The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Hardest Mag class to do well with in pvp right now.

xHotguy6pack
xHotguy6pack
✭✭✭
What is the hardest Mag class to do well with as a whole in cyrodiil and reasoning *This includes being a healer as well as dps*
Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 10, 2021 12:48PM

Hardest Mag class to do well with in pvp right now. 136 votes

Dragonknight
31%
WingSorakaShaloknirDrSlaughtrmmtaniacredspecter23gamma71Vevvevsix2fallJackeyWaffennachtAthrys5Freakin_HytteadirondackblkjagWaltherCarrawayvesselwiththepestleWildRaptorXOJCOMMANDOperfiction 43 votes
Templar
3%
lolo_01b16_ESOamir412jerj6925ValabrogNevidyra 5 votes
Nightblade
36%
SolarikenGilvothmilesrodneymcneely2_ESOStxKayshaRagnaroek93BrrrofskiNagualVTimeDazzlerSoulKing32geonsocalAsardesTheCaptainJoshred_emuLadislaogrannas211mereviedominguero96Odin_OMiyukiShiba 50 votes
Necromancer
5%
pavlaprovazGhostEngineOcelot9xkatorgaEtTuBrutusSephyrTogal 7 votes
Warden
10%
hexnoticHegronAbyssmolSpurius_LuciliusPeacatcherThePedgeESO_Nightingaleallan0nprice101610Alchimiste1NotTaylorSwifttaugrimToxicOutrageRoylund 14 votes
Sorcerer
3%
IdinusexMauiWauiPhoenixGreyViewsfrom6ixIppokrates 5 votes
They are all bad so just play stam.
8%
MahabahabthaCillion3117meekeyceemikey_reachKatlefiyaUrvothThoragaalWyrd88Eevee_42LtClungeXMerllowAdamLAD 12 votes
  • Rossmann
    Rossmann
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    Prob MagNB, you are either bomber or the casualty.
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    Ay, I didn't get the question. The harders as the weakest. Then sure, people are right - DK.
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    Well Magblade is very weak compared since a while, MagDK is also very low. But at least the later will be pretty strong next patch I think. The armor changes really help MagDK a lot, you could run 3 3 1 and would have everything you wish for on a DK. Also Corrosive armor will grant both pens then, so thats a big win as well.
    Edited by L_Nici on August 10, 2021 9:51AM
    A very special girl

PC|EU
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonknight
    Nightblade can at least bomb and has cloak, though if you aren't using invis morph then it's closer to mag DK in terms of badness.

With CP system heavily biased against DKs and DoTs in general (all the stars that grant benefits for DoTs being on, reduce their duration, and cleansing revival), it's not surprising that both mag DK and mag NB will top the list since both share the common theme of DoT + burst design.

Then couple into it, that even in no-CP, there is nothing that mag DK is really good at, skill cost is bad, sustain bad, etc. and it's not surprising that people don't like it.

Mag DK has a spammable, but in real combat your real spammable happens to be light and heavy attacks...How class-defining.
  • ImSoPro
    ImSoPro
    ✭✭✭
    Dragonknight
    Ippokrates wrote: »
    Ay, I didn't get the question. The harders as the weakest. Then sure, people are right - DK.
    It literally says “hardest TO DO WELL WITH” lmao
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No comment about healing, but regarding DD, in terms of AP gains and consistent strategic victory in Cyrodiil, the two most powerful classes in Greyhost on my server seem to be MagBlade and MagCro

I know there's a number of qualifiers to that statement, a number of limitations on the way these classes can be effectively played, but it doesn't change the fact - no other classes can hold a candle to these two in terms of their potential AP per minute in the DD role, from what I've seen this patch.

That's not to say I've forgotten the state of MagBlade in No Procrodiil - probably the least powerful class, or close to it - and probably getting hit the hardest with the global reduction to damage, maybe second after StamBlade.

Edited by Urzigurumash on August 10, 2021 4:08PM
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    If you're talking solo (non-bombing) play then the clear answer to this is Nightblade - only the highest skill-cap players can currently succeed on the class and they would probably win harder using any other class.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonknight
    I main a magDK and have played some Sorc and NB so I might be a bit biased in my answer, but magDK is pretty hard to get right. Are they able to wreck people? Yes, but so are Nightblades even with their current problems. So the reason magDK gets my vote is the lack of an execute, poor sustain, and the reliance on purgeable damage.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    magDK can go weird bomber route. Or it was stamDK... i don't know for sure since this days everything (including grandma) can scale from highest offensive stat.

