The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Please add faction lock to the non cp no Proc campaign.

• neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Yeah, not going to zerg you guys down with the rest of AD, just not any fun. Was good fights with LoM, CB, 3.5, Impact and AoC on the map but it’s just depressing now, and outside groups are less likely to guest over when it’s no proc

I'll admit I've appreciated not having a ball group to fight on top of the faction stack. But I miss the fun fights.

Larcomar wrote: »
    Seems a bit counter productive to me. While I prefer faction lock, thats what GH is for. Whether we like it or not, Zos has decided to make Ravenwatch the newbie server and, if you want to draw people into pvp, you want to give them as many options as possible. Personally, I wish they'd adjust impen / battlespirit a bit more so people can wear their pve sets in. Make it as accessible as possible, maybe more people will pvp. Icereach is fine and dandy but levelling to 50 is so fast nowadays I suspect most people never get there to try it out.

I'm not sure if it does draw them in more tho. Look at what happened last campaign in Raven where AD had an insurmountable lead halfway through because they had 2 factions worth of pop. So everyone besides the dedicated PvPers just stopped coming in.
  • Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭
    No-proc, no hammer, no CP campaign with faction locks? Bring it on!
  • RaikaNA
    RaikaNA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play with 2 guilds on Ravenwatch (PC/NA) and both mained AD which has been the dominant faction over the previous campaign (last 30 days since it just ended). One guild (Tertiary Meat) has switched to DC to combat the fact that AD almost always has scrolls, emp, and 1-2 bars more population when we log in. The other guild (Lemon Party) has basically stopped PVPing -- we will be in GH next update, at least until New World launches.

With the launch of U31 and Raven becoming no proc, we suspect that while AD will more likely maintain their population others will suffer, so very likely TM will stay on DC side (we can't get people to roll EP toons).

Some groups don't always need to be on the winning side.

I don't know when you log in, but I do during prime time hours... The map is usually garbage on AD side.... Especially last night when DC ball groups were on the prowl. I don't think DC needs yet... another ballgroup to help the faction out.. not sure why TM keeps changing alliances like that when there is no AD on.
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if it does draw them in more tho. Look at what happened last campaign in Raven where AD had an insurmountable lead halfway through because they had 2 factions worth of pop. So everyone besides the dedicated PvPers just stopped coming in.

I don't know. I mean, I'm certainly not one of the hardcore, but I pvp pretty much every day. I honestly not only don't care what the score is, I usually don't *know* what it is. And I couldn't tell you who "won" the last campaign. As far as I can tell, the campaign score is entirely determined by who nightcaps the map, and it's something I have absolutely no control over.

I say that because, if I don't care, I really wonder if you're average pve'rs thinking about trying cyro out is going to. Or even know what it means. I'd guess they just look at the bars to see if there's other people pvping and then look at the map to see where the action is.

My hunch is - and it is just a hunch - that if you make it easy for people to poke their head in and they have fun they might just stay. But if you put up a load of barriers to entry theyre prob not going to bother, or pop in, tag some forts for D ticks and then scuttle out.

At the moment, there are a lot of barriers to entry for pvp. You need to farm / craft new gear. You need to research and poss morph different skills. Adding a faction lock is just one more. I'd guess most people have multiple toons from multiple alliances. I'd prefer to let them try them all out, see which they like, than say, if you play this toon on this campaign you won't be able to play you're others for a month...

If we're honest though, we're all just guessing here. I think the only thing we know for sure is that the pvp pop is a bit small and probably shrinking. Much as I hate to lose raven, I think a newbie server isn't a half bad idea. I just think that, if they're going to go down that road, they might as well do it properly, and make it as easy as possible for people to try it out.

edit - I really can't do quotes
    Edited by Larcomar on August 19, 2021 9:21AM
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RaikaNA wrote: »
    I play with 2 guilds on Ravenwatch (PC/NA) and both mained AD which has been the dominant faction over the previous campaign (last 30 days since it just ended). One guild (Tertiary Meat) has switched to DC to combat the fact that AD almost always has scrolls, emp, and 1-2 bars more population when we log in. The other guild (Lemon Party) has basically stopped PVPing -- we will be in GH next update, at least until New World launches.

With the launch of U31 and Raven becoming no proc, we suspect that while AD will more likely maintain their population others will suffer, so very likely TM will stay on DC side (we can't get people to roll EP toons).

I don't know when you log in, but I do during prime time hours... The map is usually garbage on AD side.... Especially last night when DC ball groups were on the prowl. I don't think DC needs yet... another ballgroup to help the faction out.. not sure why TM keeps changing alliances like that when there is no AD on.

We started at 8:30 pm eastern US time. AD had emperor, 4 emp keeps , and 5 scrolls, so we figured our best bet to get consistent fights was to log into DC with our group of 9 people. Each faction had 2 bars of population at this point but AD very quickly went to 3 bars first. Eventually it was 3 bars across the board so each side had plenty of people online.

Once the new update drops next week it will be interesting to see where the populations settle , and then once more after the laonch of New World .
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My guild no longer runs because AD consistently has emperor, all scrolls, the map painted yellow, 3 bars of population to the other faction's 1 (or sometimes 2). Nothing left to do but murder the 8 of so EP who show up at Arrius only to get zerged down. ZOs probably made Raven no proc because it's dead and they want to see if it will bring some life into it]
    Edited by Joy_Division on August 19, 2021 5:42PM
  • RaikaNA
    RaikaNA
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We started at 8:30 pm eastern US time. AD had emperor, 4 emp keeps , and 5 scrolls, so we figured our best bet to get consistent fights was to log into DC with our group of 9 people. Each faction had 2 bars of population at this point but AD very quickly went to 3 bars first. Eventually it was 3 bars across the board so each side had plenty of people online.

