The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

EP won the game on PC NA Greyhost

• Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CrashTest wrote: »
    RevJJ wrote: »
    Every time an EP Zerg shows up my ping shoots up and I get disconnected. Or DC and AD get the slow “bug” while EP is doing fine.

Congrats, I guess?

Lag is not faction based. It's a hardware/software issue on ZOS' end.

Oh I know it’s not supposed to be faction based. It just happens to only happen with large groups of EP. I’m in DC and I’ve never had this even when there is a full faction stack of AD. Only with EP. Just personal experience of course. And that of many others in zone chat. Maybe because they’re pop locked 23/7 and the server therefore gives them priority? idk. I’m not saying it’s being done on purpose but it is strange to me.

I'm AD and I've noticed the same thing with the EP horde. I'm fine around DC zergs, but when the red zerg comes, everything stutters.

I don't know if it's a skill or set that most of them use or what. I just know they always bring the lag with them to fights even when they're not poplocked, but DC doesn't even if DC is poplocked.

PCNA Blackreach

I usually have the same issue with DC ball groups, especially when they do the ring around the Rosie inside keeps. I have that issue with large AD groups, especially during Sej fights. I think it's easy to fall into blaming a faction for DC and increased lag, but I think there's an underlying issue. And both instances I usually see a lot of people afterwards in chat talking about crashing. Same with being double teamed. I always see people talk about team green. I think it's the nature of having three factions that everyone is going to feel double teamed a lot. Especially if we have been banging our heads against a particular keep for awhile it becomes an opportunity to take it when the faction becomes distracted defending somewhere else. Naturally that somewhere else would be from another faction. And if one faction is scroll pushing it kind of becomes the path of least resistance to push the second scroll of the attacked faction. It feels crappy when it happens, but I think it's just something that apparently each faction is going to notice more when it's happening to them. Just my two cents.
    TLDR: EP gets lag from opposing factions and feels put upon by double teaming as well.
    Edit: also last night was incredibly boring and I think many EP are hoping your players come back from the New place so there can be fights. I spent some time repairing walls for a sad trickle of AP and logged off.
    Edited by Soraka on October 6, 2021 12:00PM
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    Greetings everyone!

We've removed some posts from this thread as they violated our rules on baiting. It’s okay and very normal to disagree with others, and even to debate, but provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the official The Elder Scrolls Online community. If you do not have something constructive or meaningful to add to a discussion, we strongly recommend you refrain from posting in that thread, and find another discussion to participate in instead.

Thank you for your understanding, and please keep the Community Rules in mind when posting on the forums.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fighting against always pop-locked enemies (with dark convergence on every other player) is so... much... fun...
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    Fighting against always pop-locked enemies (with dark convergence on every other player) is so... much... fun...

Amusingly I went out of my way to not attack someone who was ressing a teammate outside a keep after they had wiped because there were already a ton of EP swarming the area. Felt wrong to kick them while down. He still went out of his way to follow me to the gate and kill me twice and get zerged down. I guess that's what I get for feeling bad and trying to be fair 😆.
    Edited by Soraka on October 6, 2021 1:14PM
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GH and BR should be merged with the resources combined to allow for the higher pop cap than currently available. We only need CP and no cp camps. This will prevent one faction from driving people out of their preferred campaign.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gray Host would probably be less dead without faction locks. A nonzero number of EP regulars mention they'd be happy to switch to the underdog just to get some action going.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soraka wrote: »
    Every time an EP Zerg shows up my ping shoots up and I get disconnected. Or DC and AD get the slow “bug” while EP is doing fine.

Congrats, I guess?

Oh I know it’s not supposed to be faction based. It just happens to only happen with large groups of EP. I’m in DC and I’ve never had this even when there is a full faction stack of AD. Only with EP. Just personal experience of course. And that of many others in zone chat. Maybe because they’re pop locked 23/7 and the server therefore gives them priority? idk. I’m not saying it’s being done on purpose but it is strange to me.

