The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Very disappointed in no proc / no CP decision

Starshadw
Starshadw
✭✭✭✭
I have to confess, I'm very disappointed at the decision to lump no proc in with the no CP campaign. At the very least, I'd like to request you also give us a no proc campaign with CP. I'm not even sure why someone would think the best way to implement no proc would be to simply add it in to the no CP campaign.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a good decision imho. It means newer or returning players with very low CP can have a good time pvping without worrying about overpowered proc sets. It makes sense to me.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I can tell they stated on live stream that they will add some sets to the list available to use in no-proc campaign. So I would imagine we will have some form of build diversity. My guess is that they will just not allow for dmg dealing & healing sets and other sets that have condition check will work.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I can tell they stated on live stream that they will add some sets to the list available to use in no-proc campaign. So I would imagine we will have some form of build diversity. My guess is that they will just not allow for dmg dealing & healing sets and other sets that have condition check will work.

I'll just go back to my No Proc set I used before, as long as I can use Wild Hunt Ring, Prisoner's and Coward's gear to Run Scrolls back I'm happy
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Source???

Edit: Found it. Recent Twitch about Waking Flame, roughly 1 hour 6 minutes.

No cp, no proc, no Volendrung. Many more sets will be considered "no proc" than during the test. Well, I guess we'll see on Monday what that means exactly?

Edited by vesselwiththepestle on July 10, 2021 10:57PM
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is ZOS going to be straight about what is a proc and what isn't? Or are going to guess based on how a comma is placed in the item description.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    Is ZOS going to be straight about what is a proc and what isn't? Or are going to guess based on how a comma is placed in the item description.

Current no proc is based on how calculations was set so it depends if they're completely recoding old ones or just be removing "harmful proc sets" as no proc wasn't that much a performance gain to begin with.
  • Sluggy
    Sluggy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shoot. I'm disappointed that CP still exists in PvP at all. I guess that's the nature of compromise. Nobody is happy. ;)
  • MrMazurski
    MrMazurski
    ✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »

Well. What do you need this for? You will have to guess for every set that does not give a flat 5th place.
    Alucardo wrote: »
    It's a good decision imho. It means newer or returning players with very low CP can have a good time pvping without worrying about overpowered proc sets. It makes sense to me.

I agree. I don't like sets that give extra damage from heaven myself. It's like pet classes to me. Anything else to do if everything else does something for you. Just seat and watch for your free dmg
    - Where "Update on Cyrodiil Performance & Upcoming AOE Tests"? I wish ZOS would stop kicking players' balls, especially those on Cyro
    - - PC-EU / Ravenwatch
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To give an example:

A new player joined our guild, and asked what he would need to be useful in group combat. I told him this and that ... and a week later had had spent more than a million gold for that! And we don't even speak of the time investment mythic items and the newest dlc stuff require.
    We vets take so much for granted which really isn't.

We shouldn't build barriers for new players. A NoProc NoCP cyrodiil campaign with a healthy playerbase helps a lot in this regard.
    Edited by Thraben on July 12, 2021 1:32PM
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I live in NoCP and I prefer my procs thx. The last thing I want is to be forced into the sweaty lagfest that is CP. NoCP right now is bad enough ( and please don't try to blame procs... we all know it isn't them) but I can still have a chance and still get some good fights. It was horrendous during that no proc debacle with the same people running the same broken [snip] and it was zero fun for a good chunk of us.

Do a CP and a no CP set with proc and no proc for each. Not brain surgery.
    [edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 6, 2021 5:55PM
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    “Play with the way you want! Unless you play no-CP, then screw you!”
  • Kinmont
    Kinmont
    ✭✭
    There's a lot of discussion going on among long-term no-CP guilds and players on my faction at any rate. If there is a largescale migration out and into CP, then I am not sure if that campaign will cope - the queues will become longer, the strain with all the ball groups migrating etc will increase.
    As others have said, if you want a no proc no CP campaign, make one, but don't take away from the established RW playerbase. This potentially does irrepairable damage to the community within the campaign, it refutes the statements in recent promotions of the game, and it reduces trust. PvP guilds have a much harder time with their membership base when these changes come on (people quitting, or wasting gold and gametime to get items which suddenly become redundant on what is perceived as a whim or without evidence that performance will improve) - something that pve guilds don't have to deal with. Have no proc, no hammer, no CP but make it another campaign. And give us faction lock back in no CP so those that care about encouraging players into pvp and about their faction's status don't have to deal with those who bounce around factions and then spend their time trolling in zonechat or with the scrolls.
    Edited by Kinmont on July 14, 2021 2:45PM
    Ner slayn wyth þe slete he sleped in his yrnes / Mo nyʒtez þen innoghe in naked rokkez

Mother of Storms - EP PvP - always For the Pact

• robo26
    robo26
    ✭✭✭
    As other's have said the change to no proc on the no cp server does go against the marketing phrase "Play how you want"!

