Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

This patch made Xbox unplayable with crashing

• jackiemanuel
    jackiemanuel
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't have the heart to tell you last night but I knew you'd be back. Sigh
  • meekeycee
    meekeycee
    ✭✭
    The lack of an actual update to this ongoing issue just shows the contempt this company has for its playerbase
  • SkadiMZ
    SkadiMZ
    ✭✭✭
    I know how a lot of you feel. These things truly frustrate you and it drives you to the point that you want to quit, but deep inside you know you're making hollow threats.

This may seem silly, but losing a game that plays a big part in your life is like ending a relationship. You'll probably wait to end it long after you should have and you'll regret it shortly thereafter. However, given enough time, you'll find a new game and be happy again.

This is a bad relationship. It's not you, it's them. Quit remaining in a toxic situation where you aren't valued. Find a partne..err game, who will appreciate you for the loyal gamer you are.
    Edited by SkadiMZ on September 26, 2021 1:48PM
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rich said on Twitter there was a forum post about this issue. Is this really it?

I crashed 14 times in three hours of play yesterday. :/
  • MoMo_Blend
    MoMo_Blend
    ✭✭
    The only thing I got from support on this issue was to direct me to this post.

• Tabatha
    Tabatha
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the information, all. Letting you know we've seen this thread and are actively investigating. We'll let you know if we need any additional info.

That’s it? Characters are stuck in endless dashboarding (Silent Halls).
  • dbaker.143b14_ESO
    dbaker.143b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Series X performance mode — ~120fps, HDR10 (TV can show stats)

Random crash to desktop on multiple classes in cyrodiil. FWIW sometimes crashes occur when transiting between keeps but majority of crashes happen mid combat.
  • Inkfingerps4
    Inkfingerps4
    Soul Shriven
    The game was running fine for me in fidelity mode on my Xbox series S until last weeks update.

Tried hard resets and re-downloading the game but no improvement.

Had three consecutive crashes yesterday trying to wayshrine from Fells Run to Mournhold - Ran to the nearby Boralis wayshrine and got through from there on the first attempt!

This morning crashed twice trying to go from the Boralis shrine to Leyawiin then found the Fells Run one worked perfectly!

Even entering & leaving buildings can be a problem, with the Leyawiin bank being a particular trouble spot.

Doesn’t bode well for the upcoming event if this isn’t fixed!
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a post about this in the bug reports section. Just fyi if anyone wants to drop this stuff there.
    Edited by DrSlaughtr on September 27, 2021 1:27PM
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder why our “forum manager” hasn’t even shown up yet in here. @ZOS_Kevin are you still around? Have you been silenced too?
  • meekeycee
    meekeycee
    ✭✭
    So here we go again crashed twice on login get into game & crash in Cyro.I’ve been playing the game from day one on Xbox eu but due to the current performance issues I’m seriously thinking about quitting.An update regarding the issues would be much appreciated.
  • captainpost
    captainpost
    ✭✭
    Well, they just got back to me again on my ticket. They are "escalating your ticket to a specialized team to ensure you receive the best possible resolution of your issue." Maybe this means that they are really looking into the issue.
  • Dolphinsgal
    Dolphinsgal
    ✭✭✭
    Well, they just got back to me again on my ticket. They are "escalating your ticket to a specialized team to ensure you receive the best possible resolution of your issue." Maybe this means that they are really looking into the issue.

I'll say one can seriously hope, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
  • REiiGN15
    REiiGN15
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just using my Xbox One X. I'm done using the Series X for this game. It crashes a lot now. X1X hasn't.
  • EXNOS
    EXNOS
    Soul Shriven
    On the Xbox Series X. I have crashed 15 times today already in the past 5 hours of trying to have some hope and have not been able to enjoy the game. When I change instance I crash, when I try to transit to another keep in cyrodil I crash, when I try finally get into a fight, midway I crash. I spend most of my time traveling and spending gold and AP to get to other regions or siege equipment in cyrodil for me to come back to me being alone or dead and missing the enjoyment of the game and missing the reward of winning.

