The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crowborne Horror doesn't drop anything

• SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    I am going to go out on a limb and say I don't think they expected people to need to group up to complete this boss.

I completely disagree. They know there will be low level, low CP, new to ESO and experienced but not veteran geared players who would struggle trying to solo this boss. I bet there are way more who can't solo this boss than those who can.

If it was not meant to be grouped for it would be in a solo instance.

Yeah, I don't agree with that assessment either. You would have to be very unaware as a corporation to not notice all the people still heavy attacking mobs and struggling to kill them in their early CPs.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • SianTamzin
    SianTamzin
    ✭✭✭
    Blinx wrote: »
    seems like another not thoroughly thought out idea from ZoS, you have us gathering feathers alone, and yet the boss is a group boss... and the reward, like seriously... smh

I'm surprised you don't at least get an achievement. Seems pointless to do it after you've done it once.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All! Thank you so much for your feedback regarding Crowborne Horror. We'll be collecting feedback and sharing that with the dev team at the end of the event. So please keep the feedback coming. This will aid the dev team as
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a group boss? I soloed it and thought "well, that's a lousy reward for a quite difficult boss." 😂
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    I do now realize that it was intended for everyone's enjoyment-- either soloed by players who prefer to solo it, or fought in a group by players who prefer to fight it that way.

I agree. This boss is part of a fun event for everyone, and I think they did a great job making it work for all playstyles.
    PCNA
  • zharkovian
    zharkovian
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin my suggestion, as this is a daily repeatable quest, would be to simply add another class of gold plunder skull drop to the crow boss, either as a loot item or when turning in the quest. I like the idea of collecting the feathers, but then the boss should be instanced so there is no need to create a group or spam in chat. Just my couple of cents there.

I would also add if it is to be general admission instanced, then increase the difficulty further. ;)
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zharkovian wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin my suggestion, as this is a daily repeatable quest, would be to simply add another class of gold plunder skull drop to the crow boss, either as a loot item or when turning in the quest. I like the idea of collecting the feathers, but then the boss should be instanced so there is no need to create a group or spam in chat. Just my couple of cents there.

I would also add if it is to be general admission instanced, then increase the difficulty further. ;)

Making the fight more difficult would turn away a lot of players. Many of us just want a quick and stress free experience, not a veteran level challenge.

However they could add a veteran option for those who want a more difficult fight, as long as they leave the normal mode just as it is.

As far as loot, the reward is what you get for turning in the quest.
    Edited by SilverBride on October 26, 2021 4:22PM
    PCNA
  • DeepSeaDiver
    DeepSeaDiver
    ✭✭
    Not bragging. Done this on two accounts with no companions (don't own Blackwood).

My 2nd account has no mythics. It's over CP1300 which obviously helps. Used a magplar with MS, Juli's & Zaan. Only weps & Zaan are golded, rest is purple. Used Bread food to boost HP only. From my experience:

1) Roll dodge the boss when it charges. Otherwise you get knocked down and tend to find yourself in red which can kill you.
    2) Kite it i.e. run around red aoe circle.
    3) Near the end there's a lot of adds & red. Focus on boss. Never used ultimates as Sweeps/Shards/Beam was enough.
    4) For solo content, I tend to role a magplar tho I do vMA with a pet sorc. Inb4 sum1 says "Sweeps", another goto solo is my stamplar and did some norm trial stuff with no food or vet trial with Bread back in the 810cp 12-13k HP DD days. Avoid red, ask healers what their bane is, 'nuff said for a lot of content. Credit to ZOS they make a lot of content doable without top tier gear.

Now if you are new/low lvl/physical issues I can totally understand this boss may cause problems/impossible to solo. I've helped some low lvls with this boss on this 2nd acct as I realise the position they're in - healed them too but can't prevent all deaths :)

Agreed the rewards aren't worth it. Do it just for the sake of it, then move on. If you want some skulls, do Alikr Dolmens (slower to farm tho). Would be nice if ZOS made the rewards better imho. Cheers.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought it a fun fight but am a bit confused on how it is supposed to work: We get the quest and make the effigy individually and then… doesn’t each open a portal? Was this boss meant to be a challenging solo fight? Otherwise, I am confused as to how multiple people are able to join, complete their quest, get plunder skulls.
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They stopped doing event achievements long ago because players got frustrated not being able to get them if they weren’t around in real life. I believe Dremora was the last to be added.

Can we just….I cannot believe all achievements were stopped because of players moaning… so now we can’t even have an achievement tied to Crowborne [Snip].

[Edited for Bait]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on October 27, 2021 5:02PM
  • XxCaLxX
    XxCaLxX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting a laugh from these comments. Is it worth it? Nope. But this is not a group boss by any means. It literally does one attack and you can dodge roll it. Hit the gravestones one time to kill them and guess what....no adds. Could’ve been something worth the time if it had been a challenge for solo or group or even if feathers were harder to get and it actually had a decent drop. Another L for eso. Surprise surprise.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought it a fun fight but am a bit confused on how it is supposed to work: We get the quest and make the effigy individually and then… doesn’t each open a portal? Was this boss meant to be a challenging solo fight? Otherwise, I am confused as to how multiple people are able to join, complete their quest, get plunder skulls.

You join a group before you go in the portal.
    PCNA
  • Grega
    Grega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi All! Thank you so much for your feedback regarding Crowborne Horror. We'll be collecting feedback and sharing that with the dev team at the end of the event. So please keep the feedback coming. This will aid the dev team as

I have a few suggestions for next year.

