The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Goliath Form is a bit overpowered.

Skoomah
Skoomah
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Necromancer's Goliath Form ultimate skill is so powerful. It lasts 20 seconds (one of the longest lasting ultimates), increases HP to god mode level (equal to fighting two player's health pools in one, increasing survivability equal to DK's Corrosive Armor Ultimate), heals a player to full (equal to a Restoration Skill Line Ultimate), deals tons of aoe damage and heals equal to the damage output (equal to DK's Standard of Might Ultimate's damage and Rapid Regen Skill's heal over time). Also, given the fact that this ultimate can be up and ready to go again every 90 seconds or so, it's a bit overpowered.

Also, let me add that, 20 seconds in PVP is an ETERNITY.

Who wants to fight against this? Not many people... so the PVP community is shrinking by the day.

What are you going to do about it ZOS?
Edited by Skoomah on May 12, 2021 3:03PM
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about moving out of range of the ultimate? If you are standing in range of a 20sec ultimate the whole time...

Also, STOP ASKING FOR NERFS!!
    Edited by BlueRaven on May 12, 2021 3:06PM
  • NoxiousBlight
    NoxiousBlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, it is not overpowered. Just walk away from them for 20 seconds. It isn't an eternity. You're fine. Just use the time to regen. At worst it resets the fight and many classes have the ability to do that.

Stop asking for nerfs that are not needed.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's probably gonna break one of the HP scaling procs (again). But is it really any more broken than Blastbones being a nuke that body blocks for you (but has a random chance to do absolutely nothing)? Or Spirit Mender being a powerful HoT stapled to a major level mitigation buff that still stacks with Major Protection? Just ban necro from PvP.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd really rather see some of the useless ultimates that other classes have get buffed. Necro just happens to have 3 good ones, as all classes should.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    STOP ASKING FOR NERFS!!
    Agree. Instead, ban necro from PvP. No effect on PvE. Win/win/win.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can't blame the PvP community shrinking on this. Old Bashcros maybe, but not just the ultimate by itself. It's a temporary super-soldier like the Vampire ultimate, but like Emperor buff it won't make a bad player great all of the sudden.

edit to add "Old" Bashcros
    Edited by NordSwordnBoard on May 12, 2021 3:30PM
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    is this a joke?
    *and has so crunchy mobility that if someone dies in its aura it is totally its own mistake...
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's not overpowered at all.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's not an issue of power, it's an issue of "ignore them or zerg them" creating dull play patterns commonly referred to as "tank meta" on these forums. I don't think this ability should be singled out, but I feel where OP is coming from. You can also argue that tank ults force more and more players to stack in order to end the battle, creating more lag.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's not an issue of power, it's an issue of "ignore them or zerg them" creating dull play patterns commonly referred to as "tank meta" on these forums. I don't think this ability should be singled out, but I feel where OP is coming from. You can also argue that tank ults force more and more players to stack in order to end the battle, creating more lag.

Its an ultimate, it is meant to be game changer. This is a slower burn than many, equally you could drop the Colossus for the same cost except for instant gratification. This would also turn the tide significantly of course on the opposite side of the spectrum to the insane survivability the Goliath gives you for 20 seconds. I agree the best tactic is to ignore and wait for the ultimate to end. I don't believe it is overpowered at all though. It was the consistent tankiness that was an issue imo.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its an ultimate, it is meant to be game changer... I agree the best tactic is to ignore and wait for the ultimate to end.
    But it's a game changer that doesn't win, it just stalls while both sides pray their zerg stacks first.
  • Pepegrillos
    Pepegrillos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not a bit overpowered: it's broken, which doesn't mean it's the only one around in that state.

I don't remember any other ability, in any mmorpg I've played, that works both as an "oh ***" skill and a gross enhancer of your overall survival and damage capabilities simultaneously. An ability should either save you from dying (Undo), massively enhance your survival (SB ult), or enhance your damage (Onslaught?). Perhaps you could have two of those (Corrosive), but all three at the same time?

It's as if lay of hands in world of warcraft also gave you 4 times your hp and a massive, permanent aoe.

When you talk about skills like these (including the old mistform, or unblockable spammable gap closers that stun and damge, i.e, streak) to people that play other mmorpgs, they either can't believe it or laugh about it, or both.

