The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Locking Items

dagnome
dagnome
✭✭✭
I am suggesting we get a in game mechanic to lock our items so we don't say, deconstruct a weapon we are saving or sell it. This would be simply a inventory management mechanic and would prompt you if you did select to sell or deconstruct the item with "You have locked this item, are you sure you wish to (Insert action here) it?"
Might help new players with their inventory because I have seen countless times a player will get a new weapon and deconstruct it on accident. What does the community think?
Edited by dagnome on April 27, 2014 12:57PM
  • Xithian
    Xithian
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info300-ItemSaver.html

It puts a big red icon next to items that you have marked (just right click an item and select "Mark Item") that shows up in inventory, store windows, deconstruction window, etc.
    Options
  • dagnome
    dagnome
    ✭✭✭
    I know that addon exists I am talking about a in game mechanic that a new player (Who has no idea what addons are or how to use them) would have access too.
    Edited by dagnome on April 27, 2014 1:12PM
    Options
  • Xithian
    Xithian
    ✭✭✭
    People play Elder Scrolls games without addons? How...odd.

On topic, the only thing that bothered me about any of that was that Deconstructing pulls up items in your bank. I didn't find that out until level 45+ because I just never saved any items. Almost cost me a dropped set. That's when I decided to get the above mentioned addon.

Aside from that, I think it should be fairly obvious that when deconstructing you should be wary of catching items you wanted to keep that are in your bags. I agree that an actual item lock would be a handy tool (I've played games with it, and it is very nice to have), I also doubt new players would think to use it before learning the hard way.

Overall, it would be a good thing to have, but I'm indifferent as to whether it's a basic game function or an addon.
    Options