Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Unlock New Rewards Together During The Bounties of Blackwood Event"

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JamesDax3 wrote: »
    Are the Devs going to address the fact that ESO+ members are getting absolutely zero reward at the end of all this?

This will blow over, and in 2 weeks most people won't care. (Most people probably don't care, now. :smile: ) By this time next month, we will be back to complaining about lag, performance, combat imbalance, or whatever else may come up, and this will be all but forgotten.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Fhritz
    Fhritz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are the Devs going to address the fact that ESO+ members are getting absolutely zero reward at the end of all this?

????

[snip] We still get :
    - A pet
    - Body Markings
    - Bounty Boxes with the Ogrim and Harmonizable crafting station (and more)

[Edited for Rude Comments]
    Edited by Psiion on October 3, 2021 9:29PM
    I'm a single character man.
    Stamblade. Khajiit. Mostly pvp.
    And...that's it.
  • JamesDax3
    JamesDax3
    ✭✭
    Fhritz wrote: »

????

[snip] We still get :
    - A pet
    - Body Markings

[snip]
    Sure we get all that, but non ESO+ members get that and free DLC.

The reason Devs do what they do is because players like you let them. Reminds me of the fools that spend $60 a year to EA for the same Madden and FIFA game every year.

Edited by Psiion on October 3, 2021 9:30PM
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Pellucid Swamp Jelly pet, unlocked at 33%
    The Shadows of Blackwood markings, unlocked at 66%
    The Deadlands DLC and a cascading bounty box, unlocked at 100%
    With a chance to include items such as Undaunted Plunder, rare materials, or item sets, and guaranteed to include attunable crafting stations and a unique Ogrim target dummy

Extremely underwhelming for subscribers. The only thing I'm "excited" about are the crafting stations. Would def have preferred a new, reasonably sized for decorating, house.

And what's with the wingless griffin from the Impresario? While I'm fine with there not being flying pets (but if not I def feel none of those Altmer NPCs in Summerset should have them! LOL) it would have been neat to have one that at least glided along the surface terrain. Instead I just feel sad for this poor deformed wingless griffin all the other griffins are no doubt laughing at. But that's less tickets I need to grind for and I'm not going to buy them at the last minute to get the sad misshapen creature either. It's sad because otherwise he looks pretty awesome.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No idea what are you talking about. As a subscriber I am getting the permament unlock of the DLC that I would otherwise have to pay for.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • msetten
    msetten
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know what is in those "unique Blackwood Bounty Boxes" that are mentioned at the 100% tier?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    msetten wrote: »
    Does anyone know what is in those "unique Blackwood Bounty Boxes" that are mentioned at the 100% tier?

What it says on the web page:

"a chance to include items such as Undaunted Plunder, rare materials, or item sets, and guaranteed to include attunable crafting stations and a unique Ogrim target dummy"
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

"a chance to include items such as Undaunted Plunder, rare materials, or item sets, and guaranteed to include attunable crafting stations and a unique Ogrim target dummy"

Still very underwhelming. Would it have killed them to include mounts? I don't even like the mounts that are typically in the gamble boxes but at least those would have made a lot of people happy. Now to make ME happy they could throw in, say, a house of your choice. LOL

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »

Still very underwhelming. Would it have killed them to include mounts? I don't even like the mounts that are typically in the gamble boxes but at least those would have made a lot of people happy. Now to make ME happy they could throw in, say, a house of your choice. LOL

Mounts are always coming out. They are hardly anything special, at this point. Target dummies are more uncommon than mounts, and the crafting station is even more unusual.

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »

Mounts are always coming out. They are hardly anything special, at this point. Target dummies are more uncommon than mounts, and the crafting station is even more unusual.

The crafting stations are the only things I'm excited about. I already have some cool target dummies. They aren't scarce either.

• Ezorus
    Ezorus
    ✭✭✭
    Olauron wrote: »

No idea what are you talking about. As a subscriber I am getting the permament unlock of the DLC that I would otherwise have to pay for.

Yeah but once tou have played that zone and a new one is out you wont care enough to go back anyway
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezorus wrote: »

Yeah but once tou have played that zone and a new one is out you wont care enough to go back anyway

That actually depends on a zone. I have done Vvardenfell, Clockwork, Hew's Bane, Summerset by other characters that have appropriate backstory. Otherwise Summerset is so much better than other zones that I prefer not to leave it, except for new releases.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great idea about adding a bonus challenge now that we've hit 100% of the original target - I like it. (Deadlands DLC zone is now "free" for all current owners of Blackwood, since we hit 100% as of October 8). However, I'm a bit confused as to what we're actually working towards. Can someone please clarify if they have more information?

