The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please Band the peekaboo addon!

• Ek1
    Ek1
    ✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    If they asked at the beginning of the run, AND I get it AND I don't need it, I'm fine.

If they just suddenly say "you got this and I want it, gimme" (or some less polite version) I say that IF they had asked me at the start of the run, I might have considered it, but not now.
    Thank you for encouraging the spamming of four to twelve times in start of every instance:
    I DEFINITELY NEED: Rele:hel,leg,boo,swo,bel,che,2hs,2ha,2hm,ice,h,fire,lig,dag,bow Gale:hel,leg,shi,swo,axe,bel,che,2ha,2hm,ice,h,fire,lig,dag,bow Siro:hel,leg,shi,swo,bel,che,2hs,2ha,2hm,amu,h,fire,lig,dag,bow
    I am sure carpet bombing the chat with 'ME ME ME' will result the goal where people are more polite, spamming is minimum and no one leaves instance without an item they could have gotten because the looter didn't need it himself.

btw, this might be a plot twist to you. I block, report and blacklist everyone posting their wishlist. Doing so is rude, spammy and pointless. Your asking for items that don't exist even yet.
    </sarcasm & turning the tables>

Sounds like lot of the problems come from human actions, not what add-ons enable or do not enable. Has it crossed your mind that blocking people is quite extreme way of behaving towards another person? It also makes it impossible for the other person to learn whats bugging you or even improve his behavior towards you.

Instead of...
    newtinmpls looted Dagger of Sanctuary

a) -> newtinmpls: Hey I am looking for Dagger of Sanctuary
    b) -> group: Looking for Dagger of Sanctuary

a) newtinmpls -> you: Sorry, I need to myself. Well actually swords.
    b) newtinmpls -> Group: Same here but swords.

a/b) You -> newtinmpls/Group: OMG I have swords, lets trade and everyone is happy! Wana farm another round? I am only missing ring after daggers and then my supper killing machine is ready. Wana do trial?
    ..You got...
    newtinmpls looted Dagger of Sanctuary

a) -> newtinmpls: Hey I am looking for Dagger of Sanctuary
    b) -> group: Looking for Dagger of Sanctuary

<newtinmpls blocks user>

It sucks if you get spammed for requests before yourself noticed what you looted.
    It sucks that a persons gets offended that you use a add-on to request that last item you are needing/missing.
    It sucks to see person leave instance before even considering trading loot or saying even saying bye.

I see three points that could be improved by human behavior. None that could be solved by adding or removing add-on features.

Well ok having a free channel for add-on communication to exchange data (Lootwisher: my human is looking X, Lootannouncer: my human just looted X, Loottrader: I see a opportunity here, altering my human) and you could either use it or not use it thus making loot trading easier.
    Or you could just opt out not using add-ons and spam your copy&pasted wishlist over and over again until you get blocked.

See the problems with spamming versus targeted requests?
    Ek1@EU@PC.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Ek1

you don't appear to have actually read/paid attention to my comments.

I prefer polite. I prefer to get (and offer) a heads up at the start of the dungeon; like the last time I was in Banished Cells I mentioned in group chat at the beginning of the run that I'm looking for any Sanctuary stamina weapons for my sticker book.

I don't care for folks who appear to have the idea that IF I have it AND they want it then I SHOULD give it to them, and if not, they they feel the need to trash talk multiple comments.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roztlin45 wrote: »
    Take away the usefulness and you remove the add on by proxy. Just simply never give a drop to anyone that whispers and peeks in your inventory. No matter what they say or do. Maybe this add on has a place in prearranged groups where.everyone agrees. However random pugs never. Thanks everyone for your comments.

That plan will never work. The vast majority of the player base is nowhere near that toxic.
  • Roztlin45
    Roztlin45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take away the usefulness and you remove the add on by proxy. Just simply never give a drop to anyone that whispers and peeks in your inventory. No matter what they say or do. Maybe this add on has a place in prearranged groups where.everyone agrees. However random pugs never. Thanks everyone for your comments.

That plan will never work. The vast majority of the player base is nowhere near that toxic.

