The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Solo veteran Icereach with Bastian

Jaimeh
Jaimeh
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJdP20bB4CY

I wanted to see how a veteran DLC dungeon would go with a companion, and decided to run Icereach because it's one of the easier DLCs. Since I didn't do a lot of theorfycrafting for the run beforehands, and just went in to see what would happen, I didn't have a lot of strategies in place, and in hindsight, there's a few things I would change: for example, equipping Bastian with a resto staff would have been a good idea; he was only taunting in the second boss, because I found out he couldn't survive the other bosses with the taunt on (at least in his current build--he's missing 3 purple vigorous pieces and only has green/blue so far), so a resto staff would have made more sense than s/b in those bosses, but I didn't have one on me. Regarding the fights, here are a few things I noticed:

Trash pulls: the only dangerous thing is the ice atronach when he summons his ice attack; you can survive it by two roll dodges, and a shield.

Boss 1 (Giant): Bastian cannot survive when taunting, but the player should have the boss aggro anyway, since you need to position the giant near the ice pillars. If the atro spawns it's usually game over.

Boss 2 (Hagraven): This boss without Bastian is very difficult, because you have to be extra tanky and spam shield when the boss does her drain attack. With Bastian though it's a piece of cake, since he doesn't die from her attack, and you only have to worry about melting down the plants with the fire. I kept my barrier ulti for a long time because I found that sometimes Bastian loses aggro momentarily, and the boss does her drain on you, and after waiting a bit I decided to use the ulti anyway, and then she went ahead and did the attack, I just spammed harness and thankfully survived it :D

Boss 3 (Flesh atro): This was the second hardest boss in the dungeon; Bastian couldn't taunt, and I couldn't survive more than one of his basic attacks on my build. Plus, there's a lot of mobs, including the perma-tethered skeletons. So I decided to just kite the boss throughout the whole fight. This made for a very long fight, and probably not the most effective way to do it.

Boss 4 (Mage): Bastian couldn't survive this boss with taunt on either, but the fight itself is not very difficult, just make sure to dodge the ice formation, and kill the storm atros when they spawn.

Boss 5 (Witches): Bastian couldn't taunt here either, and this was the hardest fight. It's very stam intensive because you need to dodge the constant heavy attacks, and bash when the mechanic happens. I didn't have the crushing shock morph, so I couldn't range interrupt, but I definitely recommend it for this fight. I just used trifood, and also swapped to the red CP node that gives a free next roll dodge, it works really well for this fight. When it gets to 30% reserve the ultimate, because you need it when the centre witch comes up, since from there on it's a dps race, and you have to kill her really quick.

My build: x5 Medusa, x5 PFS, x1 RotPO, X1 Slimecraw
Blue CP: FF, Deadly, MaA, Thaum
I had 10 points into health, and used Clockwork citrus/trifood depending on the fight

Thank you for reading! :)