The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can you deliver orbs in CR while being in Elusive mist?

HappyDan
HappyDan
✭✭✭
So I leveled that skill on live for RG but I was wondering if I could use it in cr as well.
So could I pick up orbs and deliver them while in the mist?
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HappyDan wrote: »
    So I leveled that skill on live for RG but I was wondering if I could use it in cr as well.

it shouldn't work and just negate your healing without cutting damage down, since orb deals oblivion damage, but you can test it.
    Edited by zvavi on May 29, 2021 11:05PM
  • HappyDan
    HappyDan
    ✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »

it shouldn't work and just negate your healing without cutting damage down, since orb deals oblivion damage, but you can test it.

I've asked few people nobody had an answer, your theory makes sense but I'll give it a try.
    Basically I need a speed buff for portal and that skill looks like cheese so wanted to see if it's worth it or not.
    Also strange interaction I had with olms that if I go to mist form I take 0 damage from his swipes, hower he takes my mist away.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    since orb deals oblivion damage

That is incorrect.

It's a common misconception that often gets repeated. The reason people think that Malevolent Exposure is oblivion is because of their inability to shield it. But it's not oblivion damage. It can be mitigated and resisted. Just not by shields. That's because Malevolent Exposure dispels shields. But it doesn't bypass them since it's not actually oblivion damage.
    Edited by code65536 on May 30, 2021 9:47AM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    since orb deals oblivion damage

That is incorrect.

It's a common misconception that often gets repeated. The reason people think that Malevolent Exposure is oblivion is because of their inability to shield it. But it's not oblivion damage. It can be mitigated and resisted. Just not by shields. That's because Malevolent Exposure dispels shields. But it doesn't bypass them since it's not actually oblivion damage.

Interesting, I didn't know that, have an insightful.
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've asked few people nobody had an answer, your theory makes sense but I'll give it a try.
    Basically I need a speed buff for portal and that skill looks like cheese so wanted to see if it's worth it or not.
    Also strange interaction I had with olms that if I go to mist form I take 0 damage from his swipes, hower he takes my mist away.

Nightblade with twisting path plus dark cloak with the orange tree maxed in the hasty passive and you will have zero issues. When delivering crystals prebuff cloak, grab the orb, lay down path in the direction of travel and run. You can run across the arena in about 2 ticks from that orb.
  • HappyDan
    HappyDan
    ✭✭✭

Nightblade with twisting path plus dark cloak with the orange tree maxed in the hasty passive and you will have zero issues. When delivering crystals prebuff cloak, grab the orb, lay down path in the direction of travel and run. You can run across the arena in about 2 ticks from that orb.

I'm A tank, comining a necro as well xd
    I've done cr planty of times on a warden even with a GH, was just wondering if I could cheese it since necro are kinda meh in portals
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've done cr planty of times on a warden even with a GH, was just wondering if I could cheese it since necro are kinda meh in portals

Both our portal tanks are sorcs in my prog group. Generally they deliver 2 of the orbs while portal dps takes pizza back upstairs. They both use streak I believe. I portal on either magblade or Magcro myself depends on which team. I find even Magcro to be super slow in there. Can still deliver orbs across the map though with hasty maxed.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Run race against time.
  • HappyDan
    HappyDan
    ✭✭✭

Both our portal tanks are sorcs in my prog group. Generally they deliver 2 of the orbs while portal dps takes pizza back upstairs. They both use streak I believe. I portal on either magblade or Magcro myself depends on which team. I find even Magcro to be super slow in there. Can still deliver orbs across the map though with hasty maxed.

Yeah when I was doing cr on my sorc it was pretty easy, yesterday did couple cr runs on a necro tank such a pain in the ass.
  • HappyDan
    HappyDan
    ✭✭✭
    Run race against time.

What about it?
  • HappyDan
    HappyDan
    ✭✭✭
    Anyways if anyone cares you do take less damage while in elusive mist but it's still *** since you don't regenerate health/mag so when you come out of the mist you are pretty low.
    So I wouldn't really recommend it.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Run race against time.

What about it?
    Basically I need a speed buff for portal