Please add faction lock to the non cp no Proc campaign.

RaikaNA
RaikaNA
✭✭✭✭✭
Currently speaking gray host is the only campaign that is faction locked. Please make this new campaign faction locked so that we can actually enjoy this campaign without the faction flippers.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please do not as I do have guildmates that generally PvP in a different faction but join us when we go into Cyrodiil. I doubt "faction flippers" are large in numbers as changes in population are more likely just timing.
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im not a fan of faction locks as they are. They do help thwart spies and trolls, but that could be achieved with a 4 hour lockout without sacrificing the flexibility of non locked campaigns.

" I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • RaikaNA
    RaikaNA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    Please do not as I do have guildmates that generally PvP in a different faction but join us when we go into Cyrodiil. I doubt "faction flippers" are large in numbers as changes in population are more likely just timing.

You can encourage your guildmembers to purchase alliance change tokens from the crown store if you really do want to migrate to this new campaign. Gray host is the only faction-locked campaign. You do have other varieties to choose from to pvp with your guildies.

Yes, faction flippers are a big problem in a non-faction-locked campaign. A while ago my guild was playing in Blackreach.. spent few hours trying to emp our AD faction... come to find out that the first in line emp... after we emp him was playing on EP fighting against us... The very people who spent hours in the campaign to emp him.

We need a non CP faction lock campaign.. this is a perfect opportunity to have one.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    RaikaNA wrote: »

You can encourage your guildmembers to purchase alliance change tokens from the crown store if you really do want to migrate to this new campaign. Gray host is the only faction-locked campaign. You do have other varieties to choose from to pvp with your guildies.

Yes, faction flippers are a big problem in a non-faction-locked campaign. A while ago my guild was playing in Blackreach.. spent few hours trying to emp our AD faction... come to find out that the first in line emp... after we emp him was playing on EP fighting against us... The very people who spent hours in the campaign to emp him.

We need a non CP faction lock campaign.. this is a perfect opportunity to have one.

Or we can have the campaign unlocked.

Also, we will have to agree to disagree about the effect of the so-called "faction flippers" since neither of us has actual evidence it is or is not an issue. It is just hearsay or opinion-based.

Have a good day and enjoy the game.
  • RaikaNA
    RaikaNA
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Also, we will have to agree to disagree about the effect of the so-called "faction flippers" since neither of us has actual evidence it is or is not an issue. It is just hearsay or opinion-based.

I feel like I'm a talking parrot since I'm repeating myself over and over again... YOU HAVE other campaigns to choose from if you want to PvP in non-faction locked campaigns. We only have 1 SINGLE campaign that is faction locked, and that campaign is quite difficult to get into during prime time.

You don't know what you're talking about. I feel that you lack of experience in AvA campaigns...You sound like a casual player, and not furthermore. I've just explained to you just how bad faction flipping is, but you just outright ignored it.
    Edited by RaikaNA on July 12, 2021 2:18AM
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im not a fan of faction locks as they are. They do help thwart spies and trolls, but that could be achieved with a 4 hour lockout without sacrificing the flexibility of non locked campaigns.

I don't mind lockouts for a less trolly campaign, but I'd be happy with a timed one. Though I'm not sure how good even four hours would do. The problem we have is a group flipping keeps and taking scrolls early in the morning on one faction, then they go and join EP in the afternoon when they are the busiest and get it all back. It's absurd.
    Personally I say pick one faction and stick with it. It's the only way to prevent this kind of exploitation.
    Edited by Alucardo on July 12, 2021 4:12AM
  • confettibae
    confettibae
    ✭✭
    I don’t play on no onions sauce on the side camp but almost everyone I know save one person thinks everything should be faction locked except one camp-not the other way around. so guildies can play with their friends in one camp, and everyone else can play for their teams.

