The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

PTS Update 30 - Bug Reports for Blackwood (Zone, Quests, etc)

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Please report any issues you run into while testing Blackwood quests and content in this thread. In general, we prefer you to use /bug in-game but if you’d rather submit a report here, please give us as much information as possible, including screenshots and/or video if applicable. Thank you!
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on April 20, 2021 3:53PM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Delfelnias
    Delfelnias
    ✭✭✭
    This is probably a minor thing, but at the end of the tutorial quest, Norianwe says that I can go to Stros M'kai, Khenarti's Roost and Bal Foyen. Yet the starting zone for EP has always been Bleakrock Isle. The portal is there, but in the dialogue is mentioned Bal Foyen instead of Bleakrock. jn01uo3691v9.png
  • Batgirl32
    Batgirl32
    ✭✭✭
    Brigadine Scout Iscaria is inside a bunch of rocks and I cannot talk to them.
    51mmjf8ri6ui.png
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when going through Deepscorn hollow to do the quest there, there is no map. just blank page. I have no addons on pts, so its a base game issue and seems like a bug to me.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • alli_mi
    alli_mi
    ✭✭
    When I'm talking to Sevilo Andus, he asked me to help him choose an outfit. His face would change to the one in the picture below.
    It does not matter what option I choose, his face could change anyway.

lwhoxyklcpgn.jpg
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Safebox bug is back where sometimes (not all the time) the entire loot list of a given colour's stealables is in one box.
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saucy_Jack wrote: »
    Safebox bug is back where sometimes (not all the time) the entire loot list of a given colour's stealables is in one box.

noticed this as well
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, in excavations, there's the bug again where even if you dig up multiple bonus items, sometimes all the items aren't given as rewards. The picture shows me uncovering gold and two bonus items (circled in red), but I was only given gold and one bonus item. Not sure what the second bonus item was supposed to be - maybe a new style stone?

fgta7hgeglmp.png
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • Jaddman
    Jaddman
    ✭✭✭
    There are some weird geography bugs south of Sariellen's Sword crafting set station.

1ckdbhmp0bqz.png

42vwt47mkuu0.png

• RemanCyrodiil_I
    RemanCyrodiil_I
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Couple of typing errors in Lewawiin NPC dialogues

kJwyozL.png

QhTeIA8.png

Josette is in the Chapel of Leyawiin and Nolus is by the writ-hand in crates
  • BlissfulDeluge
    BlissfulDeluge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I LOVE that you have connected Shadowfen and Northern Elsweyr through Blackwood!

My only real complaints here is that the trail leading up to the Blackwood gate in Northern Elsweyr isn't marked on the map, and that there is no road or trail connecting Murkmire to Blackwood :( Can you fix this, please?

fisouabyohxe.png

vaguqmjgv6qc.png
    Former completionist with all achievements unlocked up until Update 29 (Flames of Ambition). Avid RPer, writer, and former Breton lover. Then Legacy of the Bretons was released and I realized just how boring and uninspired the Bretons are according to the writers.
  • cheeseaddict
    cheeseaddict
    ✭✭✭
    pts keeps crashing, can only play for 5 min at a time
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found two interactable copies of Norianwe by the Greymoor/Western Skyrim and Summerset gate's pillars. Dialogue and options showed up but no audio, which may have been tied to her original position. They disappeared once I activated the gates and she moved in front of them.

edw6q20m71vk.png
    vm8rvu97p5n5.png

"Best" healer PC/NA
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At end of tutorial, I exhausted dialoque with whatwashername and could not interact with portal to Blackwood (other than music plying when standing front of it). I could interact with other destinations and after taking one, wayshine from there to Outskirts of Leyawiin wayshrine.
  • alli_mi
    alli_mi
    ✭✭
    rpa wrote: »
    At end of tutorial, I exhausted dialoque with whatwashername and could not interact with portal to Blackwood (other than music plying when standing front of it). I could interact with other destinations and after taking one, wayshine from there to Outskirts of Leyawiin wayshrine.

I had the same issue too!
  • alli_mi
    alli_mi
    ✭✭
    In Leyawiin, there are 2 Leyawiin Brigadine sparing. Although there is an option to talk to both of them, they don't talk to me. :'(

Edit: Added image and changed the Emoji
    Edited by alli_mi on April 20, 2021 10:07PM
  • alli_mi
    alli_mi
    ✭✭
    I was trying to increase my proficiency on my crafting skills, but I get the message "You cannot slot companion skills right now. No active companion."

u3ejs482gzu6.jpg

After I used the "/reloadui" option, everything went back to normal.
    Edited by alli_mi on April 20, 2021 10:37PM
  • Tigertron
    Tigertron
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I ask Mirri about our relationship her audio is very weak.
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the "Abundance of Stibbons" quest, when I try to go into the "Northern Vestry", it just spits me out the same door I try to enter; i can't access that part of the Xanmeer to continue the quest.
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finished the Xi-Tsei delve (quest / skyshard / delve boss) but the icon on my map is still showing as black, not white, even though I have the Xi-Tsei Explorer achievement unlocked.
  • RemanCyrodiil_I
    RemanCyrodiil_I
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The outside stairs to the second floor of the Temple of Dibella in Gideon are slightly raised above the ground, and you cannot walk up them without jumping

4D1rx0E.png
  • Serenez
    Serenez
    ✭✭✭
    icceckwryyk8.png
    rwa7rqnr8c64.png

These are incorrectly labelled as healing staves. I found these in the Tutorial in the Armory Room. Although Inferno and Lightning they do unlock the Healing Skill line when you equip these and use them.

