The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

Rapport - Mirri and Bastian - what increases it and decreases it - list here

• DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @HumbleThaumaturge
    There is the addon called "No, thank you!" it is still supported, so after it upgraded to U30
    we could use it to prohibit interaction with insects (as it has this settings).
    PC EU
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really don't like how they did their "rapport" system. It's just a nuisance, and frankly annoying.

I wish they would have emulated STWOR more and have it to where you can buy them gifts or go on quests to build rapport. Things like that. Punishing certain play styles like those who like to do dark brotherhood stuff (which is easily one of the coolest parts of this game) is just going to be obnoxious and force players to have to dismiss their companion all the time.
    Edited by Jeremy on May 20, 2021 9:34PM
  • HumbleThaumaturge
    HumbleThaumaturge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Confession: I don’t even care anymore what raises or lowers my rapport with them. The fact that they are dead most of the time has cratered their rapport with *me.*

I understand this feeling, as my Companion originally died quite often when I tested Update 30 with my North American characters a couple of weeks ago. This week, I have been testing with my EU characters (PTS, PC, v7.0.4). The changes ZOS made to the Companions has made a big, big difference in their survivability. Previously, Mirri quickly died during all encounters. Now, Mirri died just one time, during one Public Dungeon boss fight. However, Mirri survived quite nicely in all other Public Dungeons, delves, dolmen, etc. So, thanks ZOS for listening to player feedback and making the changes.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Confession: I don’t even care anymore what raises or lowers my rapport with them. The fact that they are dead most of the time has cratered their rapport with *me.*

I understand this feeling, as my Companion originally died quite often when I tested Update 30 with my North American characters a couple of weeks ago. This week, I have been testing with my EU characters (PTS, PC, v7.0.4). The changes ZOS made to the Companions has made a big, big difference in their survivability. Previously, Mirri quickly died during all encounters. Now, Mirri died just one time, during one Public Dungeon boss fight. However, Mirri survived quite nicely in all other Public Dungeons, delves, dolmen, etc. So, thanks ZOS for listening to player feedback and making the changes.

They have definitely made them noticeably more durable. They still die to the harder stuff, but at least they aren't made of paper now.
    Edited by Jeremy on May 20, 2021 9:39PM
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shimmer wrote: »
    I have not had Mirri show distaste in gathering flying insects and I've ran around looting them trying to get it to trigger and it has not. Not sure if that was patched out or bugged. (pun intended)

I did however get both of them to disapprove very vocally (not with the rapport decrease indicator on the lower left screen) that they do not like me killing critters. I had mirri call me a cruel fetcher for killing them.
    I've tested the 'flying insect catching' on Mirri a few times since the most recent patch and it DOES seem to be working. I picked up a rapport decrease just now for it. The five minute cooldown has increased, though. So, it's not happening quite as often.

• Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mirri's rapport has increased twice from psijic portals (glowing enchanting nodes).
    Very interesting. I tested it, replicated it, and added it to the list--thank you. I noticed there was no dialogue associated with it, though. I almost wonder if the portals were really just meant for Bastian, considering he is more interested in magical stuff. I guess we'll see if it lasts on Mirri or gets patched out.

• HumbleThaumaturge
    HumbleThaumaturge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, I was quite keen on Mirri liking me. Yes, yes, I know: Maybe I should play Hard-to-Get, but I really wanted that "Rapport" meter to move to the right. So I did a little Rapport grinding. There's definitely a cooldown time on activities that raise Rapport; so I started doing four things in a sequence, so the first thing had reset its timer by the time I got back to it. Well, grind, grind, grind . . . and that Rapport meter barely moves! (I agree with those who've expressed a wish for a number to be displayed above the pointer.) Anyway, my recommendation: Do NOT spend any time grinding Rapport. Just go about your normal Tamriel adventures, increasing Companion level and Companion skill trees, and let Rapport develop in the process. IMO: Don't go out of your way to try to just get Rapport to increase more quickly. (I did this experiment on the test server . . . so you don't have to do it on "live.")
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shimmer wrote: »
    I have not had Mirri show distaste in gathering flying insects and I've ran around looting them trying to get it to trigger and it has not. Not sure if that was patched out or bugged. (pun intended)

I did however get both of them to disapprove very vocally (not with the rapport decrease indicator on the lower left screen) that they do not like me killing critters. I had mirri call me a cruel fetcher for killing them.