I understand the reasoning of not having everything faction locked, having one unlocked camp is more than enough. I would be in GH but my computer can’t handle it on weekends and it’s usually got a long queue (if that doesn’t tell you how many ppl would prefer faction locked lol)
  • Marcus_Aurelius
    Marcus_Aurelius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sometime I wonder if people understand the meaning of "add".
    I see all the time people giving negative response as if "adding" something would take away choices from them.

You understand that if they would "add" a new faction locked campiagn you could stay in the non faction locked one, right?
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I feel like I'm a talking parrot since I'm repeating myself over and over again... YOU HAVE other campaigns to choose from if you want to PvP in non-faction locked campaigns. We only have 1 SINGLE campaign that is faction locked, and that campaign is quite difficult to get into during prime time.

You don't know what you're talking about. I feel that you lack of experience in AvA campaigns...You sound like a casual player, and not furthermore. I've just explained to you just how bad faction flipping is, but you just outright ignored it.

I have merely pointed out the very fact that the logic being presented applies both ways. The clear reality of this discussion is that Zenimax will choose to make this campaign locked or not locked and those who did not get their way will have your advice to follow.

Further, the point made to demonstrate the "faction flipping" is a big problem is an example where one person swapped factions. I seriously doubt that one playing in a different campaign had a significantly measurable effect on the outcome of battles that day. That is unless they are the best PvP player by a remarkable measure. Further, someone changing factions when the campaign is pop-capped has no effect since the campaign is pop-capped. When it is not pop-capped then there is no balanced and demonstrates how large-scale AvAvA like we have in Cyrodiil is not designed to be competitive to start with.

Heck, considering the campaigns are active 24 hours a day and much of the off-peak hours allow groups to go in and do whatever they want, take all the keeps, resources, and scrolls, with most of the campaigns has a much greater impact on the outcome of a Cyrodiil campaign than being able to play in more than one faction.

So yes, it does seem I have an understanding of AvA, more than a casual player might have. Again, what we have here is a difference of opinion and perspective, and nothing more, nothing less.

But I digress. I respect your opinion and merely ask that you respect mine.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for this discusion. I do hope that however, Zenimax chooses to handle this new campaign that we all enjoy it.
    Edited by Amottica on July 13, 2021 4:23AM
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The biggest beneficiaries of non locked campaigns are boosters and griefers. It makes BR unappealing quite often, which is why so many accept the performance hit of GH. Saying otherwise is just denying reality. I do understand guildies swapping just to play with one another but here's the thing.

Cyrodiil is the last bastion of the Alliance war. Before One Tamrial, your alliance actually mattered. In PVP it's supposed to still matter, but it doesn't because people are allowed to cross faction team.

You've never lived into you're stealthed out and a fellow alliance member runs around you to signal the siege where to fire.

Or watch someone switch to grab the opposing scroll or hammer to deliver it to their buddies.

Or have to stop communicating with other groups because so and so user is on and they're a known spy.

Now that we have alliance change tokens, I think BR should be locked too. Will it negatively impact a small number of players? Yes. Will it lead to better balance between GH and BR? Absolutely.

Edited by DrSlaughtr on July 13, 2021 9:36PM
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to agree.

My guild gets followed by unknown to us 'friendlies' and miraculously no matter where we go, no matter how random, a certain opposition faction always shows up 3 min later.

There's been a lot of blatant AP swapping, Emps that appear out of nowhere then bugger off back to their usual alliance, hammer trolls and other nonsense like this.

Pick a side and go with it. Don't hand me "oh I'm just looking for fights". You aren't because there's plenty of ways to get fights without faction hopping.

And for the love of the 8 just make a new campaign for the no proc/no cp campaign. If it fail, it fails and the whingers can shut up. If if flourishes then I will shut up.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People still want lock even though it's been proven to do nothing positive for the game?

Wow...
  • Daffen
    Daffen
    ✭✭✭✭
    blktauna wrote: »
    I have to agree.

My guild gets followed by unknown to us 'friendlies' and miraculously no matter where we go, no matter how random, a certain opposition faction always shows up 3 min later.