No-Cp, No-proc, no hammer = new server surely?
    Kinmont wrote: »
    And give us faction lock back in no CP so those that care about encouraging players into pvp and about their faction's status don't have to deal with those who bounce around factions and then spend their time trolling in zone chat or with the scrolls.

Yes please, a faction lock would do the server a lot of good and help encourage faction support and everyone fighting for the same goal rather than chasing the faction with the highest points.

If RavenWatch (or whatever ZOS will call it in the future) does go no-proc, no-hammer I can see an exodus to Greyhost. This will result in long queues on Greyhost and a big increase in the lag. Whilst Ravenwatch would only have the diehard no-cp fans left.

• Carolineu
    Carolineu
    If the changes are made to Ravenwatch I will probably move to another campaign. I wished we had faction locking and would think about staying if they added that. I realise they want to fix the awful lag and queueing issues and the 'treakle' everytime one particular ball group is around.
    To take away my gold sets, and change so much, to in fact, try to force a type of play on me feels like this isn't the ESO I signed up for 5 years ago. I already had to move campaign once because of issues in another campaign. I really don't want to be pushed around like this.
    Faction locking would solve quite a few of the issues already there - what is the rationale for not putting a faction lock on?
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I know one DC ball group is moving and mine is strongly considering it. If our guild moves DC will be dead on Ravenwatch

“No-CP! No-procs! No players!”
  • MrMazurski
    MrMazurski
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I know one DC ball group is moving and mine is strongly considering it. If our guild moves DC will be dead on Ravenwatch

Sorry, but this is sowing more questionable news. DC doesn't stand by one guild (or a few flashy players on the forum) as well as EP and AD. (weird what?) There is also a lot of information where a large part of the playerbase supports no proc.

so your "propaganda" slogan has no factual reference whatsoever. Plus, forget that your big fancy exodus will attract other players who don't like pvp with procs sets. Yes, they exist
    - Where "Update on Cyrodiil Performance & Upcoming AOE Tests"? I wish ZOS would stop kicking players' balls, especially those on Cyro
    - - PC-EU / Ravenwatch
  • RaikaNA
    RaikaNA
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not a big fan of no proc in the no-cp campaign, but damn. I hate ball groups with a passion. Last night in Ravenwatch (PC/NA server) DC was faction stacking... had 2 ball groups up...must have been 40 DC trying to take a single keep.. I couldn't keep up with how many negates were being thrown down, and how many times I got stunned before getting instantly killed without having the chance of activating a single skill. I'm glad that one DC ball group is moving.. don't let the door hit you on your way out. I rather sacrifice my proc sets rather than putting up with ultimate stacking ball groups.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please on the Faction Lock in No CP. That's an aside but Gods yes we need faction lock because the faction hopping trolls make it not fun.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

While it also makes sense to me, for that very reason, I would also like a noprocc cp campaign, that might get me playing again.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Fidget1302
    robo26 wrote: »
    As other's have said the change to no proc on the no cp server does go against the marketing phrase "Play how you want"!

No-Cp, No-proc, no hammer = new server surely?
    Kinmont wrote: »
    And give us faction lock back in no CP so those that care about encouraging players into pvp and about their faction's status don't have to deal with those who bounce around factions and then spend their time trolling in zone chat or with the scrolls.

Yes please, a faction lock would do the server a lot of good and help encourage faction support and everyone fighting for the same goal rather than chasing the faction with the highest points.

If RavenWatch (or whatever ZOS will call it in the future) does go no-proc, no-hammer I can see an exodus to Greyhost. This will result in long queues on Greyhost and a big increase in the lag. Whilst Ravenwatch would only have the diehard no-cp fans left.

