The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Rapport - Mirri and Bastian - what increases it and decreases it - list here

• Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    This isn't rapport-related, but some of my friends have been noticing Bastian commenting when you're near a Psijic portal or heavy sack. (Well, the Psijic portal is, because harvesting those can increase rapport if it's not on cooldown.)

"There's Psijic energy here," is a comment from being near a portal.

Multiple different comments have been observed for heavy sacks, such as, "Even an old sack might have treasure in it."
    Event Tracker addon (PC NA/EU)
    Helps you keep track of your Event Tickets, so you don't miss any. Double XP on events is PASSIVE now!!
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cireous wrote: »
    • Request: Please name the exact Daedric pets Mirri is giving you rapport for summoning so I can create an accurate list as I don't have them all, and I am curious how specific this is

I only have three daedric pets:
    • Grisly Banekin Mummy
    • Stonefire Scamp
    • Wickerlight Banekin

Contrary to what I wrote above, I belive that the time Mirri commented favorably on the third one but didn't increase rapport, I summoned them in alphabetical order.

Edited by FrancisCrawford on June 9, 2021 5:21AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looting a "canteen cozy", which is drinkware, did not get any kind of reaction to Mirri.

I had just read a book for her before doing that. Maybe some things share cooldowns?
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Going to Toothmaul Gully and killing a lot of goblins didn't do anything for my rapport with Mirri.
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Request: Please name the exact Daedric pets Mirri is giving you rapport for summoning so I can create an accurate list as I don't have them all, and I am curious how specific this is

I only have three daedric pets:
    • Grisly Banekin Mummy
    • Stonefire Scamp
    • Wickerlight Banekin

Contrary to what I wrote above, I belive that the time Mirri commented favorably on the third one but didn't increase rapport, I summoned them in alphabetical order.
    These are the three I am not getting rapport for summoning (so far):
    • Banekin
    • Grisly Banekin Mummy
    • Wickerfright Banekin
    So, similiar to yours. I wonder if it's just "all banekin" that do not count.

The ones I am getting rapport for:
    • Daemon Chicken
    • Slate-Skinned Daedrat
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looting a "canteen cozy", which is drinkware, did not get any kind of reaction to Mirri.

I had just read a book for her before doing that. Maybe some things share cooldowns?
    I started testing this stuff today. I have come across a few "alcohol' (not just drink related) items that gave no rapport. But they were iffy things like empty alcohol bottle treasures. I have found no reading related items yet. I have yet to come across the items I had previously picked up rapport for on the PTS (and no, i didn't happen to grab a book off a shelf at the same time).

I am going to spend most of tomorrow testing this now that i have finished up all my companion guild rank farming.

I don't know if this rapport method has even remained since the chapter went live. I'm sure I will have this figured out by the end of the night tomorrow, though. :neutral:

• Zeevee
    Zeevee
    Soul Shriven
    Killing Death Hunters in a random encounter in Stormhaven resulted in +10 rapport for Bastian.

Psijic portal cooldown is probably five minutes (less than six, and greater than four). Cooldowns for Mirri and Bastian are separate -- was able to loot two psijic portals, one per companion, within 2 - 3 minutes.
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't see a rapport decrease but when I accidentally killed a frog in combat Bastian said, "You're going to eat that, right?"
    Also I went to Artaeum with him and saw no rapport increase - haven't started the Psjic quest yet so idk if that makes a difference.
    Also also, I read an awful lot of books before I saw a rapport increase for him.
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017Proud member of the Aetherium Alliance.Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suggestion : wouldn't it be a good thing to collect / register the cooldown time on rapport triggering actions ?
    For instance, it looks like you can't just read from bookshelves continously to increase rapport, but you can scry / excavate endlessly...
    I'm willing to add cooldown information to the list, but it will take someone a little more neuro-developmentally dynamic then myself to collect it all with the exactness the testing deserves and requires. :flushed:

Does it have to be 100% exact ? We could go by guessing/observing/error/correction like we already do ...

My current guess is that same rapport values share the same cooldown, which is between 5 and 10 minutes). For instance, reading a book will give me +1, triggering a cooldown during which other "+1-triggers" will not work (like summoning a pet) .
    Same for minus triggers.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I scryed in front of Bastian and then immediately read a book in front of him. I got 5 points, then 1 point. So there's no cross-cooldown problem there.
  • Chuck_Finley
    Chuck_Finley
    ✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »
    How much Rapport do you need to unlock the next quests for your companion?

