Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

This patch made Xbox unplayable with crashing

• SkadiMZ
    SkadiMZ
    ✭✭✭
    Jameson18 wrote: »
    Its not just the series X/S, it's happening on One X/S also. Although maybe not as much for some folks.

I think its associated to a memory leak. - As I said in another thread.

I crashed less over the last day or two by deleting 3 toons. (Putting it at the original 9 slots.) - I've been actively trying to get all bag/inventory counts on toons to under 110 (Non ESO+ cap.) and bank space to under 220 (non ESO+ cap.) but the bank space has been harder for me to do. I cleared out half my crates as well.

Game runs marginally better, the more work I do on this project. - Connected? I don't know. But I've had less crashes and log-in freezes over the last 36-48hrs or so than I was prior.

@ZOS_GinaBruno something to look at?

Literally every step that you've taken to mitigate the problem (9 toons, less than 110 inventory, bank space under 220) is how I always run my game. I still crash at an extraordinary rate. As the title says, this game is unplayable in its current state.

@ZOS_GinaBruno this should be top priority. This type of issue should have continuous follow up. We should not be left uninformed when the game is in this state.
  • GuildedLilly
    GuildedLilly
    ✭✭✭
    Its not just the series X/S, it's happening on One X/S also. Although maybe not as much for some folks.

I crashed less over the last day or two by deleting 3 toons. (Putting it at the original 9 slots.) - I've been actively trying to get all bag/inventory counts on toons to under 110 (Non ESO+ cap.) and bank space to under 220 (non ESO+ cap.) but the bank space has been harder for me to do. I cleared out half my crates as well.

Game runs marginally better, the more work I do on this project. - Connected? I don't know. But I've had less crashes and log-in freezes over the last 36-48hrs or so than I was prior.

If it is related to a memory leak, thank you for taking one for the team. Honestly? You shouldn't have had to. Reducing inventory, emptying bank..... DELETING 3 characters?!?! That's a sacrifice you shouldn't have had to make--but if it gets ZOS closer to fixing the root of the problem, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Like another player said: I'm not deleting anything--certainly NOT a character. Even the ones I play the least have over 200hrs invested. It does possibly explain why the crashes are hitting me particularly hard, though. I have 15 characters on PC NA, and 12+ on each server for PC EU, XB1 NA, and XB1 EU. Housing item slots, Bank space, and character inventories are ESO+ maxed. I do a lot of content, so my collections menu & sticker book is pretty packed. If memory leaks are part of this, it's a wonder the game occasionally loads for me at all.

ZOS, please get to the bottom of this, and fix what's broken.
    Grandmaster crafter, alt-o-holic, PC NA/EU, and XB1 NA/EU
  • Bekkael
    Bekkael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xbox One X here. No crashes. The problem I'm having is not being able to log in - either it freezes on the log-in screen, or I get past that and I'm stuck in infinite load screen with the spinning logo that never progresses beyond that. Doing a hard restart of the console fixed it, at first, but now that is not even a guarantee that I will be able to get into the game. This started with the last update.

Very frustrating, and if it isn't fixed soon I will cancel my sub. Again. :angry: I'm not going to pay for benefits I can't even access.
    ~~ Lady Gamer ~~ ♥ ~~ Xbox NA ~~
  • jackiemanuel
    jackiemanuel
    ✭✭✭
    [snip]. Has they're even been an acknowledgement from the devs?

[Edit for Profanity.]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on September 24, 2021 7:15PM
  • xepidemiikxxb14_ESO
    Bekkael wrote: »
    Xbox One X here. No crashes. The problem I'm having is not being able to log in - either it freezes on the log-in screen, or I get past that and I'm stuck in infinite load screen with the spinning logo that never progresses beyond that. Doing a hard restart of the console fixed it, at first, but now that is not even a guarantee that I will be able to get into the game. This started with the last update.

Very frustrating, and if it isn't fixed soon I will cancel my sub. Again. :angry: I'm not going to pay for benefits I can't even access.