None of the ball groups, guilds, or hardcore No CP PvP players will migrate to Gray Host. They will migrate to Blackreach. That campaign will finally be competitive again. Blackreach is dead most of the time these days, so the influx from the no cp campaign will be a boost.
  • TragedyOA
    TragedyOA
    ✭✭✭✭
    so what sets can we use in ravenwatch after the update?
  • Long_Distance
    Long_Distance
    ✭✭✭
    There's a list in the patch notes.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are they destroying our campaign to pump up Blackreach?
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • gameswithaspoon
    gameswithaspoon
    ✭✭✭
    Ravenwatch was locking and running ques during noproc last winter. And we didn't lock last night-on the busiest night of the week. Granted some population has bled off to New World, but the proc set meta does have some bearing to the reduced populations in Cyrodiil, especially in newer players who come in to nonCP and the first thing they run into is a ballgroup. After all, people played Azura's Star without these fancy DLC sets. And spending an evening in that campaign was definitely more fun than anything so far this summer.
    Spoon-no-Soup Former Emperor Argonian Templar AD BWB
    Spoon-ware-Soup Former Emperor Argonian Stamplar AD Bahlokdaan
    Guild Leader Imperium of the Eagle Ravenwatch NA-PC
    Takes Drive-Thru Orders for This is a Wendy's.
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thraben wrote: »

To give an example:

A new player joined our guild, and asked what he would need to be useful in group combat. I told him this and that ... and a week later had had spent more than a million gold for that! And we don't even speak of the time investment mythic items and the newest dlc stuff require.
    We vets take so much for granted which really isn't.

We shouldn't build barriers for new players. A NoProc NoCP cyrodiil campaign with a healthy playerbase helps a lot in this regard.

On the other hand, isn't the disabling of 90% of the sets in the game a barrier in itself?

It's one thing to go into PvP with unoptimized gear, and a whole other (worse) thing to go into PvP only to discover that the gear you have doesn't even work.

Once this change comes out, there won't be any PvP campaign that's appropriate for low 50s who don't use outside sources (like other players or online guides) to know what sets are actually usable. (Heck, you could even still screw it up with outside sources, if those sources are outdated or designed for the other campaigns.)
    Edited by the1andonlyskwex on August 7, 2021 6:41PM
  • FolksySpade
    If this is coming in the near future you can count me in. I stopped playing mostly because of the return of procs to cyrodiil, otherwise I love noCP and the idea of having no win more hammer bs impacting the map flow
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is anyone going to even play the campaign, when no-proc is not even balanced.

The classes aren't balanced
    Siege isn't balanced
    Even the set list isn't balanced...

Doesn't make any sense to me, but hey...If the balance tilts toward you, it will be a great experience and power fantasy at least...
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like playing in CP and I'm not fond of no proc so I might have to stop pvp and that makes me sad. I still don't understand why they want to nuke our current campaign when its easy enough for them to just spin up a separate instance that doesn't displace us and satisfies the vocal minority that wants no proc. Then when they get bored and leave they can do whatever with the instance all the while not disrupting us in Ravenwatch.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Hardhit
    Hardhit
    Soul Shriven
    Introducing No-Proc into a campaign is a bad solution to the wrong problem. The dev focus should be on reducing lag and ensuring smooth game-play regardless of campaign.

The server/programming can't handle Gray Host at current population for current builds and add-ons when ball groups play and current population limits create unbearable queue times during prime-time play time.

A starting point is to re-balance server populations. ESO desperately needs more faction locked campaigns. Three faction locked campaigns would be ideal but a starting point would be to make at least one other campaign besides Gray Host Faction Locked.

An interesting test experiment would be to disable all add-ons in Gray Host as many speculate that add-ons are resulting in the majority of lag issues. (Even better would be to isolate the most offensive add-ons and disable the problem at the source - ie. create a global cool-down for add-on server pings in PVP zones).

Clearly, there is abundant interest in preserving a No-CP campaign but the players of No-CP should not be forced into a No-Proc environment. If devs are insistent on introducing No-Proc for the benefit of new players, create a separate campaign - the new equivalent of a <50 campaign. My advice - Faction Lock Blackreach, Keep Ravenwatch No-CP, and test full removal of add-ons in Gray Host with double AP bonus for a set time period. No-Proc isn't the answer to the right question.

If the devs are heart-set on Ravenwatch No-Proc, No-CP, do everyone a favor and at least faction lock it. That might at least limit the initial exodus.

Hardhit
    Heroes of the Pact (HOTP) Guild General

And yes, before anyone asks, HOTP continues to recruit high-quality members who love high-level PVP and PVE game-play.
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is a shame that ESO went from "play how you want" to "play how the vocal minority wants you to"
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade