The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Rapport - Mirri and Bastian - what increases it and decreases it - list here

Cireous
Cireous
✭✭✭✭✭
--SPOILERS--

Bastion LIKES:
+500 Completing 2nd and 3rd personal quests, 500 for each
+125 Completing Mage Guild daily quest
+10 Visiting a Mage Guild Hall that could hold a portal to Eyevea in it
+10 Visiting Eyevea
+10 Visiting Artaeum
+10 Completing random encounters where someone is helped
+5 Gathering items from Psijic Portals
+5 Antiquity Scrying
+1 Reading a book from a bookshelf
+1 Killing Worm Cultists (at Dolmens and anywhere else)
+1 Killing Bandits
+1 Killing Night Runners in Summerset

Mirri LIKES:

+500 Completing 2nd and 3rd personal quests, 500 for each
+125 Completing Fighter's Guild daily quest
+125 Completing Ashlander daily quest for Numani-Rasi (20 hour cooldown)
+75 First visit to the following completed DLC collection quest locations:
Thieves Den (find the room), House of Orsimer Glories, Library of Vivec, Vault of Mowaita, House of Histories (find the room), Senchal Palace (find the room)
+ 10 Visiting a Daedric Delve or Public Dungeon
+10 Visiting the Brass Fortress
+5 Subsequent visits to a completed DLC collection quest location
+5 Antiquity Excavation
+1 Reading a book from a bookshelf
+1 Summoning non-combat Daedric pets (Banekin not included)
+1 Crafting an alcoholic beverage
+1 Killing Goblins
+1 Killing Snakes/Serpents big and small (Lamia not included)

Bastian DISLIKES:

-25,-1 (varies/inconsistent) Killing friendly NPCs or using the Blade of Woe
-10,-5 (varies/inconsistent) Pickpocketing
-5 Stealing
-5 Looting Thieves Troves
-1 (varies/inconsistent) Fleeing from a guard that is demanding your bounty
-1 Crafting Provisioning recipes:
Firsthold Fruit and Cheese Plate, Port Hunding Cheese Fries, Rabbit Haunch with Cheese Grits, Whiterun Cheese-Baked Trout

Mirri DISLIKES:

-25,-1 (varies/inconsistent) Killing using the Blade of Woe
-25 Successful Completion of a Sacrament quest
-10 Visiting Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary
-1 Gathering Torchbugs and Butterflies

There are cooldowns on this stuff, some of their lengths are quite mysterious.

Please let me know if you find something I can test/replicate and add to the list.
Include all potentially relevant information such as location/situation/item or NPC details/quest giver/quest name/rapport amount when possible.

Happy hunting!

Seeing rapport numbers with this addon: LootDrop Reborn

Edited by Cireous on September 16, 2021 10:29AM
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great another time gate like feeding horses. Really selling these [snip] companions

[edited for language]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 3, 2021 1:09PM
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I took a boat from Daggerfall to the Gold Coast with Mirri. Nothing happened at the time, but after swapping to Bastian and bringing Mirri back later, immediately upon summoning her she commented about being queasy and her rapport dropped.

So I'd say we can add "boat travel between zones" to Mirri's dislike list.

Incidentally, I crafted a wine drink and then consumed it with Mirri out, and nothing happened. I wonder if the cooldowns aren't activity-specific.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My reputation with Bastian went up when I successfully scryed an antiquity lead
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    discovering set crafting station out in a world added a lorebook entry to my collection and Bastian liked it - hence the assumption of lorebooks. maybe he just likes when you discover crafting stations? he did like me clicking on bookshelf... once. this cooldown makes it a bit annoying to figure out some things IMO.

speaking of which, there really seems to be no cooldown on losing rapport.

I looted 2 different thieves throves out in a world with Bastian out one after a nothing (maybe within 30 seconds of each other?) got 2 pops of rapport decrease each time. after opening a stolen shipment I got from a second trove (right after looting it) got a single decrease of rapport again. doesn't matter if you loot those stealthed or out of stealth. if its part of the justice system, he is unhappy with you. he did commented that at least I wasn't the one to originally steal it.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was able to recreate everything but the boat travel one. I added them to the list. I will leave the boat one off the list until it's either fixed or others can recreate and verify. Thanks for all the additional finds, everyone :relaxed:
    Edited by Cireous on May 3, 2021 8:59PM
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Mirri DISLIKES:
    Taking/killing bugs"

What? Like if a spider is attacking she dislikes killing it?

Or are we talking about small environmental bugs?

And "taking bugs"? What does that mean exactly? Like looting bugs used for bait?

Ugh, I think Mirri is going to be a problem.
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mirri also likes when you craft alcoholic drinks.
    Edited by Saucy_Jack on April 23, 2021 4:24AM
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    "Mirri DISLIKES:
    Taking/killing bugs"

What? Like if a spider is attacking she dislikes killing it?

