Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

2-handed vs Dual wield PVP imbalanced

• master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glyph of Decrease Health is 3% oblivion damage.
    But one-handed weapon, Glyph of Decrease Health is 1.5%.
    This is one of the reasons Dual wield is at a disadvantage.
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that the dual wield of PvP is weak.
    99% PvP stamina builds is equipped with two-handed.
    Obviously need dual wield buff or two-handed nerf.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    I get it. On paper 2H seems a million times better but in game, on the right build, dw is a murder machine. You just have to play to it's strengths. I would never go 2h on my stamden, for example.

Could you elaborate please?
    I'm really tired of 2h and would love to go dw but haven't found a working build.
    Just throw some idea if you don't want to share your build.

I haven't set her up on proc yet because we just got it on XB and I've not gotten to that character but the skills won't change.

Flies -> sub assault -> spam spin to win is the nastiest thing you can do. You work other skills in there as necessary but many times you don't need to. Just keep your netch up and rotate heals as necessary. The benefit is you don't miss with spin to win because it's an aoe. Throw in their various CC capabilities to further hold targets in place while you go whirrrrr.

I use master dw with rending as my main spammable on both stamcro and stamden.
    Not really a fan of dizzy, never been and rending works well on both.
    The dot is also nice extra pressure between burst combos, something neither class usually has a lot otherwise(at least not with the dizzy playstyle).

Master dw is nasty. I have the perfected set but I like have two five piece sets active and don't want to sacrifice a monster helm.

Clever Alchemist back-bar should do the trick.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    I get it. On paper 2H seems a million times better but in game, on the right build, dw is a murder machine. You just have to play to it's strengths. I would never go 2h on my stamden, for example.

Could you elaborate please?
    I'm really tired of 2h and would love to go dw but haven't found a working build.
    Just throw some idea if you don't want to share your build.

I haven't set her up on proc yet because we just got it on XB and I've not gotten to that character but the skills won't change.

Flies -> sub assault -> spam spin to win is the nastiest thing you can do. You work other skills in there as necessary but many times you don't need to. Just keep your netch up and rotate heals as necessary. The benefit is you don't miss with spin to win because it's an aoe. Throw in their various CC capabilities to further hold targets in place while you go whirrrrr.

I use master dw with rending as my main spammable on both stamcro and stamden.
    Not really a fan of dizzy, never been and rending works well on both.
    The dot is also nice extra pressure between burst combos, something neither class usually has a lot otherwise(at least not with the dizzy playstyle).

Master dw is nasty. I have the perfected set but I like have two five piece sets active and don't want to sacrifice a monster helm.

Clever Alchemist back-bar should do the trick.

I hate CA.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I agree with the points regarding 2h vs DW, I think it's fair the DW execute costs more. There's a reason they call it spin 2 win. Other than that though, I don't really use anything else from the skill line. Flurry is just awful in PvP. It's like a poor mans single target biting jabs that does quarter of its damage.
    A gap closer would be nice. Flying through the air with DW weapons would look pretty sick, and a new spammable would be welcome. Though I'm almost certain people will always go back to dizzying swing, because well, it's dizzying swing.
    Agree on the ultimate points too. DW ultimate is really bad. No matter how high the tooltip is, I don't see it have any affect on enemy health lol.
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dual wield has been ahead of 2H in pve for a very long time. The two skill lines have different strengths. Dual wield has better stats, has major evasion. 2hand has gap closer, forward momentum for anti snare, and a spammable that CCs.

2hand kit lends itself more naturally to pvp. But you can very easily make dual wield work in pvp and make it just as strong. It really depends on the class and how you build it.
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stx wrote: »
    Dual wield has been ahead of 2H in pve for a very long time. The two skill lines have different strengths. Dual wield has better stats, has major evasion. 2hand has gap closer, forward momentum for anti snare, and a spammable that CCs.

2hand kit lends itself more naturally to pvp. But you can very easily make dual wield work in pvp and make it just as strong. It really depends on the class and how you build it.

Two-handed is now BiS in PvE as well.
    I watched a video of 115000 DPS on You Tube.
    Two-handed is the king of stamina weapons in PvP and PvE.