The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please Band the peekaboo addon!

• RedMuse
    RedMuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RedMuse wrote: »
    TwinLamps wrote: »
    Zos should not ban such addons.
    People that have issues with such addons should adapt and overcome said issues.
    Simly seeing anoter group member's drop is not invasion of privacy.
    If you wish your drops to be unknown to others, just play solo.
    Also, why is it such a problem to say no to others if you need the items you got?

Sure I've adapted. I block immediately any user I know uses the addon by asking me about a piece I haven't announced in the chat. I've been told I'm unreasonable and hateful for doing this so @TwinLamps how exactly am I supposed to adapt in your opinion? And it's a problem because it's a 50/50 chance that the other person starts harassing me because they can't handle being told no.
    Ard01 wrote: »
    Simple just whisper back that you were going to vendor it but now that you know he/she wanted it you destroyed it instead.

Then log the hate whispers that follow, screenshot, report, and let the social banhammer fall from ZoS on them.

[snip]
    Just ignore. You don't have to reply at all.
    OR, [snip] if they ask for something you don't need, trade it to them.
    Like I said, pretty sure 90% of these problems are self-created

[snip] I block people because too many in the past have been aggressively toxic to me for no reason. Or do you think that, "no" to the question "can I have X" somehow warrants being told that I should get cancer or kill myself or just that I've ruined their day?
    Because that's what happens far too often. So when someone whispers me about a piece I haven't posted I just block them without answering because I have no idea what their response to me telling them no will be.

And why should I trade it to them? What claim do they have on it, [snip]

[Edited to remove Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on April 17, 2021 5:22PM
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amarthiul wrote: »
    If they don't take no for an answer, block them and move on with your day. I don't see the problem.

There are ways of circumventing a block. It also doesn't prevent them from harassing you in group chat. Putting the onus of dealing with harassers on the victim is entirely unfair.

How else are they going to be dealt with?

Not a great solution, but turning offline status will prevent them from whispering you.
    Edited by Jaimeh on April 17, 2021 6:28PM
  • Faded
    Faded
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if this function was opt-in so everybody who likes it could have their convenience, and everybody who doesn't like it didn't have to deal with it at all. Keep driving people out of group content and that GF queue is going to get longer and longer.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »

Are raids in this game public or private? I am new here and may not be at a level where raids show up in the GF which is why I ask.

If they are public they should follow rules for how many players are required to vote to kick them. Someone could wait until that magic point no one could kick them to begin being a jerk and a problem for the group.

If raids are private groups such as someone in a guild or even in general chat forming the group then it should remain a choice of the leader at all times as it is a private group. I have not seen any company act in such a controlling manner with their private groups.

No raids in the group finder. You have to make your own groups either with friends, guilds or randoms in zone chat.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [Quoted post was removed]

I'm pro this addon and I'm not fine with harassment at all. [snip] Some players are absolute jerks. Some of them use this addon and some of them don't. [snip]

[Edited to remove Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on April 17, 2021 5:24PM
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zos should not ban such addons.
    People that have issues with such addons should adapt and overcome said issues.
    Simly seeing anoter group member's drop is not invasion of privacy.
    If you wish your drops to be unknown to others, just play solo.
    Also, why is it such a problem to say no to others if you need the items you got?

Sure I've adapted. I block immediately any user I know uses the addon by asking me about a piece I haven't announced in the chat. I've been told I'm unreasonable and hateful for doing this so @TwinLamps how exactly am I supposed to adapt in your opinion? And it's a problem because it's a 50/50 chance that the other person starts harassing me because they can't handle being told no.
    Ard01 wrote: »
    Simple just whisper back that you were going to vendor it but now that you know he/she wanted it you destroyed it instead.

Then log the hate whispers that follow, screenshot, report, and let the social banhammer fall from ZoS on them.