1. Create achievement completion for it, so it’s in line with other activities
    2. Make the skulls drop from boss itself rather than quest turn in. This would allow people to have incentive to join people who need help
    3. Expand the pocket realm of evergloam, to make it bigger, add hostile npcs/resources and add respawn timer to them plus the boss for an incentive for people to stay in there longer than just to kill the boss.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll admit the reward is nothing to write home about. But I don't think it's so terrible either. He's on par with killing an above average world boss, and you can probably take him out in the time it would take you to kill 3 of the easier world bosses. So while I'm not impressed with the reward, I don't think it's completely awful either. I've been killing him.

I would have preferred something unique as a reward though.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »
    I'll admit the reward is nothing to write home about. But I don't think it's so terrible either. He's on par with killing an above average world boss, and you can probably take him out in the time it would take you to kill 3 of the easier world bosses. So while I'm not impressed with the reward, I don't think it's completely awful either. I've been killing him.

I would have preferred something unique as a reward though.

I can kill him in a bit over 2 minutes on my Overland character solo, who is just wearing Medusa/Mother's Sorrow. Which is under the cooldown time for a second skull, so even if I were to somehow kill world bosses in that same time frame I would still get less skulls.

So his difficulty is slightly higher than a typical world boss and has slightly higher rewards as a result. Seems apropos to me.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on October 28, 2021 3:09AM
  • wrgagurl
    wrgagurl
    ✭✭✭
    2022... Tried the quest and killing the boss on 2 different characters, first kill when I turned the quest, no plunder skulls at all, second character after turning in quest, only 2 plunder skulls, not worth the time for the crap you get, can go to public dungeon and get 3 faster and I actually get the plunder skulls, after waiting 3 mins between each boss kill, which is also a crappy thing for them to add, a timer between bosses.
    XBOX ONE X, NA
    530CP
    Magika Sorceror
    Magika Warden
    Magika Templar
  • Tenthirty2
    Tenthirty2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried the boss last year a couple times, it was hella powerful and the rewards were meh.
    It's the same this year, so I'm just running for gold and purple skulls.
    Time better spent IMO.
    • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    • "When my time comes, I will smile. And that will be all." -Sir Nathain Galien
    • IGN: TenThirty2 (PC/PS: NA, PC/PS: EU)
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Having a boss specifically for the event is a really cool idea, I love it.
    I will say though, maybe a unique reward, title or something else specifically dropped from the boss would be cool.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does suck that the Crowborne Horror doesn't drop anything... The boss isn't hard, it's just tedious because of the immune phases. But it would be nice if defeating it gave something unique.

Completing the quest each day will give the gold plunder skull "Dremora Plunder Skull, Crowborne Horror". I usually just get crafting mats, bait or trash from the purple "Plunder Skull", so the opportunity to get another gold skull each day is at least something.

Tip for completing the quest easily each day: start by doing delve, dolmen, world boss and public dungeon for the daily gold dremora plunder skulls. Save those skulls and then open them for the feathers part of this quest. Boom. No more wasted time running around to collect plunder skulls for feathers.

Edit:
    Just noticed this thread was from last year... The only thing that has changed is the quest now gives the "Dremora Plunder Skull, Crowborne Horror" for the first time you complete it each day. At least I don't remember getting those last year...
    Edited by N00BxV1 on October 22, 2022 4:58PM
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Three ENTIRE and WHOLE plunder skulls? I've waited my entire life for this yay! Oh the horror!

Not worth my time to do this. I only do these events for the XP boost item.
    Edited by Castagere on October 22, 2022 4:19PM
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind that boss don't have loot. Because loot is Dremora Plunder Skull, Crowborne Horror (When you have that daily quest).
    And if you are lucky you will get jackpot loot from that skull (https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/63015)...
    I completed whole event achieves last year but now I got at first Crow that jackpot lol.
    Edited by davidtk on October 22, 2022 4:47PM
    Really sorry for my english
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did this quest last time to see what all the fuss was about,( you see so many lfcg, crow press X in zone chat, you think wow this must be some awesome quest), after doing it once, that was more than enough to satisfy my curiosity, not touching it again on an alt, different server, or platform, it wasn't worth the effort imo.
    But kudos to you, if you enjoy it!
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭
    necro thread just in time for halloween
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Too much effort, Sammy too lazy :D
  • Living_Tribunal
    Living_Tribunal
    ✭✭✭
    So... You get three skulls after the first gold one? I only get the gold one.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They don’t need to create another type of gold box, just drop another random gold box from those that are available. I can some new or newer players who are not ready for trials or play off meta hours when it’s hard to get a group to have a chance at the swords or chest of Dremora motif.

Plus, for a more difficult experience for those that want it, they could add a challenge banner to it. There doesn’t really need extra incentive to do it like extra drops other maybe an extra achievement and another purple plunder skull.

Stay safe :)
  • Bat
    Bat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Hadeostry @ZOS_Icy

This thread should probably be closed since the information from 1 year ago is outdated and it's causing confusion for many.
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk. I just pick up the quest. Do my normal gold skull quests. I automatically get feathers from them anyway and then just circle back and drop them off. I find it minimal effort. I haven't had trouble finding a group either tbh. There are always ppl looking.
  • Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering the marketing message on the launch page pretty much consists of “Boo!” I’d guess they’re focusing on other… things at the moment.
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People would nonstop farm the crow boss for drops since he is instanced and right there.
This discussion has been closed.