The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crowborne Horror doesn't drop anything

CoronHR
CoronHR
✭✭✭✭✭
am i missing something here?
Edited by Psiion on October 23, 2022 7:19PM
PC - EU - Steam client
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turn in the quest. Get 3 plunder skulls. That’s it.

You can do it everyday on every character.
  • madrab73
    madrab73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No momento showing for me
  • CoronHR
    CoronHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok, i must have a different quest then. i have the plucking the crow quest. i thought that was crowborne but must be a different one. thanks!
    PC - EU - Steam client
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Three ENTIRE and WHOLE plunder skulls? I've waited my entire life for this yay! Oh the horror!
    Edited by Veinblood1965 on October 21, 2021 6:34PM
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    seems like another not thoroughly thought out idea from ZoS, you have us gathering feathers alone, and yet the boss is a group boss... and the reward, like seriously... smh
  • madrab73
    madrab73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    madrab73 wrote: »
    No momento showing for me

Never mind, they caught me out saying it was a memento when it's a tool now :p
  • totzummrdave_ESO
    totzummrdave_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Blinx wrote: »
    seems like another not thoroughly thought out idea from ZoS, you have us gathering feathers alone, and yet the boss is a group boss... and the reward, like seriously... smh

^ This... although I'm shaking more than my head lol.
    Just more typical face slapping, or short sticking as it were, of customers.
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There is literally 0 point in doing this boss. No loot drops, I don't know if it dropped any exp because I was in /zsone trying to figure out if the boss is supposed to drop nothing...in the time it takes to kill that boss, you can run around in a smaller public dungeon like Forgotten Crypts and get 3-5 Skulls, plus loot drops from the bosses/mobs and exp.

@ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Please tell us the boss is just glitched and it's actually supposed to drop things, because if it's working as intended...seriously what's the point? The effort to beat the boss doesn't come anywhere CLOSE to matching the pitiful rewards. At least make it drop three of the Dremora Skulls if that's all it's going to reward us.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would actually be quite nice having some special reward tied to him, even like a memento or a piece of "spoopy" jewelry.
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See the PTS notes

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/582210/pts-patch-notes-v7-1-2

The Horror was never designed to drop anything special
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like the concept, but in the time to get feathers, form a group and kill the thing you can farm up more skulls. There at least should be an achievement or something.
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the concept, but in the time to get feathers, form a group and kill the thing you can farm up more skulls. There at least should be an achievement or something.

They stopped doing event achievements long ago because players got frustrated not being able to get them if they weren’t around in real life. I believe Dremora was the last to be added.
  • CoronHR
    CoronHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ah ok, i get it now. you farm the feathers, then defeat the boss. so i had the quest all along.

but the thing is, as others have said, it's REALLY not worth it. all you get is 3 plunder skulls, from all that work. you'd get that many in no time in a public dungeon. so that's a bit of a letdown, won't do that again
    PC - EU - Steam client
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CoronHR wrote: »
    ah ok, i get it now. you farm the feathers, then defeat the boss. so i had the quest all along.

but the thing is, as others have said, it's REALLY not worth it. all you get is 3 plunder skulls, from all that work. you'd get that many in no time in a public dungeon. so that's a bit of a letdown, won't do that again

hey don't forget 15k experience! Thats worth it right there!
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Boss itself drops nothing, you only get 3 plunder skulls for turning the quest in.

You could farm the boss adds for xp though since the whistle memento gives doubled xp...
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

15k exp isn't worth the hassle of the fight. You'll get that and then-some just going through a public dungeon killing the bosses and mobs there thanks to the double exp of the event. There truly is no point in the fight or the quest.

They stopped doing event achievements long ago because players got frustrated not being able to get them if they weren’t around in real life. I believe Dremora was the last to be added.
    While people missing out on things due to irl is a valid concern, that doesn't mean they should have a fight that takes that much effort and give a reward you could have gotten several times over doing easier fights. There's NO reason to do the quest more than once just to experience the fight, and honestly even that's debatable and subjective.
    Edited by Arunei on October 22, 2021 2:02AM
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To all the players griping about this quest-- I don't think it was meant for you (and me). It seems like it was meant to give the players who are always begging for more difficult content something to kill. I just left the pocket realm before killing it, since I'm not OP enough to kill it (even though I can solo plenty of world bosses), and I'm not interested in respeccing my build until the Armory comes out and I can save my current build first. Anyway, it seems like some players are enjoying this new boss, so I'm thinking those are the players it was meant for in the first place.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do we have to gather 50 feathers every day? Because that is already tedious after just one day.
    PCNA
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only good thing about this boss is that it's the easiest 3 plunder skulls I've earned all day. No running around waiting on public dungeon timers or bosses to respawn. Kill the crow and be done with it.