[snip]
    Just ignore. You don't have to reply at all.
    OR, [snip] if they ask for something you don't need, trade it to them.
    Like I said, pretty sure 90% of these problems are self-created

I agree that just walking away and not replying is a great solution as it tends to solve most issues with random players. Teasing them that you are just going to destroy the item offers nothing helpful or constructive.

Heck, in my years of gaming in various MMORPGs when someone bothers me the conversation ends quickly, if not immediately, and I go no my merry way without issue. It has shown to be highly effective.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on April 17, 2021 5:22PM
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sanguinor2 wrote: »
    Amottica wrote: »

Are raids in this game public or private? I am new here and may not be at a level where raids show up in the GF which is why I ask.

If they are public they should follow rules for how many players are required to vote to kick them. Someone could wait until that magic point no one could kick them to begin being a jerk and a problem for the group.

If raids are private groups such as someone in a guild or even in general chat forming the group then it should remain a choice of the leader at all times as it is a private group. I have not seen any company act in such a controlling manner with their private groups.

No raids in the group finder. You have to make your own groups either with friends, guilds or randoms in zone chat.

Thank you for that clarification. So they are private groups and should remain as such vs having Zos take control of them and block kicking other players.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    If they don't If someone is willing to harass you over not sharing your loot, you can bet that these people won't be going away if the addon gets banned

False. They can't harass you if they don't even know you have it. This problem is not a thing at all on console, where there are no add-ons so they can't do it.

"Did anyone get drop?"
    "No."

That's how that goes.

False.

"What did you get?"
    "Nothing."
    "Liar! What did you get? Link it! Link it or we kick you!"

That's how that actually goes. Harassers will be harassers.

No. It isn't. I have played this game for many years and have accumulated an almost embarrassing amount of time on it. Not once have I experienced that, nor has anyone ever complained about it in guild chat. And I have been in a lot of guilds.

Not once

And I have not once experienced harassment over me not sharing my loot even when the other people knew what loot I got. Everyone was always polite and I've probably spent the same embarrassing amount of time on it. Can't speak for PC NA, but I doubt it's any different there.
    I have faced harassment in this game over other things though. It is not the information that makes people toxic it is toxic people being the way they are.

You haven't. But many other players have reported it, including in this very thread.

Meanwhile the example you cited doesn't exist anywhere else but your own theory on a post. This topic has brought up many times and consoles players have never described such a conversation in any significant number. I'm sure somebody somewhere did, but there it's an extremely low number. Meanwhile every single thread about this add-on includes MULTIPLE reports of people who have been harassed over loot.

A good faith argument acknowledges both the pros and cons of their argument, and doesn't just reject information because it's inconvenient to their argument.

Just as it's a fact that I must concede that many players find this Add-on useful, and are polite to others who don't mind sharing. You must concede that on console, where there is no such add-on, there is NO significant loot sharing harassment problem. Because there is not. Those two things are facts and are independent of our own feelings on the issue.

I must concede no such thing. Console population is smaller so there are fewer instances of this happening in absolute numbers, resulting in fewer cases brought to the forums even if the relative number of cases in proportion to the playerbase on that platform is the same on both platforms. So PC issues will overshadow console issues by default.
    That would be one explanation for the lack of console threads on the topic, the other being that people on console can't blame addons and start venting about them on here, so they recognize the problem for what it is - toxic people being toxic - instead of mistakenly blaming addons. If an addon is an issue, then the forum is the right place to talk about it. If someone specific was harassing you, then the forums aren't really the place to talk.
    I don't know how it is on console, so I only have your word for it not happening there, just as you only have my word that the issue isn't as bad on PC as you might think it is.

So here I think we must agree to disagree.

I don't get it.

Loot spying is an API function used by addons. Consoles don't have addons. Therefore, an addon cannot be causing any loot-related strife on console.

Moreover, in vanilla ESO (i.e. on Consoles) there's no way to legitimately see what loot someone else got unless they told you or you know it's a quest reward and they were doing the quest.

No one can legitimately identify your non-quest reward loot without an addon. It can't happen on consoles. That's the primary reason the issues with loot spying only seem to happen on PC.