So I am toxic for simply minding my own business and helping when I can? I had to entertain a long pm just the other day from a guy that would not take no for an answer. I am.going to.save these and write Microsoft gaming a letter asking for. This Add on to be removed. Anyone that looks in others inventory and can't understand why it is wrong is toxic imho.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So I am toxic for simply minding my own business and helping when I can? I had to entertain a long pm just the other day from a guy that would not take no for an answer. I am.going to.save these and write Microsoft gaming a letter asking for. This Add on to be removed. Anyone that looks in others inventory and can't understand why it is wrong is toxic imho.

[snip] If you need something, keep it. If you don’t need it, then at least consider the request of someone who does. These are real people, with lives, responsibilities, and limited free time to farm ESO equipment. It’s bad enough to behave that way, but encouraging others to follow is worse.

[Edited to remove Rude Comments]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on May 2, 2021 2:09PM
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I agree. I have yet to see anyone feel entitled to a drop I received from a dungeon and I have been running quite a few of them recently.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    I think it's pretty screwed up that zos allows an addon that forces everyone to use it.

How is everyone forced to use it (Or any addon for that matter)? I don’t have any group loot addons and I’m doing just fine.

I also don’t object to anyone else running them. If people behave poorly that’s a people problem, not an addon problem. The addon doesn’t make people jerks. Just because people can see what I get doesn’t entitle them to any of it, and most people are very gracious when told “no”, I’ve had to get really firm with a few people, but they are a small minority. And again, that’s a problem with those individuals being jerks, it’s not an addon problem.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »

[Quoted post was removed]

Pretty sure @WrathOfInnos was not suggesting that just because someone gained a drop another person wants that they are obligated to give it to anyone. It seems fairly clear to me that Wrath is not even suggesting that.

Don't want to give up the piece of gear just say no and walk away. No need to respond to the person any further as they will soon walk away as well and it will all be over.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on May 2, 2021 2:11PM
  • SerraKBella
    SerraKBella
    ✭✭✭
    Faded wrote: »
    It would be nice if this function was opt-in so everybody who likes it could have their convenience, and everybody who doesn't like it didn't have to deal with it at all. Keep driving people out of group content and that GF queue is going to get longer and longer.

This is a great idea. Those who use it can see others who use it (and leave all the people who don't out of the loop). Win-Win for everyone.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip] If you need something, keep it. If you don’t need it, then at least consider the request of someone who does. These are real people, with lives, responsibilities, and limited free time to farm ESO equipment. It’s bad enough to behave that way, but encouraging others to follow is worse.

@newtinmpls If your name was printed on my paycheck as one of the only 3 people in the world that I could share that money with, specifically because you were by my side helping through the entire process of earning it, and I had no other use for that money, then yes I would consider giving it to you. Possibly in exchange for fair goods or services.

The person I was replying to you was taking the opposite viewpoint, never ever would you get a penny under any circumstances because they didn’t like your use of a convenience tool. And they were going out of their way to persuade other players to also give you nothing. That is a poor attitude.

And I’m sorry to hear about your golden.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on May 2, 2021 2:11PM
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @WrathOfInnos thank you for your kind words.

My point is that I respond well to politeness, or humor, or possibly even bribery.

I do not respond well to "Gimme".

I do dislike "use of a convenience tool" but the existence of the tool is not my reason for not sharing a particular thing with a particular person.

I tend to make a point of asking, at the start of the run if anyone is looking for anything, and mentioning if I am. Sets things up nicely.

As the drops come in, the style of the "ask" matters. A lot.

I've had people say things along the lines of "I can see you have such and so, I'd really like it pretty please and I will give you lots of monies" and generally be friendly and blunt and mostly (presuming a buddy doesn't need it) I'm happy to give it to them if I don't need it, and generally I don't care about the monies.

I've also had people say "I can see you have such and so, give it over" (actually, less polite than that) after being a run-ahead-jerko who wasn't waiting for the person with the quest.

The only reason I didn't vote to kick was that it was clear that they were buds with another ***, and between the low DPS they were running, myself and my buddy (we tend to go in as a tank & healer set) could catch up with them and so we did not miss any boss drops (which, had they been any kind of adequate DPS would have happened).

In that case, I was petty enough to think loudly (but not actually say in chat) that they were so incredibly boorish that I'm happy this particular drop did not fall their way.

And after the 2nd nasty whisper, plunked them soundly on "ignore".
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • ZOS_ConnorG
    Greetings all,

After review we have had to edit or remove several posts for rule violations, mostly Baiting. Ensure when engaging in a discussion that you keep said discussion civil, constructive, and within the rules. If you see a post that is baiting in nature do not engage it with further hostility and instead report it for the moderators to review.

You are welcome to review the Community Rules here.
    Staff Post
  • guarstompemoji
    guarstompemoji
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is one of those "features" that reminds me of the original crafters of the internet. While brilliant in other ways, the original crafters were of a generalized, homogeneous group and had a difficult time fathoming the concept of harassment.

As a consequence, many structures within the internet, by default, place the full onus of action on the victim, instead of having built-in tools that encouraged civility and respect of personal space. This is only now, today, beginning to change.

Older mindsets and older communities were rife with this mindset. If someone was harassed--it was up to the victim to collect all of the logs, present all of the evidence, and argue that it was harassment at all. ...and being believed was unlikely.

This is not to say that the presentation of evidence is not important--

--merely that the old, RTFM-internet-based culture was of a nature where the victim was doubted, belittled, until they presented a legion of legwork, done at their own time and emotional expense, with none of what might be considered reasonable assistance. After which, it would be picked apart, if anything was done aside from "grow a thicker skin."

The earlier internet had its beautiful elements; and its dark corners.

A simple fix to addons like these would be to make them "opt-in." This honors personal choice, personal freedom, and interpersonal respect.

Groups wanting to run and share loot have nothing then, taken away from them. Those wishing privacy possess it at the outset. Harassers are out in the cold.

It also shows that how, we can advance as human beings in respect of one another, and grow.
    Edited by guarstompemoji on May 3, 2021 8:39AM
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I dont play on pc but if i would, i would go out of my way not to give them the item. Even if it mean logging out for 2 hours for it to be bound

I find it rude, like someone looking in your backpack without your permision to do so.

On ps4 i usualy link in chat what i have and am willing to part with, if some one say they want something from that list, i give it to them
  • Platanutre
    Platanutre
    ✭✭
    The add-on gives more positives than negatives. WAY too many times me and others just loot stuff and don;t know that we got let's say a relequen shoulder. People with group loot confirms that we have it and we give it away. Also in my case, when i see people getting let's say AY daggers or Inferno Siroria i whisper them congrats (because that grind is awful). In the case of entitled people going all pissy "omg i need it, i need it, your alt needs it less than ME" *** em, it's your drop, not theirs.
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone that looks in others inventory and can't understand why it is wrong is toxic imho.
    No, it's the human not the addon.
    As always.
    If the human want to be toxic and only think about looit it's their decision. The addon is just a tool.
    I could use it but I do not use it.
    I prefer the chat and asking manually, uo in advance or at the end of the dungeon run.
    Problem is: Most users leave the group after rushing through the dungeons. They do not pay attention to beginning chat nor to ending.

So in the end the addon could be a helper to notify who found something you could usw. IF and HOW you write to the person then is up to you, the human.

You cannot blame the addon then if the human writes salty texts. He could even do this without any addon.
    You only rant about the easiest chain part instead of trying to fix the big problem...

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi, @Roztlin45
    The snips are because you did not number some of these separately and I think they deserve their own "point".
    <snip> my drops are for my account info only and it is none of anyone's business but my own.
    <snip> I get a whisper begging for an item before I even get a chance to look at it. Most of the time the beggar won't take NO for an answer.
    <snip> it is selfish to privately whisper, maybe someone else in the group wants the item. Why not just ask for unwanted items in the group chat?

Drops are for you - yes, no argument here.

Whispers (sort of two points here)
    1-The speed; you mention "before I even get a chance to look at it"
    This (I suspect) goes back to the speed-run/grinder. Some of them do not have social skills, or they are afraid that you will log off or out of the dungeon before they can attempt to get the thing from you.

2-"won't take no for an answer"; I admit that often toddlers who "can see something' and "know it's there" get unreasonable when told no. However that level of maturity simply merits an ignore. Don't bother trying to be reasonable with people who aren't reasonable.

3-Private whispers being selfish. Good call, I run with friends so often I forget this is a thing. If someone gets a rare/needed drop we will usually ask "is there anyone else who needs it" and "hole in my build" gets precedence over "want it for my sticker book" and so forth. Thanks for the reminder!
    Azurya wrote: »
    why do you even go in a raid or group up, if you don´t wanna share

Sharing is not the issue. Communication style and respect are the issues.
    Baertram wrote: »
    So in the end the addon could be a helper to notify who found something you could usw. IF and HOW you write to the person then is up to you, the human.

