Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

This patch made Xbox unplayable with crashing

• Draeoth
    Draeoth
    Soul Shriven
    Im having the same issues on pc. for me its mostly happening after talking to npcs for quests.
  • Trenia
    Trenia
    ✭✭✭
    Draeoth wrote: »
    Im having the same issues on pc. for me its mostly happening after talking to npcs for quests.

This is a different issue exclusive to series x (maybe ps5?). The crashes are literally everywhere, and they are constant.
  • Dolphinsgal
    Dolphinsgal
    ✭✭✭
    It seems limited to the series x for some reason. I will be happy when I can get on again for more than a min or two at a time
  • Aardappelboom
    Aardappelboom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same here, it's actually unplayable, I'm going to have to wait for a fix to get my own ESO fix for the week.
  • Dolphinsgal
    Dolphinsgal
    ✭✭✭
    I may have to steal my old xbox 1x back in order to play eso and get my needed eso fix in if the crashing doesn't get fixed soon...and that will not make the others in the house happy
  • GuildedLilly
    GuildedLilly
    ✭✭✭
    For those of you spared the constant crashing/freezing, desyncs, disconnects, login errors, lobby errors, and game refusing to load: I'm legitimately happy for you. For those of us who drew the short straw? This is unacceptable. These issues have been ongoing since update 31. The game is essentially unplayable for us.

Yesterday alone I crashed more than 24 times.

Crashes are occurring in PVE overland, in dungeons, in BGs, in IC, in Cyrodil, in undaunted delves, in public dungeons, in housing, during crafting surveys, during writs, when composing player mail, when previewing crown crates, when leaving BGs, when leaving instances in dungeons, during character select screens, during log in screens, during game load, when doing literally NOTHING because the game just loaded 10 secs ago.... EVERYTHING is crashing.

Mutli threading isn't enabled, lower graphics quality didn't fix, disabling addons didn't fix, updating drivers and addons didn't fix, repairing the game didn't fix, uninstall/reinstall the game didn't fix, AND I can stream music and videos flawlessly even when the game derps, so it isn't an internet issue. SOMETHING in update 31 broke the game across multiple servers and platforms for quite a few of your players, and these issues remain unresolved.

FIx it.

PC NA/E, XB1 NA/EU
    Grandmaster crafter, alt-o-holic, PC NA/EU, and XB1 NA/EU
  • captainpost
    captainpost
    ✭✭
    I'm getting the crashes as well. It happens once an hour or so in the normal world but in Cyrodiil it crashes every few minutes. I have tried all the things suggested (restarting Xbox, unplugging Xbox, deleting ESO and reinstalling, deleting save file) and nothing seems to work. Xbox Series X Performance Mode.
  • joleda4ub17_ESO
    joleda4ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot login on xbox series X. I crash at the Reapers March loading screen. Literally unplayable.
  • faeeichenlaub
    faeeichenlaub
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xbox 1x not just series x.
    open a crafting crate? crash.
    Loot a dead crab? crash
    Interact with blacksmith station? crash.
    4th time is the charm. See ya
    Watching deadliest catch tfn
    "Azura give me strength, Let my voice change the world as long as I am in it."
  • jackiemanuel
    jackiemanuel
    ✭✭✭
    Series X - crashed at least 30 times since patch. Crashed twice in last five minutes. This is horseshit.
  • jackiemanuel
    jackiemanuel
    ✭✭✭
    Also after every crash we have to reset all the video settings. Really frustrating.
  • jackiemanuel
    jackiemanuel
    ✭✭✭
    Just crashed again. ***
  • DtOG
    DtOG
    ✭✭✭
    Wait there’s probably a work around 🙄
  • pamichic
    pamichic
    ✭✭✭
    Checking in post Core 2 raid:
    Xbox Series X - changed to fidelity mode for this evening. 24 MHz. No HDR settings.

vSS HM - 1 player crashed at first add pull 2nd wave.

Multiple players crashed in big cat room.

2 (?) Crashed Next big room before Ice dragon.

Multiple DCs on Ice Dragon HM - managed to clear.
    Made it to Fire Dragon. I tried to chain adds under dragon and in Fidelity mode was frame by frame - we had 1 or 2 DCs. Called wipe. Changed to performance mode - crashed myself mid pull multiple times. Multiple other crashes. Got frustrated and shut my Xbox off.

6+ year player, thousands invested between crown crates, ESO+ (never missed a month!) And multiple houses and buying crowns.

I absolutely love this game. Please, for your loyal dedicated fan base - fix the broken things on console. I have lost multiple people over the years (5+ year GM of trials guild) due to the state of the game.