The new challenge is to kill world bosses in the Blackwood zone. For each 25% that the meter hits, the "Explorer's Celebration" mini-event will run (across all zones in Tamriel) for two days. So, presumably it will last between 0 and 8 days, depending on how many Blackwood bosses we kill, and how the new meter is calibrated.

What exactly is the "Explorer's Celebration" though"? is it the same as last year's event of the same name in November, i.e. no event tickets, but double XP, double gold, and double resource node drops?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great idea about adding a bonus challenge now that we've hit 100% of the original target - I like it. (Deadlands DLC zone is now "free" for all current owners of Blackwood, since we hit 100% as of October 8). However, I'm a bit confused as to what we're actually working towards. Can someone please clarify if they have more information?

The new challenge is to kill world bosses in the Blackwood zone. For each 25% that the meter hits, the "Explorer's Celebration" mini-event will run (across all zones in Tamriel) for two days. So, presumably it will last between 0 and 8 days, depending on how many Blackwood bosses we kill, and how the new meter is calibrated.

What exactly is the "Explorer's Celebration" though"? is it the same as last year's event of the same name in November, i.e. no event tickets, but double XP, double gold, and double resource node drops?

My read... What they are offering is to extend the event (drops, reward coffers... probably not Event Tickets) for up to 8 more days.
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭

correct
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭

My read... What they are offering is to extend the event (drops, reward coffers... probably not Event Tickets) for up to 8 more days.

Nope, it's an entirely different event: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/60025
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope, it's an entirely different event: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/60025

Cool. Thanks for the link. I looked in the News and somehow missed that.
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah that link's from May. They did not explain this time what or when it is.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah that link's from May. They did not explain this time what or when it is.

Well, that explains it. I left my TARDIS in my other coat. :smile:
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, that is my understanding also. There are no Impresario event tickets during the Explorer event

Hopefully this Explorer event is after update 32 goes live.

Edited by majulook on October 8, 2021 8:20PM
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • EchoesofThunder
    EchoesofThunder
    ✭✭✭
    So, the Bounties of Blackwood page says "Hunt down and defeat Blackwood's world bosses from now until October 12 and for every 25% of meter progress, we'll run the Explorer's Celebration for two days. This bonus mini-event will go live for every zone in Tamriel, so get out there and slay some monsters!"
    What does that last sentence mean (This bonus min-event will go live for every zone in Tamriel...)? Will we get Legate boxes & increased drops in every zone??
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some clarification on dates and the exact nature of this extra event would be much appreciated.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some clarification on dates and the exact nature of this extra event would be much appreciated.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Between now and when it ends, and it is all natural, with no fillers or additives. :smile:
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Note: Everyone does not get the rewards.

"Blackwood players can claim their rewards from the in-game Crown Store now until October 22 at 10AM EDT."

If you don't claim the reward in time, you get nada.
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, the Bounties of Blackwood page says "Hunt down and defeat Blackwood's world bosses from now until October 12 and for every 25% of meter progress, we'll run the Explorer's Celebration for two days. This bonus mini-event will go live for every zone in Tamriel, so get out there and slay some monsters!"
    What does that last sentence mean (This bonus min-event will go live for every zone in Tamriel...)? Will we get Legate boxes & increased drops in every zone??

The legate boxes are specific to the Blackwood event. The Explorer’s Celebration will entail double XP, double gold and double resources in EVERY zone. Hope that helps! :)
  • Xorious
    Xorious
    Soul Shriven

Note: Everyone does not get the rewards.

"Blackwood players can claim their rewards from the in-game Crown Store now until October 22 at 10AM EDT."

If you don't claim the reward in time, you get nada.

Not to mention there seems to be a bit of confusion as to what ESO+ gives. The membership every month or year... whatever, gives access to everything the game has to offer, but just that, access.. not ownership. If ESO+ is dropped and they haven't purchased a chapter or DLC they like, they will not have access to anything other than the version of ESO they purchased.*You can save up your crowns and buy the ones you want and own them.*

I'm FTP but I own all the story zones and DLC zones except for Southern Elsweyr and Markarth (I finished them over the last 2 years during ESO+ free trial periods). Money is always tight, but I don't mind spending $30-60 a year for permanent access to the zones.
    DIE, by my hand, I creep across the land, killing just for me!
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So WHEN will the Explorers thingy start?