Anyway, that sht was something like this:
    Balorgh + MA (?) + VD, then Proxy + DragonLeap/Take Flight + spam Pulsar. Pretty much crazy damage.
  • Alchimiste1
    Alchimiste1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    I’d say magden for solo. Can’t really think of a build/ play style that would allow you to do well
    Edited by Alchimiste1 on August 11, 2021 4:16PM
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    Magblade outside of bombing is dookie water.
  • Greek_Hellspawn
    Greek_Hellspawn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    Magblade hands down, the most weak class only good for ganks/bombing
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonknight
    Vevvev wrote: »
    I main a magDK and have played some Sorc and NB so I might be a bit biased in my answer, but magDK is pretty hard to get right. Are they able to wreck people? Yes, but so are Nightblades even with their current problems. So the reason magDK gets my vote is the lack of an execute, poor sustain, and the reliance on purgeable damage.

This.
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonknight
    Since 2015
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade can at least bomb and has cloak, though if you aren't using invis morph then it's closer to mag DK in terms of badness.
    Magblade hands down, the most weak class only good for ganks/bombing

Sap Essence in ball groups.

MagDK is better than MagNB for non-stealth solo and small groups.

MagNB is better than MagDK for stealth solo and large groups.

The latter two presently earn more AP and have more impact on the map than the former.

What's my point? Buff Inhale, of course.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Modzcs
    Modzcs
    ✭✭
    ppl have no idea how nightblade works...:P
    Edited by Modzcs on August 17, 2021 4:24PM
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Necromancer
    No comment about healing, but regarding DD, in terms of AP gains and consistent strategic victory in Cyrodiil, the two most powerful classes in Greyhost on my server seem to be MagBlade and MagCro

I know there's a number of qualifiers to that statement, a number of limitations on the way these classes can be effectively played, but it doesn't change the fact - no other classes can hold a candle to these two in terms of their potential AP per minute in the DD role, from what I've seen this patch.

That's not to say I've forgotten the state of MagBlade in No Procrodiil - probably the least powerful class, or close to it - and probably getting hit the hardest with the global reduction to damage, maybe second after StamBlade.

That is a huge issue for me.

My magsorc is the exact opposite. It ranges from competitive to top tier, using the most basic stat sets available! It is equally good in CP, noCP, proc, noproc, open world, IC, or BGs. It has several builds and play styles available and all of them are viable. Basically immune to meta shifts, and able to ride out some past massive nerfs because the class kit is to coherent and complete.

My Magcro....not so much.
  • gamma71
    gamma71
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dragonknight
    Oh look at that DK takes the lead. So it's the worse stam and mag class in pvp.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dragonknight
    Mag DK is by far the weakest. Mag Blade is next but not nearly as weak due to 1shot capability.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on August 14, 2021 1:27AM
    PC NA
  • NagualV
    NagualV
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    How objective do you think this poll really is?
  • EndOfGreen
    Nightblade
    Have seen just a few mblades in BGs including myself, but I see lots of mag dks and they are very strong. I would say much higher than bottom
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The class you are least familiar with is the hardest class to do well with in PvP.
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    Ive got magsorc (good) magdk (good in close quarters) temp (okish but seems to die quickly) and magblade. I really need to go practice bombing; he just doesn't feel much use outside that.

Can't speak to magnecro / warden; only played them in pvp in Icereach and switched pretty rapidly to stam. Tbf tho that was partly aesthetics. The whole flowers and ice thing left me cold while the cartoon halloween theme made me laugh.

