The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Goliath Form is a bit overpowered.

• YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shantu wrote: »
    It never ends...

oops-200x133.jpg

definitely seems like a lot of community outrage is misdirected just because a class is overpowered in an area or 2 so they attack several aspects of the class even if that particular aspect is not even broken in of itself, but rather, just because the class is strong, this line of thought is incredibly unhealthy for balance. but it's not as if you can ask everyone to think logically about the design of a class.

Well said.

Enlightened game design balances the powerful features a given unit-to-balance with other features that counter it. This contrasts with the relatively mindless approach toward game design that seeks to smash down any features that stand above the rest until every unit-to-balance is exactly the same.

Unfortunately, many, especially when they lose in PvP, instinctively gravitate toward the latter. It is my belief that most nerf threads are created as a continuation of the lost battle, one last play for revenge. The forums and these threads become, to abuse Clausewitz, PvP by other means.
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goliath alone is fine.
    Harbringer blocktard build is not. Why suddenly forcing entire group to wait for ult to wear off here is fine, but old DK wings "just dont use projectiles" is not? Be consistent Zos.
  • Dovahmiim
    Dovahmiim
    ✭✭✭
    Skoomah wrote: »
    Necromancer's Goliath Form ultimate skill is so powerful. It lasts 20 seconds (one of the longest lasting ultimates), increases HP to god mode level (equal to fighting two player's health pools in one, increasing survivability equal to DK's Corrosive Armor Ultimate), heals a player to full (equal to a Restoration Skill Line Ultimate), deals tons of aoe damage and heals equal to the damage output (equal to DK's Standard of Might Ultimate's damage and Rapid Regen Skill's heal over time). Also, given the fact that this ultimate can be up and ready to go again every 90 seconds or so, it's a bit overpowered.

Also, let me add that, 20 seconds in PVP is an ETERNITY.

Who wants to fight against this? Not many people... so the PVP community is shrinking by the day.

What are you going to do about it ZOS?

Arent you the guy who's played carry wolf for literal years now? XD
    I'm better.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the BGs perspective then? I can personally only comment on open world cp Cyro.

One of the most cancerous BG openers due to 500 ulti at start. But if a player chooses to waste so much ulti for it instead of oneshotting with dawnbreaker 3 times instead, I don't mind really. As people said, it can be avoided. That's hard in teamfight, but still doable with some coordination.
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about not standing next to it? It's fine as is. Stop asking for nerfs!
  • Tessitura
    Tessitura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know there is a lot of outcry against necros in pvp and I share some of that, but a lot of people also dont seem to notice how necros barely use any necromancer abilities outside of the survival abilities. Look at any popular necro pvp build, bg or cyro and you will notice it barely uses any of it's own kit for offense. Stam weapons over perform so of course stamina necros run those skills and rely on necro stuff for defense. They are one of the only stam classes that have a class kit thay can rely on to stay alive so effectively, which means they are free to dizzy spam someone with bb inbetween. Magcro turtles up because it\s their only option while they wait for a ultimate or a aoe situation. If people decide to run, magcro just has to watch cause they cant chase or keep them there, they can just turtle.

Necro sure does need some retooling but it for sure does not need just blankets nerfs that would shatter the class. The class is literally defined by its survivability in pvp, meant to hold a area and control it. Take that away and it pretty much has nothing. This feels much worse on a stam character since again, base line stamina weapons just over perform in pvp then add in that survivability and bam, big killer.

You know its funny to me because I see DK's doing the same thing, turtling and waiting for ult then smahsing a bunch of people, Wardens just juggernaut run into groups and are not punished for it, templars got a low cost ult that hits like a truck and opens up huge burst windows. These are all classes I see a lot more of in pvp then necro and perform very, very, well. ( I wont even mention sorc here because we all heard it 5000 times. ) You know why these get played more? Because no one wants to jump through the hoops required to make necro work offensively. Its much easier to build and run these classes in pvp then necro.