Once the new update drops next week it will be interesting to see where the populations settle , and then once more after the laonch of New World .

I beg the differ.. Which megaserver are you guys playing on anyways? EU or NA? The scores tell a different story than what you're trying to say.

The screenshots were taken today... 8/19/2021 taken at 8:26PM EST.
    DC has a much significant lead in the campaign.. If AD always has emp and all the scrolls.. why are we in second place on the leaderboard? Why is it that DC is in first rather than last.. or second?

2fa1jLB.png
    mRQeXgc.png

This is exactly why faction lock is a must during an ongoing campaign.. What TM is doing is hopping on the winning side, sad to say.
  • RaikaNA
    RaikaNA
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My guild no longer runs because AD consistently has emperor, all scrolls, the map painted yellow, 3 bars of population to the other faction's 1 (or sometimes 2). Nothing left to do but murder the 8 of so EP who show up at Arrius only to get zerged down. ZOs probably made Raven no proc because it's dead and they want to see if it will bring some life into it]

Look at the screenshots I've posted up... If AD consistently has emp, has all scrolls, map is painted yellow with 3 bars.. why is DC in first place by a large number of points? You're not exactly telling the truth when DC is ahead by a large amount.
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Look at the screenshots I've posted up... If AD consistently has emp, has all scrolls, map is painted yellow with 3 bars.. why is DC in first place by a large number of points? You're not exactly telling the truth when DC is ahead by a large amount.

Dude this is from this camp which just started. Last camp AD was up 100k+ to 70k. It looks like the pops have redistributed in DC's favor. I honestly would prefer if they were better distributed
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Dude this is from this camp which just started. Last camp AD was up 100k+ to 70k. It looks like the pops have redistributed in DC's favor. I honestly would prefer if they were better distributed

Yea, but this design of PvP is never intended to be truly competitive as there is no way to even out the teams without creating other issues. As such, with or without faction lock it will still be imbalanced and groups can come in during off-hours and run the map easily.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So instead of AD having emp, all the scrolls, an unassailable lead, and painting the map yellow, now it's DC and blue? That still tells me the campaign is terrible, unenjoyable, population is too low, etc., and thus doesn't change a thing.

I am 100% telling the truth. Regardless of what happened on 8/19, that does not change the fact in the previous campaign AD constantly had emp, all the scrolls, still defended Arrius Vs. a one bar EP. This wasn't a one night thing or a before prime time thing. For two weeks straight we'd log in at 8:30 and wait until 9:30 to see if things got better and they didn't. Looks like what goes around comes around.
    Edited by Joy_Division on August 20, 2021 4:17AM
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @RaikaNA I figured out the issue: You are talking about Tuesday night and I was talking about Wednesday night. TM only plays Sun/Wed, so we weren't on Tuesday which I had heard from others it was pretty bad for AD. Sorry for the confusion.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally don't think there should be faction lock. I used to main ravenwatch a few years back on ps4 na and EP would typically own the map 24/7 but there would be some ep players who would switch to other factions and help the gated alliances get their home keeps back because they want to keep the campaign active.
    Locking it just means people who want to play on winning factions are constantly gonna gate the losing alliances even if they have literally 1 keep and zero scrolls, it honestly just serves to make it easier to kill a campaign. No faction locking means you can faction swap to a losing faction and help push them and keep the map moving. Sure spies or whatever but in all honesty a few spies is really meaningless in the grand scheme.
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • MadeInVN
    MadeInVN
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    Amottica wrote: »
    Please do not as I do have guildmates that generally PvP in a different faction but join us when we go into Cyrodiil. I doubt "faction flippers" are large in numbers as changes in population are more likely just timing.

You can encourage your guildmembers to purchase alliance change tokens from the crown store if you really do want to migrate to this new campaign. Gray host is the only faction-locked campaign. You do have other varieties to choose from to pvp with your guildies.

Yes, faction flippers are a big problem in a non-faction-locked campaign. A while ago my guild was playing in Blackreach.. spent few hours trying to emp our AD faction... come to find out that the first in line emp... after we emp him was playing on EP fighting against us... The very people who spent hours in the campaign to emp him.

We need a non CP faction lock campaign.. this is a perfect opportunity to have one.

Or we can have the campaign unlocked.

Also, we will have to agree to disagree about the effect of the so-called "faction flippers" since neither of us has actual evidence it is or is not an issue. It is just hearsay or opinion-based.

Have a good day and enjoy the game.

I feel like I'm a talking parrot since I'm repeating myself over and over again... YOU HAVE other campaigns to choose from if you want to PvP in non-faction locked campaigns. We only have 1 SINGLE campaign that is faction locked, and that campaign is quite difficult to get into during prime time.

You don't know what you're talking about. I feel that you lack of experience in AvA campaigns...You sound like a casual player, and not furthermore. I've just explained to you just how bad faction flipping is, but you just outright ignored it.

There are only 3 cyrodiil campaigns for lvl 50+ PvPers, and 1 of them is faction locked. Where exactly are these "other campaigns"? If you mean IC then I don't think it's fair because it's a PvPvE zone.