I just finished a daily and my rapport with Mirri is now 1528 according to the companion addon. For the first time I got a quest marker over Mirri. So my guess is 1500 would be enough to trigger the first quest.

ajs8u2g3kcij.png

Also the only daedric pet I have that gives rapport seems to be the Slate-Skinned Daedrat. I have 4 different types of Bankins that don't give rapport when summoned
  • Chuck_Finley
    Chuck_Finley
    ✭✭✭
    So follow up, after completing that first quest I got 500 rapport then got the next quest right after for another 500. I think there are only 2 as it seems the short story is finished. Though it should be noted there is a achievement for getting max rep with a follower that still is greyed out and the companion addon seems to suggest the max rep is 5500 and I'm now sitting at 2500 so if all you did was the ashlander daily and fighters guild daily it would still take about two weeks to reach max rep after completing the follower quest. Unless you get people to share dailies with you.
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Deleted Mirri rapport increases for drinking and reading-related stolen treasures. I am unable to replicate what I was seeing on the PTS
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I scryed in front of Bastian and then immediately read a book in front of him. I got 5 points, then 1 point. So there's no cross-cooldown problem there.

That also works in opposite order. Note that you can scry a zone's free lead and then abandon it. So if you want a quick 5-6 rapport, they're common available. This assumes, of course, that you actually enjoy the little scrying minigame; otherwise it's a big waste of time.
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Looks like Bastian has a thing for killing bandits in general, kind of like Mirri and Goblins. Added.
    • Same goes for Worm Cultists (such as the ones found at Dolmens). Looks like you can get the +1 rapport for them wherever you find them.
    Edited by Cireous on June 10, 2021 7:10AM
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done the Ashlander daily for Mirri's rapport 4 times now and no rapport. I thought it might be you can't get the +125 twice in a 20 hour period or something but nope, did that daily first and still nothing. Bummer.
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • Chuck_Finley
    Chuck_Finley
    ✭✭✭
    --SPOILERS--

Bastion LIKES:
    +125 Completing Mage Guild daily quest

Mirri LIKES:

+125 Completing Fighter's Guild daily quest
    +125 Completing Ashlander daily quest for Numani-Rasi (occasionally bugged and giving no rapport)

So it would suggest because Mirri has 2 dailies that award 125 rapport that Bastian should also have an as of yet undiscovered daily that should award 125 rapport. At least that would be my hope, do we have a list somewhere of tested dailies that didnt work?

Tested so far

Clockwork City - none of the 4 dailies gave any rapport to Bastian (World Boss/delve/harvest/crow)

Dark Brotherhood - No rapport to Bastian from the daily World Boss or Delve quest (didn't try the murder quests since they are already listed as rapport losses)

Northern Elsweyr Chapter - No Bastian rapport change for any of the 3 dailies there (Dragons, World Boss or Delve)

Southern Elsweyr DLC - No Bastian Rapport for the 2 Dragonguard dailies (Dragons/delve) and the 2 Senchal dailies (WB/delve)
    Edited by Chuck_Finley on June 13, 2021 2:16PM
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm Bastian did not receive a rapport increase for:

Finding Psijic relics for the Artaeum quest or completing the Vault of Moawita
    Giving money to the beggar in the Give To The Poor random encounter
    The "destroy abyssal geysers" daily in Summerset
    Lighting a campfire in the Lightbringer random encounter
    Finding M'aiq

Bastian did receive an increase for the following random encounters:

Saving the sorcerer from their own summoned Daedra
    Saving the Psijic from their own summoned Daedra (Blackwood)
    Saving the Altmer soldiers from the gryphon (Summerset)
    Saving the merchant and bodyguard from bandits
    Saving the traveller from bandits
    Killing the three Death Dealers

Testing continues...
    Edited by ectoplasmicninja on June 10, 2021 6:25PM
    PC NA, CP2000+Character creation is the true endgame.
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done the Ashlander daily for Mirri's rapport 4 times now and no rapport. I thought it might be you can't get the +125 twice in a 20 hour period or something but nope, did that daily first and still nothing. Bummer.
    Ugh, that sucks. I can't figure this one out either.

• Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    --SPOILERS--

Bastion LIKES:
    +125 Completing Mage Guild daily quest

Mirri LIKES:

+125 Completing Fighter's Guild daily quest
    +125 Completing Ashlander daily quest for Numani-Rasi (occasionally bugged and giving no rapport)

So it would suggest because Mirri has 2 dailies that award 125 rapport that Bastian should also have an as of yet undiscovered daily that should award 125 rapport. At least that would be my hope, do we have a list somewhere of tested dailies that didnt work?

Tested so far

Clockwork City - none of the 4 dailies gave any rapport to Bastian (World Boss/delve/harvest/crow)

Dark Brotherhood - No rapport to Bastian from the daily World Boss or Delve quest (didn't try the murder quests since they are already listed as rapport losses)
    I know, right? Bastian HAS to have his own daily. It must be out there somewhere...

• Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm Bastian did not receive a rapport increase for:

Finding Psijic relics for the Artaeum quest or completing the Vault of Moawita
    Giving money to the beggar in the Give To The Poor random encounter
    The "destroy abyssal geysers" daily in Summerset
    Lighting a campfire in the Lightbringer random encounter
    Finding M'aiq

Bastian did receive an increase for the following random encounters:

Saving the sorcerer from their own summoned Daedra
    Saving the Psijic from their own summoned Daedra (Blackwood)
    Saving the Altmer soldiers from the gryphon (Summerset)
    Saving the merchant and bodyguard from bandits
    Saving the traveller from bandits
    Killing the three Death Dealers

Testing continues...
    That's the spirit! :love:
    Disappointed with the give to the poor one... what is up with that misleading trailer... lol

• Chuck_Finley
    Chuck_Finley
    ✭✭✭

There are 2 daily quest givers there, I've got my Ashlander rapport for Mirri from the quests given by Numani-Rasi, I get no rapport from the quest given by Huntmaster Sorim-Nakar

*Might have that backwards, a guildmate just tested it and it didnt work. Ill have to check again tomorrow.

**Second edit, I did the quest for both today, didn't get notified of rapport increases from either quest but Mirri did have a comment about me finishing the quest after talking to Numani-Rasi. Wayshrined to Mournhold to do the other quests and upon reaching Mournhold my Rapport showed the increase from the quest I just did for the Ashlanders. So it seems like Numani-Rasi is the correct quest giver but either ZoS or the Addon lags a bit behind in notifying us. I even have a little +125 for Mirri on the addon

***Edit 3*** So I tried some of the other activities to raise rep listed like the 4 listed bellow. Mirri did mention when I walked into the room with the completed model, the completed vault and when I crafted a alcoholic drink but no rapport gain. So my take on this rapport thing is, it is still buggy. So I guess it's on us to submit bug reports whenever we are supposed to get rapport gains but don't.

+5 Entering the Library of Vivec with a completed large scale model of Vvardenfell
    +5 Walking down the stairs to the bottom floor entrance of a completed Vault of Moawita in Summerset
    +1 Reading a book from a bookshelf
    +1 Crafting an alcoholic beverage
    Edited by Chuck_Finley on June 11, 2021 12:21PM
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's the spirit! :love:
    Disappointed with the give to the poor one... what is up with that misleading trailer... lol

Same! Will try again on another character just to verify. I saw someone say they got a huge increase for lighting a fire for Lightbringer but I did that 3 times across 2 characters and saw nothing. He didn't even comment. He doesn't comment on the Library of Vivec with the incomplete Vvardenfell scale model and no rapport movement, I have yet to try him with a completed one. He didn't comment on the Vault of Moawita, either complete or incomplete, and no rapport movement.

Is it just me or is Mirri better developed in terms of rapport and dialogue triggers?
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nevermind.
    Edited by SteveCampsOut on June 12, 2021 3:04AM
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So no-one’s found the mysterious second daily for Bastian ?

Me neither.

Either it doesn’t exist (why….?) or it’s bugged.

@ZOS_GinaBruno can you shed any light? Should there be a daily quest in addition to the Mages Guild daily that bumps Bastian’s rapport? Are we just looking in the wrong place……?

Any help gratefully received !!
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made one Port Hunding Cheese Fries. No rapport decrease. I put a point in the passive that lets you make an extra serving and then used my addon to make 10 (so actually 20) at once. Rapport decrease of 1. What gives with this? He's okay with a single cheese dish but Divines forbid you overindulge in dairy? Is he secretly lactose intolerant and gets made when you flaunt your cheesy ways in front of him? Or is it gluttony he dislikes?
  • aipex8_ESO
    aipex8_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spoke with Sotha Sil during the Summerset main quest and Mirri asked what he told me and gave me a rapport increase (don't know how much).
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aipex8_ESO wrote: »
    Spoke with Sotha Sil during the Summerset main quest and Mirri asked what he told me and gave me a rapport increase (don't know how much).

This is interesting - I'm going to start Summerset with Bastian and see if I get any increases for joining the Psijics etc.
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No reaction for The Queen's Decree, closing time rifts, or receiving the Psijic skill line. Not even dialogue far less rapport. I thought for sure gaining the line would trigger something, or maybe talking to the Ritemaster, but nope, nothing.
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made one Port Hunding Cheese Fries. No rapport decrease. I put a point in the passive that lets you make an extra serving and then used my addon to make 10 (so actually 20) at once. Rapport decrease of 1. What gives with this? He's okay with a single cheese dish but Divines forbid you overindulge in dairy? Is he secretly lactose intolerant and gets made when you flaunt your cheesy ways in front of him? Or is it gluttony he dislikes?
    Found a couple more as well after plugging the word cheese into the search box: Rabbit Haunch with Cheese Grits, Whiterun Cheese-Baked Trout. Added them to the list.