Edit - magdk was pretty good in open field fights with a shock heavy build; they kind of nerfed that though.
    Edited by Larcomar on August 16, 2021 11:53AM
  • WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mag classes I have extensive experience with in a PVP environment are Magblade, Magsorc and Magden, and out of those, Magblade seems like the class where I really have to shoehorn myself into a certain playstyle in order to be successful. I have a high success rate against other squish builds, but brawly/tanky Necros and Wardens generally only seem mortal when I am in my bombing gear. Magsorc, on the other hand, is just a well-rounded class where I can just slap on any gear that looks sorta okay and do a decent job in PVP.
    PC/EU altaholic | The Sorc heal in your logs | Former Empanada of Ravenwatch | @ degonyte in-game | Nibani Ilath-Pal (AD Nightblade) - AvA rank 50 | Jehanne Teymour (AD Sorcerer) - AvA rank 50 | Niria Ilath-Pal (AD Templar) - AvA rank 50
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    Mag NB is very weak unless you play bomber or actually make it into a magicka tank.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonknight
    I’d say magden for solo. Can’t really think of a build/ play style that would allow you to do well

https://youtu.be/J1I0UZjYUeQ

I have really good results with vampy magica warden, as all the cool damage skills are magica and you have passive for doing more damage in magica.

Also it hardcounters magsorcs, which is major source of appeal. Screw magsorcs.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    divnyi wrote: »

I have really good results with vampy magica warden, as all the cool damage skills are magica and you have passive for doing more damage in magica.

It's lack of self healing, snare and good stun options make this type of build generally bad. The best magdens i know from Legend tried to make this work for real but it's only alright in duels. and not using BFB over Arterial.

But your build specifically has no burst heal (not that it would make any difference because all of our burst heal options for self suck), only 2 weak HoTs and uses Blood For Blood. That is actually awful for survivability. You're not especially tanky either. The amount of times you must die against okayish players must be through the roof.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on August 22, 2021 3:21AM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • ganj1234
    ganj1234
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    Magblade is weaker in the sense you have to play really smart, really careful, and plan your attacks 5 moves in advance. Can't just go in guns blazing unless you have support. With that said, I find magnb a great mag support that offers great cc, awesome healing if you build for it, and decent killing capacity if you know what you're doing. Also being able to cloak endlessly and scout ahead is sometimes beneficial. Situationally really strong, but it has a lot of pain points and a high skill floor and (though I feel like even I'm not there quite yet), a high skill ceiling as well.

Magblade DOES however have probably some of the best sustain imo. Fun class to play, but don't play it if you're not willing to work for your kills and struggle against tanks from time to time.

I think magnb could benefit from a burst heal or beefy HoT so you don't need to rely on a resto. Maybe more group utility if refreshing path gave group members some minor cc immunity. Maybe 4-5 more meters on shade distance. Could also see siphoning strikes offering an additional bonus for the stam and mag morphs respectively (maybe stam morph restores more resources, but the magicka morph gives you something else in addition when effect ends ---you gain 10% movement speed for 10 seconds, gain soft and/or hard cc immunity for 5 seconds, or gain xxx spell damage for 5 seconds).
    @x.Elle_x - PC/NA DC magblade sweat and fashion extraordinaire✿ Guild: Black Fire
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    MagDk are hard to kill, get away from if your burst fails, or force to react the way you want them to in order to be able to get them to make errors or get into execute range.

Sorcs and nightblades have a far less forgiving setup - you miss something in the rotation and you're toast. Get ganked -toast. Out of position? -toast.

Dk can be set up in a bunch of ways that make them unpredictable -even in the same gear -nb -all ducks have to be in a row and a child could spot where the player is in the rotation. Then they have to set up again, while running.

Sustain isn't an issue if you aren't hung up on your weapon damage tooltip and don't stress-mash buttons.

I like Dk as it gives you so many chances, no matter the lag, when outnumbered or against better players -very forgiving class. And when paired with wardens...:P
    Edited by merevie on August 22, 2021 8:16PM
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonknight
    divnyi wrote: »

It's lack of self healing, snare and good stun options make this type of build generally bad. The best magdens i know from Legend tried to make this work for real but it's only alright in duels. and not using BFB over Arterial.

But your build specifically has no burst heal (not that it would make any difference because all of our burst heal options for self suck), only 2 weak HoTs and uses Blood For Blood. That is actually awful for survivability. You're not especially tanky either. The amount of times you must die against okayish players must be through the roof.

It is tanky enough for the damage it does. I don't have burst heal for melee, but I do have burst heal for range (shield), and x3 swift to kite melee. It is enough for me to do insane scores in BGs, also very good at duels too. So idk, that works great for me.

Anyway, it is far from being worst mage. Everyone just get so obsessed about trying to make ice warden work that they don't see more obvious choices.