Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What are companions for?

• Grandchamp1989
    Grandchamp1989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I really REALLY wish we could customize them more (hair, skin, markings, helmets etc we unlock) and put the customized version of them in our house, that way they could function as mannequins! Would be pretty sweet.

Much better IMO than the clones we got running around ATM.

Would also be really nice if we could tell them to stand and interact with objects.

Like stand on pressure plates or turn levers. That way we could use them to finish group dungeons that need multiple people..

Those two changes would make them epic! Imo..
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are pets I can dress up, have you tried putting clothes on a clannfear, he tears them off and makes bedding out of it! Twilight is very temperamental and fussy about what I put on her, and the Bear likes to stay free as the day he was summoned.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently geared up Bastian with mostly epic vigorous pieces. He is now tanking the few Overland activities that I couldn't possibly handle on my own. As a result, I just randomly began calling him husband. I'm pretty sure that means we're together now. I don't know how I feel about this. :|
  • Xenite
    Xenite
    ✭✭✭
    Companions are terrific.

Me and the wife run 4 person content with them daily. Solo play I can solo most world bosses with Bastian tanking and using only the alliance heal. They could be improved in some areas but overall they are very useful.

Wish they would let us customize looks more however. It's weird in town with 50 Bastian clones running around.
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cireous wrote: »
    I recently geared up Bastian with mostly epic vigorous pieces. He is now tanking the few Overland activities that I couldn't possibly handle on my own. As a result, I just randomly began calling him husband. I'm pretty sure that means we're together now. I don't know how I feel about this. :|

It's a bit tricky to get right but you can get Mirri at least to look right lying in a bed in your house once you've done the quests to make her a housepet 8)
    Too many toons not enough time
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would also be really nice if we could tell them to stand and interact with objects.

Like stand on pressure plates or turn levers. That way we could use them to finish group dungeons that need multiple people..

Yes, it would be nice if their AI were sophisticated to handle specific dungeon situations like that, preferably without having to be told. "Oh, you're going to stand on that pressure plate? Well, then, I'll stand on this one, okay?"
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

Yes, it would be nice if their AI were sophisticated to handle specific dungeon situations like that, preferably without having to be told. "Oh, you're going to stand on that pressure plate? Well, then, I'll stand on this one, okay?"

I think it would be sufficient if there was a “wait there” command that they would follow if their rapport was high enough until you were a certain distance away, called or if they were attacked. Positioning might be a bit tricky but it would be an option that wouldn’t require additional AI and could be useful for other situations if you were trying to interact with something else and found yourself selecting your companion instead.