The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Hardest Mag class to do well with in pvp right now.

• ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    divnyi wrote: »
    divnyi wrote: »
    I’d say magden for solo. Can’t really think of a build/ play style that would allow you to do well

https://youtu.be/J1I0UZjYUeQ

I have really good results with vampy magica warden, as all the cool damage skills are magica and you have passive for doing more damage in magica.

Also it hardcounters magsorcs, which is major source of appeal. Screw magsorcs.

It's lack of self healing, snare and good stun options make this type of build generally bad. The best magdens i know from Legend tried to make this work for real but it's only alright in duels. and not using BFB over Arterial.

But your build specifically has no burst heal (not that it would make any difference because all of our burst heal options for self suck), only 2 weak HoTs and uses Blood For Blood. That is actually awful for survivability. You're not especially tanky either. The amount of times you must die against okayish players must be through the roof.

It is tanky enough for the damage it does. I don't have burst heal for melee, but I do have burst heal for range (shield), and x3 swift to kite melee. It is enough for me to do insane scores in BGs, also very good at duels too. So idk, that works great for me.

Anyway, it is far from being worst mage. Everyone just get so obsessed about trying to make ice warden work that they don't see more obvious choices.

This isn't about an ice mage. This is about the fundamental lack of healing that magden has, which it needs to survive. Your build says "to hell with that" and doubles down on killing itself.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on August 23, 2021 2:01AM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    Rossmann wrote: »
    Prob MagNB, you are either bomber or the casualty.
    I could NOT agree more with this.

I've mained a Magicka Nightblade since launch, occasionally swapping over to Stamina for a change of pace, but always coming back to MagBlade for the feel and the flavor. PvP ALWAYS felt like an uphill battle, and the only time I ever felt like it drove really well (for me) was back when the DoT meta was out of control.

Well, a while back I got fed up with feeling like an abandoned puppy and switched my main to a Magicka Templar.

***. Lee. Cow.

I went from thinking I'd never be good at ESO PvP to topping BG scoreboards in less time than it takes to say it.

Long story short, there's one thing I can say with utter conviction: the MagBlade's kit just DOES NOT synergize well with itself at all. And I mean, like, AT ALL.

The synchronicity of the Templar's skill lines and the fluidity with which it plays just STAGGERED me. I've gone all in and not looked back.

MagBlades need love. So badly...
  • TimeDazzler
    TimeDazzler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    I think magblade takes the most skill to play from all the magicka classes. Like others have mentioned it is solid for bombing or ganking, but besides that, it just isn't really there. MagDK also comes to mind, but magDK has solid crowd control and offensive pressure. Although, I definitely think magDK has more sustain problems than magblade does. MagDK also has better healing and turtling with the block passives, which is kind of absurd considering how *** magDK healing is lol.

Malevolent offering could definitely use a rework. One morph that retains what it currently does as health sacrifice to burst heal an ally, and a new morph that burst heals oneself similar to magden/magDK/magplar/magnecro. Only other class without a burst heal is magsorc, although the heal from the pet is strong the shields and mobility with streak make up for it. #GiveMagbladeBurstHeal
    PC NA
    Characters:
    Tımë Ðâzzlër - Stamina Warden - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłër - Magicka Nightblade - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłêr - Stamina Templar - AD
    Sugar Deady - Magicka Necromancer - AD
    Sprint v X - Stamina Sorcerer - EP
    Tımë Ðâzzlër Ðk - Stamina Dragonknight - EP
    Time Dazzler - Magicka Warden - DC
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonknight
    Bomber mag NB is still a mag NB
    Edited by Waffennacht on August 23, 2021 2:40PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • TimeDazzler
    TimeDazzler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    Bomber mag NB is still a mag NB

1v1 magDK is still magDK
    PC NA
    Characters:
    Tımë Ðâzzlër - Stamina Warden - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłër - Magicka Nightblade - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłêr - Stamina Templar - AD
    Sugar Deady - Magicka Necromancer - AD
    Sprint v X - Stamina Sorcerer - EP
    Tımë Ðâzzlër Ðk - Stamina Dragonknight - EP
    Time Dazzler - Magicka Warden - DC
  • Somewhere
    Somewhere
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mean there's only six classes and pretty plainly the hardest to do well with is not templar or sorcerer. I think there's some arguments for warden or necromancer but I don't see any real need to discern which between dk or nb is harder to do well with. Obviously based off this poll, people have the perception that these two are the bottom of the pile.

They both could use some adjustments that consistently get overlooked which unfortunately implies that ZOS feels the current state of affairs is fine. Shame really.
  • spacefracking
    spacefracking
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    A lot of people go on about how hard magblade is to play, so I guess its hard. It doesn't have to be though. And don't listen to those shadow image people who like to get people to chase em around a tower endlessly, unless you're into that. (and if you are, I am judging you)