As I said earlier - pull the servers down for a few days and just rework all the broken -
    Fix the crashes. Fix the voice chat bugs. Fix turning into a chicken (hilarious but, c'mon!). Fix the setting for your brightness. Fix PVP for the love of all thats holy!

I know good help is non existing and people don't want to work - but I bet you can find some tech people that will! If you teach me how to code, I will try to fix it!

I promise you, if you pull the servers down and actually fix the broken - your loyal fan base will spend the money you will "lose" and then some - because we will be happy our favorite game is playable again.

Please keep us posted and don't leave us in this state through the weekend - we have another raid planned tomorrow and I just want to raid! My crew just wants to raid. 😑

@ZOS_GinaBruno I know its out of your hands and you probably don't read the millions of tags you get but please keep us posted. Its very hard to keep raid teams going if we can't raid - we need a glimmer of hope before people start quitting in droves again.
    Edited by pamichic on September 24, 2021 2:59AM
  • jackiemanuel
    jackiemanuel
    ✭✭✭
    I've crashed three more times since my last post a few minutes ago. Ridiculous.
  • HugoG92
    HugoG92
    ✭✭✭
    Today my core team experienced 25+ Dcs in a vKA HM run. 10 just on last boss. It wasn't fun. Apparently that just happens with people playing on Series X|S @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • madrab73
    madrab73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not just Xbox I had 5 bluescreen crashes on PS4 Pro in 6 hours last night. Took 30 minutes for my first crash this morning.
  • CURSIN_IT
    CURSIN_IT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just for the info:
    same issues are on Series S.
  • Jarrods32
    Jarrods32
    ✭✭✭
    Are there plans to do a hotfix for the DC issue literally cant play the game. This need to be addressed quickly until it's fixed consoles cant really do anything . Zos needs to take focus off crown store and fix the game. If it had been a crown issue the game would have went down yesterday for patch. @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Series X.

Cyro last night. I was on an hour before giving up. In that time I had 5 forced closes to home screen.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Tharonil
    Tharonil
    ✭✭✭
    Yesterday evening I had two crashes in one daily undaunted dungeon again. (The one with the werwolf behemoth transformations.)

I had really nice companions, that haven't kicked me immediately.

In such a big game there can always be a few problems, but the crashes have been happening almost every day since the last update.

I hope you can solve the misery :smile:

Have a nice weekend all :-)

p.s. I play on series x with the performance mode.

• IceWhiteScarab
    IceWhiteScarab
    Soul Shriven
    Don't go into the Arkthzand Orrery either, my character is stuck in a loading crash loop as well. Can't play my main, so I've just not played the game in a couple days now.
  • Aardappelboom
    Aardappelboom
    ✭✭✭✭
    This saddens me, it has litteraly been unplayable for the last couple of days. I was hoping for a fix today. 😔
  • Hiker
    Hiker
    ✭✭
    Please can we have a fix for this asap. It's unplayable! @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • j3z3b3l
    j3z3b3l
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the information, all. Letting you know we've seen this thread and are actively investigating. We'll let you know if we need any additional info.

Any update yet?
    J3zdaz XBOX One NA
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not just the series X/S, it's happening on One X/S also. Although maybe not as much for some folks.

I think its associated to a memory leak. - As I said in another thread.

I crashed less over the last day or two by deleting 3 toons. (Putting it at the original 9 slots.) - I've been actively trying to get all bag/inventory counts on toons to under 110 (Non ESO+ cap.) and bank space to under 220 (non ESO+ cap.) but the bank space has been harder for me to do. I cleared out half my crates as well.

Game runs marginally better, the more work I do on this project. - Connected? I don't know. But I've had less crashes and log-in freezes over the last 36-48hrs or so than I was prior.

@ZOS_GinaBruno something to look at?
  • Jarrods32
    Jarrods32
    ✭✭✭
    There needs to be a fix from zos, cause I'm not deleting anything. they just need to fix the game or give an eso plus refund , since I cant play the game, every guild I'm in is having the same issue @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @zos
  • Aardappelboom
    Aardappelboom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah this is problematic, I actually never nag about any non-blocking bugs. But I just can't play right now, that's 3 days of useless eso+ and the weekend is starting, not to mention I was looking forward to the DM battlegrounds.
    Edited by Aardappelboom on September 24, 2021 5:41PM
  • Jarrods32
    Jarrods32
    ✭✭✭
    The part I find the most frustrating is the fact when crown store is bugged they will instantly take game offline for a fix. but game breaking bugs or worse in this case the dev team is nowhere and there is mo info being released about it. [snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 25, 2021 10:49AM
  • xepidemiikxxb14_ESO
    I bet if this was an issue with the crown store it would be fixed the same day.
This discussion has been closed.