The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

EP won the game on PC NA Greyhost

• Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vizirith wrote: »
    Kwoung wrote: »
    Tiphis wrote: »
    Well not really, but they have been pop locked or 3 bars since NW launched and the other 2 factions barely muster 1 bars worth of players. Yesterday it was our group of 12 and what appeared to be 3 other random players in our faction. It was pretty much a 12v60+ fight at every turn with EP and while fun for testing and working on our group strategies, we obviously lost every battle due to no one being on. EP now owns the entire map and is still sitting at 3 bars, I suspect they are all just sitting in Arrius twiddling their thumbs as usual, waiting for someone to show up, which is highly unlikely to happen at this point so even they will get bored and leave eventually.

So unless everyone gets bored of NW really fast and comes back, ESO PVP is pretty much done at this point on our server, how are the other servers doing?

Sounds like the ad nightcap. Are you also complaining about that?

Since you apparently missed the entire point of the thread, I was "complaining" about there not being anyone PVPing. As previously mentioned, this wasn't about EP, or AD or DC... it was about NW taking all the players and leaving empty campaigns. That said, EP seems to be the only ones left and the running joke at this point is, they simply couldn't afford NW, so here they stayed.

Well right now there is 3 bars dc, 2 bars ep and 1 bar ad. So I guess everything solved itself.

If by solved you mean an empty map with 1-3 bars for each faction during prime time as well, then sure.

...okay so you stated : "I was "complaining" about there not being anyone PVPing" which was incorrect at that time. That is about normal overall population numbers... I don't understand. I'm confused. That's like prime time for India? Maybe, idk how the eso numbers are for Indian people playing on PC NA. Hence it not being prime time and lower pops.

You said "empty campaigns" but they're getting better. It's not even been a month saying "ESO PVP is pretty much done at this point on our server" as word for word your OP said, is probably incorrect as it has been every time before.

Yes, last night we hit 3 bars for all 3 factions for a very short time, then it dropped again, Thursday is historically pop locked for 4-5 hours during prime time. We will see how tonight goes, DC & AD were at 2 bars last Friday... and by prime time I mean 4-9pm EST, which is generally when Greyhost is completely pop locked across the board.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well not really, but they have been pop locked or 3 bars since NW launched and the other 2 factions barely muster 1 bars worth of players. Yesterday it was our group of 12 and what appeared to be 3 other random players in our faction. It was pretty much a 12v60+ fight at every turn with EP and while fun for testing and working on our group strategies, we obviously lost every battle due to no one being on. EP now owns the entire map and is still sitting at 3 bars, I suspect they are all just sitting in Arrius twiddling their thumbs as usual, waiting for someone to show up, which is highly unlikely to happen at this point so even they will get bored and leave eventually.

So unless everyone gets bored of NW really fast and comes back, ESO PVP is pretty much done at this point on our server, how are the other servers doing?

Since you apparently missed the entire point of the thread, I was "complaining" about there not being anyone PVPing. As previously mentioned, this wasn't about EP, or AD or DC... it was about NW taking all the players and leaving empty campaigns. That said, EP seems to be the only ones left and the running joke at this point is, they simply couldn't afford NW, so here they stayed.

Well right now there is 3 bars dc, 2 bars ep and 1 bar ad. So I guess everything solved itself.

If by solved you mean an empty map with 1-3 bars for each faction during prime time as well, then sure.

...okay so you stated : "I was "complaining" about there not being anyone PVPing" which was incorrect at that time. That is about normal overall population numbers... I don't understand. I'm confused. That's like prime time for India? Maybe, idk how the eso numbers are for Indian people playing on PC NA. Hence it not being prime time and lower pops.

You said "empty campaigns" but they're getting better. It's not even been a month saying "ESO PVP is pretty much done at this point on our server" as word for word your OP said, is probably incorrect as it has been every time before.

Yes... things are looking great! 5pm PST on NA Greyhost....
    dc-ugh.png

And FYI, at least one of those bars for DC is people standing around The Golden.
    Edited by Kwoung on October 16, 2021 12:11AM
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭

dc-ugh.png

And FYI, at least one of those bars for DC is people standing around The Golden.

