Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

This patch made Xbox unplayable with crashing

• Akali
    Akali
    ✭✭
    Hello everyone

I have been trying to get on this forum for two days, it has been a slow process after some back n forth with ESO support and being told 'I am escalating your ticket to a specialized team' after I expressed disdain for the cookie cutter copy/pasted response I received, it was inappropriate due to the information I had already provided indicating my message had not been properly read.

I don't know how long this all takes but after chasing this up I have been sent an invite to join this forum. No other news yet I was just told 'they should be reaching out to you shortly.'

I would simply like to add to this thread and say I am a Series X user, who is unable to play the game since, I believe, Wednesday 22nd? I think? Around 4-5PM in the afternoon UK time.

I can go nothing more than a few minutes in game before I just get faced with my dashboard.

I think everyone can be understanding of the outlandish complexity of coding a game like this and maintaining it, that being said, I beleieve ESO paying customers mearly appreciate transparency, as being left in the dark I feel is what causes out breaks of outrage.

Let's hope we hear something soon, I have just finished a full factory reset of my Series X (which has not been fun) as I try and troubleshoot in the X amount of time this issue is persisting in a desperate attempt to actually make some sort of progress.
  • Jarrods32
    Jarrods32
    ✭✭✭
    Akali wrote: »
    Hello everyone

I have been trying to get on this forum for two days, it has been a slow process after some back n forth with ESO support and being told 'I am escalating your ticket to a specialized team' after I expressed disdain for the cookie cutter copy/pasted response I received, it was inappropriate due to the information I had already provided indicating my message had not been properly read.

I don't know how long this all takes but after chasing this up I have been sent an invite to join this forum. No other news yet I was just told 'they should be reaching out to you shortly.'

I would simply like to add to this thread and say I am a Series X user, who is unable to play the game since, I believe, Wednesday 22nd? I think? Around 4-5PM in the afternoon UK time.

I can go nothing more than a few minutes in game before I just get faced with my dashboard.

I think everyone can be understanding of the outlandish complexity of coding a game like this and maintaining it, that being said, I beleieve ESO paying customers mearly appreciate transparency, as being left in the dark I feel is what causes out breaks of outrage.

Let's hope we hear something soon, I have just finished a full factory reset of my Series X (which has not been fun) as I try and troubleshoot in the X amount of time this issue is persisting in a desperate attempt to actually make some sort of progress.

I also have tried everything on my console to resolve the issue its definitely a zos side issue.
    And I also agree the biggest issue is that we are getting no transparency nor any updates .
  • Akali
    Akali
    ✭✭
    Jarrods32 wrote: »

I also have tried everything on my console to resolve the issue its definitely a zos side issue.
    And I also agree the biggest issue is that we are getting no transparency nor any updates .

I would really appreciate if anyone with a Series X who is NOT having this issue could speak up, I haven't heard from anyone with a Series X NOT having a problem and I am interested if there are any.

One more thing, is anyone using the default Series X controller and still having the issue? I was using a custom controller, I am currently testing with the dafult controller to see if there is any potential connection (I mean gotta try EVERYTHING right!)

• Jarrods32
    Jarrods32
    ✭✭✭

I would really appreciate if anyone with a Series X who is NOT having this issue could speak up, I haven't heard from anyone with a Series X NOT having a problem and I am interested if there are any.

One more thing, is anyone using the default Series X controller and still having the issue? I was using a custom controller, I am currently testing with the dafult controller to see if there is any potential connection (I mean gotta try EVERYTHING right!)

I'm on series x and have also tried on my xbox one x same issue it ridiculous, might as well take the game offline @ZOS_GinaBruno it's not playable
  • Akali
    Akali
    ✭✭
    Jarrod may I ask are you using the default controller?

Also it is interesting that you say you are having the same problem on the One X - I have not heard this before, aside the usual 'general instability here n there'
  • Jarrods32
    Jarrods32
    ✭✭✭
    Jarrod may I ask are you using the default controller?

