The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Buff Magblade. Please.

• WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One of those rare times where I agree that NBs need some love. Yeah they're annoying in pvp, but there's a thousand and one ways to counter them.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Irisa37
    Irisa37
    Raeyleigh wrote: »
    I can survive for almost ever if i wish to, but there is a sharp difference between staying alive by permanently running away and staying alive while actually doing things.

This is my experience as well. I can stay alive running in a group in Gray Host by using Shadowy Disguise and Race against Time and then use Life Giver ultimate to heal me if I end up being detected and then get back into stealth. I can do this for a very long time, but that is all I am doing. If I come out of stealth switch to my front bar and actually try to kill anyone it tends to go wrong very quickly, unless there are a lot of other players on my side around. In a one-on-one fight, I lose most of the time because it takes too long to set up a burst combination and often way too easy to dodge Merciless Resolve. The class ultimates require getting too close to the enemy for a ranged magicka Nigthblade (my build) and even if I can get close to hit a small group with Soul Tether and time it with Mechanical Acuity, it does not fire fast enough and it gets avoided.

I do not think that healing is the major issue and I do not think that many of tjhe class abilities need changing that much at all. Asking for buffs to everything, as some are, is not the solution. There just need to be a few tweaks to help the class actually hit other players and deal damage when playing at range. I don't want to play Stamina Nightblade and I don't want to play as a bomber or melée magicka Nightblade ganker. It's proving very difficult to play how I want to play at the moment though. Ranged magicka Nightblades definitely need some help from ZoS in terms of dealing ranged damage.
  • Selot
    Selot
    ✭✭✭
    Still relevant
  • dookieboi
    dookieboi
    Soul Shriven
    I wish magblade had a reliable way on one of its skill lines to receive major sorcery besides Drain Power/Sap Essence. This ability feels horrible when you're trying to play a ranged version of magblade. I think someone mentioned putting major sorcery on siphoning strikes and I like that idea. Also, our abilities feel really predictable and easy to dodge roll, but other than that magblade feels decent.
    Speaks like Zeus. Smells like poops. Rage all over from his head to his shoes.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

We've closed this thread given its age and given that some information may be out of date, as the last post was September 2021. If you wish to continue discussing this topic please create a new thread. Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.