I think the problem zos has here would 100% be solved by balancing pvp and pve separately. Stam does very well in pvp but not so much in pve and they only seem to consider the pve these days. This is why we see so many buffs to stam builds. They do it for pve but then that effects pvp. Same goes for magicka which does very well in pve but not so much in pvp, so they get toned down for pve and it feels like a nut crush in pvp.
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ryuvain wrote: »
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    Vampire lord and goliath are balanced, you can’t regen ult while its up and you just need to kit it for 20 seconds and its over, if any transformation ult is overpowered its werewolf, the thing can literally last indefinitely in combat.
    It never ends...

oops-200x133.jpg

Seriously. Werewolves were already nerfed and aren't even tanky. They also can't use ults. The trauma must be real.

No purge, no range, basic armor, no ult, no back bar...

Hardly nerfed in the grand scheme of how the entire game changed at the same time, you saying 1 bar like its a negative, many werewolf players aren’t capable of utilising 2 bars anyway. On live they have huge damage output with malacath, huge and easy regen with engine guardian, a hard CC, an execute, a gapclose all on 1 bar, couple with 45k health and crimson and you have the survivability of a tank with almost a magsorc spamming streaks mobility in sprint speed bonuses and enough damage to kill most players 1v1 and easily Xv1 even the most competent players with 0 chance of getting burst down in an Xv1 scenario, and thats a terrible player playing one, a good 1vXer has an absolute field day. Not bad for a build that has 1 bar and basically auto heals.
  • Pepegrillos
    Pepegrillos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It never ends...

oops-200x133.jpg

definitely seems like a lot of community outrage is misdirected just because a class is overpowered in an area or 2 so they attack several aspects of the class even if that particular aspect is not even broken in of itself, but rather, just because the class is strong, this line of thought is incredibly unhealthy for balance. but it's not as if you can ask everyone to think logically about the design of a class.

Well said.

Enlightened game design balances the powerful features a given unit-to-balance with other features that counter it. This contrasts with the relatively mindless approach toward game design that seeks to smash down any features that stand above the rest until every unit-to-balance is exactly the same.

Unfortunately, many, especially when they lose in PvP, instinctively gravitate toward the latter. It is my belief that most nerf threads are created as a continuation of the lost battle, one last play for revenge. The forums and these threads become, to abuse Clausewitz, PvP by other means.

Could you elaborate on the idea that clown form is a product of enlightened game design, and how it has been balanced (by introducing counters to it, for example)?
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Could you elaborate on the idea that clown form is a product of enlightened game design, and how it has been balanced (by introducing counters to it, for example)?
    "But you can counter it by waiting there doing nothing until your zerg shows up!"
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Goliaths must now wear giant shoes the color of their alliance, reducing health by 2% for each funny horn slotted.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not a bit overpowered: it's broken, which doesn't mean it's the only one around in that state.

I don't remember any other ability, in any mmorpg I've played, that works both as an "oh ***" skill and a gross enhancer of your overall survival and damage capabilities simultaneously. An ability should either save you from dying (Undo), massively enhance your survival (SB ult), or enhance your damage (Onslaught?). Perhaps you could have two of those (Corrosive), but all three at the same time?

There's other ultimates in the game that provide buffs that work in the same manner that goliath does that you described here. The dual wield ultimate, it does a massive DoT tick on your target and it heals at the same time. Therefore it has both offensive and defensive capabiities. Especiall the thrive in chaos morph.
    Ability description:
    Slash enemies in front of you, causing them to bleed for 9170 Bleed Damage over 8 seconds and healing you for 50% of the damage done. Each enemy hit increases your damage done by 6% for the duration. This effect can stack up to 6 times. This ability has potential to return 50% of the damage dealt to targets and it's an AoE damage over time ability. The dot usually ticks for 2.5k ticks every second when I've used it before. And then the damage done increase makes thel dot tick for even more and as the ability states, more damage = more healing.

Literally any transformation is another ability that increases survivability and damage simulatenously. Vampire, werewolf. Especially werewolf because you can potentially stay in werewolf indefinitely despite it having a time limit on it.