What you describe, of someone deciding that you have an item and demanding you link it, doesn't legitimately happen on consoles. They just don't have the same access to the API. Any player who did that would be blindly trolling or is hacking.

And neither of those have anything to do with the PC addon. If such hacking is actually happening (and I doubt it, since yours appears to be a hypothetical example rather than reflective of actual console players' experiences), then ZOS might consider restricting the API further. But that would require actually proving your hypothetical example, which you haven't done.

That is not what I was talking about.
    I was referring to people starting drama over being told "no". The claim was that this drama only exists because of the addon. I disagreed and provided an example how drama could evolve about the same issue without the addon being present. My claim is that these people will continue to start drama because it's the people who are at fault and not the function of the addon. Spartaxoxo politely disagreed and pointed out that the forum would be flooded with posts from console about the same issue if that was the case and in my response, the one you quoted, I explained why that would not be the case and why we PC players have no idea what is actually happening on consoles, as we cannot judge by the frequency of forum posts, and need to take their word for it, just how console players need to take the words of PC players to figure out what is happening here, even though there is a plephora of forum posts to go around - painting a biased picture.

You claim that this doesn't happen on consoles but I cannot be certain of that just from being told.
    Loot drops in this game are guaranteed, so someone toxic could demand you to link your item after you've killed a boss (especially if the group finder put you into a farming run with 3 other people who are friends) or kick you if you don't comply. The only difference is that the harasser has no idea what item you got, but they do know that you got an item.

I don't harass people but I've met plenty of people who just don't respond when you ask what loot other people got. Believe me, I know what I am talking about after spending literal weeks farming a lightning staff of an ice themed set with randoms only and without any luck to this day.
    Edited by Ratzkifal on April 17, 2021 5:22PM
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • ZOS_ConnorG
    Greetings all,

After review we have had to edit or remove several posts for Baiting. Ensure when engaging in a discussion that you keep said discussion civil, constructive, and within the rules. If you see a post that is baiting in nature do not engage it with further hostility and instead report it for the moderators to review.

You are welcome to review the Community Rules here.
    Staff Post
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [Quoted post was removed]

I haven't seen a single person in this thread who is fine with harassment. "The people pro this addon" actually say that it's the harasser's fault and not the addon's. That is the opposite of being fine with harassment.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on April 17, 2021 5:41PM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gear is intended to be traded within groups. If you look at the item in question it also has their name listed, so that you know who else is eligible to receive this item and for how long. Why shouldn’t they also see this? Obviously you have no obligation to trade, this game doesn’t have any systems in place for “need”, “greed” etc. It’s all up to the players.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    If they don't take no for an answer, block them and move on with your day. I don't see the problem.

There are ways of circumventing a block. It also doesn't prevent them from harassing you in group chat. Putting the onus of dealing with harassers on the victim is entirely unfair.

Not a great solution, but going offline will prevent them from whispering you.

I think what you were trying to say is "show as offline". Sure, going actually offline helps too, but that's not helpful advise. If you set your online status to "show as offline" you can't be whispered. Just don't forget to put it back eventually so your friends and guildies can actually reach you.
    Edited by Ratzkifal on April 17, 2021 5:29PM
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gear is intended to be traded within groups. If you look at the item in question it also has their name listed, so that you know who else is eligible to receive this item and for how long. Why shouldn’t they also see this? Obviously you have no obligation to trade, this game doesn’t have any systems in place for “need”, “greed” etc. It’s all up to the players.

This is very insightful and I had not really thought of it this way. In the short time I have played ESO I have thought the current design is so much better than the need/greed system where players are voting for a single piece of gear that drops from a boss.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »

Not a great solution, but going offline will prevent them from whispering you.

I think what you were trying to say is "show as offline". Sure, going actually offline helps too, but that's not helpful advise. If you set your online status to "show as offline" you can't be whispered. Just don't forget to put it back eventually so your friends and guildies can actually reach you.