Yes, you can kite the clown form in ideal situations, but pvp rarely involves such situations. Some clown forms have gap closers, snares, or their teammates do. (It might be also worth asking whether the increase in size also increases your melee range, which is something that happens in other mmos).
    Edited by Pepegrillos on May 12, 2021 5:03PM
  • jecks33
    jecks33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    do you remember 2 years ago when the "Necro pvp bash build" came out?

Atm the goliath ulti is a joke, just kite it for 20 seconds. Good players don't even use this ulti, they use the (10k x 3 ticks, aoe, major vulnerability) colossus
    PC-EU
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont just look at abilities through OW lenses
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • IAmIcehouse
    IAmIcehouse
    ✭✭✭✭
    Instead of instantly healing you for 30K HP, it should just keep you at whatever %HP you had before adding the 30K. If casted at full HP, then heals you 30k. If casted at 10k HP (of your 30K maxhp), then it should heal you for 10K.
    Edited by IAmIcehouse on May 12, 2021 5:48PM
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What's the BGs perspective then? I can personally only comment on open world cp Cyro.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here I am thinking 20 seconds is not long enough... Then again that's my perspective of Vampire's Blood Scion. In PVP 20 seconds goes by so fast.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the BGs perspective then? I can personally only comment on open world cp Cyro.

Its worse, I main bgs.
  • Anonx31st
    Anonx31st
    ✭✭✭
    Skoomah wrote: »
    Necromancer's Goliath Form ultimate skill is so powerful. It lasts 20 seconds (one of the longest lasting ultimates), increases HP to god mode level (equal to fighting two player's health pools in one, increasing survivability equal to DK's Corrosive Armor Ultimate), heals a player to full (equal to a Restoration Skill Line Ultimate), deals tons of aoe damage and heals equal to the damage output (equal to DK's Standard of Might Ultimate's damage and Rapid Regen Skill's heal over time). Also, given the fact that this ultimate can be up and ready to go again every 90 seconds or so, it's a bit overpowered.

Who wants to fight against this? Not many people... so the PVP community is shrinking by the day.

Please no...
    Edited by Anonx31st on May 12, 2021 7:02PM
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In BGs, it's just a period of disengagement, unless they popped the form as a emergency reaction to getting outnumbered by your team. If that's the case, I'll just keep smashing them with my teammates until they die.

I definitely don't see it as overpowered in BGs.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampire lord and goliath are balanced, you can’t regen ult while its up and you just need to kit it for 20 seconds and its over, if any transformation ult is overpowered its werewolf, the thing can literally last indefinitely in combat.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    it's honestly not overpowered. fighting against a goliathed necro isn't that bad.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • honey_badger82
    honey_badger82
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zos: we have heard your plight pvp players! we will nerf this ultimate into oblivion!
    PvE necro tank players: well, looks like necro tank is dead, guess I wont tank anymore
    Random dungeon que: increased by 30+ min for dps toons.

yes ZoS please listen to this guy... my PvE only necro tank has no use for such an overpowered ultimate!
  • Gaggin
    Gaggin
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is totally broken op, needs some fine tuning
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It never ends...

oops-200x133.jpg
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shantu wrote: »
    It never ends...

oops-200x133.jpg

definitely seems like a lot of community outrage is misdirected just because a class is overpowered in an area or 2 so they attack several aspects of the class even if that particular aspect is not even broken in of itself, but rather, just because the class is strong, this line of thought is incredibly unhealthy for balance. but it's not as if you can ask everyone to think logically about the design of a class.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on May 13, 2021 1:20AM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tought we were here to test new stuff, not whine after 3years old stuff cause we don't like them
    go ahead and ban all necros from PVP
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is silly. No way this needs nerf
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skoomah wrote: »

Have you actually ever used that skill? It's painfully clunky ...
    dry.gif

• Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    Vampire lord and goliath are balanced, you can’t regen ult while its up and you just need to kit it for 20 seconds and its over, if any transformation ult is overpowered its werewolf, the thing can literally last indefinitely in combat.
    Shantu wrote: »
    It never ends...

oops-200x133.jpg

Seriously. Werewolves were already nerfed and aren't even tanky. They also can't use ults. The trauma must be real.

No purge, no range, basic armor, no ult, no back bar...
    Edited by Ryuvain on May 13, 2021 3:47AM
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.