Also it is interesting that you say you are having the same problem on the One X - I have not heard this before, aside the usual 'general instability here n there'

I've used my standard controller , and my elite series 2 controller on both console and still DC, it's the worst in truals,dungeons, and when traveling for me .
    I literally cc'd 5 times in 10 mins.
    My core was in vcr trying to do gh and in the 30 mins we was in there we had to reset like 7 times, ever couple of minutes 1 to 4 people at a time would randomly dc back to the main game menu, had 2 people people console completely shut down .

I understand coding is a task and there will be bugs , but this us ridiculous. [snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 25, 2021 3:30PM
  • Akali
    Akali
    ✭✭

I understand coding is a task and there will be bugs , but this us ridiculous. Like @ZOS_GinaBruno stop putting out new content and fix the game fir once. and actually give 2 craps about ur player base, the whole team currently looks incompetent, and are losing loyal fans of the game cause of ur inadequacy in the ability to actually do a good job.

I just want to step in here and say I of course completely empathise with your frustration, and don't blame you at all, but fair is fair and something worth considering is that there may possibly be an entirely different team who deal with the creative side and content creation, so it may be a none issue that 'ALL hands on deck' be required or even possible.

I honestly get you but, this is something we just can't know. I feel that there is a lack of simple update though, for example 'thanks for your patience we apologise to those having issues, we have not yet found anything but are taking this very seriously and still investigating'

I mean, that's what I would do. This is an official forum right? I payed my monthly ESO just two days before I have been completely unable to play the game :neutral:

I have been busting my butt to grind for transmutes on every character every single morning and that has been force halted these last 3 days.

I am not currently very happy, and this is without the mention of the general instibility on the Series X I have experienced since the day I installed ESO, which was the day after the next gen patch released (I waited for this)

Step up here guys, any information is appreciated.
  • Akali
    Akali
    ✭✭
    Really? :/ Is there seriously no way to edit posts.... Clearly I messed that up, above. :neutral:
  • Akali
    Akali
    ✭✭
    OK I just managed to remain overland for over 30 minutes, generally busying around, wondering about, decon, selling, whacking some guar - this was an improvement. Then I queued for a dungeon and managed to get all the way through, and when I hit leave instance, I was sent right to dashboard.

So, two ways to look at this, firstly, that was a huge improvement, however absolutely nothing to say it wasn't just some luck. Secondly, there is still a problem.

I have had my fill of testing today and will resume some more tomorrow.

I am quite interested if custom controller use is in any way related, not according to Jarrod and my testing just showed there was still a crash, however, does using a custom controller have ANY negative effect? Unknown yet.

Would be nice to hear something by tomorrow to let us know we have not been forgotten. I mean this may sound awful but I pay to play it not to troubleshoot. I play onconsole so I don;t have to deal with this lark...

• xiphactinus
    xiphactinus
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox series S user here, Using a Razer controller and have had the same issues posted here. However today I have only crashed once or twice using a lower lvl character...lvl 35. My other cp700+ characters are not having a great time of it at all. Here is my tuppence worth:
    [snip] The lack of communication from ZOS recently regarding this latest issue but posting the next store update at the top of the forum page for all to see also compounds our frustration, Leading to the feeling that they just don't care. I've not been playing this game that long but it's gotten worse with each update noticeably over the months but sure as I'm typing this that store gets updated without question. Fix the game, We'll throw money at you...There is absolutely no need to do anything this way. We want to play the game but we want a game that works. So in light of the store update I can now only speak in a language they can understand and so ESO+ cancelled. We would happily fill the trough with gold for you to gorge yourself sick on if we had a product that works as stated. My main gripe is I have 60+ games with a few bugs here and there but for the most part get fixed quickly by the devs. I have 3 games that consistently cause problems including just switching my xbox off completely mid game which can't be good for my console and yep you guessed it, Fo4, Fo76, ESO. None of my other games have this effect or perform so poorly, None of them! So when I'm told it's probably an issue with my console I call [snip]. So 57 games work perfectly but because the 3 you made don't it's my console that’s at fault. What about the time we have all lost on our ESO subscription? We getting those days back? We forgive you the update days because we think we are getting improvements. [snip]

[edited for bashing, rude comments & profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 25, 2021 3:34PM
  • HugoG92
    HugoG92
    ✭✭✭
    Would be nice to hear something by tomorrow to let us know we have not been forgotten. I mean this may sound awful but I pay to play it not to troubleshoot. I play onconsole so I don;t have to deal with this lark...

