Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Kicked from Random, but given queue penalty

Rittings
Rittings
✭✭✭✭✭
So I know that normally if you're kicked from a dungeon, you aren't hit with a queue penalty. However... I was just kicked from a ranodm dungeon (presumably because I was only on a level 36 compared to all the CP other players (even though I'm 1825 cp and the other highest in there was 700... but they can't see that)...

And I was hit with a 15 minute queue penalty. To add iinsult to my injury.

Can someone at ZoS please tell me how this is fair, or encourages players to continue to queue??
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    same thing happened to me but on my cp toon.

Wondering if people are kicking other group members so they can pull out their companion?

*** move but if you're going to do it, do it at the start of the dungeon before wasting everyone's time. Thanks to the new invite system AKA PSN SPAMMAGEDDON i was able to keep rejoining the group that kicked me just to be annoying for a little while.
  • REiiGN15
    REiiGN15
    ✭✭✭
    I can't understand why ppl kick others in random normals. I'm CP 1650. If I'm on a DPS I'm dragging you all around and I'm going to get the dungeon done with or without you. As a real support like Tank, and the DPS is crap, I'm out after 12 minutes because then I can requeue.
  • Bowmanganie
    Bowmanganie
    ✭✭
    The whole kick someone from group needs to be rethought. Been kicked at the last boss enough times that I know it is a poor system. If someone is not playing, or charging ahead because they can do the dungeon by themselves I block that player then leave. The queue penalty seems frivolous also. Sometimes the game faults, but the group gets to wait because they queued too recently. The best thing is to find a guild with good people to play with. They are out there, and then avoid being random.
  • ThePlacidHatter
    ThePlacidHatter
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe this is a new bug? This has happened to me twice, today. As soon as the dungeon has loaded. I've been removed from the group and hit with the 15 minute penalty.
    I don't remember this ever happening before.
  • Eso101rus
    Eso101rus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Krayl wrote: »
    same thing happened to me but on my cp toon.

Wondering if people are kicking other group members so they can pull out their companion?

*** move but if you're going to do it, do it at the start of the dungeon before wasting everyone's time. Thanks to the new invite system AKA PSN SPAMMAGEDDON i was able to keep rejoining the group that kicked me just to be annoying for a little while.

The bonus random xp is not applied to companions so that seems unlikely. In my experience if you get kicked from group and you are NOT in dungeon then yes you will receive a time penalty.
  • Kusto
    Kusto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will get the penalty whether you leave or get kicked. Not sure if it's been like that since launch but it's been the case for last 2 years at least.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only times we have kicked someone from our GF group is if they were a jerk or causing issues and the people I run with are fairly chill and somewhat tolerant. I think in the several months I have been playing ESO I have been part of kicking a player twice. That is the great part about running with guildmates even if the group is not completely full. We have waited until the last boss to kick one person who was being particularly rude. It really got them upset but they pretty much deserved it.
  • Eso101rus
    Eso101rus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kusto wrote: »
    You will get the penalty whether you leave or get kicked. Not sure if it's been like that since launch but it's been the case for last 2 years at least.

Incorrect, if you are kicked you do NOT incur a time penalty under usual circumstances.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eso101rus wrote: »

Incorrect, if you are kicked you do NOT incur a time penalty under usual circumstances.

Incorrect. I got kicked and incurred a time penalty. I didn't even have a chance to step forward more than 2 steps from point of entry in the dungeon before it happened...

Not sure if this is a recent change, I didn't think you got penalized for getting booted ... but apparently you do. I also knew that previously, if you got kicked because you replaced someone in the dungeon but the "instance was full" so you couldn't travel immediately, you also incurred a penalty for something that is down to poor coding.
  • Eso101rus
    Eso101rus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »

Incorrect. I got kicked and incurred a time penalty. I didn't even have a chance to step forward more than 2 steps from point of entry in the dungeon before it happened...

Not sure if this is a recent change, I didn't think you got penalized for getting booted ... but apparently you do. I also knew that previously, if you got kicked because you replaced someone in the dungeon but the "instance was full" so you couldn't travel immediately, you also incurred a penalty for something that is down to poor coding.

No I’m correct sorry, what you are describing is that you had been kicked from group before you got into dungeon which is why you incurred time penalty. Pretty ruthless to kick someone before they can even judge your setup, but hey that’s eso sometimes.
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't get kicked often, but this is my experience too. The penalty timer starts from when your queue popped, not from the time of the kick, so you might not notice if you aren't getting kicked early in the dungeon.
    Edited by the1andonlyskwex on July 15, 2021 2:09PM
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No I’m correct sorry, what you are describing is that you had been kicked from group before you got into dungeon which is why you incurred time penalty. Pretty ruthless to kick someone before they can even judge your setup, but hey that’s eso sometimes.

No... you're incorrect. I'm saying that I HAVE experienced being kicked before entering, but on this last few times, I got kicked at the port point at the beginning of the dungeon. Which means I get about 2 seconds to ask why, before my toon is swiftly removed from the instance... and I got hit with a penalty (maybe because the dungeon hadn't officially started with anyone killing anything or engaging in combat???).
  • Eso101rus
    Eso101rus
    ✭✭✭✭

No... you're incorrect. I'm saying that I HAVE experienced being kicked before entering, but on this last few times, I got kicked at the port point at the beginning of the dungeon. Which means I get about 2 seconds to ask why, before my toon is swiftly removed from the instance... and I got hit with a penalty (maybe because the dungeon hadn't officially started with anyone killing anything or engaging in combat???).

My experience on PS4 is that if you are removed from group before your character actually enters dungeon then you will receive a penalty for being kicked. If this is not the case on your platform it may be that you should raise a ticket. If you are not in dungeon when you are kicked I’m aware that you do incur a time penalty. For what reason I do not know.
    Edited by Eso101rus on July 26, 2021 10:38AM
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Players are exempted from the penalty if they are online and inside the dungeon instance at the moment the vote is passed.

For example, if you port out to change your mundus stone and are kicked while you are outside, you will get the penalty.

If you haven't fully loaded into the dungeon when you are kicked, you will get the penalty.

If you crash and go offline and are kicked while offline, you will get the penalty.

Note that the penalty system can occasionally take a few seconds to register that you've entered the instance.
    Edited by code65536 on July 24, 2021 9:30AM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No point raising a ticket... I have done that before and you basically get the "tough luck" email... The fact that XP boosts etc are lost probably means nowt to Zenimax because it just ensures that you have to purchase more...

That said, I was in the dungeon. I was right at the very beginning and I took two steps forward towards the quest giver and was booted.... maybe they already had their ps5s and had loaded in before me and took the vote during the load screen, but the boot happened when I was in the dungeon.
    Edited by Rittings on July 27, 2021 10:27AM