That could be a problem given how often I accidentally kill them in AoEs.
  • rei91
    rei91
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I was quite keen on Mirri liking me. Yes, yes, I know: Maybe I should play Hard-to-Get, but I really wanted that "Rapport" meter to move to the right. So I did a little Rapport grinding. There's definitely a cooldown time on activities that raise Rapport; so I started doing four things in a sequence, so the first thing had reset its timer by the time I got back to it. Well, grind, grind, grind . . . and that Rapport meter barely moves! (I agree with those who've expressed a wish for a number to be displayed above the pointer.) Anyway, my recommendation: Do NOT spend any time grinding Rapport. Just go about your normal Tamriel adventures, increasing Companion level and Companion skill trees, and let Rapport develop in the process. IMO: Don't go out of your way to try to just get Rapport to increase more quickly. (I did this experiment on the test server . . . so you don't have to do it on "live.")

Yeah I did this too with Bastian... Read book always, in the most inappropriate situation possible. ("Mehrunes Dagon is looming over the fortress! We're allll gonna dieee!!!" - "yeah yeah, whatever, lemme skim through this bookshelf real quick" - Bastian:*approves*) also doing other things, completing the whole chapter.

Sooo... I needed to compare screenshots of Bastian and Mirri (didn't do anything) rapport in Paint to actually see the difference. I think it was about 3mm? After we practically saved the world together too (well he was mostly taking a dirt nap, but still).
    Wow.

Receiving some rapport increase after doing major plot points together would be nice.

Edit for typo
    Edited by rei91 on May 22, 2021 5:48AM
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been doing some serious testing with Mirri and the Flying Bugs (almost sounds like a band name, eh?) and the answer is:

She likes torchbugs and butterflies, and isn't happy when you kill them.

Torchbug: 4 decreases out of 8
    Butterfly: 3 decreases out of 9

Zero decreases on any of the following, most notably Fleshflies, which are the only other insect that occasionally drops a specific green alchemy ingredient along with its insect parts (fleshfly larvae).

Fleshflies: 11
    Dragonfly: 10
    Bright Moons Lunar Moth: 10
    Fetcherflies: 10
    Wasps: 1 (couldn't find these)
    Winter Moths: 6

Also, it appears that there is a cooldown on the rapport decrease, of approximately 5-6 minutes, which is the only reason my decrease ratios on Torchbugs and Butterflies were as low as they were. I was harvesting them too quickly.

She'll make a comment just about every time you pluck a bug she doesn't approve of, though. Randomly one of these two comments:
    "If you're going to kill bugs, at least kill Fetcher Flies."
    "There has got to be a better source for your alchemy practice."
    (No, there really isn't, Mirri. This is the only way to get Torchbug Thoraxes and Butterfly Wings!)

I can confirm the rapport increase for her on Psijic Portals, too. I got one on each of the two I ran across during my bug slaughtering.
    Event Tracker addon (PC NA/EU)
    Helps you keep track of your Event Tickets, so you don't miss any. Double XP on events is PASSIVE now!!
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This rapport system is a huge turn off. Are people actually going to grind more nonsense (in addition to the skill and gear) to get a cartoon character to like them? Geez. Just give me something that's combat ready, does decent damage, and doesn't die. I would pay for that. This stuff? No way. :/
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So neither launch companion is a fan of the Dark Brotherhood.

Are either of them cool with Necromancers?

Werewolf characters? Vampire characters?
    PC NA
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fennwitty wrote: »

I think they both may just be completely indifferent to Necromancers, Werewolfs, and Vampires. ;)

• Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Added the rapport increases for completing personal quests mentioned in the patch notes
    • Deleted (and in the process of deleting) what didn't make it to live including: Bastion liking the gathering of runestones, finding crafting stations, looting treasure/boss chests and Mirri's distaste for boats
    Edited by Cireous on June 2, 2021 10:56PM
  • valdrakb14_ESO
    On live, I definitely see increases from Mirri from bookshelf reading. Also, something that is not on your list is Alcoholic Beverage crafting.
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On live, I definitely see increases from Mirri from bookshelf reading. Also, something that is not on your list is Alcoholic Beverage crafting.
    Welp, you're right about the bookshelves :blush: I had been searching them all night in Blackwood on Mirri and nothing. After reading your comment, I headed to Summerset and got the rapport increase for Mirri the first bookshelf I searched. I will add that one back!