Cancel it, they clearly don't care. Majority of the player base can't even play but yet probably wont get a fix for weeks. We don't even get a decent response from Zos on here.
  • Aardappelboom
    Aardappelboom
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno we could use an update on this, the servers might have well been down for the last three days, it's really that bad, very frustrating!
  • wandererwind
    wandererwind
    Soul Shriven
    Never go to the silence halls in blackwood that dungeon is entirely broken been stuck there for almost 10 hours
    I tried log in many times but it keeps crashing while loading screen so I can't play the game until they fix it
    of course I made a ticket and asked if they could move my character to another place so I can log in
    but their answers are always the same
    restart cons.... delete saved game da.... reinstall ga... lol I already did a factory reset my xbox and reinstall the game
    what more can I do now?
    so I say again please never go to the silence halls
  • xepidemiikxxb14_ESO
    In the 7 years i played this game, this is the worst state the game has been in, between all the changes and broken gear sets being added, and now crashes that are worse then they ever were. We can't even get some transparency about the issue other then its being looked into, like It is just a simple bug. This is actually a huge game breaking issue, it needs to be addressed more.
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Must be a different issue, have been playing more than 20 hours meanwhile, just 2 crashes. One logging out a character, the other I don't remember (I run 18 characters on each server).
    I did have frequent crashes though travelling to Elden Root wayshrine for mages guild dailies when I did those last week. But that was before the patch, so is not related (as a workaround I travel outside snugpod instead now).

Overall the game runs pretty stable for me atm. Xbox one S (old), NA and EU, delves + world bosses & public dungeons, lots of crafting.
    Edited by markulrich1966 on September 24, 2021 8:04PM
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bekkael wrote: »

If it is related to a memory leak, thank you for taking one for the team. Honestly? You shouldn't have had to. Reducing inventory, emptying bank..... DELETING 3 characters?!?! That's a sacrifice you shouldn't have had to make--but if it gets ZOS closer to fixing the root of the problem, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Like another player said: I'm not deleting anything--certainly NOT a character. Even the ones I play the least have over 200hrs invested. It does possibly explain why the crashes are hitting me particularly hard, though. I have 15 characters on PC NA, and 12+ on each server for PC EU, XB1 NA, and XB1 EU. Housing item slots, Bank space, and character inventories are ESO+ maxed. I do a lot of content, so my collections menu & sticker book is pretty packed. If memory leaks are part of this, it's a wonder the game occasionally loads for me at all.

ZOS, please get to the bottom of this, and fix what's broken.

@GuildedLilly Thanks. They were my lowest hour characters at least. Least amount of unlocks etc. so I felt they were reasonable to rebuild later if it were to help diagnose the problem.

@Bekkael That is originally how my problem began. Trouble even logging in. Then the crashes came as well. It just got to be too much and I almost flat out quit via throwing my xbox into the road.

I really like the game. The GF and I play together, with what remaining friends still bother to log in or even play. Just took a few deep smooth breathes and decided to take a different approach. Lol.
  • meekeycee
    meekeycee
    ✭✭
    Games unplayable for me Xbox eu constant crashes just had 5 in 10 mins in cyrodiil also return of the long loading screens the games a mess
  • joleda4ub17_ESO
    joleda4ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I have 1 character. I've never had a second character on xbox series X. I don't have more than 240 slots in the bank since I don't have ESO+, This is not a memory leak. I cannot get into the game at all since I crassh on the first loading screen.
  • captainpost
    captainpost
    ✭✭
    The only thing we can do right now is to stop paying them and let them know what's happening on their social media pages. You want results then make some noise on Reddit, Twitter, and Facebook. Any place where they will be forced to acknowledge in public something is wrong.
  • Dolphinsgal
    Dolphinsgal
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing we can do right now is to stop paying them and let them know what's happening on their social media pages. You want results then make some noise on Reddit, Twitter, and Facebook. Any place where they will be forced to acknowledge in public something is wrong.

If I had any of those I would be using them to the fullest extent I could if it would fix this.

I guess making the announcement of the Blackwood event is more important to zos than fixing this issue. If the issue isn't fixed when the event goes live, very few people on xbox will be able to participate in it.
  • joleda4ub17_ESO
    joleda4ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I deleted, rebooted, installed, rebooted, and then tried to login again. I still can't get beyond the first loading screen. I last logged out over 24 hours ago in Reaper's March on my Series X. The loading wheel stops spinning for a second and puts me on the desktop.
  • SkadiMZ
    SkadiMZ
    ✭✭✭

You are correct, I canceled my ESO+ and will not renew. Such a unique game, so much depth, but just absolutely flawed to the core and riddled with issues.

Not sure if there are steps to grieving the loss of a game, but I know I'm at the end. Hello any other game that actually works.
  • Celix
    Celix
    Soul Shriven
    xbox x ... I keep crashing over and over. please fix this
  • Jarrods32
    Jarrods32
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Could we at least get an acknowledgement , and some kind of an update . Literally most of consoles players cant play the game
  • REiiGN15
    REiiGN15
    ✭✭✭
    This is so insanely random. Using a transit, walking around in my house, almost about to heavy attack a trial boss, using puncture on a dungeon boss, getting writs, turning in writs, buying horse upgrades. STAYING STILL...boom random dashboard.

• Celix
    Celix
    Soul Shriven

cancelled
  • kitsune31987
    kitsune31987
    ✭✭
    40 minutes in VCR3. First pull 5 dcs. 2nd pull 4 dcs. Reset instance. 3 people dc traveling out. Travel back in 1 dc. 3rd pull 1 or 2 dcs. 4th pull 2 dcs with dcs traveling out. All but 1 have the new generation xbox. A lot of core teams are cancelling their progression nights completely.

One core member has his trials character stuck in Reapers March. He can't even log into it. It crashes when it tries to load in.

I have played this game 6 years and It's honestly the worse it has ever been. Please give us an update regarding this. I agree with PamiChic. Everyone would gladly take days to weeks off from the game to get this game fixed for good. As it is, the end game community is dwindling every patch and this will likely cause a mass exodus if not fixed soon.
    Edited by kitsune31987 on September 25, 2021 3:11AM
  • jackiemanuel
    jackiemanuel
    ✭✭✭
    oh boy, I've crashed four times in an hour tonight. Fix this crap. Your product that I'm subscribed to is broken, by you. fix it.
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never go to the silence halls in blackwood that dungeon is entirely broken been stuck there for almost 10 hours
    I tried log in many times but it keeps crashing while loading screen so I can't play the game until they fix it
    of course I made a ticket and asked if they could move my character to another place so I can log in
    but their answers are always the same
    restart cons.... delete saved game da.... reinstall ga... lol I already did a factory reset my xbox and reinstall the game
    what more can I do now?
    so I say again please never go to the silence halls

Try this potential workaround: on the character selection screen, go into options, video, and where it says “graphics” switch that from fidelity to performance, it won’t solve the problem outright, but it may slow down the crashing process just enough for you to interact with the door (if your character is close to it to interact with.) and escape the silent halls, or “Crashing Halls” if you will.
    Edited by Skullstachio on September 25, 2021 4:23AM
    "When the human race learns to read the language of symbolism, a great veil will fall from the eyes of men." ~Manly P. Hall
  • gronoxvx
    gronoxvx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crashing 3 or so times per trial in both vrg and vmol.
  • jackiemanuel
    jackiemanuel
    ✭✭✭
    Guess what guys, another crash. What a joke.
  • Daz1966
    Daz1966
    Soul Shriven
    Im the same as everyone else, series x constant crashing to desktop, the lack of acknowledgment of a problem is infuriating, if there is no fix or acknowledgment i will cancel my eso plus and play something else.
  • wandererwind
    wandererwind
    Soul Shriven
    Try this potential workaround: on the character selection screen, go into options, video, and where it says “graphics” switch that from fidelity to performance, it won’t solve the problem outright, but it may slow down the crashing process just enough for you to interact with the door (if your character is close to it to interact with.) and escape the silent halls, or “Crashing Halls” if you will.

Oh that's a brilliant idea! thanks for the advice
    I'd just barely escaped from there with support team help they moved my character to daggerfall wayshrine so I was able to login and very happy
    The funny thing is when I tried to use the wayshrine to go to craglorn it crashed again lol
  • deleted220717-003304
    Same on XBOX Series S, NA server here. I haven't done any group content since the patch, so I may have avoided some of the worst of it so far, but it still happens.
    I've done Craglorn overland content, and just now at a time the zone is mostly abandoned, just riding over the land to the next destination caused the game to suddenly shut down completely, back to the desktop.
    Another thing is when I idle for too long and get logged out to the logout screen - there's a certain chance that screen will freeze up completely with nothing one can do. That's happened even in my own home several times.
    I've been on Fidelity mode so far, but that's a good hint, I'll try going down to Performance and see if that makes it at least a little better.
  • Jarrods32
    Jarrods32
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Can we get an acknowledgement ???
    This is getting crazy surely there is a legality issue about paying for subscription of eso and not being able to play the game, and not get a reimbursement.
  • Ferretfing
    Ferretfing
    Soul Shriven
    Don't go into the Arkthzand Orrery either, my character is stuck in a loading crash loop as well. Can't play my main, so I've just not played the game in a couple days now.

I have the exact same issue - I'm on series X - support ticket 210925-001770
    Edited by Ferretfing on September 25, 2021 12:58PM
This discussion has been closed.