Yes @Ratzkifal showing offline status.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    majulook wrote: »
    Was in PUG running vMoL. Leader of PUG asked me for a shield I got in drop, I told them "sry I need it". Continue on in Trial and right before entering the last boss area I get kicked. Tried to ask leader why, and was not able to whisper, or any type of chat (figured they blocked me). Just because I did not want to give them a shield? IMHO these loot-drop type of add-ons are not good. Anyone know if exists a counter add-on so they cannot see your drops?

Kicking from a trial should not be possible after a certain point without disbanding the party and abandoning the whole trial.

That is a horrible idea for what should be very obvious reasons. It would enable trolling with no counter. It would have quite the opposite effect of what you might want. If I were forming a group and this restriction were in place, I'd simply run with fewer people (and soon allow them to bring their companions) than risk a random troll that will ruin the whole run when their timer is up.

ALWAYS consider edge cases when suggesting ideas. That suggestion is immediately broken and far worse than the alternative.

To be honest with you, even allowing a kick has an edge case that is already broken. When you get to the final boss, kicking should not be an option. If you have gone this far, stick with it.
    Edited by Elsonso on April 17, 2021 6:37PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    majulook wrote: »
    Was in PUG running vMoL. Leader of PUG asked me for a shield I got in drop, I told them "sry I need it". Continue on in Trial and right before entering the last boss area I get kicked. Tried to ask leader why, and was not able to whisper, or any type of chat (figured they blocked me). Just because I did not want to give them a shield? IMHO these loot-drop type of add-ons are not good. Anyone know if exists a counter add-on so they cannot see your drops?

Kicking from a trial should not be possible after a certain point without disbanding the party and abandoning the whole trial.

That is a horrible idea for what should be very obvious reasons. It would enable trolling with no counter. It would have quite the opposite effect of what you might want. If I were forming a group and this restriction were in place, I'd simply run with fewer people (and soon allow them to bring their companions) than risk a random troll that will ruin the whole run when their timer is up.

ALWAYS consider edge cases when suggesting ideas. That suggestion is immediately broken and far worse than the alternative.

To be honest with you, even allowing a kick has an edge case that is already broken. When you get to the final boss, kicking should not be an option. If you have gone this far, stick with it.

Pretty much anything can be abused. It's a matter of how much and who has the power to do so. In the trial example, a single person can hijack a run and ruin it for 11 others. In your example, a group leader has the power to remove someone from the group for any reason or no reason at all. They can ruin a run for a single person, typically with the approval of 2 other people anyway, especially if it's a vote kick situation. Yes, someone is removed and occasionally it's for absolutely no reason, but my guess is that 99% of the time there is some reason, even if the person kicked disagrees or is unable to see that there was a reason for the removal.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally don't mind loot spy addons, 4 times out of 5 I missed an item that may be of use to someone else so someone who wants such item can whisper me and I can give such item. For this reason I think they should stay. One man's trash is another's treasure. For those who can't take no for an answer, block them and if they circumvent such block by group chat, report them for harassment and **** that guy in particular. Put them on blast in zone chat. Removing the addon will do little to nothing to [snip] in group.

[Edit to remove censor pypassing]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on April 17, 2021 9:11PM
  • Elo106
    Elo106
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone took the time and created this addon trying to help and now you call for a ban of his/her hardwork just because some people are being mean.
    People like that will always find a way, with or without that addon.

Shouldnt ban helpful addons just because a few people use it to be "mean" (mean as in keep asking, asking once is totally fine)
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they don't If someone is willing to harass you over not sharing your loot, you can bet that these people won't be going away if the addon gets banned

False. They can't harass you if they don't even know you have it. This problem is not a thing at all on console, where there are no add-ons so they can't do it.

"Did anyone get drop?"
    "No."

That's how that goes.

False.

"What did you get?"
    "Nothing."
    "Liar! What did you get? Link it! Link it or we kick you!"