The alcohol crafting is one of the first ones listed, as it comes with an (Achievement).

• valdrakb14_ESO
    I was thinking that stuff labeled (Achievement) were a one time thing.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fennwitty wrote: »

I turned into a werewolf in combat while with Mirri and she did not seem to notice, so I guess she doesn't care at all.

This thread is golden, thanks to all and please keep up reporting. This is a real investigation !

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on June 2, 2021 12:31PM
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's what I thought, too, but it's wrong. At least when it comes to alcoholic drinks. I gained 1 rapport point when crafting on with her at my side, even though I had completed the achievement already.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

That's what I thought, too, but it's wrong. At least when it comes to alcoholic drinks. I gained 1 rapport point when crafting on with her at my side, even though I had completed the achievement already.

How does one see a count or whatever of rapport points?
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭

He meant he saw rapport for doing it on the right side of his screen in the loot history, so, one rapport. Unfortunately, all we get is a rapport bar on our companion menu where it's nearly impossible to see it moving in one direction or another. I wish it had numbers associated with it.

• Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seeing talk about rapport decreases for crafting provisioning daily writ items in front of Bastian. Was able to repeat this with Firsthold Fruit and Cheese Plate so far. I thought I might have gotten a decrease for the drink that went along with it, but I am uncertain.

Which specific food/drink items are giving you guys rapport decreases?
  • valdrakb14_ESO
    Book reading seems to be loadscreen dependent. If I stay in one zone and read a book, wait 10 minutes.. no additional readin book gains. If I move to another zone, read a book, go back to that zone read a book.. it usually works faster than 10 minute cooldown.. Still inconclusive what it does.. But just food for thought.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Add-on "LootDrop".
    Maybe the default ingame loot logger displays it too.
  • PurpleScroll
    PurpleScroll
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've found a daily that increases rapport with Mirri by +125, the same as the Fighters Guild - the Ashlander relic daily from Numani Rasi in Vvardenfell, Ald'ruhn. Considering this is a daedric relic quest, she makes comments when you hand it in, such as it being good for her research.
  • Deanathrae
    Deanathrae
    ✭✭
    I had a rapport increase with Bastian by simply entering a Mages Guild (the one in Wayrest, in case that makes a difference).
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not directly related to how to maximize rapport, but have you noticed that Bastian tells you when you pass by a heavy sack and miss it ? Nice feature ! :-)
  • iambenyo
    iambenyo
    Soul Shriven
    I just got a rapport increase with mirri for summoning a daedric pet. she said something about not knowing you could tame a daedric creature
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've found a daily that increases rapport with Mirri by +125, the same as the Fighters Guild - the Ashlander relic daily from Numani Rasi in Vvardenfell, Ald'ruhn. Considering this is a daedric relic quest, she makes comments when you hand it in, such as it being good for her research.
    Unfortunately, I only have a few characters with access to these quests at the moment, so it's slow going, but so far, I have found only one of the relic quests that gives rapport out of the few I have tried: Relics of Ebernanit. I will continue to do them until I have double checked them all. I have only completed 3/7 so far. Not getting rapport from Relics of Ashurnabitashipi or Relics of Assarnatamat.

• Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iambenyo wrote: »
    I just got a rapport increase with mirri for summoning a daedric pet. she said something about not knowing you could tame a daedric creature
    Ha, was running around on my sorcerer summoning pets with no fanfare from Mirri until it occured to me that you might have meant non-combat Daedric pets ;)

Seems she will comment on every non-combat Daedric pet you summon, but will give you a rapport increase only after you summon a couple of them, regardless of which ones you choose. After a few days, I am seeing that only a few of my Daedric pets seem to give rapport: Slate-Skinned Daedrat and Daemon Chicken.

Nice find!

Edited by Cireous on June 8, 2021 10:14PM