The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can somebody please explain the whole deal with Darien? (Attractiveness)

• TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the main quest, Darien disappeared in a burst of magic. This is a dangerous thing to experience, obviously, but it is NOT necessarily fatal. So, no, he didn't die then, even if we assume that life/death are exactly the same for him as they are for ordinary mortals (who lack resurrection magic).

What's more, while he certainly appears to have reached the end of the line in Summerset/The Colored Rooms/whatever, there's a little wiggle room in that the assessment that he's done for could be mistaken (or have relied on Meridia not changing her mind later).

Maybe all that happens with Meridia in Greymoor will eventually reveal what happened.
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    jssriot wrote: »
    Also whoever voiced Novice Holli, the daily delve quest giver in CWC--dang, I wish I had a smexy, smokey voice like her.

If it's the quest giver I think it is, I believe the voice actress is Courtenay Taylor (some of her other notable portrayals are Jack from Mass Effect and the female Sole Survivor in FO4).

PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • VesuviaBennet22
    VesuviaBennet22
    ✭✭✭
    Darien died. He should have stayed dead. I hate when ZOS brings back characters that died in my story. So Darien is a pest. While he was living, he was meh.

Yes but the way he died, it makes sense to why he would return. He didn't even return as himself. I still want to know what happened there, I think Meridia is in big trouble.
  • VesuviaBennet22
    VesuviaBennet22
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not attracted to him, but his story line did get me emotional, esp in Summerset. It was good writing, and he was hilariously doofy but earnest :)
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darien died. He should have stayed dead. I hate when ZOS brings back characters that died in my story. So Darien is a pest. While he was living, he was meh.

I hate that too.

Same situation in Dark Heart finale when
    Verandis sacrifices himself to close the dark realm and is literally back 5 minutes later. And this happens not 10 minutes after the witch lady is returned from the dead too!

It just makes deaths and sacrifices in the game meaningless when it gets overused like that.
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbf I never cared about him until I saw him half-naked. This and his sexy voice were enough to make me a fan.
    Edited by Athan1 on May 2, 2021 7:42AM
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wheee Darien thread.

I posted something long-winded about this once, so I'll try to be more concise here. :D

Darien basically has two sides to him. You've got the more readily apparent side, the snarky playboy who seems to be all about women and talking himself up, and I can certainly understand why some people aren't impressed by that. Personally I find that side of him fun, but I also know not to take that stuff too seriously, so it becomes more about banter than wishing he'd just get over himself.

Part of the reason I don't take the playboy persona too seriously is because I know there's way more to him than that. Deep down he has a truly noble soul, and he'll fight with everything he's got for the people and world he cares for so much. This comes out more in Summerset, when he's grappling with the responsibility of being Meridia's champion, but you see it in the base game too with his concern for the people he's protecting and his determination to stop the bad guys and save the day.

I believe the playboy persona is at least partly a mask that he uses (whether consciously or subconsciously) to cover up the more serious and maybe less secure side of himself. He doesn't really know how to process or deal with his visions and all of that serious saving the world stuff, so it's just easier and more fun to crack jokes and be the charming goofball, and maybe then nobody will expect too much of him when it gets to the stuff that he's not sure he can handle. But even then, he does everything he can to support the people he believes in, primarily the Vestige. And who can't appreciate a solid bro who has your back when it counts?

Also he's a hunky beefcake who likes to take his shirt off. So he has that going for him too.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    He is a pleasant character. A bit too amorous but threw himself wholeheartedly into the save the world endeavour thing. Simply a nice, uncomplicated character with some fun scripts.

Not every NPC needs to be broody and “deep” or full of angst ;)
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, bitterness aside.

Hate to bring up infamous onion metaphor, but this guy has layers. And you had to unwrap every layer to get to the point. He seems real, he seems relatable more than a lot of other base game characters. And some DLC ones.

I've started at EP and changed sides after I met him in Coldharbor. After spending some time with the character I wanted to know more. I even started another toon and it was 2014 mind you.

Maybe it's easier with male main character, less flirt and all that to scare someone unprepared, but... I will never forget when on my way to Rivenspire I saw a figure waving at me happily. I just melted even tho one zone ago all I wanted is to smack the dude on the head. Sometimes I still want to smack him on the head.

Summerset messed me up badly and I still suffer the consequences. Not because I saw a topless hot guy and lost him seconds later but because of that guy wanted to get to my character so much from the depths of Oblivion he's genuinely upset if timeline is messed up and you don't remember him. Because of according to his master my character changed him so much he now lean to the mortal side not being mortal on the first place.

So, for me attraction came from how character is written, not from the fact that he might be hot and sometimes takes off a shirt.
    Edited by TiaFrye on May 2, 2021 7:23AM