Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

No proc BG test when Cyro test ends would be fun

• MarioMario
    MarioMario
    ✭✭✭
    Not everything that glitters is gold. BG ATM is a perfect paper/rock/scissors. I don't feel like there's a "GOD MODE" build out there.

If you run a 3 dot-proc build against a templar with ritual, a necro with hexpunge, or someone slotting purge or using curse eater, you'll probably loose.

Wardens/Necro/Templars with high health, dmg reflection build... you can kill them on any ranged class, using CCs, they can't have enough stamina to sustain a CC every 6 seconds. Usually necro with this kind of build are very slow too.

Damage stacking builds (buffed by alchemist, spell power cure, olorime, yolna, powerful assault) requires real skill and timing, but give best results.

I find really hard to counter good players that knows how to land their burst.
    Dot pressure builds are way easier to counter.

• MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jameson18 wrote: »

Am I in some kind of bubble?

Maybe, I play Xbox NA, solo queue, high MMR. There, the players who perform the best are not wearing damage proc sets, except for several mag burst classes running caluurions. Maybe some of them are wearing healing procs that are harder to identify, but I highly doubt it.

Can any other Xbox NA BG players back me up here? Am I the only one who feels like the BG performance ceiling lies with stat sets, or at least mostly stat sets and perhaps one damage proc?

Malacath. - allows full on heavy armor / hp build
    Ring of the wild hunt.
    Ring of the pale order.
    Torc of tonal constancy.
    Snow treader.
    Balorgh.
    Eternal Vigor.

Just to name a few things that you "can't see".

These are not damage proc sets.
    StaticWave wrote: »
    High mmr bgs are filled with the same people wearing the same 3-4 proc sets. It's a delusion to bring up "build diversity". It's an even bigger delusion to say that "all builds are equal now", when it is a fact that a good player wearing 3 proc sets will always beat a good player wearing full stats.

[snip]

Am I in some kind of bubble?

Maybe, I play Xbox NA, solo queue, high MMR. There, the players who perform the best are not wearing damage proc sets, except for several mag burst classes running caluurions. Maybe some of them are wearing healing procs that are harder to identify, but I highly doubt it.

Can any other Xbox NA BG players back me up here? Am I the only one who feels like the BG performance ceiling lies with stat sets, or at least mostly stat sets and perhaps one damage proc?

HIGH MMR is plagued by procstacking

My best estimate is about 1 in 4 players in High MMR BGs on Xbox NA are stacking damage proc sets. Prevalent, viable, even powerful, but not plaguing, and not vastly superior to stat set players, or players who run one proc and the rest stats.
    Edited by MurderMostFoul on April 16, 2021 2:55PM
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Mr_Gallows
    Mr_Gallows
    ✭✭✭
    YES please.but really I want a second BG option. Balanced BG, where you pick from a number og precreated template to determine your stats (except for skills, type of weapon, type of armor). Sort of the same as GW 2 has with the structured PvP.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Gallows wrote: »
    YES please.but really I want a second BG option. Balanced BG, where you pick from a number og precreated template to determine your stats (except for skills, type of weapon, type of armor). Sort of the same as GW 2 has with the structured PvP.

At this point ZOS better drop the RPG out of MMORPG.

Let's be honest. Complete balance is not archievable with different classes and tons of sets. Yet that customization is an integral part of RPGs.
    So if they'd actually aim for a real competitive, nothing but skill based PvP environment they'd need to restrict far more than only sets: mundus, food, and only one class, as you can't really say that stamNB is as useful in BG as e.g. Wardens or Necros. Even races needed to be leveled. Everyhting else would scew balance as well.

And then they're better off to make it an entirely different mode from Battle Grounds. Question is if enough die hard pvp players are in this game to make this profitable. I don't know.
  • WolfyRaps
    WolfyRaps
    ✭✭✭✭

Go play GW2 then. Let all of us who prefer ESO because we have build options enjoy ESO.
  • Mr_Gallows
    Mr_Gallows
    ✭✭✭
    WolfyRaps wrote: »

Go play GW2 then. Let all of us who prefer ESO because we have build options enjoy ESO.

Yes eso has build options... 100s of ways to fail and then a few meta builds that at least in the proc meta are just different flavours of the same.

Eso was better in many ways during late beta early release.. it being this ruined is an unfortunate development.
  • WolfyRaps
    WolfyRaps
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes eso has build options... 100s of ways to fail and then a few meta builds that at least in the proc meta are just different flavours of the same.

Eso was better in many ways during late beta early release.. it being this ruined is an unfortunate development.

If what you say would be true than you already have your wish and everybody that is serious about PVP would be wearing the same "meta" gear..

But, fortunately, what you say is 100% false..
  • Mr_Gallows
    Mr_Gallows
    ✭✭✭

If what you say would be true than you already have your wish and everybody that is serious about PVP would be wearing the same "meta" gear..

But, fortunately, what you say is 100% false..

It's not... and the meta isn't fun. The meta is particularly one sided during this proc era. Hopefully it will never be this bad again.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd welcome no-Proc BGs.