Right now the enjoyment is listening to my friends play on the older Xbox while I just keep getting crash after crash after crash. Please don't make this last until next patch, revert the previous patch that changed Hrothgar if necessary. But don't make it like the inventory bug and leave it for a whole patch. Things like this is what makes my other friends never want play this game and go to other MMOs or games because we rather play together than listen to some of us play the game and others say, "I crashed" every 30 minutes.
    Xbox NA
    Templar Healer
    Templar Stamina DPS
    Templar Magica DPS
    Templar Tank
    Necromancer Healer
    Necromancer Stamina DPS
    Necromancer Magica DPS
    DragonKnight Magica DPS
    DragonKnight Stamina DPS
    Sorcerer Magica DPS
    Sorcerer Stamina DPS
    Nightblade Magica DPS
    Nightblade Stamina DPS
    Warden Stamina DPS
    Warden Magica DPS
  • voidavoid
    voidavoid
    ✭✭
    When I first saw this thread a week or so ago, I thought, "oh yeah, I did have one dashboard the other day, not so bad though."

In the span of 30 minutes now I have had 4 dahsboards and 1 dc. So, I no longer consider the title of this thread to be an exaggeration.

Xbox series x. Clearing saved data did seem to grant maybe 15 minutes of reprieve, but then it started again.
  • SerraKBella
    SerraKBella
    ✭✭✭
    EXNOS wrote: »
    On the Xbox Series X. I have crashed 15 times today already in the past 5 hours of trying to have some hope and have not been able to enjoy the game. When I change instance I crash, when I try to transit to another keep in cyrodil I crash, when I try finally get into a fight, midway I crash. I spend most of my time traveling and spending gold and AP to get to other regions or siege equipment in cyrodil for me to come back to me being alone or dead and missing the enjoyment of the game and missing the reward of winning.

Right now the enjoyment is listening to my friends play on the older Xbox while I just keep getting crash after crash after crash. Please don't make this last until next patch, revert the previous patch that changed Hrothgar if necessary. But don't make it like the inventory bug and leave it for a whole patch. Things like this is what makes my other friends never want play this game and go to other MMOs or games because we rather play together than listen to some of us play the game and others say, "I crashed" every 30 minutes.

Same - I crash about 5xs an hour since the last update. I hope the problem can be identified and resolved soon. :(

Edited by SerraKBella on September 26, 2021 9:34PM
  • Mykronic
    Mykronic
    Soul Shriven

They closed my ticket and referred it to the devs as feedback. At least someone is giving you something.
  • Mykronic
    Mykronic
    Soul Shriven
    Not sure if it's helpful or not, but fast traveling through Transitus in Cyrodiil seems to be particularly impacted by whatever is going on. I crash to dashboard much more often during that activity.
  • Facehead_McGee
    Facehead_McGee
    Soul Shriven
    ESO crashing frequently for me too since September 22, 2021 update (Xbox Series X).

I get about 1 crash per 15 minutes in Cyrodiil, large fights seem to sometimes increase this crash rate. The others in my PvP groups state they also experience frequent crashes.

My trials groups now experience constant crashes, about 1 crash per 5 min per 12 players.

Attempting to travel to overland way shrines sometimes results in a crash.

The crashing is severe enough that some in game achievements are currently not possible (Trials Trifectas and Dungeon Trifecta challenges in particular). I am hearing from most of the ESO players I know that they are experiencing crashing issues. I am hearing rumors that the game is currently more stable on an older generation xbox but cannot confirm. I would categorize the current issue as game breaking.
  • SASQUATCH0
    SASQUATCH0
    ✭✭✭✭
    How has this not been fixed yet? Averaging 10 crashes every couple hours. Constantly getting kicked out of cyrodiil. Core raids canceled. Ffs
  • mhrenub17_ESO
    mhrenub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    For those on a new console (Series X or S) that have not seen the crashes - just join a trial, any trial. An unexpected DC will eventually happen to you and almost certainly more than once.

I’ve had three raid teams cancel runs since the patch last week waiting for fixes now. We simply cannot run end game content with unpredictable player disconnects basically guaranteed in each pull :(.

