Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Unlock New Rewards Together During The Bounties of Blackwood Event"

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
t9mfeoqax7ek.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the news article, "Unlock New Rewards Together During The Bounties of Blackwood Event".

Work together with your fellow players to unlock new rewards during the Bounties of Blackwood in-game event.
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • JoeCapricorn
    JoeCapricorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting ahead of this one...

DO NOT DO MAINTENANCE ON OCTOBER 12th

Although if a two week cadence seems to be followed, it is hopeful that the 12th is on a no-maintenance week.

And I noticed a typo, and I will node it here as "harvest note yields"
    Edited by JoeCapricorn on September 27, 2021 3:23PM
    I simp for vampire lords and Glemyos Wildhorn
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I really like the events where the whole community has to work together. Not sure how I feel about the 100% reward being partly random though, as random usually does not work out well for me.

So far I've only completed the whole of Blackwood once, and during the event I plan to do so on atleast two more characters.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »
    I really like the events where the whole community has to work together. Not sure how I feel about the 100% reward being partly random though, as random usually does not work out well for me.

So far I've only completed the whole of Blackwood once, and during the event I plan to do so on atleast two more characters.

If your strife to complete it on multiple characters only dictated by this challenge solely I'd add that it counts just once per server, not character.
  • seecodenotgames
    seecodenotgames
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It counts per character this year, it says in the article.
    Houses on PC EU (newest first)
    • 62. Sand Castles (Fogbreak Lighthouse) - A literal life size sand castle
    • 61. Riften Meadery (Old Mistveil Manor) - A new meadery has opened outside Riften
    • 60. Helene's Writing Room (Golden Gryphon Garret) - A small room for Helene to get some quiet writing time
    • 59. Picnic at Pelin (Black Vine Villa) - Based on the lore book Picnic at Pelin (A Horror Story)
    • 58. Almalexias Temple (Forsaken Stronghold) - A Dunmer Tower with a shrine to the three
    • 57. Pirate New Life For Me (Highhallow Hold) - A pirate tavern where they gift you loot
    • 56. Woodvine Cathedral (Agony's Ascent) - A living cathedral thriving in the Deadlands
    • 55. Dark Elf Town House (Quondam Indorilia) - A small and cosy town house on the edge of Mournhold
    • 54. The Secret Tower (Exorcised Coven Cottage) - A hidden mage tower in the swamps on the Hag Fen
    • 53. Knight Club (Frostvault Chasm) - A disco in a dwarven mineshaft
    • 52. Dwemer Cave City (The Erstwhile Sanctuary) - A lost dwarven city has been found deep underground
    • 51. Alinor Gryphon Aerie (Colossal Aldmeri Grotto) - A place where gryphons are trained
    • 50. The Charred Towers (Doomchar Plateau) - Deadlands themed fortress with two towers and custom furniture
    • 49. Argonian Sea Town (Tel Galen) - An Argonian sea port
    • 48. Daedric Princess Tower (Seaveil Spire) - An underwater tower dedicated to the Daedric Prince Meridia
    • 47. Fargrave Observatory (Ossa Accentium) - An observatory in the portal realm of Fargrave
    • 46. Hundings Beach House (Hundings Palatial Hall) - Beach house and hottub
    • 45. Crystal Gardens (Snugpod) - Enchanted Gardens with crystalline trees
    • 44. Dawnlight Health Spa (Princely Dawnlight Palace) - Our spa waters are revitalising and ready to heal your aching body
    • 43. Mountainside Retreat (Pariah's Pinnacle) - An orc mountainside hall with an amazing view
    • 42. Volcanic Vile Villa (Kushalit Sanctuary) - A private hollowed out volcano for all your mad alchemist needs
    • 41. Arenthian Water Temple (Strident Springs Demesne) - A relaxing water temple outside Arenthia
    • 40. Woodland Cottage (Ald Velothi Harbor House) - A house in a tree, but not a treehouse
