stamina or something else...

The bar swap bug does not occur if I don't have any weapons equipped (empty slots). The way to fix the bug is to re-log or re-equip any armour set piece.

If it is not going to be fixed by the time it goes live - it is gonna be a miserable experience for everyone.

The only solution I have found so far is to make a one-bar build & un-bind bar swap button to avoid random stats decreasing. But I guess that is not a good solution at all lol :#
  • Tigertron
    Tigertron
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was trying to figure this out, but I do not seem to find a clear pattern. It seems to be random.

I have tested it on multiple characters, and whenever I swap bars - random stats gets lowered. Sometimes it is max health. On other character it is max magicka. On other it is crit chance... Whatever it is, it seems to be affecting all the stats, but it is different (somehow) depending on the character.

So for one player it will be crit chance that goes down, and for the other max stamina or something else...

The bar swap bug does not occur if I don't have any weapons equipped (empty slots). The way to fix the bug is to re-log or re-equip any armour set piece.

If it is not going to be fixed by the time it goes live - it is gonna be a miserable experience for everyone.

The only solution I have found so far is to make a one-bar build & un-bind bar swap button to avoid random stats decreasing. But I guess that is not a good solution at all lol :#

Yep. Skinnycheek has a youtube of it. I'm hoping it truly is fixed.
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Thanks, Kevin! You rock.
  • saf227_ESO
    saf227_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    The DPS loss is what we were referring to. We will need to check on FPS loss.

@Tigertron This will be on launch. We will check on when PTS will be updated, but the focus is on launch currently.

Thanks for responding and for clarification!