And it probably the same for ep and ad, unless now you also think that dc are the only people who use the golden.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

dc-ugh.png

And it probably the same for ep and ad, unless now you also think that dc are the only people who use the golden.

Yes, no one said otherwise. So once again, point proven... it is "The" prime time of the week, and by your own admission, none of the factions are actually pop-locked.
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭

dc-ugh.png

Yes, no one said otherwise. So once again, point proven... it is "The" prime time of the week, and by your own admission, none of the factions are actually pop-locked.

... Yeah it is prime time of the week and there are 2 factions poplocked. That contradicts your point of "empty campaigns". The lock icon means pop-locked fyi.
  • Ulfson
    Ulfson
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the OP. For me ESO is almost dead. For years we have had troubles with extremely lopsided fights. The current situation is just another nail in the coffin. Maybe there are some really clever folks in the dev group who can think of a remedy. But I am not holding my breath. I will add that NeW for me is really more PVE solo and I am not sure the PVP action there will ever be a much fun as Cyradiil was four to five years ago.
  • JDredd
    JDredd
    ✭✭
    I vote for this useless post to be removed from Forums. Kwong you are making posts without actually looking at 24hr day and only when you log in and triggering people. I would say play 24hr then post with evidence. Otherwise.... Please remove this post.

Thanks
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    And I take back everything I say. It's actually getting worse somehow. Ad and dc numbers keep dropping. Right now it's 30ish ep vs 3 dc and 1-2 ad. At least ep got bored of gate camping nobody and let dc have 2 keeps and ad 1.
  • stuartx13
    stuartx13
    ✭✭✭
    And I take back everything I say. It's actually getting worse somehow. Ad and dc numbers keep dropping. Right now it's 30ish ep vs 3 dc and 1-2 ad. At least ep got bored of gate camping nobody and let dc have 2 keeps and ad 1.

Played for a few hours but the DC set kills it for me.
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭

2 hours later, dc got brindle so they have warden, rayles and brindle. Ad still only has bloodmayne.
  • Tiphis
    Tiphis
    ✭✭✭✭

2 hours later, dc got brindle so they have warden, rayles and brindle. Ad still only has bloodmayne.

Hey dc finally got glade! We however only have bm, bb and brindle. Although now dc and ad combined may actually come close to the ep pop!
  • Tiphis
    Tiphis
    ✭✭✭✭

Hey dc finally got glade! We however only have bm, bb and brindle. Although now dc and ad combined may actually come close to the ep pop!

Spoke too soon, ep's hammer zerg taking brindle back :( Guess we're back to bm and bb again.
  • baselinestun
    baselinestun
    ✭✭
    JDredd wrote: »
    I vote for this useless post to be removed from Forums. Kwong you are making posts without actually looking at 24hr day and only when you log in and triggering people. I would say play 24hr then post with evidence. Otherwise.... Please remove this post.

Thanks

evidence? how about running in a pop locked EP faction stack and pvdooring the whole map vs 1 bar DC/AD every single night? you know exactly what everyone is talking about because i see you there regularly, this happened for a very long time and only changed a while back when some EP(thanks guys) decided to move factions to even things out a bit, looks like it's returning to the bad old days of dead campaigns courtesy of JDredd and the usual suspects ;)
  • Nevidyra
    Nevidyra
    ✭✭✭✭
    JDredd wrote: »

Thanks

evidence? how about running in a pop locked EP faction stack and pvdooring the whole map vs 1 bar DC/AD every single night? you know exactly what everyone is talking about because i see you there regularly, this happened for a very long time and only changed a while back when some EP(thanks guys) decided to move factions to even things out a bit, looks like it's returning to the bad old days of dead campaigns courtesy of JDredd and the usual suspects ;)

Everyone I know on AD is advocating just not to play until primetime. But even then during primetime, AD/DC can't make significant gains against EP unless a Ballgroup logs on. It's getting really, really bad. People are getting frustrated and even as someone who enjoys outnumbered PvP, it's tiring logging on to try and take a RSS at Black Boot since we're gated just to get zerged by 20 EP, 4 gankers, and 2 tanks blocking the RSS from being capped.