    • 39. Winter Snow Meadhall (Enchanted Snow Globe Home) - A winter meadhall has opened to get everyone in the festive mood
    • 38. Fire and Ice Hotel (Elinhir Private Arena) - An new hotel has opened with an ice bar and a lava room
    • 37. City of Princes (Pantherfang Chapel) - Citadese is under attack from a dragon invasion. Prince Tarvia is leading the escape through the sewers.
    • 36. Dark Brotherhood Home (Stay-Moist Mansion) - A Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary found beneath an Argonian village
    • 35. Volkihar Courtyard (Velothi Reverie) - A castle courtyard modelled on the famous Volkihar Castle in Skyrim
    • 34. Rada's Summer Getaway (Potentate's Retreat) - A Redguard mansion with a dark vampiric secret in the basement
    • 33. Cascadia Wine N Dine (Sweetwater Cascades) - Vineyard and meadery with two restaurants and a chapel
    • 32. Walled Kitchen Garden (Amaya Lake Lodge) - Fresh produce and cut flowers for sale. Hot food served in a family restaurant.
    • 31. Luckycat Summerhouse (Lucky Cat Landing) - A khajiiti villa with spa and dining
    • 30. Helene's Boutique (Water's Edge) - The famous dressmaker has opened a new dress shop in town
    • 29. Alinor Garden Party (Mathiisen Manor) - A party in the flower gardens of a Altmer noble's manor
    • 28. Markarth Bath House (Stone Eagle Aerie) - A relaxing spa and bath house with an arts and craft centre
    • 27. Treeboat house (The Gorinir Estate) - No one know how an imperial ship ended up in the treetops
    • 26. Varlaisvea College (Varlaisvea Ayleid Ruins) - An ancient library has been discovered deep inside an Ayleid ruin
    • 25. City on the Moon (The Orbservatory Prior) - Moonbase with housing and an inn under the stars
    • 24. Lakemire Water Gardens (Lakemire Xanmeer Manor) - Relaxing hanging gardens and a fish restaurant beneath the Xanmeer
    • 23. Hircine's Hunt Club (Hunters Glade) - A relaxing villa for werewolves to feast in the ever refilling hunting grounds
    • 22. Lost Dwarven Kingdom (Shalidor’s Shrouded Realm) - A lost Dwemer king's palace has been found in a mage's pocket realm
    • 21. Replaced with 54. The Secret Tower
    • 20. Topal Fishing Resort (Grand Topal Hideaway) - A resort in the middle of a fishing lake on a private island
    • 19. Castleton Manor (Alinor Crest Townhouse) - The home of Lord Castleton and his daughter Sonja
    • 18. Cave of BBQ N Ribs (Earthtear Cavern) - A secret rocky dome, hosts a BBQ and ribs restaurant
    • 17. Who Lived in a Shoe (The Ample Domicile) - There was an old reach witch who lived in a shoe
    • 16. Dwemer Party Tower (Hall of the Lunar Champion - Lion's Cradle) - A dwarven flying tower repurposed for parties
    • 15. A Taste of Alinor (Sleek Creek House) - A small piece of Alinor beside a creek
    • 14. Lava Submarine Base (Bastion Sanguinaris) - An evil vampire alchemy lab, accessible only via a lava submarine
    • 13. Spirit-tree Library (Wraithhome) - A library built atop an ancient forest within an ancient Daedric ruin
    • 12. Golden Beach Palace (Thieves' Oasis) - A dwarven inspired Redguard beach resort
    • 11. Mad Scientists House (Cyrodilic Jungle House) - Workshop and garage with an experimental De-lore-ean
    • 10. Big Toy House (Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery) - Two life sized doll's houses and a inn beneath the stairs
    • 9. Icy Falls Inn (Forgemaster Falls) - Two Nord lodges on a lake, serving mead and fresh fish
    • 8. Blue-ice Palace (Stillwaters Retreat) - Solitude, but on a frozen lake
    • 7. Mushroom Manor (Coldharbour Surreal Estate) - Dunmer house built from giant mushrooms
    • 6. Vampire Academy with wine bar (Daggerfall Overlook) - Come for the nibbles; stay for eternity
    • 5. Three Pillows War (Grymharth's Woe) - Re-enact the three banners war with pillow forts and floof balls
    • 4. Treefern House (Moon-sugar meadow) - Giant treefern treehouse
    • 3. Artaeum Theatre/Opera housel (Grand Psijic Manor) - Tiered Balcony
    • 2. Imperial Bridal Suite (Linchal Grand Manor) - Wedding venue with bridal suite extension
    • 1. Dragonguard Penthouse (Jode's Embrace) - 3 Extra floors, with indoor conservatory and top floor gym
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Getting ahead of this one...