I'm AD and I've noticed the same thing with the EP horde. I'm fine around DC zergs, but when the red zerg comes, everything stutters.

I don't know if it's a skill or set that most of them use or what. I just know they always bring the lag with them to fights even when they're not poplocked, but DC doesn't even if DC is poplocked.

PCNA Blackreach

I usually have the same issue with DC ball groups, especially when they do the ring around the Rosie inside keeps. I have that issue with large AD groups, especially during Sej fights. I think it's easy to fall into blaming a faction for DC and increased lag, but I think there's an underlying issue. And both instances I usually see a lot of people afterwards in chat talking about crashing. Same with being double teamed. I always see people talk about team green. I think it's the nature of having three factions that everyone is going to feel double teamed a lot. Especially if we have been banging our heads against a particular keep for awhile it becomes an opportunity to take it when the faction becomes distracted defending somewhere else. Naturally that somewhere else would be from another faction. And if one faction is scroll pushing it kind of becomes the path of least resistance to push the second scroll of the attacked faction. It feels crappy when it happens, but I think it's just something that apparently each faction is going to notice more when it's happening to them. Just my two cents.
    TLDR: EP gets lag from opposing factions and feels put upon by double teaming as well.
    Edit: also last night was incredibly boring and I think many EP are hoping your players come back from the New place so there can be fights. I spent some time repairing walls for a sad trickle of AP and logged off.

I'm not blaming a faction. I think it might be caused by certain sets or skills simultaneously firing by many players, which coincides consistently with EP and not AD or DC.

As for team green, I don't know about any other playtime, but I guarantee you PCNA AD Blackreach during US primetime isn't teaming with DC to attack EP. We barely even team up with each other. Sometimes, there's a yellow guild running around, but they don't talk to or play/coordinate with the rest of AD. They're always off doing their own thing. Other than that, our coordination consists mainly of solo people randomly calling out in zone what's ua or where we should go, which gets crickets or criticism in reply. It 's clumsy, but we can sometimes agree long enough to make it work. You can verify all this yourself by logging into an AD alt bc Blackreach isn't alliance locked.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soraka wrote: »

Congrats, I guess?

PCNA Blackreach

I'm not blaming a faction. I think it might be caused by certain sets or skills simultaneously firing by many players, which coincides consistently with EP and not AD or DC.

As for team green, I don't know about any other playtime, but I guarantee you PCNA AD Blackreach during US primetime isn't teaming with DC to attack EP. We barely even team up with each other. Sometimes, there's a yellow guild running around, but they don't talk to or play/coordinate with the rest of AD. They're always off doing their own thing. Other than that, our coordination consists mainly of solo people randomly calling out in zone what's ua or where we should go, which gets crickets or criticism in reply. It 's clumsy, but we can sometimes agree long enough to make it work. You can verify all this yourself by logging into an AD alt bc Blackreach isn't alliance locked.

That exactly sums up DC on Greyhost as well.
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My point was about perspective, not attributing blame.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gray Host would probably be less dead without faction locks. A nonzero number of EP regulars mention they'd be happy to switch to the underdog just to get some action going.

agree tbh, same situation pc experiences happens on console too and is why I prefer non-faction locked campaigns. I just switch to whichever faction isn't winning. At the end of the day, I want to play PVP not PVDoor or log on just to log out again because one faction won't even allow you to take a resource. Idk about PC but on PS4 na when EP server zerg, they defend everything even resources and I often get 12v1'ed by ep to defend a resource as if that 1 point will make a dent in their score lol.
    But unfortunately, when this happens my only choice is to switch campaigns (9 times out of 10 the same thing is happening in blackreach and Ravenwatch, cause gray host reds move there) or just log out of pvp. I care more about being able to play the game, not "blood for the pact" or "for the covenant" roleplay.
    Unfortunately there's a lot of people who hate people who play multiple factions, however
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • midgetfromtheshire
    midgetfromtheshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ahk1lleez wrote: »
    Kwoung wrote: »
    Ahk1lleez wrote: »
    Consider it payback for continuing to target EP after most of our coordinated groups left for DC. Now that your factions are weakest you want us to feel bad about taking over the map, after both factions targeted EP specifically because they knew we've been without many coordinated groups for months on end? Sorry, but we're not sorry. If you weren't adamant about continuously double teaming us we might be willing to swap factions. After these last few months I wouldn't count on that happening. You reap what you sow.

