The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Repair Costs?

• Greydog
    Greydog
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree ..costs are too high.

Remember to send in a /feedback on this if it is an issue for you.
    Edited by Greydog on April 12, 2014 2:26PM
    "I Plan on living forever ..so far so good"
    Sanguine's Disciple

Asylum Amoebaeus ..A refuge for those who normally fly solo.
    Message me here or in game for an invite
    Options
  • R0M2K
    R0M2K
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agree, degrades superfast & repair cost is astronomical.
    Options
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    It is a bit much. After about 2 hours of fighting and NOT dying, I always have a message about one of my armors being broken. 1k for armor repairs after 2 hours for a level 20 is crazy. I WOULD make new armor, but I'm finding that the ones I find are MUCH better now than what I can craft.
    Options
  • Windshadow_ESO
    Windshadow_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It would be fun if your own race gear degraded slower than if you were wearing gear of another races design. And perhaps if all of what you were wearing was of a matching motif you Gould get one of that races perks
    Options
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    How rarely do you repair your armor and how often are you dying?
    Average repair costs for me at level 50 is 700g, only ever over 1k once, and I only repair when i go back to town to clear my bags...
    Bloodline|RP Guild|Ebonheart Pact
    Options
  • Censorious
    Censorious
    ✭✭✭✭
    No. The repair costs are perfectly OK, I have no trouble paying for it. In fact I hardly notice the cost.

You just need to learn how it works. All of the people complaining have been wasting gold. Buying armour and weapons from merchants or the guild store is foolish. There are plenty of drops of 'adequate' standard and you can mostly de-construct the gear afterwards.
    Crafting low level gear is pointless and another expensive choice. You're far better off saving all the upgrade materials for when you get to lvl 50.

Any 'blue; drops you get of gear you don't need can go to the guild store and be bought by some other sucker. Yes - I've got your money!
    'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
    Options
  • manyrabidrats
    manyrabidrats
    ✭✭✭
    i use the xAutoRepair mod on Minion. only reparing the gear i'm using.. repair costs are NEVER over 300g @ level 15(there is an option to only repair equipped gear automatically when talking to merchants with this mod)
    EDIT: rolling as full heavy armor sorcerer
    Edited by manyrabidrats on April 12, 2014 2:35PM
    Options
  • manyrabidrats
    manyrabidrats
    ✭✭✭
    Kyosji wrote: »
    I WOULD make new armor, but I'm finding that the ones I find are MUCH better now than what I can craft.

this is only true if you dont improve or put your desired trait in the armor :)

Options
  • dmannz
    dmannz
    Soul Shriven
    Dunhilda wrote: »
    Stop dying all the time.

Fixed!

No really you can craft a new piece of gear every two levels and you'll do this all the way to 50, simply craft whites that'll do for now, I been running around with two to three piece of gear from time to time and still not getting killed I only die when I try to run past the mobs.

Lol have you been in Veteran mode without a group you tend to die alot because the mods are so much harder....... specially in public dungeons

Repair Cost must come down full stop........ at Veteran mode you don't want to keep crating your own gear its very expensive and heavy on matts....

Eso has to fix this otherwise over inflation is going to rise and people will start to leave the game.
    Options
  • DotAwkward
    Repair costs are fine as they are. Usually I will get new gear before I need to repair anything, and if I do get the message that one of my pieces is broken I just fix that piece.
    Do not use the repair all!! That will repair everything in your bags even if you aren't wearing it anymore and I could see how that would be pricey. Repair gear individually and the costs are fine.
    dmannz wrote: »
    Eso has to fix this otherwise over inflation is going to rise and people will start to leave the game.

This makes no sense. Inflation will rise if there is no money sink.
    Options
  • qwertyburnsb16_ESO
    qwertyburnsb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Repair costs are punitive. Fight naked where possible or with crap armour. Break down old armour and craft your own which is normally better than what you find or buy.
    Options
  • zhevon
    zhevon
    ✭✭✭✭
    The money sinks are too extreme - inventory (especially bank costs, don't actually mind the bag costs), repair costs and the costs of selling stuff.
    Options
  • Thunder
    Thunder
    ✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    The cost is absurd.

Yes! It should be free!

No... not good enough...

It should pay you! Every time your armor takes damage it should pay you!

Options
  • cromica81_ESO
    cromica81_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I have an auto repair mod that does it when ever i speak to a vendor and honestly i have never noticed it. Also you dont need to replace your gear every 2 levels just upgrade your weapon every 4 and you should be fine. Hell im 44 and i still wear green 38-40 gear and have zero issus completing anything.
    The repair costs are really the only thing I think is fine. It 28k for 10 bank slots that's ridiculous.
    Edited by cromica81_ESO on April 27, 2014 1:50PM
    Options
  • Thunder
    Thunder
    ✭✭✭
    Thesiren wrote: »
    Armor decay and death penalties are too high, yes.

Agreed. When I die I feel the game should give me a lollipop and kiss the boo boo away just like mommy used to. Big bad ole meany Tamriel... it's almost as if they expect you to somehow attempt to avoid dying or something. Ludicrous!
    Options
  • Anzer
    Anzer
    ✭✭✭
    I don't even drop while questing and my repair bills @ lvl 25 are unreasonable. Maybe if I exploded in a burst of gore and sadness every time a skeever sneezed at me, I could understand the cost. However, after fully repairing all of my armor, I went around Wayrest collecting provisioning ingredients from crates and when I went to a merchant, it asked if I wanted to repair all. I took durability damage from collecting items from crates in town.
    Does anyone else see a problem with this?
    NA Server:

Anzer - Nightblade Tank / Zander - Dragonknight Tank / Selvaria - Sorcerer Healer / Rozalin Black - Templar Healer
    Options
  • Darrett
    Darrett
    ✭✭✭✭
    I started putting all my money in the bank when I go out to quest. At low levels I never repaired my armor so I can't tell you what it was like at that point; but in the mid range I always end up far ahead.

Spending maybe 800-1200 in repairs, with 3-4k in gold in my bag after the night of adventuring.
    Options
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Censorious wrote: »
    No. The repair costs are perfectly OK, I have no trouble paying for it. In fact I hardly notice the cost.

You just need to learn how it works. All of the people complaining have been wasting gold. Buying armour and weapons from merchants or the guild store is foolish. There are plenty of drops of 'adequate' standard and you can mostly de-construct the gear afterwards.
    Crafting low level gear is pointless and another expensive choice. You're far better off saving all the upgrade materials for when you get to lvl 50.

Any 'blue; drops you get of gear you don't need can go to the guild store and be bought by some other sucker. Yes - I've got your money!

I read your post and it opens up by saying repair costs are perfectly ok.

But then it takes the time to list numerous ways of how to avoid having to pay them. That seems somewhat of a contradiction to me. Because if they truly were perfectly ok I don't see why you would have to take all these measures (such as scavenging gear and hoarding materials instead of crafting) to avoid paying it.
    Edited by Jeremy on April 27, 2014 4:01PM
    Options
  • txfeinbergsub17_ESO
    Repair costs are fine. Stop dying.
    Options
  • Tetujin
    Tetujin
    ✭✭✭
    They are too high if people are just avoiding them. How can you claim they are a gold sink in that case?

White item repair costs should be dramatically reduced, and scaled up based on the quality.
    Options
  • Tetujin
    Tetujin
    ✭✭✭

They degrade without dying, as was said quite a few times already.
    Options
  • txfeinbergsub17_ESO

They degrade without dying, as was said quite a few times already.

But they degrade a lot faster if you die. I played for 3 hours last night and my repair cost was 110 gold. Completed 4 combat heavy quests as well.
    Options
  • Xemnas
    Xemnas
    ✭✭
    As a tank it becomes very costly. Mainly due to the constant degrading from taking damage. I'm VR2 and i have about 2k gold repair cost.

I solved my problem by *Drum Roll....* Not repairing. Yes, I simply stopped repairing. As a sorcerer we have a abilitie that gives a 1000 toggleable armor boost. I pair that with a 10 second 2k armor boost. When i go into dungeons, I repair.

Thank you to those who have posted good feedback on this subject.
    Options