Don't hold your breath waiting. I'm not expecting an answer until Tuesday. Monday will be a busy day for them with the ESO Live on Twitch. The only thing left for us to do is spam FIX YO GAME on the comments section of their live stream :)
  • deleted220717-003304
    I'm using the default controller on my Series S, for the record.
  • captainpost
    captainpost
    ✭✭
    They just sent me another reply to my ticket. They now wanted me to forward ports, reboot the home network, clear mac address, and perform a connection test on the console. Guess what, it didn't help cause it's not a connection issue.
  • Jarrods32
    Jarrods32
    ✭✭✭
    They just sent me another reply to my ticket. They now wanted me to forward ports, reboot the home network, clear mac address, and perform a connection test on the console. Guess what, it didn't help cause it's not a connection issue.

Same here did all the things on that email I could , its literally a generic email they send out.
  • HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good thing I have a new Xbox series X shipping to me this coming week. I’m looking forward to having a next gen, hyper powerful console that can’t even run a seven year old game for 3 minutes without crashing.

Especially a game that specifically had an update in June for this particular console.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basically the people on Xbox NA playing on Xbox one X are now not crashing but those on the Series x/S are crashing. I bought the S to stop crashing grrr. Every time I travel I crash.
    Edited by Karivaa on September 25, 2021 5:15PM
  • DorisOThDead
    I'm on the series X, eu server. Can't log in at all on half my toons, game just crashes before I even get into the game properly...
  • eveboufa
    eveboufa
    Someone hot patch this issue already.
  • captainpost
    captainpost
    ✭✭
    The Xbox Support Twitter account announced they are looking into a similar issue with NBA 2K22. Maybe this is an Xbox Series X issue that's causing games to randomly close to the dashboard.
    Edited by captainpost on September 25, 2021 6:00PM
  • jackiemanuel
    jackiemanuel
    ✭✭✭
    So frustrating and disrespectful. We deserve something of value, a refund preferably, or extra crowns, I don't know. anything to show us that they give a crap that the product we subscribe to doesn't work properly.
  • Akali
    Akali
    ✭✭
    Hello.

I'd like to think ZOS are keeping an eye on this thread so for all involved and if anyone can benefit I have some news possibly.

Because I have done several things and only really tested for a few hours, I can not confirm much of anything, or that any of this individually or combined did anything whatsoever. That being said, I have just been playing for around 2-3 hours, done several dungeons, and a variety of bits and had only the one CTD, the one which I mentioned earlier when leaving instance. I have been using my Elite 2 controller also.

What I did;

Reset my console to factory.
    Reinstalled ESO from external HDD.
    Checked allow 4K in Xbox settings (normally I am on 120hz 1440p)
    Left area chat as usual after loading character
    I have not adjusted brightness yet (afraid to touch anything)

I am now;

Afraid to launch any other game
    Afraid to exit ESO
    Afraid to alter any settings
    Trying to be sure ESO doesn't notice me with a huge grin on my face having a great time!

Honestly, it's a bit early to celebrate, so I won't but man, I love ESO! If I think of anything else I have done, I will add it, in another post though because I have zero clue how to edit on here.

It's so difficult not to be excited because I have missed playing ESO!! I hope this holds out and will be interested to hear if anyone else has any success - ESO was never super stable anyway before, but it was very playable, but got so bad after the maintenance it was literally unplayable, so if it crashes occasionally so be it, but if it's playable like before Wednesday 22nd then I am just thrilled tbh because I really enjoy playing - it's sure not a perfect game, but it's an EPIC ONE!