You missed the point of the thread entirely. EP are the only ones still playing, DC & AD have most all left the server apparently. If anyone is reaping anything here, it is ZOS for making Cyrodiil continually worst and never fixing anything, so people went elsewhere. It has nothing to do with EP, other than they didn't leave ESO PVP. So no... you aren't actually "winning" anything, except maybe an uncluttered map view. Nothing to feel proud about there and nope, it isn't "payback" of any sort. There is no pride in winning a game no one else showed up to play.
    You're insinuating that I missed the point of the post but fail to understand why I said what I said. Yes, people have left your factions to play another game. [snip] The fact remains that if both AD and DC hadn't operated the way they had prior to this that members of EP may have been willing to swap factions to deal with the imbalance. [snip], things could very well be balanced right now had certain actions not been taken by AD and DC. Meaning not as much zerging, and not as much lag as a result. [snip]

[edited for baiting/bashing]

Nah you wouldn't have swapped factions, if you would've you could've. People who actually wanted to fight outnumbered or evenly did already. This sounds alot like blaming the other factions for EP zerging, same excuses given by a zerglord after bragging that his zerg could easily take both AD/DC. Campaign swapped around and he came onto the forums begging for EP to be left alone because some imaginary pet died, etc etc.
    Edited by midgetfromtheshire on October 12, 2021 7:21AM
    Get rid of faction locks.
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's very strange to read this post and see all the complaints about EP running the map. AD has been doing this very thing every night on PC NA GH.
    Recently its typically 3 bar ad to low 2 bar ep to 1 bar DC.
    AD usually takes emp, then takes everything else.
    The other night, AD had the entire map: 290 points (or something like that) and DC, EP zero points. I took a screen shot but am too lazy to post it. It's a memento of fun times.
    AD has been nightcapping like this for most of the last year.

Here is why many of these posters don't know this: AD does this starting around 1030 PM PST. All the EST players are long logged off.

At some point, maybe much later PST, EP must be logging on and running the map, otherwise I dont see howEP is still ahead by such a large margin.

One thing we can all agree on: it isn't any fun to be outnumbered 3, 4 10 to 1. And it can't possibly be fun to PvDoor the entire map...right??
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • Kory
    Kory
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's like 5 DC players in RavenWatch PC/NA :D Send a helpline
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nah you wouldn't have swapped factions, if you would've you could've.
    Not many EP were switching factions after the previous campaign's last place finish, and faction locks made damn sure that this month's Gray Host died and stayed dead. This mess can only be blamed on ZOS, not the players.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not many EP were switching factions after the previous campaign's last place finish, and faction locks made damn sure that this month's Gray Host died and stayed dead. This mess can only be blamed on ZOS, not the players.

Yes, all these people have a short memory-- EP has won the campaign maybe twice (?) in the approximately last year since Tyr and Drac and a bunch of other long time EP left for other factions .

Xylena I know you weren't playing much of that year, but EP has been repeatedly ground to dust in this time
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • Nevidyra
    Nevidyra
    ✭✭✭✭

I'll keep the blame on the players when none of you EP complaining on the forums about AD/DC having lowpop bonus for 10+ hours a day due to EP having the entire map red and 6 scrolls actually follow through and switch to balance out the populations.

I sincerely hope you all enjoy the fruits of your labor; killing the same 4-5 players with 30-40 EP swarming you because it's the only PvP on the entire map. It's really fun, I bet.
    Edited by Nevidyra on October 14, 2021 6:26PM
    -PC/NA/AD-
    CP 1k+

Immortal Redeemer [✅]
    Tick-Tock Tormentor [✅]
    Gryphon Heart [✅]
    Godslayer [WIP]
    Dawnbringer [N/A]

• Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nevidyra wrote: »

I'll keep the blame on the players when none of you EP complaining on the forums about AD/DC having lowpop bonus for 10+ hours a day due to EP having the entire map red and 6 scrolls actually follow through and switch to balance out the populations.

I sincerely hope you all enjoy the fruits of your labor; killing the same 4-5 players with 30-40 EP swarming you because it's the only PvP on the entire map. It's really fun, I bet.

And when all of dcs and ads ball groups come back, you'll be better off. Balance has changed heavily with NW out. It really only came down to what players left. It was more heavily dc and ad than ep. It was literally the only thing that actually changed. It was unlucky for dc and ad.
  • Tiphis
    Tiphis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well not really, but they have been pop locked or 3 bars since NW launched and the other 2 factions barely muster 1 bars worth of players. Yesterday it was our group of 12 and what appeared to be 3 other random players in our faction. It was pretty much a 12v60+ fight at every turn with EP and while fun for testing and working on our group strategies, we obviously lost every battle due to no one being on. EP now owns the entire map and is still sitting at 3 bars, I suspect they are all just sitting in Arrius twiddling their thumbs as usual, waiting for someone to show up, which is highly unlikely to happen at this point so even they will get bored and leave eventually.

So unless everyone gets bored of NW really fast and comes back, ESO PVP is pretty much done at this point on our server, how are the other servers doing?

Sounds like the ad nightcap. Are you also complaining about that?
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nevidyra wrote: »

Ok, it is 11 pm PST. Log on right now!
    The AD zerg running the map. Go ahead, log on and verify, it happens every night. 60+ Ad with hammer just took arrius from 10 EP.

Yes, we know exactly what it is like. It happens every night , but on PST not EST. AD poplocked or nearly so, DA 1 bar, EP low 2 bar then 1 bar.

This AD zerg has actually managed, within the last week, to get emp virtually every night, and one night they took every single keepand RSS from noth DC and EP== who were one bar, of course.

I, like you, can't imagine what fun they have doing this massive PvDoor but...at least they get the "Emperor" title?
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tiphis wrote: »
    Well not really, but they have been pop locked or 3 bars since NW launched and the other 2 factions barely muster 1 bars worth of players. Yesterday it was our group of 12 and what appeared to be 3 other random players in our faction. It was pretty much a 12v60+ fight at every turn with EP and while fun for testing and working on our group strategies, we obviously lost every battle due to no one being on. EP now owns the entire map and is still sitting at 3 bars, I suspect they are all just sitting in Arrius twiddling their thumbs as usual, waiting for someone to show up, which is highly unlikely to happen at this point so even they will get bored and leave eventually.

So unless everyone gets bored of NW really fast and comes back, ESO PVP is pretty much done at this point on our server, how are the other servers doing?

Since you apparently missed the entire point of the thread, I was "complaining" about there not being anyone PVPing. As previously mentioned, this wasn't about EP, or AD or DC... it was about NW taking all the players and leaving empty campaigns. That said, EP seems to be the only ones left and the running joke at this point is, they simply couldn't afford NW, so here they stayed.
    Edited by Kwoung on October 15, 2021 7:17AM
  • Tiphis
    Tiphis
    ✭✭✭✭

Since you apparently missed the entire point of the thread, I was "complaining" about there not being anyone PVPing. As previously mentioned, this wasn't about EP, or AD or DC... it was about NW taking all the players and leaving empty campaigns. That said, EP seems to be the only ones left and the running joke at this point is, they simply couldn't afford NW, so here they stayed.

