The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dragon Break Scholars?

WiseSky
WiseSky
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So how plausible is to have a character travel through time studying the Dragon Breaks ?
Immersive Quests Addon
Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
List of Immersion Addons
  • Aramithius
    Aramithius
    ✭✭
    We do encounter Thaddeus Cosma in Nchuthnkarst in Blackreach, indicating that controlled time travel is possible in The Elder Scrolls, but it's beyond our current understanding as to how he does it, or when time travel magitech gets developed. We also have The Dragon Break Re-Examined, which feels like it's from another time. But we know so little about it that we don't have a lot of info to build such a character's background on.

I think it would be particularly unreliable if you were to try to use dragon breaks to do it. They're not like "time wormholes", but instead suspensions of causality altogether. There's nothing to indicate that you could use them to travel through time; the Time Wound that was created when Alduin was sent into the future is sometimes likened to a dragon break, but I'm not convinced about that.
    Host of the Written in Uncertainty podcast, and regular participant in the Selectives Lorecast.
    Officer of the PC-EU chapter of the Loreseekers guild.
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    There is another time-traveller met in Craglorn, Titus Valerius, who I believe does not quite know how he came to be in this Era, so I think if a character of mine were to meet another who said they were a Time Traveller Dragon Break Scholar, I would think it plausible - and would wish to know what they have learnt.
    Edited by Eporem on May 5, 2021 5:53PM
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    here is the story of Titus Valerius

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Titus_Valerius

it seems it was the Celestial Warrior that had a hand in his time travelling.
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Eporem wrote: »
    here is the story of Titus Valerius

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Titus_Valerius

it seems it was the Celestial Warrior that had a hand in his time travelling.

Thanks i will Check it out
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • The_Drop_Bear
    The_Drop_Bear
    ✭✭✭
    Aramithius wrote: »
    We do encounter Thaddeus Cosma in Nchuthnkarst in Blackreach, indicating that controlled time travel is possible in The Elder Scrolls, but it's beyond our current understanding as to how he does it, or when time travel magitech gets developed. We also have The Dragon Break Re-Examined, which feels like it's from another time. But we know so little about it that we don't have a lot of info to build such a character's background on.

I think it would be particularly unreliable if you were to try to use dragon breaks to do it. They're not like "time wormholes", but instead suspensions of causality altogether. There's nothing to indicate that you could use them to travel through time; the Time Wound that was created when Alduin was sent into the future is sometimes likened to a dragon break, but I'm not convinced about that.

Dragon break Re-Examined was wrote by a character called Fal Droon, which is an anagram of Darn Fool. The book is also evidently wrong in a few places.
  • The_Drop_Bear
    The_Drop_Bear
    ✭✭✭
    Its kind of impossible to study dragonbreaks. As when once the timelines remerged everyone is confused about what happened, unless you are one of the few who can see through that.
  • Aramithius
    Aramithius
    ✭✭
    Dragon break Re-Examined was wrote by a character called Fal Droon, which is an anagram of Darn Fool. The book is also evidently wrong in a few places.

Absolutely. But it's also written from the perspective of after the fall of the Third Empire. The first line is this:
    The late 3rd era was a period of remarkable religious ferment and creativity. The upheavals of the reign of Uriel VII were only the outward signs of the historical forces that would eventually lead to the fall of the Septim Dynasty.

And yet the book appears in 3E 427, before the fall of the Septims. That's not a scholarly error, that's the book being totally out of time.
    Edited by Aramithius on May 7, 2021 6:10PM
    Host of the Written in Uncertainty podcast, and regular participant in the Selectives Lorecast.
    Officer of the PC-EU chapter of the Loreseekers guild.
  • warg_derpin_gdf
    Dragonbreak Scholars? Oh you mean myself? Anyway, anyway, the most severe complexity of taking on studying a Dragonbreak is the aspect of reality. Based on the Dragonbreak used to compensate for player choice regarding the events of the Daggerfall game, there would need to be a point from which to base research, unless the scholar wished to record all the different heroes and different accounts in a linear fashion and then compare and contrast his/her findings when he/she returns to a stable point. It might be best to consult Hermaeus Mora or just request access to Apocrypha since he'll probably give some nonsense hooey on how little it could be comprehended. Tbf, Hermaeus Mora is really our biggest ally against spoilers no matter his cynicism lol.
    Edited by warg_derpin_gdf on May 28, 2021 2:53PM
    Karliah, when will you learn?!!
  • warg_derpin_gdf
    Aramithius wrote: »
    There's nothing to indicate that you could use them to travel through time; the Time Wound that was created when Alduin was sent into the future is sometimes likened to a dragon break, but I'm not convinced about that.

Ah, awesome insight. I'm under the impression that it is not a Dragonbreak for two reasons:

First reason, assuming the Elder Scrolls have full jurisprudence over time, magic, etc, they would be balance properly enough to not create that sort of backlash or correct it simultaneously.

Second, and simpler, Akatosh himself would probably intervene to prevent Alduin from gaining some kind of . . . causal radioactivity by becoming a radical element within a Dragonbreak. If he didn't, Alduin could probably determine some manner of contending against Akatosh in instances of Dragonbreaks where Akatosh loses track of him.
    Karliah, when will you learn?!!