Hope EP has fun when it ends up being just them PvDooring an empty map, as that's where it's quickly heading. I saw a certain prominent EP player claiming that a 'nonzero of number of EP players would be happy to switch to get some action going' on the forums a few days ago. Campaign flipped, and I saw said prominent player still on EP today PvDooring and faction stacking the map.

Guess that was a lie, lmao.
    -PC/NA/AD-
    CP 1k+

Immortal Redeemer [✅]
    Tick-Tock Tormentor [✅]
    Gryphon Heart [✅]
    Godslayer [WIP]
    Dawnbringer [N/A]

• Tiphis
    Tiphis
    ✭✭✭✭
    [Snip] Everybody knows cropsford is the best spot for ERP and it's mostly owned by ep which is why the factions are so unbalanced.

[Edited for inappropriate content]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on October 21, 2021 1:04PM
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    [Snip] Everybody knows cropsford is the best spot for ERP and it's mostly owned by ep which is why the factions are so unbalanced.

Yeah ep has fallen so far. Amazing that literally every single one of them chases to zerg you down. Here was have the EP faction stack vs the DC faction stack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcb9YLNpB58
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kTpETFI.png
    This is Cryodiil this morning. I know several AD PvP guilds left for NW during it's beta pre-release, including 2 of mine. Whether they come back or not doesn't matter. I think the damage has been done.
    Edited by starlizard70ub17_ESO on October 20, 2021 5:01PM
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah ep has fallen so far. Amazing that literally every single one of them chases to zerg you down. Here was have the EP faction stack vs the DC faction stack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcb9YLNpB58

This is the situation night after night. the sad part of it all is that the lower skilled EP players now believe themselves to be really good.
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kTpETFI.png
    This is Cryodiil this morning. I know several AD PvP guilds left for NW during it's beta pre-release, including 2 of mine. Whether they come back or not doesn't matter. I think the damage has been done.

Pretty much the same thing on Ravenwatch, except with AD dominating. Last patch and NW killed pops across the board.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think the damage has been done.
    I'd wager a lot of people will come back for u32, especially with the promised DCon nerf. Double AP Mayhem will also bring people back. This isn't the first time we've had a couple months of low Cyro population.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Nevidyra
    Nevidyra
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the damage has been done.
    I'd wager a lot of people will come back for u32, especially with the promised DCon nerf. Double AP Mayhem will also bring people back. This isn't the first time we've had a couple months of low Cyro population.

So what happened to those 'nonzero number of EP regulars that'd be happy to switch'? As of currently writing, it is 7:30PM, NA Primetime, both AD/DC have lowpop bonus, 0 scrolls, and are having their trikeeps camped by EP.

Or is EP's players somehow not at fault for this?
    -PC/NA/AD-
    CP 1k+

Immortal Redeemer [✅]
    Tick-Tock Tormentor [✅]
    Gryphon Heart [✅]
    Godslayer [WIP]
    Dawnbringer [N/A]

• Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would you have us all not play because DC and AD decided not to? I can only speak for myself, but I've only ever played EP and am rather loyal to my faction and don't really want to change just because suddenly there's a lot of EP I've never seen before. We lost some regulars, too. I really don't think this is some evil EP plot. I'm not in any guilds so I don't know for sure. We are bored. We want fights. Unfortunately it's hard to come across them and end up being disproportionate because we are all fight starved. I tried other campaigns and they seemed dead.
  • Nevidyra
    Nevidyra
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soraka wrote: »
    Would you have us all not play because DC and AD decided not to?

Yes.
    We are bored. We want fights. Unfortunately it's hard to come across them and end up being disproportionate because we are all fight starved.

That's why you swap factions.