Well said.
  • krayphysh
    krayphysh
    ✭✭✭
    LoL I've always despised addons like group loot. I grew up with the understanding that you just don't do stuff like go dig in a woman's purse - I'm sure there's a alternative for whatever bags men store their goods in. Anyways, whenever someone asks me for something I have, I just reply "QUIT DIGGING IN MY PURSE!". (May not be funny to some people - it's somewhat of an inside joke). I'm a guy, don't actually own nor have any interest in owning a purse; it's just the first thing that comes to mind when someone has invited themself to rummage through my goods lol. I have found that by turning off a setting (a base game setting) that shows you your loot, others can't "dig in your purse." XD. I recently downloaded an addon to keep up with my inventory, and it shows me what other group members are recieving in their drops. I just ignore that part because I know how much it annoys me to have people nosing around in my bag lmao. Either way, just turn off your loot history (or whatever it's called) while in groups and no one will be able to "dig in your purse"! Lmao XD
  • Lintashi
    Lintashi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another person thinks only he is entitled to see certain pixels, and is trying to ban a feature he do not like. Why would one person say certain action is toxic, but robbing other people of such action is not toxic? Problem is with people, not with addon itself. I wonder, if you know, that zos has esologs, that grants ability to see any group members skill bar, equipped sets, see dps, hps, taunts? There would be many, who would claim, that their builds and rotation is their own personal information, not to be shared with others, but zos clearly thinks otherwise. Same with loot. Addon is not using anything, that is not coded ingame already, just like you cannot make addons with new skills, new items, etc. Just say "no, I need it myself" and block person if they persist. Works like a charm to me every time, and is much better than asking to ban any feature you do not like.
  • dave6783
    dave6783
    Soul Shriven
    Greetings all,

After review we have had to edit or remove several posts for rule violations, mostly Baiting. Ensure when engaging in a discussion that you keep said discussion civil, constructive, and within the rules. If you see a post that is baiting in nature do not engage it with further hostility and instead report it for the moderators to review.

You are welcome to review the Community Rules here.

how about addressing the issue?
  • MrGhosty
    MrGhosty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really dislike this add on, I've been in groups where people start discussing what drops I got and that makes me uncomfortable. I still don't think it should be disabled. I would however support adding the ability to appear anonymously if you so choose like with ESOLogs.

Tools shouldn't be blamed for bad human behavior, but we should make the tools as full featured as possible to mitigate potential harassment, which a privacy setting would work for quite well.
    "It is a time of strife and unrest. Armies of revenants and dark spirits manifest in every corner of Tamriel. Winters grow colder and crops fail. Mystics are plagued by nightmares and portents of doom."
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MrGhosty wrote: »
    I really dislike this add on, I've been in groups where people start discussing what drops I got and that makes me uncomfortable. I still don't think it should be disabled. I would however support adding the ability to appear anonymously if you so choose like with ESOLogs.

Tools shouldn't be blamed for bad human behavior, but we should make the tools as full featured as possible to mitigate potential harassment, which a privacy setting would work for quite well.

This is probably the most effective way. As a rule of thumb, if I'm in a group where I'm just by myself without friends, I tend to also offer gold for the drop in group chat for time and effort; usually 10-20k depending on how they act through the instance as a whole (considerate, not being pushy, etc). That sometimes goes a lot further than sending a barrage of "GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMME!"

Also kind of wish there was a faster way of linking specific items before the dungeon/raid starts. It'd be nice that once in the instance we can just link what we're missing in the stickerbook/what we need the most without having to search through a ton of pieces of gear at once.
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    krayphysh wrote: »
    Either way, just turn off your loot history (or whatever it's called) while in groups and no one will be able to "dig in your purse"! Lmao XD

Has anyone confirmed that this works to disable spying?
    Warning: This signature is tiny!
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Either way, just turn off your loot history (or whatever it's called) while in groups and no one will be able to "dig in your purse"! Lmao XD

I would definitely be interested to hear about this.
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

any news about this?
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    WiseSky wrote: »

any news about this?

Considering this thread died over a year ago, the answer seems to be no.

Test it yourself and see if it works.

• ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings all,

Considering how old and inactive this thread has been, we have decided to close it as some of the information may no longer be valid. If members of the community wish to discuss the add-on that was mentioned, please feel free to do so in a more up to date thread.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.