DO NOT DO MAINTENANCE ON OCTOBER 12th

Although if a two week cadence seems to be followed, it is hopeful that the 12th is on a no-maintenance week.

And I noticed a typo, and I will node it here as "harvest note yields"

At least the dropped the "harvest nodes are doubled language" which isn't necessarily correct. Increased is better language for how they actually work.
  • GormBT
    GormBT
    Just want to say thank you in advance for all those who don't have Blackwood and locking this behind a paywall.

- Once the meter reaches 100% or the event ends, we’ll add the unlocked rewards to the Crown Store (in a single bundle) for ALL Blackwood owners to claim.
    - This is your first and only opportunity to acquire all the fragments you need to upgrade your Unstable Morpholith into the new Dagonic Quasigriff mount—don’t miss it!
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

That's a pretty strange move by them, probably player drop was more significant than anyone thought it would be but anyway.
  • Inval1d
    Inval1d
    ✭✭✭✭
    So... No chance for those who can't afford Blackwood to get the mount you've been teasing us with for the last 3 months?
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a pretty strange move by them, probably player drop was more significant than anyone thought it would be but anyway.

I'm thinking it has more to do with player engagement in previous similar events. We usually knock them out so quickly that most of the rest of the event is trivial and just for rewards. So their tracker is used for like 4 days and then done. I bet this way they can increase the participation goal and draw out engagement in the event longer.
  • naturebased
    naturebased
    ✭✭✭
    Inval1d wrote: »
    So... No chance for those who can't afford Blackwood to get the mount you've been teasing us with for the last 3 months?

Yikes. Really messed up. If they put blackwood on sale during the event then I would consider ponying up but doesnt look like thats happening
  • shadowkhaleesi
    shadowkhaleesi
    Soul Shriven

Typically they have all fragments available at the end of the year as a catch-up mechanic, during the New Life Festival (that’s how it was for the Indrik berry system last year). I think New Life is being previewed on PTS this week and it seems it will work the same way this year (you can buy anything you missed since Impresario will have everything)
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Darn, these usually include some type of sale of the DLC or chapter to help motivate sales for participating in the event. Had hoped that would be the same in this case so my friend, who doesn't have Blackwood yet, could pick it up a bit discounted. Guess I'll be soloing the event instead of us completing content together. Shame.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you confirm if there will or will not be a sale on Blackwood during the event?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Inval1d
    That's not STRICTLY true. Most active players will only need one more fragment to get the mount, and probably already have most of the event tickets that they need (gained during previous events). So at least SOME players who don't have Blackwood will be able to just go to the impressario to buy their last fragment to get the mount - they just won't be able to get the bonus rewards and event tickets from THIS event.

Also, event tickets can normally be bought as a crown store item. This means that they can be traded for with gold, from other players who are willing to sell their spare crowns. This is a decent option for players who are only a few tickets short of getting their last fragment.

