The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

So thats interesting

• Ashigaru
    Ashigaru
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have seen spots like this and had a guild mate beside me and they don't appear for him. Kind of odd and the reverse has happened before also, he would see them and i would not. Makes me think vid cards or drivers can effect it also.
    Options
  • Mailmann
    Mailmann
    ✭✭✭
    It's an unattended package! Quick, call the bomb squad! :o
    Options
  • Xithian
    Xithian
    ✭✭✭
    Options
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shimond wrote: »
    It's a trick, get an axe.

@Shimond since no one seems to get the reference...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5rtV8nDScc
    Options
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hawke wrote: »
    Shimond wrote: »
    It's a trick, get an axe.

@Shimond since no one seems to get the reference...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5rtV8nDScc

Hail to the king, Baby!

Anyway everyone knows this is what is in the box!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ABrSYqiqvzc
    Options
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah the gf and i got a chuckle out of it when we saw it. Then we realized our immersion was broken and we could never play again. So we cancelled our subscriptions, deleted all our elder scrolls game, filed a formal complaint with the president, and quit out jobs. Wait, what i meant to say is we giggled, and then went on to our next quest.

All of this.
    Options
  • Sinhalis
    Sinhalis
    ✭✭✭
    I've found one too :)

http://imgur.com/Y5oNxxK

Looks like a placeholder for a missing art asset
    Edited by Sinhalis on April 28, 2014 5:00PM
    Options
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just found this.. Bruce Campbell is awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o-TmYd1zCA
    Options
  • ClaudiaMay
    ClaudiaMay
    ✭✭✭
    Saw one of these for the first time . . yesterday I think? In Daggerfall. Just took a screenshot and reported it, hoping that will be helpful. I really wonder what it was though, maybe a blade of grass? It was right on the edge of the stream running through Daggerfall :stuck_out_tongue:
    Currently Playing:
    Sorcerer Claudia Warren May, lvl 40. Woodworking 25/Clothing 25/Provisioning 50.
    Dragon Knight, lvl 8. Blacksmithing/Enchanting.
    Nightblade, lvl 3. Alchemy.
    Templar, lvl 7.
    Options
  • frozenchicken
    So, the end conclusion of our discussion is....these boxes are where you hide the bodies of the Khajiit you've just knocked out?
    Options
  • Crumpy
    Crumpy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seen two of these ingame now.
    I lyke not this quill.
    Options
  • Windshadow_ESO
    Windshadow_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    When I have seen these it has been in the 24 hours before server maintaince and since they were ok when the servers came back I just figured that the server reboot fixed it.
    Options
  • aegis156
    aegis156
    ✭✭
    What's in the box... what's in the box????

if you watched last week you would know the answer to that question
    Options
  • Rajani Isa
    demendred wrote: »
    Thats it, Im subbing for 6 more months, damn you game!

Whats in the ******* box?!?!

Put your hand in the box...
    Options
  • Gunsang
    Gunsang
    ✭✭✭
    I know a buddy of mine has a screenshot of me roasting red boxes over a fire--as well as I've seen ballista fire red boxes of doom in Cyrodil. Nothing is more frightening and hilarious then a giant flaming red explosive box heading straight for your army.
    Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. And the more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have. - Thomas Hildern
    Options
  • Torasi
    Torasi
    ✭✭
    "Only the proud and mighty dare to follow the ways of Talos"
    Options
  • SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    I reported that within days of launch.

Have a fishystick.

But seriously, did you not read the developer post? It's an error that occurs randomly when graphics fail to load properly. It's not an all-encompassing bug that has an easy fix.
    Why is this the only items that fails to load each time if it is random? Why this only art item?

It's obviously not just me...I didn't start this thread and I see the exact same thing.
    Options
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why is this the only items that fails to load each time if it is random? Why this only art item?

It's obviously not just me...I didn't start this thread and I see the exact same thing.

I think it depends. Some folks are talking about items (lots of them) randomly missing textures sometimes when they start up their game. Then there's also that box, which seems to be missing a texture for everyone.

The person Nerevarine quoted was a bad example as it's an instance of it that doesn't appear to be random.. but the random stuff happens too.
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Send me your worms, crawlers, guts, and insect parts.
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
    Options
  • Crumpy
    Crumpy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rajani Isa wrote: »
    demendred wrote: »
    Thats it, Im subbing for 6 more months, damn you game!

Whats in the ******* box?!?!

Put your hand in the box...

Good old Gaius Helen Mohiam ! God bless 'er, her box and her gom jabbar
    I lyke not this quill.
    Options
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hawke wrote: »
    Hi, folks. Occasionally the graphics won't load properly, and will result in these "missing" boxes. Don't worry, our best detectives are hunting them down.

Feel free to report their locations in-game with a /bug report. If you're seeing an uncomfortable amount of "missing" elements, we recommend that you try checking the "Grass Off" option in your video settings, or lower your graphics settings. Thanks!

@ZOS_TristanK‌
    I have a gaming computer... on the high side. It is not a problem with my machine. It is definately a coding issue on your end or a patching issue. Just FYI.
    You sir need to read up on how graphics work. They never said it was a problem with your computer what they said was this "Occasionally the graphics won't load properly, and will result in these "missing" boxes." So yea, and i too have a high end gaming computer and still encounter these issues on mmos and other games. some times npcs don't load and you need to reboot, it is almost the same concept expect one is a script that failed to load and another is a texture. 99% of the time it is the fact that the way your computer installed the game that causes these errors. And then there is the 1% chance that its the actual game itself.

Edited by jircris11 on April 28, 2014 10:49PM
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
    Options
  • Darrett
    Darrett
    ✭✭✭✭
    I saw that same box in the same place. Downstairs in the Chironasium in Wayrest.

Good stuff.
    Options