That's how that actually goes. Harassers will be harassers.

No. It isn't. I have played this game for many years and have accumulated an almost embarrassing amount of time on it. Not once have I experienced that, nor has anyone ever complained about it in guild chat. And I have been in a lot of guilds.

Not once

And I have not once experienced harassment over me not sharing my loot even when the other people knew what loot I got. Everyone was always polite and I've probably spent the same embarrassing amount of time on it. Can't speak for PC NA, but I doubt it's any different there.
    I have faced harassment in this game over other things though. It is not the information that makes people toxic it is toxic people being the way they are.

You haven't. But many other players have reported it, including in this very thread.

Meanwhile the example you cited doesn't exist anywhere else but your own theory on a post. This topic has brought up many times and consoles players have never described such a conversation in any significant number. I'm sure somebody somewhere did, but there it's an extremely low number. Meanwhile every single thread about this add-on includes MULTIPLE reports of people who have been harassed over loot.

A good faith argument acknowledges both the pros and cons of their argument, and doesn't just reject information because it's inconvenient to their argument.

Just as it's a fact that I must concede that many players find this Add-on useful, and are polite to others who don't mind sharing. You must concede that on console, where there is no such add-on, there is NO significant loot sharing harassment problem. Because there is not. Those two things are facts and are independent of our own feelings on the issue.

I must concede no such thing. Console population is smaller so there are fewer instances of this happening in absolute numbers, resulting in fewer cases brought to the forums even if the relative number of cases in proportion to the playerbase on that platform is the same on both platforms. So PC issues will overshadow console issues by default.
    That would be one explanation for the lack of console threads on the topic, the other being that people on console can't blame addons and start venting about them on here, so they recognize the problem for what it is - toxic people being toxic - instead of mistakenly blaming addons. If an addon is an issue, then the forum is the right place to talk about it. If someone specific was harassing you, then the forums aren't really the place to talk.
    I don't know how it is on console, so I only have your word for it not happening there, just as you only have my word that the issue isn't as bad on PC as you might think it is.

So here I think we must agree to disagree.

That explanation is illogical because console players DO comment on these add-on threads and WOULD be mentioning this if it was happening in any significant number. It is not.

That you want to make excuses for it instead of just acknowledging that the misuse of a tool is directly correlated to the use of said tool, and that people can't misuse a tool they don't even have is up to you. But it's honestly very basic logic there. Everyone sharing an opinion isn't.

The upsides of the add-on is obvious

More opportunities to get loot you wouldn't get, and a high enough success in those opportunities to be worth using

The opportunity to get loot that people wouldn't think to mention they have because why would anyone want it (e.g. a medusa bow)

And the downsides

Like every sources of information in the history of ever, some people will misuse it

Some people feel there privacy has been violated and grow to resent the game allowing this add-on

Every source of information in a game the developers weigh the pros and cons of sharing with us, because the information may be used in a way that is not good for the gameplay experience. And sometimes they withhold that information because the cons outweigh the pros and withholding that information prevents that specific misuse.

Harassers will be harassers. But almost nobody is gonna harass people for loot that they don't even think exists. They'll find some other reason but not that one.

Literally what's happening on console because that's very basic game design.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on April 17, 2021 9:13PM
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Roztlin45 wrote: »
    Most of the time the beggar won't take NO for an answer.

If they asked at the beginning of the run, AND I get it AND I don't need it, I'm fine.

If they just suddenly say "you got this and I want it, gimme" (or some less polite version) I say that IF they had asked me at the start of the run, I might have considered it, but not now.

If they reply, I put them on ignore. I don't care to hear any more.

I don't agree that anyone "won't take no for an answer" because that's where I end the conversation. They really don't have much choice.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah I am not going to sit there and list a light speaker greatsword.

I have been known (like last week) to say at the beginning of a Banished Cells run, that I am looking for Sanctuary Stamina weapons for my sticker book.