That said, yes, players who can't afford Blackwood are definitely missing out when it comes to this event. It's pretty normal that SOME of the events each year are effectively behind a paywall tho - happens every year in ESO, and that's just part of their business model (to encourage more people to pay for the chapter).
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is your first and only opportunity to acquire all the fragments you need to upgrade your Unstable Morpholith into the new Dagonic Quasigriff mount—don’t miss it!

@Zos_Kevin Please ask the editors to dial back the Fear Of Missing Out hyperbole in the article. The PTS patch notes today even say the year-end event will bring back all Morpholith items. Obviously that's not a guarantee it will go live, but we all expect it.

In the meantime the above quote only serves to aggitate the playerbase who don't yet have Blackwood.

EDIT: Examples already:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/587621/dagonic-quasigriff-mount
    Edited by Fennwitty on September 27, 2021 4:57PM
    PC NA
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voroplasm pet - is this the same as with the Murkmire event of a year or more ago?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GormBT wrote: »
    Just want to say thank you in advance for all those who don't have Blackwood and locking this behind a paywall.

- Once the meter reaches 100% or the event ends, we’ll add the unlocked rewards to the Crown Store (in a single bundle) for ALL Blackwood owners to claim.

That's usually what they've done for the Summerset Event, the Elsweyr Event, the Greymoor event...

Since Summerset, they've been doing an event for that year's chapter with requirements specifically for that Chapter zone, and rewards only for the people who own the Chapter (or buy it within a certain time period.) Usually they run a sale on the Chapter within that time, though I didn't see if there was a sale this year.

Also, incidentally, someone was going a little FOMO-happy with that "First and only opportunity" business. The PTS has the New Life Festival active, and players will be able to acquire the last fragment for the pet they need then, too. I'm not a fan of that bit of alarmist advertising.
  • GuildedLilly
    GuildedLilly
    ✭✭✭
    Can you confirm if there will or will not be a sale on Blackwood during the event?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

^ Agreed. This is rather important information to know for those who don't yet have the chapter.

Also, please, please, PLEASE fix the crash bugs from the latest patch, otherwise this event will be unplayable for a lot of gamers. The rewards look interesting-- I really want to see the ogrim target dummy and whatever the mystery prize is, and a free attunable station is always nice. Also--it's an interesting change from the 'each player can only count once per server' of player base events past. You're giving alt-o-holics a chance to shine, and if the crashes are fixed, I'll be ready with my army on PC NA/EU, XB1 NA/EU to help rack up the score :)

Pleeeeeeease fix the crashes!
    *fingers crossed for a smooth event launch and duration*
    Grandmaster crafter, alt-o-holic, PC NA/EU, and XB1 NA/EU
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "We’re adding progress to the meter for each time the achievement is earned for each character, not account"

I just finished grinding the achievement (Blackwood Pathfinder) on my alts. I am looking forward for this event and I am actually very curious what the special, mysterious reward will be. In the past, each time when ZOS did this style of "community effort" event, the final reward was always something awesome:
    - Summerset - a house (Grand Psijic Villa).
    - Elsweyr dragon hunt event - target dummy & bunch of other goodies (like Dragon’s Treasure Trove furniture, probably one of the best item of that kind in ESO).
    - Greymoor - another house (Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery).

^ So whatever that will be, it will be worth it, as it is going to be something awesome. With those rewards, ZOS tends to go above & beyond :)
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dalsinthus wrote: »
    Voroplasm pet - is this the same as with the Murkmire event of a year or more ago?

I'm asking the same question. An official answer is needed. Recycled pet ?
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blackwood was launched a lot of monyhs ago. Many people (even me) have already fully explored it. So how could we contribute to grow up the global level of the event ?
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Inval1d
    That's not STRICTLY true. Most active players will only need one more fragment to get the mount, and probably already have most of the event tickets that they need (gained during previous events). So at least SOME players who don't have Blackwood will be able to just go to the impressario to buy their last fragment to get the mount - they just won't be able to get the bonus rewards and event tickets from THIS event.