Oh must have misread the title and half your OP complaining about ep to mean you were complaining about ep. All factions still get pop locked at prime time so I'm not sure that EP is the only ones left. Off prime time is always hit or miss with pop balance in any camp, hence the ad nightcapping. Is it the fact that it ep not ad or dc? Is it that you play during the ep map dominance not ad's? Every campaign on every server (EU/PC, NA/EU) has always had this issue, what's so different now? The populations during non primetime are always unbalanced. Nightcapping has been a thing for as long as the game has been out. On less populated servers day capping is also a thing. "Morning" capping if you are in the us is mostly driven by Japanese players. I used to play No cp and ep would basically day cap there a few years back because alot of the japanese players stayed together and went ep, is that their fault?

If people stay playing new world, which is by no means guaranteed, then the factions will rebalance just like the have done over and over. If people come back to eso then the factions will be rebalanced. 1 30 day campaign being poorly balanced never has and never will spell doom for the campaign.
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭

Well right now there is 3 bars dc, 2 bars ep and 1 bar ad. So I guess everything solved itself.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The destruction of Cyrodiil has been years in the making. The Cyrodiil situation has snowballed into what we all knew was coming. All it took to finish it off were disastrous new sets and a new game on the market.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vizirith wrote: »

Well right now there is 3 bars dc, 2 bars ep and 1 bar ad. So I guess everything solved itself.

If by solved you mean an empty map with 1-3 bars for each faction during prime time as well, then sure.

[Edit to remove bait]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on October 15, 2021 6:16PM
  • Nogawd
    Nogawd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have played since beta. I have had EP only characters up until 2 campaigns ago when I made the switch to DC.

I left EP because of their zone generals, all caps yelling all the time, and promotion of faction stacking.

Since making that switch, DC has dwindled down to almost nothing. You log on and good chance to us us gated. You go to take anything, even a node and you get 20-30 EP on you. The few people we do have that try and communicate and do something end up arguing with one another due to the frustration levels, making it worse. People leave Cyro and go do other things.

DC used to be a very strong, even feared faction. Now? We are a meme.
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vizirith wrote: »

If by solved you mean an empty map with 1-3 bars for each faction during prime time as well, then sure.

...okay so you stated : "I was "complaining" about there not being anyone PVPing" which was incorrect at that time. That is about normal overall population numbers... I don't understand. I'm confused. That's like prime time for India? Maybe, idk how the eso numbers are for Indian people playing on PC NA. Hence it not being prime time and lower pops.

You said "empty campaigns" but they're getting better. It's not even been a month saying "ESO PVP is pretty much done at this point on our server" as word for word your OP said, is probably incorrect as it has been every time before.
    Edited by [Deleted User] on October 15, 2021 6:17PM
  • Cuwen
    Cuwen
    ✭✭✭
    Yep. U/50 keeps being trounced by EP, too. I came to Grayhost for a break.... Big mistake. I also heard that EP doesn't get lag like we do. Anyone know if this is true?
  • Jackey
    Jackey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PS EU it's part of a cycle it seems.
    Last campaign all alliances returned strong but EP managed to win anyway, so many DC and AD players switched to EP this campaign. The result is EP being 30K points ahead.
    Next campaign they will most likely return to their main alliance.
    Question is whether or not players want to come back this time.
    PS | EU
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cuwen wrote: »
    Yep. U/50 keeps being trounced by EP, too. I came to Grayhost for a break.... Big mistake. I also heard that EP doesn't get lag like we do. Anyone know if this is true?

God if that was the case nobody would play any other faction ever again XD. But no we have just as much lag as everybody else unfortunately.

But under-50 is nearly always a toss up. Too few players to bring a healthy pvp performance. A few good pvpers group up and can lock down alot of pugs who don't really know what they are doing and often have poor builds if they even have an actual build.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't make people switch alliances, lock or not, but you can dangle a carrot big enough to get them too.

Either drastically reduce the change token cost or give one free in the daily rewards every month or two.

If one or more alliance is pop locked, decrease the AP % for both players AND the campaign score. This would make people more likely to flip and make it easier to catch up on score.

I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
This discussion has been closed.