The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

War Maiden, Silks of the Sun... Standardising damage type boosting sets ?

Moncc
Moncc
Soul Shriven
Exhibit A : https://eso-sets.com/set/war-maiden
Exhibit B : https://eso-sets.com/set/silks-of-the-sun

At some point, War Maiden got a buff of 200 spell damage for a total of 600, while similar sets (Silks for fire damage, Ysgramor's for ice, and some set for lightning maybe) remain on a lower value of 400. Even Spider Cultist, boosting another sub-set of abilities, the destruction line, has a value of 600.
With Diamond's out of the equation for some classes due to a questionable "bug" fix, War Maiden proved a solid option for magplars. Silks could be a perfect fit for magdk, and maybe Ysgramor's for magden if frost damage keeps getting buffed. The issue resides in the low-ish 5p bonus value that is not in line with War Maiden, and we know you guys at ZOS love standardisation.

tldr: plz buff Silks and similar sets, it has a niche that really needs it
  • Jackey
    Jackey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    War Maiden doesn't buff light and heavy attacks. Unless you're using a resto staff.

It's probably the reason why the mentioned sets didn't get the same buff. (They buff destro light and heavies)
    Edited by Jackey on August 18, 2021 7:00PM
    PS | EU
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    war maiden is pretty limited as it buffs only magica damage, not elemental damage.

I was impressed by it on a magplar just spamming punkturing strikes, but meanwhile replaced it with NMA as that one is a better allrounder, increasing all kind of spell damage including staff attacks.
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    war maiden is pretty limited as it buffs only magica damage, not elemental damage.

I was impressed by it on a magplar just spamming punkturing strikes, but meanwhile replaced it with NMA as that one is a better allrounder, increasing all kind of spell damage including staff attacks.

Not to mention; heals.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DK exists and that would almost be the equivalent of giving them a Clever Alchemist proc 100% of the time. Keep in mind elemental damage types are the primary movers and shakers in ESO with things like the magic damage status effect being relatively new. Also as Jackey pointed out the best DPS magic weapon currently is the flame staff and that'll boost the light and heavy attack damage from it.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Moncc
    Moncc
    Soul Shriven
    Vevvev wrote: »
    DK exists and that would almost be the equivalent of giving them a Clever Alchemist proc 100% of the time. Keep in mind elemental damage types are the primary movers and shakers in ESO with things like the magic damage status effect being relatively new. Also as Jackey pointed out the best DPS magic weapon currently is the flame staff and that'll boost the light and heavy attack damage from it.

Fair point, the potential OPness in pvp is the best way to set the forums on fire
  • Moncc
    Moncc
    Soul Shriven
    I just remembered something, according to the balance team, from the pts notes 7.1.3, light/heavy attacks are not abilities, thus there is no difference between Silks and War Maiden

3m01izcil4d6.png
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm almost positive that silks/ysgramors/netch boost light attacks damage, regardless of the verbiage used.

I can't confirm as I haven't used one of those sets in a very long time.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buffing these elemental sets to the same 600 would be fine. They still wouldn’t give enough burst to be meta in PvP, and give no self healing.

In PvE, Silks of the Sun for example would need to be used front bar (because Bahsei is meta body/jewelry). On MagDK, about 75% of damage is done while on front bar, so that 600 effectively becomes 450 Spell Damage. Compare that to the 492 Spell Damage on Elemental Succession’s 5pc (which does carry over while on back bar, affects 3 elements, and is still not a meta set).

Taking it a step further, even MagDK is not 100% fire damage. Looking at some of the top parses it appears 93% Fire is a fair number. Therefore Silks only results in 0.93 x 450 = 418 Spell Damage. Compare that to Diamond Victory’s 437. It’s actually a little worse since DV’s better 2-4 piece bonuses give an edge of approx 40 Spell Damage equivalent over Silks, so it’s more like

437 - 418 + 40 = 59 Spell Damage advantage to DV over hypothetical buffed Silks of the Sun. In other words, a MagDK in the proposed 600 Silks + Bahsei would still do about 0.7% less damage than one in DV + Bahsei.

Obviously this is showing the best case class and set. Netch and Ysgramor are much less viable for single elemental builds, and IMO 600 wouldn’t be nearly enough to save them. In the end all 3 are going to remain RP sets, I just don’t see any reason to keep these players with theme builds so far behind.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on August 19, 2021 6:11PM
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moncc wrote: »
    I just remembered something, according to the balance team, from the pts notes 7.1.3, light/heavy attacks are not abilities, thus there is no difference between Silks and War Maiden

3m01izcil4d6.png

For sets like Automaton , Netch's Touch , Silk of the Sun and Ysgramor light attacks are considered as abilities mentioned in their description. ZoS just likes to be inconsistent with their phrasing when justyfying certain changes. Mentioned "core combat skills" are included in most of the sets and passives that use the word "ability".
  • Andre_Noir
    Andre_Noir
    ✭✭✭✭
    The whole story of fire/ice/lightning sets should be gone. This sets just a waste of space in already low amount of offensive magicka sets. Also there is no excuse for making such gimmick sets like frostbite that require a "new" spammable for being at least remotely viable.
    Until they turn all magicka spammables into one element the story will remain the same.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jackey wrote: »
    War Maiden doesn't buff light and heavy attacks. Unless you're using a resto staff.

It's probably the reason why the mentioned sets didn't get the same buff. (They buff destro light and heavies)

I call this bull notch, especaily with a set like succession laying around provding more damage than yasgamore, silk, netch and still buffs LA and HA. It is just lazy, too much work that is all.

https://eso-sets.com/set/elemental-succession