There's been a lot of blatant AP swapping, Emps that appear out of nowhere then bugger off back to their usual alliance, hammer trolls and other nonsense like this.

Pick a side and go with it. Don't hand me "oh I'm just looking for fights". You aren't because there's plenty of ways to get fights without faction hopping.

And for the love of the 8 just make a new campaign for the no proc/no cp campaign. If it fail, it fails and the whingers can shut up. If if flourishes then I will shut up.

Rich stated in one of his last streams they will pay close attention to the population in no proc no cp campaign to see if they need to add regular no cp back. His twitch name is slashlurk and last part of latest video he answers some questions.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    People still want lock even though it's been proven to do nothing positive for the game?

Wow...

Not having faction-lock just means that it's easier for zerglings to bandwagon over to the leading side and destroy the population balance of a campaign.

In Ravenwatch we have seen this first-hand with heaps of traditionally EP players bandwagoning over to AD after they seized the early lead.

Thanks to not having faction-lock, EP is basically permanently single-bar while AD is permanently locked and faction-stacking the whole campaign.

People say that they want to play with their friends on other alliances but in reality most opponents of faction-lock just want to zerg with the winning team.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree for faction lock. Anyone against it probably is enjoying emp flipping and AP farming as you watch the unlocked campaigns entire map rotate color
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rainbow warriors cause imbalances in camp populations.
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People say that they want to play with their friends on other alliances but in reality most opponents of faction-lock just want to zerg with the winning team.
    They want to play with their friends on other alliances to zerg with the winning team together.

1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow...

Not having faction-lock just means that it's easier for zerglings to bandwagon over to the leading side and destroy the population balance of a campaign.

In Ravenwatch we have seen this first-hand with heaps of traditionally EP players bandwagoning over to AD after they seized the early lead.

Thanks to not having faction-lock, EP is basically permanently single-bar while AD is permanently locked and faction-stacking the whole campaign.

Ravenwatch is basically unplayable as anything but AD right now because of this. And I don't mean this to sound whiny. It is just literally impossible to get anything done on the map right now.
    Edited by neferpitou73 on August 11, 2021 3:31AM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow...

Ravenwatch is basically unplayable as anything but AD right now because of this. And I don't mean this to sound whiny. It is just literally impossible to get anything done on the map right now.

Ravenwatch is unplayable because ESO is so laggy/homogenized/unfun/bland/pick your own word that people have moved on and don't log on to play on the server anymore.
    Edited by Joy_Division on August 12, 2021 1:42PM
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They want to play with their friends on other alliances to zerg with the winning team together.

Perosonally, I don't care either way, if the campaign is boring I simply won't play it. As it is, what's on PTS will be a disaster for PvP balance anyway, leading me to take that time and read some books instead. The game is better to play when you've been away for a few months.

Also, lock doesn't really affect me and hasn't. My entire group in GH plays on all factions anyway anytime they want in it, despite the "lock." Been balancing that score so the campaign doesn't rot like the others.

It's not the only group like that either.

Same thing will happen in that locked campaign, because anyone that really cares about PvP doesn't care about score or faction loyalty to the point where they rather deprive themselves of quality PvP or an opportunity to have fun for a restrictive environment that really protects no one, protects nothing, and accomplishes nothing.

Locked campaigns turn toxic too, and when it happens you gonna see that multi-faction happen anyway and force that toxicity to stop, just like Greyhost PC NA.
  • RaikaNA
    RaikaNA
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow...

Ravenwatch is unplayable because ESO is so laggy/homogenized/unfun/bland/pick your own word that people have moved on and don't log on to play on the server anymore.

Ravenwatch PC/NA server it's unplayable at the moment because DC decided to go all ball group. Not fun when you're playing as a mag character only to be stunned for 30 secs (unable to get out of it) then get negated and get 5 separate ultimates dumped on you at the same time.. oh and how can I forget... vicious death.. ball groups gotta have that too. What kind of fighting is that? It's just terrible.
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow...