PC/NA rn is oneshot or be oneshot. Many proc, much skill.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Fhritz
    Fhritz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That would destroy BGs for a lot of people who enjoy them for what they are. The current BG community on my server has, from what i can tell, entirely different priorities & needs ranging from deathmatch-only-queue to custom arenas (just to name a few). Ive not once heard any familiar BG veteran state that they want a no-proc BG test, quite the opposite to be honest.

This is the first patch where actually every playstyle is viable in nocp BGs (full stats, full procs, hybrid), yet you are running around demanding new limitations to suit your personal agenda.

I'm a BG regular, let me assure you, I WONT enjoy no proc environments for many reasons, most importantly because ZOS is now balancing the game for years with sets (they even said that they intend to do that some years back). Current class balance without access to all sets is absolutely terrible.

I dont want BG lobbies to be filled with 8+/12 magsorcs and rest stamina nerds. Anyone who played ESO since 2014 knows thats what happens when you empower stat based gameplay too much in eso - suddenly everyone is either a) a magsorc or b) generic stamina.

This. I can't agree more. Plus with next patch "proc scaling" thing, the meta will be, i think, even more enjoyable.
    I'm a single character man.
    Stamblade. Khajiit. Mostly pvp.
    And...that's it.
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HiImRex wrote: »
    Dear @ZOS_GinaBruno,

The no proc Cyrodil has been a lot of fun, and even though I'm one of the people that have been asking for a no proc PVP environment, I'm still surprised by how much more I enjoy Cyrodil's combat without proc sets. Now, I very much want to experience no proc ESO pvp in different environments. I'm sure I am not alone.

In a couple months, procs will return to Cyrodil. When this happens, it would be awesome for us to have a one time, 1 month no proc BG test. I anticipate that the benefits of no proc pvp will shine even brighter in the pure even numbered team fight environment offered by the BG, and it will be very enjoyable even for those who are currently skeptical of the idea.

1 month long, limited-set (pure stat sets only) BGs, with double AP and XP from bgs.

And when that test ends, maybe a 1 month long limited-set Imperial City test with double TV. That would be the cherry on top.

Hope you'll consider it.

you have no idea what you are asking for, but if you like it that much, just don´t use them.
    I play the locked campaign ever since pvp started in cyrodil, now it is the no-proc campaign, most guilds left, it is the no-proc-no-fun-cam-pain now.
    Probably you hope for this too so you will be able to hit the scoreboard higher, but soon you will find yourself asking: why did I want this??
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stat scaling procs might or might not make things better.
    It all depends on how things scale.
    If investing the bare minimum means you'll get 90% effectiveness, then it's not much of a nerf/balance.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the only real nerf proc sets see is a nerf via Malacath, but that's why they're introducing Death Dealer‘s Fete.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MurderMostFoul I use a heavy proc set on BGs; however I often feel alone in this.

You're right, its not nearly as prevalent on xbox na
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Mariusghost84
    Mariusghost84
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No proc bgs would be my dream come true. Really hope it gets implemented!
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No proc bgs would be my dream come true. Really hope it gets implemented!

Well, next patch it'll be one proc per player max on optimized builds.

...plus, no one will be blocking...
  • ClawOfTheTwoMoons
    ClawOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zos said no proc bgs and ic are coming. Crutch-kids don't want to admit that zos saw a overwhelming positive reaction to the no proc cyro lmao. Can't wait.
  • Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zos said no proc bgs and ic are coming. Crutch-kids don't want to admit that zos saw a overwhelming positive reaction to the no proc cyro lmao. Can't wait.

I really hoped for a no procset campaign tho. We forgot how fun the game could be, going back to proc heroes will be even harder to digest. No proc cyrodill was the most fun i had in eso for years (even tho was still unplayable for the lag)
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh nice! No CP class imbalance BGs limited to 17 sets?!

Cant wait to go to Cyrodill now instead of BGs!
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When did they say this!?!
  • ClawOfTheTwoMoons
    ClawOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭

When did they say this!?!

The mentioned it when they announced that they weren't going to make the no proc tests last as long as they had first intended
    Ocelot9x wrote: »

I really hoped for a no procset campaign tho. We forgot how fun the game could be, going back to proc heroes will be even harder to digest. No proc cyrodill was the most fun i had in eso for years (even tho was still unplayable for the lag)

Same, I'm having a blast and have definitely improved in the pvp department.

Oh nice! No CP class imbalance BGs limited to 17 sets?!

Cant wait to go to Cyrodill now instead of BGs!

See ya!

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7153201#Comment_7153201

Gina posted here that they plan on making no proc bgs, ic and cyro for update 31
    Edited by ClawOfTheTwoMoons on April 23, 2021 1:46AM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Irony that they say they wont split the population for queueing for death match but will for no proc.

Just saying queueing for specific match mode is way more requested

Edit: she did day for PC and unknown for console
    Edited by Waffennacht on April 23, 2021 11:21PM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds