The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Scaling with highest stat?

Glantir
Glantir
✭✭✭✭
Can Bound Armaments please also scale with the highest offensive stat?

Glantir Sorcerer ~ Ebonheart Pact (EU)
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make everything scale with the highest stat, especially executioner so I can finally have an execute.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only if we can get dynamic scaling for Curse. :)
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still wish stam sorcs had air atronachs as a morph
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jodynn wrote: »

For RP/Theme, yeah.. but there is no longer anything holding back our ultimates like they once were. Originally it was an issue because despite all ultimates dynamically scaling, CP 1.0 seperated magicka and stamina damage related bonuses to the point where we were missing out on stats like 11% shock damage and 4k spell pen.

Now, I'm not as much concerned, but it still would be nice to have 1 of the 6 ultimates available to Sorc themed around air/wind/physical damage.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jodynn wrote: »

For RP/Theme, yeah.. but there is no longer anything holding back our ultimates like they once were. Originally it was an issue because despite all ultimates dynamically scaling, CP 1.0 seperated magicka and stamina damage related bonuses to the point where we were missing out on stats like 11% shock damage and 4k spell pen.

Now, I'm not as much concerned, but it still would be nice to have 1 of the 6 ultimates available to Sorc themed around air/wind/physical damage.

True, but like you said the theme and RP.

I play other games too, and I feel amazing with certain skills because they look catastrophically cool.

Yet, in ESO a lot of the times I feel wimpy even though I'm suppose to be a renowned hero and powerful figure parsing 100k+ DPS or dropping people in pvp with a really lame looking whip.

Whip looks like a limp noodle swinging. Entropy is literally just a line. Standard is cool enough I guess but not really my style. Leap is good when it works in PvP but useless in PvE. Eruption looks a bit like dust swirling. Engulfing flames is kind of cool but it's targeting it complete ***. Embers is cool but it always looks the same. It would be nice if it changed directions, maybe even horizontal and vertical instead of the always right to left diagonal. This is especially bad with spammables (like whip) because you are just doing the same thing over, and over, and over. Except a select few skills.

Also, WHY WHIP, am I cosplaying as Juste Belmont? Am I a dominatrix? No.

Point is, a lot of effects are lackluster, and using a storm atro as a stam sorcerer feels lackluster to me, and air atronach would make more sense thematically and would be unique to that playstyle.

Also last bit of rant.. for mag sorc, a scamp at max level is just.. really lame.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • Mapekz
    Mapekz
    ✭✭
    I added some thoughts about Thunder Caller regarding this, too. Thunder Caller has one of the most impressive lightning visual and sound effects I've experienced in any MMO. Now that it's going to be so heavily nerfed, it may never be used by a Stam Sorc in PvP again.

I would love if Mage's Fury used the Thunder Caller visual/sound effects, and was made to be more Stamina-/hybrid-friendly in some fashion, similar to the "Stamina Whip" treatment. It would be so sad to lose such an impressive and thematically-matching effect just because of the nerf to that item set when you would think a Sorcerer themselves would be able to cast down such impressive lightning on their own.