Or are we talking about small environmental bugs?

And "taking bugs"? What does that mean exactly? Like looting bugs used for bait?

Ugh, I think Mirri is going to be a problem.
    I will remove the word Kill. She reacts to what you are doing as if you are killing it. When you see a butterfly or dragonfly, those types of things, the interaction prompt is "take". So you are "taking" the bug. I know, it's weird. But that is what I meant. I will describe it as "gathering flying insects" instead. That probably clarifies it better, I imagine.

Edited by Cireous on April 23, 2021 4:27AM
  • arisenlicious
    arisenlicious
    ✭✭
    Mirri liked when I stole and ransacked a house.
    Can confirm the disliking of murdering bugs. She was upset when I accidentally killed a spider.
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm the disliking of murdering bugs. She was upset when I accidentally killed a spider.
    Okay, so for the spider, I cannot seem to recreate this. I am finding that, yes, she gets upset at spider kills, but I am not seeing any actual decrease in rapport. I did test this in Bangkorai, though, as I could not find any passive spiders in Blackwood. Do you happen to remember where you killed a spider that you saw a rapport decrease as a result?

As far as ransacking houses, I spent a fair time doing this and only saw an increase in rapport once. Because this only happened once in hours of stealing and murdering, and stealing some more, I think I am going to assume the increase in rapport was because of the actual item I stole, instead of for stealing itself. I am not 100% sure about this, but the item does have something to do with drinking, so I am leaning in that direction. This was the item that she seemed to fancy:

7MpYt5q.png

• Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cireous wrote: »
    Okay, so for the spider, I cannot seem to recreate this. I am finding that, yes, she gets upset at spider kills, but I am not seeing any actual decrease in rapport. I did test this in Bangkorai, though, as I could not find any passive spiders in Blackwood. Do you happen to remember where you killed a spider that you saw a rapport decrease as a result?

I got lots of comments from both Mirri and Bastian when I killed critters (squirrels, centipedes, lizards, etc.), but they were never accompanied by a rapport decrease. I did this often enough to conclude in my own mind that this doesn't actually decrease rapport, even if they're not fans.

Harvesting butterflies and torchbugs and the like did get me a rapport decrease with Mirri, but there does seem to be a cooldown on it.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bastian's rapport just increased, and I'm pretty sure it was due to my "harvesting" a butterfly. At least the increase showed up together with the insect parts in the loot log.

Now thinking it is taking him to the crafting station nearby, as mentioned above. I was under the impression we had to *discover* the station with him, but I'd already discovered it.

He got rapport the first time, even though it was already discovered for me, and he just got rapport increased again for bringing him back a few (5-10) minutes later.
    Edited by virtus753 on April 24, 2021 1:01AM
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    He got rapport the first time, even though it was already discovered for me, and he just got rapport increased again for bringing him back a few (5-10) minutes later.
    Good catch. Tested it, and it also seems to have about a 5 minute cool down. Will adjust wording from Discovering Crafting Stations to Visiting Crafting stations. Thanks!

• Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So just to get it right, gaining rapport is not only time gated, but both guys actually dislike common everyday stuff. So players that care about it have to constantly summon unsommon them at the right times to prevent issues?
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Got a rapport increase notice today from accepting the WB daily quest in The Reach. Just accepting it from the quest giver, I didn't actually do it. Bastian.
    Edited by anadandy on April 24, 2021 5:28PM
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anadandy wrote: »
    Got a rapport increase notice today from accepting the WB daily quest in The Reach. Just accepting it from the quest giver, I didn't actually do it. Bastian.
    I was unable to replicate this for the Reach WB daily, for any of the Reach dailies, and any dailies in other zones I tried. I wonder if it was for a specific quest that he likes. Do you still have it? What is it called?

List of Markarth World Boss Dailies:

Discarded Treasures: Gather scrap metal discarded by a Dwemer construct.
    Namira's Perversions: Rescue captives and interrupt a witch's ritual.
    Ruptures in the Reach: Close tears in the fabric of reality for the Ard's Stonehands.
    The Scholar's Request: Conduct an experiment on Dwarven spiders at Sentinel Point.
    Guides to the Deep: Destroy a massive Dwarven construct in Blackreach.
    Notes of the Void: Retrieve notes detailing a dangerous ritual for the Stonehands to dispose of.

I crossed out the one I picked up and did not receive rapport for.

• anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It was this one: Namira's Perversions: Rescue captives and interrupt a witch's ritual.
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was this one: Namira's Perversions: Rescue captives and interrupt a witch's ritual.
    K, I'll keep taking the quests until I get that one to verify. Perhaps someone else can verify as well.

• Elydros2015
    Elydros2015
    ✭✭
    I did get a rapport decrease twice with Mirri when I teleported to the outside of the Sugar Bowl Suite home. She comments as if she is sick from taking a boat. But I've ported all over the map with her and this is the only location where I lose rep.

