Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Unlock New Rewards Together During The Bounties of Blackwood Event"

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dalsinthus wrote: »
    Voroplasm pet - is this the same as with the Murkmire event of a year or more ago?

Hope so - I only managed two of the bits then, hoping to finish it now.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, from pts patch notes we can tell that the same voriplasm pet.
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is the Wooden Grave-Stake memento coming back as well? I got the Voriplasm during the Murkmire event but didn't get a single grave-stake fragment.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    The rng box as a final reward is demotivational. I look forward to writing "gratz" to the one person out of all my guilds that got something cool. The rest of us will make a massive 40g selling the 10 rubedite ingots (or equivalent) that dropped for us.

I guess I'll re-evaluate after we see what the mystery reward is. At the moment, though, it seems like a pass. Sadly, I see nothing here that would prompt me to buy Blackwood for any of my alt accounts.

The Elsweyr event had an rng box at the end. I seem to recall everybody getting the exact same cool stuff from it. I feel like the "RNG" part was among the low value items in the first few nested boxes. Once you got to the good boxes, it was all good for everybody.

Thanks for the reminder; that is encouraging!

Just to add to this, there were guaranteed items that everyone got, which were three attunable stations (clothing, BS, WW) and the target dummy and dragon treasure furnishing, in addition to epic quality set pieces (Crafty Alfiq, Darloc Brae, ??) and the rest were random items - but they were good rewards, including outfit change tokens (I got around 6 of those). So, while no guarantee to get a specific random item, the main rewards were guaranteed for everyone.

As for the voriplasm pet, as others have said, it should be the one from the Murkmire event, which the PTS patch notes made clear during the event testing. I agree that the wording of it in the announcement article is misleading, since it says "new voriplasm pet."

But then, the article also says, as others have also pointed out, that this event will be the only opportunity for the final mount fragment, while the PTS patch notes that came out the same day said that all morpholith fragments will be available during the New Life event, which is currently available for testing. I suspect that whoever writes these articles is not the same as those who write the PTS patch notes.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on September 28, 2021 7:00PM
  • JakeBB1948
    JakeBB1948
    ✭✭
    Legoless wrote: »
    Is the Wooden Grave-Stake memento coming back as well? I got the Voriplasm during the Murkmire event but didn't get a single grave-stake fragment.

This^
    The article said nothing about the gravestake collectable coming back, yet it did feature a prominent picture of an Argonian with a gravestake. In fact, I'm almost certain that was the VERY graphic they used to depict that momento back in the Murkmire event. So, is this gravestake in fact coming back too and its absence from the article a mere oversight? Or no?
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

Just to add to this, there were guaranteed items that everyone got, which were three attunable stations (clothing, BS, WW) and the target dummy and dragon treasure furnishing.

???

I participated and did not get those things.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • JakeBB1948
    JakeBB1948
    ✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

Just to add to this, there were guaranteed items that everyone got, which were three attunable stations (clothing, BS, WW) and the target dummy and dragon treasure furnishing.

???

I participated and did not get those things.

These things were found in that "Nafilgaar's Chest" box. But you had to reopen it like 10 times to get all the goodies - each box had another box inside it for 10 levels. If you got the "Dragon's Treasure Trove" furnishing at the end, then you should have gotten these along the way.
  • GuildedLilly
    GuildedLilly
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS, please let us know if there will be a sale on Blackwood for the event.

Also-- can someone please confirm that the global tally meter goals will be adjusted to reflect the fact that most Xbox players won't even be able to participate until Oct 6th at the earliest, when a possible fix to the current game breaking crashes is released? They'll be missing out on a full week of the event.
    Grandmaster crafter, alt-o-holic, PC NA/EU, and XB1 NA/EU
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Legoless wrote: »

I also was really hoping this would come back. It's one of the few event collectables that I haven't managed to finish.
  • SilentFox22
    SilentFox22
    ✭✭✭
    That was my curiosity...if Blackwood goes on sale for event. That would be great! =D
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm. We start the event at 22% complete.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Event started but boss inside pub dungeon won't spawn
    50 ppl here waiting for 30 min now
    Great start :s
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• GuildedLilly
    GuildedLilly
    ✭✭✭
    Blackwood is currently on sale at 50% off through the ESO website and the Microsoft Store on XB1. Sales on other platforms (steam, PS), will probably go live shortly if they're not already.
    Grandmaster crafter, alt-o-holic, PC NA/EU, and XB1 NA/EU
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi all! We know you have been wondering about a sale. We have all the info for you here!
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the sale on Blackwood and thank you for making furnishings available from the Impressario! :smiley: I like having options and the Leyawiin furnishings are lovely! :love:
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just came here to say loving the event and prologue so far. I am so happy that furniture is at the Impressario and I'd like to collect more morpholith parts also. The argonian who sends you exploring is fabulous and characters and voices amazing. The quasigriff is a lot better in motion than expected, I liked it static but in motion it feels really fast and has nice movement.
  • Lady_Lindel
    Lady_Lindel
    ✭✭✭
    SOLVED Where's the meter for the community? I looked on the website but can't find it. Found it.
    Edited by Lady_Lindel on October 1, 2021 4:18AM
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SOLVED Where's the meter for the community? I looked on the website but can't find it. Found it.