Ravenwatch PC/NA server it's unplayable at the moment because DC decided to go all ball group. Not fun when you're playing as a mag character only to be stunned for 30 secs (unable to get out of it) then get negated and get 5 separate ultimates dumped on you at the same time.. oh and how can I forget... vicious death.. ball groups gotta have that too. What kind of fighting is that? It's just terrible.

Lol I had the same thing happen to me last night...when I was fighting the AD zerg. Performance is a different issue entirely I don't think you'll get any disagreement that it needs to be fixed and as I've commented numerous times ball groups are not the cause of that. But that's not the topic of this thread.

I was just commenting on how the lack of faction lock has contributed to one (two?) factions being entirely stacked and the other feebly trying to get some action with what little players they have (EP: "Notice me AD/DC Senpai!"). It's sucked all the fun out of the campaign
    Edited by neferpitou73 on August 15, 2021 2:28AM
  • temerley
    temerley
    ✭✭✭
    Lots of people do not know what they’re saying, alliance lock bad? Probably people that don’t pvp much, lmao. Greyhost is almost always pop locked for a reason and we all know it’s not the server performance.
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    temerley wrote: »
    Lots of people do not know what they’re saying, alliance lock bad? Probably people that don’t pvp much, lmao. Greyhost is almost always pop locked for a reason and we all know it’s not the server performance.

We also know it's not lock.
    We also know it's still a toxic cesspool.
    We also know that most streamers appear in there.
    We also know that ball groups also appear there.
    We also know that Greyhost being locked all the time is not true at all times of the day, nor is it true for every platform.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People run GH for two reasons.

Big battles
    Alliance lock

People like being able to coordinate in zone chat without worrying that rainbow warriors helping their buddies boost at some resource ratting them out.

They like it so much they put up with all the drawbacks of GH rather than spread the population to BR.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I play with 2 guilds on Ravenwatch (PC/NA) and both mained AD which has been the dominant faction over the previous campaign (last 30 days since it just ended). One guild (Tertiary Meat) has switched to DC to combat the fact that AD almost always has scrolls, emp, and 1-2 bars more population when we log in. The other guild (Lemon Party) has basically stopped PVPing -- we will be in GH next update, at least until New World launches.

With the launch of U31 and Raven becoming no proc, we suspect that while AD will more likely maintain their population others will suffer, so very likely TM will stay on DC side (we can't get people to roll EP toons).

Some groups don't always need to be on the winning side.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    I play with 2 guilds on Ravenwatch (PC/NA) and both mained AD which has been the dominant faction over the previous campaign (last 30 days since it just ended). One guild (Tertiary Meat) has switched to DC to combat the fact that AD almost always has scrolls, emp, and 1-2 bars more population when we log in. The other guild (Lemon Party) has basically stopped PVPing -- we will be in GH next update, at least until New World launches.

With the launch of U31 and Raven becoming no proc, we suspect that while AD will more likely maintain their population others will suffer, so very likely TM will stay on DC side (we can't get people to roll EP toons).

Some groups don't always need to be on the winning side.

Lol we were wondering where LP went to...
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, not going to zerg you guys down with the rest of AD, just not any fun. Was good fights with LoM, CB, 3.5, Impact and AoC on the map but it’s just depressing now, and outside groups are less likely to guest over when it’s no proc
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems a bit counter productive to me. While I prefer faction lock, thats what GH is for. Whether we like it or not, Zos has decided to make Ravenwatch the newbie server and, if you want to draw people into pvp, you want to give them as many options as possible. Personally, I wish they'd adjust impen / battlespirit a bit more so people can wear their pve sets in. Make it as accessible as possible, maybe more people will pvp. Icereach is fine and dandy but levelling to 50 is so fast nowadays I suspect most people never get there to try it out.