I have my fingers crossed, legs crossed, butt cheeks crossed and bed sheets folded - I shall sit very still and atempt to steer my controller using my tongue

YAY :smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:
  • IceWhiteScarab
    IceWhiteScarab
    Soul Shriven
    So, I hooked up my Xbox one s again and was able to load in and leave the zone I was stuck in. I then traveled back to a spot I know was safe. Opened the game back up on my Series X and am able to play again. I don't know if this will work for everyone, but I sure helped me out. At least in the meantime.
  • xepidemiikxxb14_ESO
    So, I hooked up my Xbox one s again and was able to load in and leave the zone I was stuck in. I then traveled back to a spot I know was safe. Opened the game back up on my Series X and am able to play again. I don't know if this will work for everyone, but I sure helped me out. At least in the meantime.

Yeah it worked for you, until you crash again in a few minutes when you get back on the series X. Nothing works, nothing.
    ZOS needs to fix this. Something like this should have had an emergency fix already.
    For 7 years I've supported this game, I've seen every issue its had and nothing has changed. They still don't care enough about the players to even give us answers.
    Let me go make a post about how I cant buy ESO plus or crowns though and I'm sure they'll come running and provide an answer right away.
  • Mykronic
    Mykronic
    Soul Shriven
    Currently averaging one crash per 17 minutes. Went ahead and cancelled my ESO Plus subscription. Can't play so I probably shouldn't pay for something I can't use.
  • jackiemanuel
    jackiemanuel
    ✭✭✭
    Same [snip] different day. Just crashed near the end of white gold tower. that's the fifth time I've crashed in that dungeon this weekend. averaging two crashes an hour overall. Shameful that we can't get some kind of offical update.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 26, 2021 12:53PM
  • Dolphinsgal
    Dolphinsgal
    ✭✭✭
    With all the bloody crashing their music at the beginning of the game is more and more and more irritating
  • gronoxvx
    gronoxvx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mykronic wrote: »
    Currently averaging one crash per 17 minutes. Went ahead and cancelled my ESO Plus subscription. Can't play so I probably shouldn't pay for something I can't use.

Same here. Cant even raid atm without dashboarding every 10-15 mins. Assuming zos wont fix it until next patch or 2 weeks after theyve found a fix which is a joke. Fix your [snip] zos.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 26, 2021 12:54PM
  • jackiemanuel
    jackiemanuel
    ✭✭✭
    It's infuriating.
  • Akali
    Akali
    ✭✭
    UPDATE: It's not fixed. I don't know why I had such a good run last night. I was just in banished cells 1 and 2-3 minutes in I just saw my dashboard, the truth is I could load it up and hope it was a one off, again, but the fact is...

I'm done. I just can't battle this anymore. After being convinced it was fixed last night I just .... Can't.

I will now cancel my sub and move to a different game.

I don't know if I will ever come back, on the basis I feel the support has been flat as a pancake through this and so much of ESO is invested time and seeing how fast that can come to a random end I just don't feel I can justify investing so much time and effort into it.

The time I put into getting my event tickets every day, even when they put one in Imperial City the last time, which I had no clue about and absolutely hated it to start with, every day I was vigilant, saving up for the mount - I am not doing this anymore.

There is nothing more I can do personally to troubleshoot and have lost all care.
  • Dolphinsgal
    Dolphinsgal
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_Adrikoth @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_AntonioP

Can we please get a bloody update on this. It's been days since the last "we're looking into it" and things are getting worse by the day. I usually don't post several times about the same issue, but this is GAME BREAKING. I as well as others use this game as an escape from constant daily crap (for me it's to distract from medical issues) and without the escape RL isn't able to be handled as well as when we have that escape. Yes my reasons for wanting the game fixed are selfish[snip]
    I had hoped when Microsoft bought your company things would get better, however those hopes have been shattered completely. Just please do us all a favor and FIX your game.

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 26, 2021 12:55PM
This discussion has been closed.