Where..? (for those of us easily confused)??
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »

Where..? (for those of us easily confused)??
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/bountiesofblackwood

Had to use google to find it.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanted to express that I’m enjoying the event and Blackwood and if you want to give access to the Deadlands DLC to everyone who participates, that’s cool too, but as a loyal ESO+ subscriber, it feels rather bad than motivating to have the DLC be the hyped community reward, not that I don’t want everyone to get it, but it’s the message rather.
  • ceiron
    ceiron
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wanted to express that I’m enjoying the event and Blackwood and if you want to give access to the Deadlands DLC to everyone who participates, that’s cool too, but as a loyal ESO+ subscriber, it feels rather bad than motivating to have the DLC be the hyped community reward, not that I don’t want everyone to get it, but it’s the message rather.

Just been told this.

Utter shafting of us.

You need to buy blackwood to enjoy the deadlands properly imo.

Also if you don't own blackwood you get a free dlc off everybody who does.

Most of us have eso plus so it was free anyway.

So it's a pseudo freebie to get people to buy blackwood in essence.

You can skip 1 month eso plus and put the cash towards blackwood on sale.

Then re subscribe when you need or want plus again.

Only winners are eso.

Shameful
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ceiron wrote: »

If you do not own Blackwood, then you dont get "free" DLC, even if community unlocks it. It is written in the articles::

Blackwood players can claim all unlocked rewards from the in-game Crown Store

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/60931
    Once the meter reaches 100% or the event ends, we’ll add the unlocked rewards to the Crown Store (in a single bundle) for ALL Blackwood owners to claim.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on October 1, 2021 9:30PM
  • ceiron
    ceiron
    ✭✭✭✭
    ceiron wrote: »

If you do not own Blackwood, then you dont get "free" DLC, even if community unlocks it. It is written in the articles::

Blackwood players can claim all unlocked rewards from the in-game Crown Store

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/60931
    Once the meter reaches 100% or the event ends, we’ll add the unlocked rewards to the Crown Store (in a single bundle) for ALL Blackwood owners to claim.

But you can unlock the dlc with eso plus without owning blackwood still?
  • Lady_Lindel
    Lady_Lindel
    ✭✭✭
    Subscribed for about 6 yrs. Currently pay for 3 subscriptions, buy houses, furnishing etc. I mean, seriously why support a company who doesn't value your support, coz it is too busy chasing new players. Maybe players who don't get why people are disappointed, should ask themselves what will happen when subscribers decide to stop playing/subbing. Where do they think all the money for this content is coming from. And that free prize they are so excited about, will be another empty zone after a short while. I do wonder if they have lost so many PVP players, they're down on the numbers so badly, they are using this to get more new players.
    While they are chasing new players, maybe we should remember just how much they ignore their player base, whether it be pvp, housing limits, cost of crown store items, just to name a few.
    And for people who state they don't sub but look what we got, well maybe I'll join you.
  • Coerfroid
    Coerfroid
    ✭✭✭✭
    What a smack in the face of all paying supporters.
    Sure, they gifted Murkmire to freebee players back then, buat that was a daily login reward. So back then I was "Oh, instead of a free soul gem or a drink I won't use I get... nothing today..." and shrugged it off.
    This was supposed to be a once-a-year community reward. Supposedly on par with the likes of the Psijic Villa.

Underwhelming.

Do not get me wrong: I am fine with them gifting away a 2000 crown DLC to players that dont have ESO+. A fine marketing move and incentive to buy the chapter. Fine.
    But I just wish they had more for us subbers than just "Nothing for you today, now go back to work. the money for the sub won't earn itself..."

This would feel way better if they had announced "...And for the players already subbed, we wil credit the 2000 crowns directly to their account..."
    Or at least something remotely like that.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also feel that getting a free DLC is really lackluster (and kind of a slap in the face) for subscribers. I feel the reward should have been more like "Get Deadlands DLC free and if you are an ESO+ subscriber you will unlock/get [amazing thing]" This would reward subs, but also make people likely to sub just to get the [amazing thing] and maybe like the ESO+ benefits so much that they stay subbed (craft bag!).

As for [amazing thing] suggestions:
    - new inventory pet (love that Elsweyr Donkey with the barrels...)
    - armory slots/outfit slots
    - crown crates
    - seals/gems/crowns
    - Companion (via an exclusive quest starter perhaps?)
    - CE edition of DLC (pet and mount)

*edit* If you make the [amazing thing] exclusive to the event you are more likely to get that surge of subs just to get the thing and hopefully convince even more people that they can't play without those sweet ESO+ benefits!

I am into housing so Houseguest/House/Furnishings are things I love but I think the [amazing thing] would be better to be useful to as many players as possible. More inventory space is always appreciated since no matter how much you give us most of us manage to still get the 'your bags are full' messages!

Maybe if this "surprise" hadn't been as hyped as it was for reveal during the stream it would not have been as disappointing to me. It felt more like surprise here is a thing you already have...I am definitely not against giving away DLC as a reward but you should definitely consider that subscribers (especially the longer term ones) already feel like they own all the DLCs past and future. Just something to keep in mind for future giveaways/events.
    Edited by Mix on October 2, 2021 3:21PM
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warning: This signature is tiny!
  • Lady_Lindel
    Lady_Lindel
    ✭✭✭

Not the Wheel of Fish LOL!!! You Vidiot LOL!!!
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not the Wheel of Fish LOL!!! You Vidiot LOL!!!

UHF can explain all of life! :)

Very glad to meet another Weird AL fan!
    Warning: This signature is tiny!
  • JamesDax3
    JamesDax3
    ✭✭
    Are the Devs going to address the fact that ESO+ members are getting absolutely zero reward at the end of all this?