A (possibly) related thing: I've noticed several occasions where we get someplace and Mirri says something like "I've been curious about this place. A word?" as if she wants to talk. But there is no new dialogue option. Maybe this is not fully implemented yet?
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looks like I need to wait for a (ingame collectible) companion who does not mind about doing Thieves & DB stuff before bothering with em. If they keep acting in fight like they did on quests where they dropped, it's a relief actually. Fortunately looks like ignoring em is not significantly crippling.

Have they changed game follower AI on live? I recently did the Mages guild on another char and during Eyevea part Valaste acted exactly like companions on PTS during their drop quests (that is annoying, spontaneously pulling foes to them and out of aoe and being generally more nuisance than help).
    Edited by rpa on April 25, 2021 6:01AM
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, I was able to pick up Namira's Perversions with Bastian today and no rapport was given. I abandoned it and tried again with Bastian, and also tried with Mirri, and nothing. Hmm.

Edited by Cireous on April 25, 2021 9:22PM
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did get a rapport decrease twice with Mirri when I teleported to the outside of the Sugar Bowl Suite home. She comments as if she is sick from taking a boat. But I've ported all over the map with her and this is the only location where I lose rep.
    Ha, I was able to replicate this as well. I'm thinking they messed up their code for the boat rapport decrease and it's happening in places it shouldn't. Kind of funny though, I'll add it to the list.

• anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, I was able to pick up Namira's Perversions with Bastian today and no rapport was given. I abandoned it and tried again with Bastian, and also tried with Mirri, and nothing. Hmm.

Thanks for testing! I'm wondering now if the bump I got was.a delayed reaction to something I did earlier. I do very often accidentally click the bookcase between the two quest givers - I bet that was it.
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Bastien is going to motivate even more people to partially loot troves. So how many will loot and destroy those lockpicks to save someone else the trouble of investigating an all-but-empty trove? I can see a tick for looting a trove, but per-item just encourages inconsiderate gameplay.
    Edited by Imryll on April 26, 2021 1:54AM
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Picked up a rapport increase for Mirri, today, stealing this item. She stated, "I didn't know you were interested in that genre, I will have to remember that."zoyD02I.png

• crazepdx
    crazepdx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Picked up a rapport increase for Mirri, today, stealing this item. She stated, "I didn't know you were interested in that genre, I will have to remember that."zoyD02I.png

She says that as one of her random comments when you read a book. I suspect the rapport increase was due to it being something you read. Was that the first thing you read that log on?
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    crazepdx wrote: »

She says that as one of her random comments when you read a book. I suspect the rapport increase was due to it being something you read. Was that the first thing you read that log on?
    I was stealing stuff for awhile. This was a stolen item from a safebox, not something i read. ;) Just seems to be another example of stealing something that she likes (whether it be drinking or book related or whatever else).
  • vailjohn_ESO
    vailjohn_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I got a Bastian Increase the first time I visited Arteum with him (had to walk a few feet away from the wayshrine). (subsequent visits did nothing)

I got a Bastian Increase when I came across the "random encounter" of two bandits fighting a Mercenary protecting a Trader and her horse. Once I killed the two bandits I got the increase. I've done this multiple times. (I'll attach a screen cap in case my description is bad).

I got a Mirri Decrease the first time I visited the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary with her. I summoned her after I did a Black Sacrament and like 10 seconds later I got the Decrease message. (I haven't tried a second visit)

Screen Cap of random overland encounter that increased Bastian's Rapport
    ul8jv7ligec0.png
    PC NA : 2013 Beta Tester : Altoholic
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Really insightful stuff, thanks! :smile:

I think the issue with the Rapport system is that it has internal cooldowns and secret counters or some such. :confused: Too much randomness. It's a totally confusing system (as we can see from your failed attempts to recreate rapport gains and losses - it's just unpredictable and arbitrary).

I had to read 20 books for the rapport to trigger for example. But the first time I walk to the Docks, Mirri hated it. Another time she didn't even comment or dislike the boats. This is nonsense. If a friend of mine hates snakes, she'll like it the first time I kill a snake for her. And if I dedicate a week of my life to decorating the world with slain snake guts as a tribute to her, she'll like me exponentially lot lot lot more. Not like, okay we did something fun once, but if you want to do fun stuff with me again I suddenly don't care anymore.

I hope they just change the whole system to be more like SWTOR where companion likes/dislikes are distinct and consistent.
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure I got a decrease from Mirri and a comment about her dislike of boats from porting to the exterior of Snugpod. I was very puzzled. (Snugpod, seriously? That's totally landbound.)
    Event Tracker addon (PC NA/EU)
    Helps you keep track of your Event Tickets, so you don't miss any. Double XP on events is PASSIVE now!!