Also, event tickets can normally be bought as a crown store item. This means that they can be traded for with gold, from other players who are willing to sell their spare crowns. This is a decent option for players who are only a few tickets short of getting their last fragment.

That said, yes, players who can't afford Blackwood are definitely missing out when it comes to this event. It's pretty normal that SOME of the events each year are effectively behind a paywall tho - happens every year in ESO, and that's just part of their business model (to encourage more people to pay for the chapter).

Bethesda works to make money, like everyone else. It is normal that to have fun you have to pay something. If you go to the cinema you pay, if you go out for dinner you pay, if you drink a beer you pay for it. Normal, isn't it?
  • GuildedLilly
    GuildedLilly
    ✭✭✭
    Blackwood was launched a lot of monyhs ago. Many people (even me) have already fully explored it. So how could we contribute to grow up the global level of the event ?

If you've already earned the pathfinder achievement on a character, it will count. The devs said they'd update the status meter with those of us who've already earned the achievement on the 30th-- so you've already helped, and your character's achievement will count towards the global tally.

Unlike previous events of this kind, you're NOT limited to only helping once per server. If you wanted to, you could earn the pathfinder achievement on every character you have, and for the first time ever, they ALL count towards the global tally :)
    Grandmaster crafter, alt-o-holic, PC NA/EU, and XB1 NA/EU
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The rng box as a final reward is demotivational. I look forward to writing "gratz" to the one person out of all my guilds that got something cool. The rest of us will make a massive 40g selling the 10 rubedite ingots (or equivalent) that dropped for us.

I guess I'll re-evaluate after we see what the mystery reward is. At the moment, though, it seems like a pass. Sadly, I see nothing here that would prompt me to buy Blackwood for any of my alt accounts.
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dalsinthus wrote: »

I'm asking the same question. An official answer is needed. Recycled pet ?
    Yes, it's the same pet. Those of you who have it get to spend tickets on furnishings instead.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The rng box as a final reward is demotivational. I look forward to writing "gratz" to the one person out of all my guilds that got something cool. The rest of us will make a massive 40g selling the 10 rubedite ingots (or equivalent) that dropped for us.

I guess I'll re-evaluate after we see what the mystery reward is. At the moment, though, it seems like a pass. Sadly, I see nothing here that would prompt me to buy Blackwood for any of my alt accounts.

The Elsweyr event had an rng box at the end. I seem to recall everybody getting the exact same cool stuff from it. I feel like the "RNG" part was among the low value items in the first few nested boxes. Once you got to the good boxes, it was all good for everybody.
  • Slyjinxy
    Slyjinxy
    ✭✭✭
    GormBT wrote: »

- This is your first and only opportunity to acquire all the fragments you need to upgrade your Unstable Morpholith into the new Dagonic Quasigriff mount—don’t miss it!

Why should people that don't own the chapter be rewarded for doing nothing? Oh right, they shouldn't.
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was also interested if Blackwood would be on sale and checked last year's event for precedent. The Greymoor event had a separate announcement for the event and sale, with the latter happening the day the event went live. I expect this is because they had to coordinate among all the different platforms about putting things on sale, as the dates varied among them a bit.

To be clear, I'm not posting this as a forecast for what to expect this year, merely as information about last year, and that it follows precedent to not have information about a sale in the same article as the event announcement. This eases my worry somewhat, and I hope it can for you all as well.

Greymoor Event Announcement: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/58773

Greymoor Event-Related Sale Announcement: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/58831
    PC NA
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the post, @oterWitz While it’s no guarantee of what will happen this year, it’s good to know when the sales were announced for the previous events. :) I enjoyed the Elsweyr and Greymoor events these past years! :smiley:
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

The Elsweyr event had an rng box at the end. I seem to recall everybody getting the exact same cool stuff from it. I feel like the "RNG" part was among the low value items in the first few nested boxes. Once you got to the good boxes, it was all good for everybody.

Thanks for the reminder; that is encouraging!