And for those saying it's a group boss..... the veteran Maelstrom bosses were more threatening than this guy.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    To all the players griping about this quest-- I don't think it was meant for you (and me). It seems like it was meant to give the players who are always begging for more difficult content something to kill. I just left the pocket realm before killing it, since I'm not OP enough to kill it (even though I can solo plenty of world bosses), and I'm not interested in respeccing my build until the Armory comes out and I can save my current build first. Anyway, it seems like some players are enjoying this new boss, so I'm thinking those are the players it was meant for in the first place.
    [snip]

The quest and boss were meant for everyone, not just one group of people. There's literally no reason it shouldn't drop loot like every other boss in the game does, regardless of how hard or easy it is.

[Edited for off topic discussion]
    Edited by Psiion on October 22, 2021 3:04AM

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
  • Smitch_59
    Smitch_59
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Killed him and my three purple plunder skulls had fleshfly larvae and bait. Don't think I'll bother again.
    By Azura, by Azura, by Azura!
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This has to qualify as one of the most badly thought out messages in quite awhile.

You have the technology with the portals in Blackwood to allow players to move through an entrance and all end up in the same instance, so why in the name of sanity didn’t you do it here!

Instead, we get dozens of players all spamming +crow into the chat, not realising that absolutely nobody is configured to accept it to form groups automatically. The result is that you get crowds just standing there! Because I’m telling you now , If you can solo that boss you are categorically in the top 0.00 one percent, like it or not.

Definitely not bothering with that one again. Getting a group for it was impossible, everyone just stood there spamming that same phrase even though they were getting nowhere. Gave it a bash on my own and after being repeatedly one shotted, despite having 60 K health and max resistances, I got bored and left.

Not worth the effort
    Edited by Integral1900 on October 22, 2021 6:04AM
  • bathynomusESO
    bathynomusESO
    ✭✭✭
    The XP Whistle Tool from the quest is worth getting. Not sure if it's worth repeating though.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, I have soloed this boss, but it took way, way more time than it needed to. Even FG1 final boss is faster to do solo...

I mean the fight was kinda boring, it drags for too long. This boss should definetly have at least 2x less hit point (right now it basically "bullet sponge"). But hey, at least there are no one-shots and infinite CC stun-locks. But definitely a solo & group mode is needed.
  • six2fall
    six2fall
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now if quest gave 3 gold plunder skulls that would be an amazing reward & well worth the time/effort. As is just do it once then go back to the usual farming methods like fungal 1 that can be done in like 5 minutes or public dungeons. Hell even alik'r dolmen farm would be better if want to level a toon or collect jewelry to decon
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The XP Whistle Tool from the quest is worth getting. Not sure if it's worth repeating though.

You can get the whistle without fighting the boss and is a separate quest.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Boss is fun finally challenging content! Reward is probably not worth doing more than once though.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • TwinStripeUK
    TwinStripeUK
    ✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

Not sure if that's what was intended at all - if it were, then they'd probably have made it a one-off and made the pre-requisite harder too.

Bit of a missed opportunity IMO - it's tough to beat (too tough for most solo) and other than the minor cheevo, there's nothing you couldn't get by running far easier content that takes less time (you could definitely run three delves in less time than this takes to beat solo).
  • Jack-0
    Jack-0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was pleasantly surprised when I did this boss yesterday - I expected another snorefest to obliterate in seconds but I actually had to fight it and sidestep some aoes before it fell down dead!

I wouldn’t have been best pleased if I’d been on my tank instead of a dd though, it would’ve taken forever!

That said, I didn’t really read the quest dialogue beforehand so I’m not sure if it warns you that it’s a tougher boss or that you might like to group up with some friends first. If it doesn’t, it probably should…
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    The only good thing about this boss is that it's the easiest 3 plunder skulls I've earned all day. No running around waiting on public dungeon timers or bosses to respawn. Kill the crow and be done with it.

And for those saying it's a group boss..... the veteran Maelstrom bosses were more threatening than this guy.

I did NVH just for a quick plunder run, got all the feathers I needed, and then killed this guy real quick. Pretty fun boss.

Thus far I have duo'ed him with a person and companions, but that was too easy

Then I soloed him with my companion. The companion did like half the tanking. Pretty easy still.

Will trh again tomorrow totally alone with no companions to see if he puts up more of a fight
This discussion has been closed.