I am yet another Xbox player anxiously awaiting an update on this .. or insight into workarounds (like using Fidelity mode vs Performance mode or some video setting changes or something else ….),
    Edited by mhrenub17_ESO on September 27, 2021 3:20AM
  • mhrenub17_ESO
    mhrenub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    robwolf666 wrote: »
    Been playing for 3hrs now, not a single problem. XB1.

Yep - no issue on my older Xbox One or my One X. The issue appears to be only on the Series X and Series S (I have a Series S - not the X)
    Edited by mhrenub17_ESO on September 27, 2021 3:21AM
  • mhrenub17_ESO
    mhrenub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven

PC NA/E, XB1 NA/EU

Not helpful — this thread is about a very different set of crashes on the Xbox Series X and Series S that started after the patch this last week. NOT the update 31 issues. Sorry you are having them but this is truly not helpful to post your PC issues in a thread about a universally impacting Xbox issue.

On PC you have crash logs and diagnostics as well so hopefully you can open tickets with real data and get answers……we are pretty much in the dark on console. .best of luck to you .
    Edited by mhrenub17_ESO on September 27, 2021 3:22AM
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had no crashes on my series x before this patch. I crash nearly every session since.
  • jackiemanuel
    jackiemanuel
    ✭✭✭
    More of the same crap today. crashed in sunspire. crashed again in white gold tower. I even crashed while farming mats in bal foyen. This has got to be handled this week. Unacceptable. I don't know what our options are here but with each passing day the anger increases.
  • Trenia
    Trenia
    ✭✭✭
    I am yet another Xbox player anxiously awaiting an update on this .. or insight into workarounds (like using Fidelity mode vs Performance mode or some video setting changes or something else ….),

Raiding on fidelity mode is not an option for any type of endgame team. You can’t light attack or chain adds. Fidelity performs so poorly on the series x it is confusing as to why it even exists.
  • GuildedLilly
    GuildedLilly
    ✭✭✭

PC NA/E, XB1 NA/EU

Not helpful — this thread is about a very different set of crashes on the Xbox Series X and Series S that started after the patch this last week. NOT the update 31 issues. Sorry you are having them but this is truly not helpful to post your PC issues in a thread about a universally impacting Xbox issue.

On PC you have crash logs and diagnostics as well so hopefully you can open tickets with real data and get answers……we are pretty much in the dark on console. .best of luck to you .

You're not paying attention. I play on 4 servers, PC NA/EU, AND XB1 NA/EU. I am a console player, and have just as much right to confirm that the game is messed up on my devices as you do--- the difference is, I can also confirm the issues began on PC with update 31, got worse with the most recent patch, AND XB1 was affected as well. My contribution was to point out that this is indeed a 'universal' issue, because XB, PC, and apparently even PS players are being affected by whatever ZOS broke in the most recent patch.

You're wrong, btw-- ZOS is keeping PC players just as much in the dark as console players regarding this, crash reports notwithstanding. Best of luck to all of us that they fix this quickly.
    Grandmaster crafter, alt-o-holic, PC NA/EU, and XB1 NA/EU
  • Dolphinsgal
    Dolphinsgal
    ✭✭✭
    More of the same crap today. crashed in sunspire. crashed again in white gold tower. I even crashed while farming mats in bal foyen. This has got to be handled this week. Unacceptable. I don't know what our options are here but with each passing day the anger increases.

Only thing I can think of is get to them on social media: twitter, Facebook ect. I'm to the point of reaching out to their now parent company ie Microsoft to see if they can step in and help. Other than that I feel there's nothing we can do. Unfortunately harassing them on a more public platform may be the only viable option, till they shut us out of that.
  • jackiemanuel
    jackiemanuel
    ✭✭✭

Only thing I can think of is get to them on social media: twitter, Facebook ect. I'm to the point of reaching out to their now parent company ie Microsoft to see if they can step in and help. Other than that I feel there's nothing we can do. Unfortunately harassing them on a more public platform may be the only viable option, till they shut us out of that.

I've tweeted at rich several times. I post here. I too want to contact Microsoft. I've considered reporting the to the better business bureau. [snip]

[edited for bashing & profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 27, 2021 10:12AM
This discussion has been closed.