Also not sure if it was intentional but in the Tutorial where you were told to 'find a weapon' there were quest markers above every kind of weapon except the healing or destruction staves. I did find an actual Flame Staff that I equipped and successfully used that during the tutorial, however I would have bypassed this had I not searched for it specifically.

Also I agree when 'chatting' with your companion the dialogue sound has a problem. It is not consistent and barely audible in some cases.

I also confirm the above posts regarding the stairs that need to be lowered at the Temple of Dibella in Gideon; the quest marker for Brigadine Scout Iscaria buried in rocks (there are duplicate quest markers for the same NPC so this one can likely be deleted as I found her in a different location); and Bal Foyen instead of Bleakrock Isle in the quest dialogue.
  • michaelemanuel11b16_ESO
    Overall, I found very few issues when completing the main quest. Three of particular note, however, regarded Mehrunes Dagon. His model did not load during the "Vision of Inevitability" or during the final confrontation at Fort Redman, which drastically reduced the suspense of the situation - particularly when other characters mentioned him being there. After defeating Vandacia, Dagon's voice doesn't load, leading to a minute of silence before the Ambitions speak again.
  • This_0ne
    This_0ne
    ✭✭✭
    I and one more person cant complete quest with Stebbons. We stuck at north part of location. When we try go to next part through the door it bring us at the same part of this location, not forward. We crossed all the fires but it doesn't work
    Edited by This_0ne on April 21, 2021 6:45PM
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Toad-Tongue War Camp world boss doesn't seem to have any aggro, you can't even target them, second picture with Endless Hail and Twisted Path activated:
    9rlfkb3l34yb.png
    c1a4xnc1jqco.png

And the barrels there can't be interacted with (might be during the fight, like Skreg), but they also have no collision; you can walk right through them.

Guess I got some goblin buddies <3
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dug up the basic green lead for the zone, got the zone's blue lead. Dug that up, got the zone's purple lead. Dug THAT up, and it somehow rewarded me with the blue lead for the "ancient extraction tool", which is the zone blue lead for The Reach.
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I made a new character to do the new tutorial. Basically, I liked it. Combat training is better than it used to be. I may have missed it, but I think it might be useful if the NPC mentions that the urns in the area can be looted — there are a lot of them, but they are delicate and rather hard to see. I got recipes and some basic gear from them, along with a lot of lockpicks.

A bug directly pertaining to Blackwood—the gate into Blackwood from the big gate room at the end of the tutorial was not functioning for me, so I could not port into the new area. That gate was not identified as Blackwood and there was no “E” to click. I did take a screenshot, but I don’t know how to upload it here.

Also, I think someone has mentioned it elsewhere, but the elf chick claims that you can port to Bal Foyen, which is not actually the starting point for the EP story. The gate indicates, correctly, that it’s actually Bleak Rock isle.

I love the room, though, and wish we could return to it. I particularly loved the way different music (I.e., different versions of Nerevar Rising) play when you stand in front of each gate. Since I couldn’t enter Blackwood, I went to Morrowind since the musical arrangement of the tune sounded so much like the original Morrowind that I was filled with nostalgia.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, not sure if this intentional or not. But the Soul Shriven found within the Mirrai acquire companion quest, looks more like a zombie then an actual soul shriven.
    959px-ON-npc-Ghalor.jpg
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a stone building by Hutan-Tzel that you can go around back off, drop down, and get underneath. Unfortunately, there's no way back out other than a port to a wayshrine.

oz00hwqmy5ye.png
    96in7542mep3.png
    fcnm88s3424f.png
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doing the "Ghostwriter of Giovesse" quest, and when it gets to the part where you're supposed to use the spirit lantern in the chapel, the quest marker is buried in the altar. Walking all around the altar and pointing the cursor every which-way, walking ON the altar and pointing the cursor every which-way - nothing gives the prompt to use the spirit lantern, so I can't continue the quest.

Also, just moving around inside the chapel trying to find the prompt causes Yisara to repeat her "not a scrap of golden armour in sight" line incessantly.

3y9uehpkn7e3.png
    Edited by Saucy_Jack on April 22, 2021 5:00PM
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2itqaj9r9vzp.png