Straight after this one? Or tba?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin
  • seecodenotgames
    seecodenotgames
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would expect it to happen after the new DLC drops so we have chance to resepc for free, that's when they usually so them.
    Houses on PC EU (newest first)
    • 62. Sand Castles (Fogbreak Lighthouse) - A literal life size sand castle
    • 61. Riften Meadery (Old Mistveil Manor) - A new meadery has opened outside Riften
    • 60. Helene's Writing Room (Golden Gryphon Garret) - A small room for Helene to get some quiet writing time
    • 59. Picnic at Pelin (Black Vine Villa) - Based on the lore book Picnic at Pelin (A Horror Story)
    • 58. Almalexias Temple (Forsaken Stronghold) - A Dunmer Tower with a shrine to the three
    • 57. Pirate New Life For Me (Highhallow Hold) - A pirate tavern where they gift you loot
    • 56. Woodvine Cathedral (Agony's Ascent) - A living cathedral thriving in the Deadlands
    • 55. Dark Elf Town House (Quondam Indorilia) - A small and cosy town house on the edge of Mournhold
    • 54. The Secret Tower (Exorcised Coven Cottage) - A hidden mage tower in the swamps on the Hag Fen
    • 53. Knight Club (Frostvault Chasm) - A disco in a dwarven mineshaft
    • 52. Dwemer Cave City (The Erstwhile Sanctuary) - A lost dwarven city has been found deep underground
    • 51. Alinor Gryphon Aerie (Colossal Aldmeri Grotto) - A place where gryphons are trained
    • 50. The Charred Towers (Doomchar Plateau) - Deadlands themed fortress with two towers and custom furniture
    • 49. Argonian Sea Town (Tel Galen) - An Argonian sea port
    • 48. Daedric Princess Tower (Seaveil Spire) - An underwater tower dedicated to the Daedric Prince Meridia
    • 47. Fargrave Observatory (Ossa Accentium) - An observatory in the portal realm of Fargrave
    • 46. Hundings Beach House (Hundings Palatial Hall) - Beach house and hottub
    • 45. Crystal Gardens (Snugpod) - Enchanted Gardens with crystalline trees
    • 44. Dawnlight Health Spa (Princely Dawnlight Palace) - Our spa waters are revitalising and ready to heal your aching body
    • 43. Mountainside Retreat (Pariah's Pinnacle) - An orc mountainside hall with an amazing view
    • 42. Volcanic Vile Villa (Kushalit Sanctuary) - A private hollowed out volcano for all your mad alchemist needs
    • 41. Arenthian Water Temple (Strident Springs Demesne) - A relaxing water temple outside Arenthia
    • 40. Woodland Cottage (Ald Velothi Harbor House) - A house in a tree, but not a treehouse
    • 39. Winter Snow Meadhall (Enchanted Snow Globe Home) - A winter meadhall has opened to get everyone in the festive mood
    • 38. Fire and Ice Hotel (Elinhir Private Arena) - An new hotel has opened with an ice bar and a lava room
    • 37. City of Princes (Pantherfang Chapel) - Citadese is under attack from a dragon invasion. Prince Tarvia is leading the escape through the sewers.
    • 36. Dark Brotherhood Home (Stay-Moist Mansion) - A Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary found beneath an Argonian village
    • 35. Volkihar Courtyard (Velothi Reverie) - A castle courtyard modelled on the famous Volkihar Castle in Skyrim
    • 34. Rada's Summer Getaway (Potentate's Retreat) - A Redguard mansion with a dark vampiric secret in the basement
    • 33. Cascadia Wine N Dine (Sweetwater Cascades) - Vineyard and meadery with two restaurants and a chapel
    • 32. Walled Kitchen Garden (Amaya Lake Lodge) - Fresh produce and cut flowers for sale. Hot food served in a family restaurant.
    • 31. Luckycat Summerhouse (Lucky Cat Landing) - A khajiiti villa with spa and dining
    • 30. Helene's Boutique (Water's Edge) - The famous dressmaker has opened a new dress shop in town
    • 29. Alinor Garden Party (Mathiisen Manor) - A party in the flower gardens of a Altmer noble's manor
