The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

Battle Spirit

• spacefracking
    spacefracking
    ✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't matter with permanent major breach.
  • Xahran
    Xahran
    ✭✭
    I can see the sense in the healing reduction change. They wanted to nerf gank builds or burst overall without making non-gank builds so overwhelmingly tanky due to damage being plummeted while heals staying the same (and they are already powerful). I see less stalemates/infinite heals and 1 sec bursts which makes pvp more healthy for me. I mean it sucked that any damage you deal that isn't 100-0 is meaningless due to everything being healed right away; a problem which will be reduced a little this patch. Not to mention I am liking those healing changes even when my main is a magplar. The devs listened and delivered, yet people are still sad for some reason ...
    Edited by Xahran on July 27, 2021 7:46AM
  • ThePianist
    ThePianist
    ✭✭✭
    Battlespirit 5% reduction healing is irrelevant, because healing is too much. Go play WW and slap somebody with infectious claws. Major defile AND minor defile doesn't do anything.

I think people will drop duelist rebuff for a slottable cp like Swift Renewal, Focused mending or Soothing tide.

There's no such thing as the flooor moving away from the ceiling. Everytime we balance something out, the floor moves with the ceiling.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xahran wrote: »
    I can see the sense in the healing reduction change. They wanted to nerf gank builds or burst overall without making non-gank builds so overwhelmingly tanky due to damage being plummeted while heals staying the same (and they are already powerful). I see less stalemates/infinite heals and 1 sec bursts which makes pvp more healthy for me. I mean it sucked that any damage you deal that isn't 100-0 is meaningless due to everything being healed right away; a problem which will be reduced a little this patch. Not to mention I am liking those healing changes even when my main is a magplar. The devs listened and delivered, yet people are still sad for some reason ...

Reducing healing makes you more vulnerable to gank builds, more vulnerable to any build. They specifically called out the problem being burst builds tearing players apart. This makes it worse. It does not make sense.

At the same time the healing change buffs groups, because stacked healing is effectively infinite. The more they reduce healing through battle spirit the more effective group healing becomes.

The small change to damage reduction doesn't matter, it will get lost in the diminishing returns abyss with the 5--10 other multiplicative sources of % damage reduction that players have at all times.

The root problem is that none of these things, tanky damage builds, burst builds, bomb builds, healing are really a problem. ZOS is just playing whack-a-mole with forum posts. Forums complain about burst, ZOS be like "increase battle spirit damage reduction", then the forums complain about builds being too tanky, ZOS be like "omg, reverse course nerf healing!". Why they make these global change is beyond me. If a build is too much nerf the build, or buff the counter build - just like they did with overload and stealth.
  • Viewsfrom6ix
    Viewsfrom6ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shrekt4303 wrote: »
    Having a healer vs not having one shouldnt decide a match in bg. Less healing is welcome imo.

I can't agree with you this more. I wish healing was nerfed even more. Given players are all equally skilled, winning solo queue is just a dice roll nowadays. Who ever has a healer or even an off healer wins.
  • sabresandiego_ESO
    sabresandiego_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They didn’t nerf healing enough. HOTs of the same kind shouldn’t stack or should be rebalanced with some kind of limit.

For the people who aren’t good at math: both damage and healing are at 45% now

Damage Recieved: .9 * .5 = .45
    Base 10% dmg reduction gives u .9 and bspirit .5

Healing Received: 1 - .55 = .45

Ali Dreadsabre -Necromancer
    Ali Sabre -Nightblade
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They nerf healing and meanwhile magsorc gets a free pass again...

The Ball of Lightning change was fairly cataclysmic to the utility of that skill.

It now won't help at all when fighting outnumbered and even against something as mundane as Force Pulse it's only going to stop like 1 of the 3 damage ticks.

It also completely stripped it from having any group utility.

IMO, it's not really worth a slot anymore, which is never a good outcome when developers touch a skill - since it means that they have failed in their attempt to balance it.

Partially unrelated, but Pretty sure shimmering shield has a similar cooldown. I've been killed by projectiles through it since it has an inherent proc cooldown. It's not as op as people claim. I think it's fair enough. I consider running other skills over it all of the time. I just don't have room for it and it's situational.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on July 27, 2021 5:25PM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Xahran
    Xahran
    ✭✭
    They would nerf healing by another 5% and I wouldn't mind honestly. Again, healing is so powerful it makes any damage that isn't 100-0 just utterly useless and it makes all classes technically play the same, as a gank bursty builds. There is no room for dps pressure builds or dots anymore, and when fighting as a group best thing to do is just stacking ults on somebody.

Also, it is very clear since a long time that the devs won't ever touch skills or classes unless they have some utterly broken outlier skill. They don't want to affect the seemingly more important PVE players, even though small changes to classes shouldn't hurt as much in a PVE environment but that's it.

Finally, please let's not argue about "nerfing groups". This arguement is old and dumb already. No mmo game ever should or had the need to balance around 1vXing or soloing. 2 players should be better than 1 equally skilled player, that's how basic math works.
    Edited by Xahran on July 28, 2021 9:05AM