The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

EP won the game on PC NA Greyhost

Kwoung
Kwoung
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Well not really, but they have been pop locked or 3 bars since NW launched and the other 2 factions barely muster 1 bars worth of players. Yesterday it was our group of 12 and what appeared to be 3 other random players in our faction. It was pretty much a 12v60+ fight at every turn with EP and while fun for testing and working on our group strategies, we obviously lost every battle due to no one being on. EP now owns the entire map and is still sitting at 3 bars, I suspect they are all just sitting in Arrius twiddling their thumbs as usual, waiting for someone to show up, which is highly unlikely to happen at this point so even they will get bored and leave eventually.

So unless everyone gets bored of NW really fast and comes back, ESO PVP is pretty much done at this point on our server, how are the other servers doing?

Edited by Kwoung on October 3, 2021 8:33PM
  • stuartx13
    stuartx13
    ✭✭✭
    It also is a turn off whe you try to take a home keep back an 50 EP show up.I hope they are having fun soon it will be just them.
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It can't be very fun to own everything on the map either. I'd guess it's slightly more fun that controlling nothing, but it doesn't work from either side of the coin is my point.

There needs to be some significant changes to PvP now. One of those changes is to get the population cap back up to at least 120/faction so the gated factions can field enough players to defend at least one castle.
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is broken much longer then NW release. I am lvl 33.5 and dont know how to just level up for the skill points and achivements/colors.

CP or noCP, i am outnumbered for like 2 years now with a few exceptions on weekends. In CP my faction is the farming faction for the others. Only lost defenses while primetime. In nonCP there is only one strong faction.

We need a HUGE buff on low pop for players, doors, walls, NPC and defense sieges and AP gain buff on getting back own resources. And for those who dont play primetime we need a super huge buff on AP gain when doing city quests. And double super huge on low pop :) Otherwise Cyrodiil is not worth to zone in most of the time.
  • JDredd
    JDredd
    ✭✭
    Nice post about 60EP but no mention of 80 ADC attacking and gating a 2 bar EP and camping the back keeps. I hope for once AD and DC start fighting each other lol and not just let each other take keeps or dunk the scrolls to benefit the friend. XD
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All weekend in PC NA Grey Host, EP was pop locked and zerged the map red. DC and AD must've been PvPing in NW, allowing the Skyrim RPers to have a field day.

Edited by The_Lex on October 4, 2021 11:19AM
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This AD was having fun in Blackwood. I will return when I can siege and not get pulled off the wall
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JDredd wrote: »
    Nice post about 60EP but no mention of 80 ADC attacking and gating a 2 bar EP and camping the back keeps. I hope for once AD and DC start fighting each other lol and not just let each other take keeps or dunk the scrolls to benefit the friend. XD

7 days a week that is exactly what EP has been doing. Gating the other 2 faction by sheer numbers. A small payback of the favor shows what players actually think about ep. I can remember some EP switching factions earlier for they do like pvp not pvdoor game. Lets see how the things will develop. Might be that some of those EP switch factions and you get gated more.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JDredd wrote: »

From a DC point of view, that's never the case, at least when I am on. It is constantly team orange, each coming up a side until all DC keeps are gone. Heck, on Friday we thought EP was emping, all they had to do was take one last keep from AD, but instead, both they and the few AD on kept hammering DC at every resource & keep we tried to take instead. Even this Sunday, our little 9 resource guild PVE group out to get their 25K AP was double teamed at every turn by a mixed group of AD & EP, working together and not attacking each other... it was pretty sad.

The only time I see us taking anything back is when the other factions have to go have dinner or something it seems, then an hour or two later... here comes EP rolling the map yet again with their 100 closest friends.

Oh and FYI, the lag they bring with them is ridiculous, you can barely function when they show up. Since there are almost no ball groups left, this pretty much pinpoints where the lag issues really come from... huge faction stacks and you start feeling it way before they arrive. It's like when they notice something is actually happening and all start stirring in Arrius, waves of lag roll across the entire server.