    • 28. Markarth Bath House (Stone Eagle Aerie) - A relaxing spa and bath house with an arts and craft centre
    • 27. Treeboat house (The Gorinir Estate) - No one know how an imperial ship ended up in the treetops
    • 26. Varlaisvea College (Varlaisvea Ayleid Ruins) - An ancient library has been discovered deep inside an Ayleid ruin
    • 25. City on the Moon (The Orbservatory Prior) - Moonbase with housing and an inn under the stars
    • 24. Lakemire Water Gardens (Lakemire Xanmeer Manor) - Relaxing hanging gardens and a fish restaurant beneath the Xanmeer
    • 23. Hircine's Hunt Club (Hunters Glade) - A relaxing villa for werewolves to feast in the ever refilling hunting grounds
    • 22. Lost Dwarven Kingdom (Shalidor’s Shrouded Realm) - A lost Dwemer king's palace has been found in a mage's pocket realm
    • 21. Replaced with 54. The Secret Tower
    • 20. Topal Fishing Resort (Grand Topal Hideaway) - A resort in the middle of a fishing lake on a private island
    • 19. Castleton Manor (Alinor Crest Townhouse) - The home of Lord Castleton and his daughter Sonja
    • 18. Cave of BBQ N Ribs (Earthtear Cavern) - A secret rocky dome, hosts a BBQ and ribs restaurant
    • 17. Who Lived in a Shoe (The Ample Domicile) - There was an old reach witch who lived in a shoe
    • 16. Dwemer Party Tower (Hall of the Lunar Champion - Lion's Cradle) - A dwarven flying tower repurposed for parties
    • 15. A Taste of Alinor (Sleek Creek House) - A small piece of Alinor beside a creek
    • 14. Lava Submarine Base (Bastion Sanguinaris) - An evil vampire alchemy lab, accessible only via a lava submarine
    • 13. Spirit-tree Library (Wraithhome) - A library built atop an ancient forest within an ancient Daedric ruin
    • 12. Golden Beach Palace (Thieves' Oasis) - A dwarven inspired Redguard beach resort
    • 11. Mad Scientists House (Cyrodilic Jungle House) - Workshop and garage with an experimental De-lore-ean
    • 10. Big Toy House (Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery) - Two life sized doll's houses and a inn beneath the stairs
    • 9. Icy Falls Inn (Forgemaster Falls) - Two Nord lodges on a lake, serving mead and fresh fish
    • 8. Blue-ice Palace (Stillwaters Retreat) - Solitude, but on a frozen lake
    • 7. Mushroom Manor (Coldharbour Surreal Estate) - Dunmer house built from giant mushrooms
    • 6. Vampire Academy with wine bar (Daggerfall Overlook) - Come for the nibbles; stay for eternity
    • 5. Three Pillows War (Grymharth's Woe) - Re-enact the three banners war with pillow forts and floof balls
    • 4. Treefern House (Moon-sugar meadow) - Giant treefern treehouse
    • 3. Artaeum Theatre/Opera housel (Grand Psijic Manor) - Tiered Balcony
    • 2. Imperial Bridal Suite (Linchal Grand Manor) - Wedding venue with bridal suite extension
    • 1. Dragonguard Penthouse (Jode's Embrace) - 3 Extra floors, with indoor conservatory and top floor gym
  • ericflamm
    ericflamm
    Soul Shriven
    The Bounties of Blackwood page now reads: Hunt down and defeat Blackwood's world bosses and for every 25% of meter progress, we'll run the Explorer's Celebration for two days, starting when the Bounties of Blackwood event ends on October 12 at 10AM EDT."

So the Explorer's Celebration starts tomorrow at 10 Eastern, and will run for 8 days based on the 100% completion meter.
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fhritz wrote: »

????

[snip] We still get :
    - A pet
    - Body Markings

[snip]
    Sure we get all that, but non ESO+ members get that and free DLC.

The reason Devs do what they do is because players like you let them. Reminds me of the fools that spend $60 a year to EA for the same Madden and FIFA game every year.

The "fee DLC"-part really makes me raise my eyebrow. That is a no-gainer for us ESO+-folks, because we have always been given free passage to DLC-areas. So we get for free what we would get for fee anyways!? Yay?