-PC/NA/AD-
    CP 1k+

Immortal Redeemer [✅]
    Tick-Tock Tormentor [✅]
    Gryphon Heart [✅]
    Godslayer [WIP]
    Dawnbringer [N/A]

• Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stayed EP when we were the ones being gated every night. I'm not swapping because of some perceived obligation to feel shame. Pressure your factions guilds. I understand it's frustrating, but the blame is misplaced. I was surprised it didn't balance out at campaign restart because there's usually plenty of people who do faction swap.
  • Nevidyra
    Nevidyra
    ✭✭✭✭
    I stayed EP when we were the ones being gated every night. I'm not swapping because of some perceived obligation to feel shame. Pressure your factions guilds. I understand it's frustrating, but the blame is misplaced. I was surprised it didn't balance out at campaign restart because there's usually plenty of people who do faction swap.

The excuse of 'EP is just looking for fights because we are starved, players can't be blamed' could work if EP wasn't purposefully gatecamping, factionstacking any attempt to retake trikeeps, and teabagging players 30v1 along with complaining about lowpop bonus on the forums because they don't like the score being fair.

Sure, it's not /all/ of you, but there's a significant majority bragging about the current situation in Cyrodiil.
    Edited by Nevidyra on October 21, 2021 1:12AM
    -PC/NA/AD-
    CP 1k+

Immortal Redeemer [✅]
    Tick-Tock Tormentor [✅]
    Gryphon Heart [✅]
    Godslayer [WIP]
    Dawnbringer [N/A]

• xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nevidyra wrote: »
    players can't be blamed' could work if EP wasn't purposefully gatecamping, factionstacking any attempt to retake trikeeps... complaining about lowpop bonus on the forums because they don't like the score being fair.
    The problem isn't that the score is being kept close, the problem is that the system reinforces high pop PvDoor zerging as the best way to win on the scoreboard and to gain AP. I'm actually with you that Cyro is in a sad state right now, but blaming EP is only going to motivate them to zerg even harder. Blame a poorly designed scoring system, a poorly designed underdog bandaid, faction locks, the money/time investment of a faction swap, an inability to implement dynamic pop caps...
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nevidyra wrote: »
    players can't be blamed' could work if EP wasn't purposefully gatecamping, factionstacking any attempt to retake trikeeps... complaining about lowpop bonus on the forums because they don't like the score being fair.
    The problem isn't that the score is being kept close, the problem is that the system reinforces high pop PvDoor zerging as the best way to win on the scoreboard and to gain AP. I'm actually with you that Cyro is in a sad state right now, but blaming EP is only going to motivate them to zerg even harder. Blame a poorly designed scoring system, a poorly designed underdog bandaid, faction locks, the money/time investment of a faction swap, an inability to implement dynamic pop caps...

I agree with you 100%, but unfortunately based on the prior handling of pvp and related issues I doubt any of that will happen and so people turn to the only thing they have a modicum of control over. I mean we literally all agree that performance is an issue and eventually people just stopped complaining about it, not that it doesn't still frustrate people but rather we've slowly dropped the expectations lower and lower. I mean, genuinely how many people still truly believe it'll get a lot better?
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The_Lex wrote: »
    My god there's just so many ep. Is this like the covid EP baby boom where everybody is stuck inside so they have nothing to do but make babies? Everybody knows cropsford is the best spot for ERP and it's mostly owned by ep which is why the factions are so unbalanced.

This is the situation night after night. the sad part of it all is that the lower skilled EP players now believe themselves to be really good.

IKR, most are complete newbs it seems lately. My little group will be playing the next few nights and if it goes like the previous few weeks, I will walk out with a 40/1 kill ratio and enough AP to buy out The Golden. That said, we will still die, a lot. There is only so much you can do with 60 vs 8 odds, but we are still having fun trying.
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings,

As this thread has continued to derail with baiting and flaming comments, despite our previous message, we have decided to close it down. When posting, we ask that forum members remain civil, constructive, and within the guidelines that we have in place. If there are any questions in regards to the rules, please feel free to review them here.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.