Corrosive armor/magma shell like you said, however corrosive is way stronger because it gives outright damage mitigation instead of health. The necro goliath only gives health and a strong heal/dot attached to it but it doesn't increase your tankiness at all. If you were squishy beforehand, you will still be squishy even with 50k hp in goliath. Whereas corrossive gives you outright damage mitigation, limiting incoming damage which potentially gimps any ultimate someone tries using on you to negligible damage. Not only that, it deals damage and with DK earthern heart passives where they get 46 tri stats per ultimate cost, so it's a heal, resource pool restore, gives damage mitigation, deals damage over time that can't be purged(because the dot is centered around the caster), and direct damage ignores physical resistance outright.

Let's not forget the broken ability wardens have: arctic blast which is literally a damage over time, heal over time, burst heal, and stun all wrapped into one ability. Which like you stated increases survivability and gives you increased damage through DoT ticks. All those buffs and it's not even an ultimate

I'm not arguing for or against your PoV however goliath is hardly the only ability in the game that gives similar functionality that you think is problematic
    Edited by xDeusEJRx on May 13, 2021 6:42PM
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lmao these replies "just move out of it" almost forgetting that ranged & gapclosers exist :s

TBH the most obnoxious part of the ultimate is the heal on transformation, that's about it really.
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »

The necro goliath only gives health and a strong heal/dot attached to it but it doesn't increase your tankiness at all. If you were squishy beforehand, you will still be squishy even with 50k hp in goliath.

Wut.
    Edited by dinokstrunz on May 13, 2021 6:47PM
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ryuvain wrote: »
    Vampire lord and goliath are balanced, you can’t regen ult while its up and you just need to kit it for 20 seconds and its over, if any transformation ult is overpowered its werewolf, the thing can literally last indefinitely in combat.
    It never ends...

oops-200x133.jpg

Seriously. Werewolves were already nerfed and aren't even tanky. They also can't use ults. The trauma must be real.

No purge, no range, basic armor, no ult, no back bar...

Hardly nerfed in the grand scheme of how the entire game changed at the same time, you saying 1 bar like its a negative, many werewolf players aren’t capable of utilising 2 bars anyway. On live they have huge damage output with malacath, huge and easy regen with engine guardian, a hard CC, an execute, a gapclose all on 1 bar, couple with 45k health and crimson and you have the survivability of a tank with almost a magsorc spamming streaks mobility in sprint speed bonuses and enough damage to kill most players 1v1 and easily Xv1 even the most competent players with 0 chance of getting burst down in an Xv1 scenario, and thats a terrible player playing one, a good 1vXer has an absolute field day. Not bad for a build that has 1 bar and basically auto heals.

You know that base classes can do the exact same with that setup right? Most of that is procs doing your work for you. You're saying a class can't slot a gapcloser, execute, cc, and mobility on one bar? They have two bars.

Wolves still lose to cc and have no purge or range. Base classes are better imo. Haven't seen any problematic wolves in PvP recently. They usually die faster than before they transformed. I don't do bgs though, so no comment there.

Malacath is still the biggest problem on live. It enables the dumbest builds that are used by anyone.
    Edited by Ryuvain on May 13, 2021 8:24PM
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • Jayroo
    Jayroo
    ✭✭✭✭
    why don't you think a bit harder and beg for pve and pvp to be separated instead
    Edited by Jayroo on May 14, 2021 2:16AM
  • StamPlar_1976
    StamPlar_1976
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing you weren't here when Necro was first introduced. THAT was overpowered. Now? It's a joke.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing you weren't here when Necro was first introduced. THAT was overpowered. Now? It's a joke.

I still shutter at the thought of bashcro. I bet it sold a bunch of chapters though.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • miteba
    miteba
    ✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    How about moving out of range of the ultimate? If you are standing in range of a 20sec ultimate the whole time...

Also, STOP ASKING FOR NERFS!!

By standard, in these asking-for-nerfs-threads, the 2nd or 3rd comment are the "wake up call" from whom is against nerfs, for every reason possible.

I really really love when those "wake up calls" have much more likes and awesomes than the ones asked by nerfers.

I've made this war mine too (fight against nerfs) because if Zenimax were constantly buffing stuff, i would understand it, but It's exactly the opoposite. People don't need to help or encourage them even more...
    Edited by miteba on May 15, 2021 2:42PM