Communication.. I encourage folks to try it.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Sure I've adapted. I block immediately any user I know uses the addon by asking me about a piece I haven't announced in the chat..

Same here.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »

Yeah I am not going to sit there and list a light speaker greatsword.

I have been known (like last week) to say at the beginning of a Banished Cells run, that I am looking for Sanctuary Stamina weapons for my sticker book.

Communication.. I encourage folks to try it.

Consider the other side of the argument. I usually ignore anyone asking for things at the start of the dungeon. I won't remember it at all. However, if someone asks for gear that I happen to pull and I don't need it, I will typically trade it away to them. I consider it more polite to ask me either when I pull it or at the end of the dungeon. I don't bother linking anything anymore as it's too time consuming. I want players seeing my loot as a courtesy to me in order to save myself and them time linking a bunch of things. They can get right to the point. I can say yes or no. I have never had anyone get so rude after me saying no that I'd feel the need to ignore them for it.

To me, this is what I consider communication and while I can see the other side, I prefer if people just ask me for things and that there is full transparency.
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) you could tell them you just added it to your sticker book
    2) you could avoid grouping or raiding
    3) you could group with guildmate and avoid toxic players and pugs
    4) you could consider playing on console... no addon there!

their is some guilds that have strict rules about loot peeking... and politics...
    you could join them

no need to ban something that is usefull of 90% of the community
    Edited by stefj68 on April 17, 2021 11:58PM
  • Roztlin45
    Roztlin45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take away the usefulness and you remove the add on by proxy. Just simply never give a drop to anyone that whispers and peeks in your inventory. No matter what they say or do. Maybe this add on has a place in prearranged groups where.everyone agrees. However random pugs never. Thanks everyone for your comments.
  • KalyanLazair
    KalyanLazair
    ✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion, the best way to deal with harassers who misuse the addon is to agree to sell the item for a ludicrous price, say, ten million gold. If they're that desperate you get ten million out of the deal.

Now, seriously, I will give stuff for free as long as I don't need it, and even if I do but for collecting and you're looking for that specific piece for a set, I'll give it to you. Use the addon if you will but don't be a jack about it. And for the love of Hircine, don't ask me about furnishing blueprints, motifs and recipes. I really hate that. I collect these things, and selling doubles is my main source of income, so I actively farm them and I don't give them away unless it's a close friend.

That said, I still understand people who feel uncomfortable about it. It's really not that hard to understand.
  • Darkspecialist

i say this same thing when i drive on the hi-way or interstate..if people dont think its a big deal for me to over from the left lane then i dont think its a big deal for you to go around me.

feel free speed all you want, but im not moving to reward you even more.

• Darkspecialist
    meh double comment

Edited by Darkspecialist on April 20, 2021 12:00AM
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesplease, ban all addons as they could do baaaaad things. It's not the wrong raised egoistic humans, it's the addons! :'(
    /irony off , just in case. Some ppl tend to taking all seriously and never learned irony.
    Most of the time the beggar won't take NO for an answer.
    Just put them to ignore or ignore them without writing back.
    Third, it is selfish to privately whisper, maybe someone else in the group wants the item
    They will write you a message as well if they need the item :D

I get your point but the solution is the wrong one. If you communicate with the guys asking and just say "no sorry" it's fine. If they do not accept this, they are selfish, yes. And they never learned to accept a no. So ignore them, hurts at most :p

i say this same thing when i drive on the hi-way or interstate..if people dont think its a big deal for me to over from the left lane then i dont think its a big deal for you to go around me.

feel free speed all you want, but im not moving to reward you even more.
    Yeah, and just because you could does not mean you should or must! Reasonable acting and thinking should be demanded. This is nothing the game is going to teach you but life, especially parents/brothers/sisters and your surrounding should (have done).
    Edited by Baertram on April 21, 2021 12:02AM
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AddOn Creators are the reason I am playing the game.

Thanks @Baertram You the MVP! Keep it up !
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
This discussion has been closed.