The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Homemaker Slottable CP Working Properly?

katanagirl1
katanagirl1
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Now that I’m not changing CP allocations so often, I’m back to farming furnishing plans. What is up with this slottable? I have it on four toons. It says something like “get a 10% chance to get a second furnishing plan anywhere in the world”.

I rarely have this happen, and I farm plans a lot.

It have seen it maybe 3 times overland. Does this only apply in overland situations? Is an instanced location considered “not in the world”? I have not seen it happen in an instanced location such as Bthar-Zel.

If so, then slotting this CP is virtually worthless.
Khajiit Stamblade
Dark Elf Magsorc
Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
Orc Stamplar PVP
Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had it proc in instanced content; dungeons/trials, specifically.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Either I am the only one who is not getting 10% or no one else is noticing.

Surely there are more players here farming like crazy for those Markarth furnishing plans.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A 10% chance is not a high chance at all, and ZOS math has never been very accurate. I've had it work a few times, but not enough to keep it slotted if something else is needed.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Since I haven’t seen any data regarding this CP slottable, I have started collecting my own.

However, after a day of running Bthar-Zel four times through on my main today and farming the overland areas on 3 alts at both ends four times I have only got 13 furnishing plans, and none of those were doubled. It’ll take a while for me to get a large enough data set, but I have to say this seems like a waste of time.

I spend a lot of time farming Markarth plans and would like to get a boost, but I would have to be extremely lucky to get anything good out of this.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Only once I got a double drop in Markarth. And I always check every container everywhere I go.
    It's feeling more like a 1% chance to get a double drop...
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Only once I got a double drop in Markarth. And I always check every container everywhere I go.
    It's feeling more like a 1% chance to get a double drop...

I only have a small dataset so far, but overland at Bthardamz and outside Bthar-Zel in Arkthzand Caverns I have found 28 single plans and 7 doubled ones. Inside Bthar-Zel I have found 22 single plans and only 2 doubled ones.

Mostly greens in the doubles except for one blue pair.

I should note that I recently realized that I was not counting the single white furnishing plans, so it’s not as accurate data as I had planned. I just tune those out anyway, and farming this area on four toons for hours makes it hard for me to stay awake.

Still feels like a waste for what, 50 champion points?
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• MissPan3024
    MissPan3024
    ✭✭✭
    The rate is off completely. I farmed the new Markarth plans on 10 characters for a week straight and they all had the passive slotted. I didn’t get any double drops. I’ve only gotten 1 since the update and that was on a low level toon on Dreloth. I got 2 green food recipes.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @katanagirl1 You noted that you found blue as a pair. Have all your doubles been paired as the same quality? I've had double blue once and double purple twice. I've never seen a mismatched double at all. I'm wondering if they always drop as a pair of the same quality or if it's just random chance.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @katanagirl1 You noted that you found blue as a pair. Have all your doubles been paired as the same quality? I've had double blue once and double purple twice. I've never seen a mismatched double at all. I'm wondering if they always drop as a pair of the same quality or if it's just random chance.

Yes, I have always gotten two greens or two blues. I did get lucky enough once to get one pair of purples too.

They are also always two base game plans or two zone plans, aka Dwarven or Solitude, since I am farming in the Reach.

I was keeping a tally of how many singles and doubles I was getting, but I got discouraged at how much time I was spending farming furnishing plans and how few I was actually finding (and almost all being ones I already had) that I stopped.

For 50 CP, I think instead that we should get a boost on the percent chance for furnishing plan drops instead of the double drop. I have all day to play and farm furnishing plans and it’s depressing how much time I put in and how little I get. Most of the plans are complete garbage base game furnishing plans and also a lot of provisioning recipes in those same comtainers, too.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The chances continue to be small but I get double drops once in a while (green and blue, no purples so far).
    I'm not recording my drop rates but the chance it's really low - toop tip says 10% but still feels lesser to me.
    (..) Still feels like a waste for what, 50 champion points?
    25CP. I have 25CP to "waste" on this slottable. LOL

"Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭

From what I've seen so far not only you get the same quality, you get the same type (so if one is, lets say, a Redguard plan, so will the other).

If memory serves, I've only gotten greens so far, but there is a chance of double drops from every place that has a chance of dropping plans - even when stealing.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was tracking single and double drops in overland areas (like Bthardamz and the area just outside the Bthar-Zel entrance in Arkthzand Caverns) separately, and also within Bthar-Zel and the Briar Rock Ruins delve.

I’m going to refer to the first group as the “overland” group and the second as the “delve” group.

I don’t remember the numbers exactly, but I got roughly the same number of single plan drops in both overland and delve groups, but many more doubles in the overland group.

Overall, it was probably about a 10% chance for doubles, but as I mentioned I neglected to count the white furnishing plans so my numbers were likely skewed higher than if I had counted them. Note that I don’t think I’ve ever got a double white plan drop, thankfully.

Getting fewer double drops in delves is unfortunate, since that is where the vast majority of containers are located, namely Bthar-Zel. I only had higher numbers of drops in the overland areas because I could farm them on four toons instead of the one toon I have that can access Bthar-Zel.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Mortuus126
    Mortuus126
    ✭✭
    I would bet money that there is a REDUCED chance to get epic furnishing patterns while this is slotted. I used to get epic furnishing patterns pretty regularly. Usually because when I play this game, I binge it and put in more hours per week than a full time job. Real loser s**t if I'm being honest. Most of my time is spent doing exclusively solo content: questing and thieving. I kill every mob in my way, explore every corner of every map, pickpocket every NPC, loot every container...you get the idea.

Last time I played this game, I think I would get an epic furnishing pattern once every few days, or maybe once a week. Certainly less common than motifs, but still relatively common. Since I slotted Homemaker, I went an entire month without ever seeing an epic furnishing--about 400 hrs of play time. Today, I briefly swapped out Homemaker in favor of Infamous while I dumped my inventory of stolen goods.

Unfortunately, I forgot to put Homemaker back in when I was done. Lo and behold, on my very first outing after removing Homemaker, I get an epic furnishing pattern out an urn (and a valuable one too!). It happened so quickly that it does not seem coincidental. I'd bet that they don't want people "getting too lucky" and double looting epic furnishing patterns, so they make them impossible to get with Homemaker.

I realize this is anecdotal and conspiratorial, but my experience honestly has me second guessing the value of this slottable as someone who farms a lot of furnishing patterns.
    Edited by Mortuus126 on August 16, 2023 9:21PM