Maintenance for the week of April 1:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 1

Being prompted to verify email code every login!

WhyMustItBe
WhyMustItBe
✭✭✭✭✭
This was happening on the PTS, and after the last hotfix it seems to have gone live.

Every time I try to sign into the game, it says it forgot my computer/IP and that I must enter a code emailed to me (which takes ~30sec to arrive).

Is there something I can do to make this go away after confirming once? I don't use any security software that would trigger this.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on September 1, 2021 8:24PM
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ye it start happenign to me too. Verify IP when i want to login.
    Really sorry for my english
  • WhyMustItBe
    WhyMustItBe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I changed my account password thinking it might be a security check that was noticing I hadn't in 7 years and was just poorly documented/interactive and generating a generic check, but that has not solved the problem.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Can we get a word on whether this is intentional please? Most ISP's do not give you a static IP unless you specifically pay extra for it for hosting purposes so if this is simply caused by ISP changing dynamic IP of customers too quickly I would imagine that a LOT of people would be experiencing this.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @WhyMustItBe

It is possible something on your PC is triggering the access code check where our system believes your using a new device. Please go ahead and start a ticket with customer support so they can investigate into this issue.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • WhyMustItBe
    WhyMustItBe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE - Thanks for taking time to reply. Ticket number is: 210831-006715, put in this morning.

4QfvShV.jpg

As I mentioned in another thread, the problem is consistent and reproduceable: Launch game. Get above prompt. Check email, enter code. Immediately log out and close client. Re-launch client. Get same prompt for code. Wait for email again with new code, log in. This can be repeated infinitely. Nothing is changing in that ~ 30sec window each time.

I do not have any antivirus, firewall, VPN or other security software that could be causing this. My computer's OS is pretty bare bones.

The only thing I can think is that I did change the install directory a while back, but it was working without this problem until the most recent patch. Prior to that the error was happening on the PTS only.

This leads me to believe it was something in the actual client version that changed.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's happening since maintenance this week, both PCNA/EU. Other guildies have been getting prompt as well.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @WhyMustItBe

We've sent you a PM with an update on your open ticket.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post