Edited by Kwoung on October 4, 2021 4:23PM
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same thing happening in Blackreach.
  • QuietPanda_22
    QuietPanda_22
    ✭✭✭
    Exact same thing happening on PSN in most campaigns. EP is taking over. It's not much fun right now.
    Sky above, Earth below, Fire within  PSN: Mirthfaery
    El-Rielle the Awakened, High Elf Sorceror
    Quiet Panda, Khajiit Sorceror
    Twizzy Stardusk, Bosmer Sorceror
    S'ilence, Khajiit Nightblade
    Indiguana Jones, Argonian Nightblade
    Angelienne, Breton Templar
    Holy Meow, Khajiit Templar
    Mookie Farkle, Argonian Dragonknight
    S'pawk, Khajiit Dragonknight
    Atha'zagora, Khajiit Arcanist
    Mokey Fraggle, Argonian Warden
    Bumfuzzle Briar, Khajiit Warden
    Nandailie Resinator, Dark Elf Necromancer
    Faerylicious, Orc Necromancer
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Population inequity seems to change as campaigns go on. It probably won't last. I'm EP and I remember being really outnumbered awhile back every time I logged on. Honestly this much disparity isn't all that fun and I spent a great deal of my time in Cyrodiil the other day finishing off pve quests.
    Edited by Soraka on October 4, 2021 9:21PM
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soraka wrote: »
    Population inequity seems to change as campaigns go on. It probably won't last. I'm EP and I remember being really outnumbered awhile back every time I logged on. Honestly this much disparity isn't all that fun and I spent a great deal of my time in Cyrodiil the other day finishing off pve quests.

Yeah, there is an ebb and flow over time to who is on top in Cyro, generally due to some top group or guild swapping factions, but this is different. When 2 factions can only muster 1-2 bars of players on a Friday night, historically a 20-60 min queue for DC at least, there is a serious issue.
  • WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I played on PC/NA Blackreach for a few hours on Saturday evening but all there was to do on AD side was capping a few resources and the odd outpost with the 10 other people who were on. Every keep siege ended with literally 30+ EP showing up before we reached inner.
    PC/EU altaholic | Smallscale & ballgroup healer | Former Empanada of Ravenwatch | @ degonyte in-game | Nibani Ilath-Pal (AD Nightblade) - AvA rank 50 | Jehanne Teymour (AD Sorcerer) - AvA rank 50 | Niria Ilath-Pal (AD Templar) - AvA rank 50
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time an EP Zerg shows up my ping shoots up and I get disconnected. Or DC and AD get the slow “bug” while EP is doing fine.

Congrats, I guess?
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it's not very fun. I'm not in any guilds so I don't know for sure, but I don't think it's planned and we seem to be missing one of our big pug leaders. From what I've seen everyone is saying people went to that New game. Hopefully it balances out soon I can't even finish kill 40 quest. I've always been EP, but I hope it balances back out soon.
  • Ahk1lleez
    Ahk1lleez
    ✭✭✭
    Consider it payback for continuing to target EP after most of our coordinated groups left for DC. Now that your factions are weakest you want us to feel bad about taking over the map, after both factions targeted EP specifically because they knew we've been without many coordinated groups for months on end? Sorry, but we're not sorry. If you weren't adamant about continuously double teaming us we might be willing to swap factions. After these last few months I wouldn't count on that happening. You reap what you sow.
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RevJJ wrote: »
    Every time an EP Zerg shows up my ping shoots up and I get disconnected. Or DC and AD get the slow “bug” while EP is doing fine.

Congrats, I guess?

Lag is not faction based. It's a hardware/software issue on ZOS' end.
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had that issue really badly until I set up an assigned IP on my computer. I still lag, but I don't DC nearly as much.
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats, I guess?

Oh I know it’s not supposed to be faction based. It just happens to only happen with large groups of EP. I’m in DC and I’ve never had this even when there is a full faction stack of AD. Only with EP. Just personal experience of course. And that of many others in zone chat. Maybe because they’re pop locked 23/7 and the server therefore gives them priority? idk. I’m not saying it’s being done on purpose but it is strange to me.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ahk1lleez wrote: »
    Consider it payback for continuing to target EP after most of our coordinated groups left for DC. Now that your factions are weakest you want us to feel bad about taking over the map, after both factions targeted EP specifically because they knew we've been without many coordinated groups for months on end? Sorry, but we're not sorry. If you weren't adamant about continuously double teaming us we might be willing to swap factions. After these last few months I wouldn't count on that happening. You reap what you sow.

You missed the point of the thread entirely. EP are the only ones still playing, DC & AD have most all left the server apparently. If anyone is reaping anything here, it is ZOS for making Cyrodiil continually worst and never fixing anything, so people went elsewhere. It has nothing to do with EP, other than they didn't leave ESO PVP. So no... you aren't actually "winning" anything, except maybe an uncluttered map view. Nothing to feel proud about there and nope, it isn't "payback" of any sort. There is no pride in winning a game no one else showed up to play.

Edited by Kwoung on October 5, 2021 5:01PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EP is kicking major butt on both grey host servers on the playstation console...

not sure what grand warlord zimmeron has been doing to recruit so many pact faithful, but, it's working right now...

these things though usually go in cycles for the different alliances...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations EP?
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kwoung wrote: »

You missed the point of the thread entirely. EP are the only ones still playing, DC & AD have most all left the server apparently. If anyone is reaping anything here, it is ZOS for making Cyrodiil continually worst and never fixing anything, so people went elsewhere. It has nothing to do with EP, other than they didn't leave ESO PVP. So no... you aren't actually "winning" anything, except maybe an uncluttered map view. Nothing to feel proud about there and nope, it isn't "payback" of any sort. There is no pride in winning a game no one else showed up to play.

This. PvDoor is not difficult. It's a hollow victory at best.
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting that this is happening across all platforms - PC and console.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's an event going on which can affect populations. You could also try (gasp) Blackreach.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There's an event going on which can affect populations. You could also try (gasp) Blackreach.

We used to play on PCNA Blackreach primarily about a year ago, but it got very boring with little to no fighting going on most of the time, then a bunch of organized Greyhost groups decided to show up and troll the server as well for reasons unknown. So we figured what the heck, lets go play big boy PVP on Greyhost. Has Blackreach gotten better, is it fairly balanced, are there large battles consistently, or does the map still go all one color and simply sit that way for many hours on end?
    Edited by Kwoung on October 5, 2021 9:49PM
  • Ahk1lleez
    Ahk1lleez
    ✭✭✭

You're insinuating that I missed the point of the post but fail to understand why I said what I said. Yes, people have left your factions to play another game. [snip] The fact remains that if both AD and DC hadn't operated the way they had prior to this that members of EP may have been willing to swap factions to deal with the imbalance. [snip], things could very well be balanced right now had certain actions not been taken by AD and DC. Meaning not as much zerging, and not as much lag as a result. [snip]

[edited for baiting/bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on October 6, 2021 12:32PM
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You're insinuating that I missed the point of the post but fail to understand why I said what I said. Yes, people have left your factions to play another game. [snip] The fact remains that if both AD and DC hadn't operated the way they had prior to this that members of EP may have been willing to swap factions to deal with the imbalance. [snip], things could very well be balanced right now had certain actions not been taken by AD and DC. Meaning not as much zerging, and not as much lag as a result. [snip]

Do you even play on PCNA GH? DC is the most uncoordinated faction, and almost never works together... and is constantly double teamed by EP & AD, to the point they help each other take our keeps side by side. AD feels the same about EP & DC.

If you are under the impression that all factions don't feel double teamed constantly, you are mistaken.

Meanwhile, enjoy your PVDing! ;)

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by Kwoung on October 6, 2021 6:51PM
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats, I guess?

Oh I know it’s not supposed to be faction based. It just happens to only happen with large groups of EP. I’m in DC and I’ve never had this even when there is a full faction stack of AD. Only with EP. Just personal experience of course. And that of many others in zone chat. Maybe because they’re pop locked 23/7 and the server therefore gives them priority? idk. I’m not saying it’s being done on purpose but it is strange to me.

I'm AD and I've noticed the same thing with the EP horde. I'm fine around DC zergs, but when the red zerg comes, everything stutters.

I don't know if it's a skill or set that most of them use or what. I just know they always bring the lag with them to fights even when they're not poplocked, but DC doesn't even if DC is poplocked.

PCNA Blackreach
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's ultimately a response to sets and numbers giving an absolute advantage v. smaller populations. When balance of any kind stops existing in a game, players simply won't play it.

No one has fun helping someone else live out their power fantasies with cheese methods, at least not without being paid or rewarded.

Compound that with:
    • The Golden being consistently bad
    • New patch already available on PTS that will invalidate many builds
    • Performance not getting better, giving numbers an even bigger advantage
    • Hammer spawning for alliance already winning
    • Scroll and emp bonus + continuous attack making some builds literal "god mode", and there are groups of people using these same builds
    • Purge being an absolute advantage with a purge spammer, still not really addressed unless you wear a niche set
    • Flags swapping because a bunch of tanks stand on them that are impossible to kill alone
    • Skills like living dark that scale off of hp being too strong --
    • Siege being a joke

And more, and there really is no point in bothering to play if you are outnumbered. I said it before, but I can fill over 20 forum pages with complaints about PvP and some of the interactions between these sets, skills, etc.

There is no real disadvantage to numbers in the current Cyrodiil and thus no real reason to bother playing when outnumbered.

And to worsen it, ZOS keeps taking aim at character stats like crit, to worsen stat builds and buff players that ball up with procs. ZOS keeps nerfing anything that could be used tactically like volcanic rune, trap beast, eternal hunt, etc. - yet in the same patches buff things that were already strong and add things that are pure nuisances like vampire invisibility.

It makes zero sense, but that is a part of the overall balance problem too, because when a smaller group of players have all their tools broken by a dev team and when skill in the game can no longer overcome numbers because of a massive amount of nerfs or overbuff of terrible mechanics no one asked for, then that too only adds to the list above and pushes players to the breaking point.
This discussion has been closed.