Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Get an Early Look at Blackwood During Our Preview Event"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
33apjm4s434y.png
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article "Get an Early Look at Blackwood During Our Preview Event"

Watch the Blackwood Chapter Preview Event on Twitch.tv/Bethesda and discover what adventures await as the Gates of Oblivion year-long adventure continues.
Staff Post
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So new PTS cycle is coming in couple of weeks, looking forward to it.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wooooo Daddy Dagon is gonna take us all to space hell!! 🔥👐🗡️🚀
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • MyKillv2.0
    MyKillv2.0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw the image, thought the pet was a mount, and became REALLY excited. Now I am crushed :D:D:D

Seriously though, Really excited to see this stream! I hope they explain more about the companion system and showcase that off a little bit. I am really excited for what this system could be.
  • Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do I understand correctly that after the announcement, we should expect an update on pts in the coming days?
    PC/EU
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, nice ! Maybe we will finally know more about mysterious Argonian dude that so far is a 2nd plan character that fetches swords :D:joy:
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So new PTS cycle is coming in couple of weeks, looking forward to it.

sigh, more lag in PvP.
  • AzucarSalado
    AzucarSalado
    ✭✭
    It would be nice if you include TESO events in the twitch schedule. Ther are for other Bethesda games.

cheers
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not entirely sure but I think this flame pony was already given to us as a monthly reward or something else. Gotta check when I log in later. 🤔
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Do I understand correctly that after the announcement, we should expect an update on pts in the coming days?

They've been doing that for a while now, after the preview, next week is pts, and assuming 5-6 weeks of pts this is likely what we can expect.

I really hope we get something more/other than just the companions system, especially since they won't work for pvp.
    Mythics, even with some of them being overtuned, were something that even pvpers could look forward to last Chapter, I'd hate to see us get nothing out of this one.
    While it's too late now most likely, I did suggest doing something with sigil stones, perhaps unique enchantments.
    I think it would be in line with the theme of the chapter, and wouldnt have to be super ganebreaking, and would give something to pvpers as well, to look forward to in the ew update.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a thought PTS wise. Is it possible to provide templates with the companions available? Then we have the option to test them without spoiling the story.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a thought PTS wise. Is it possible to provide templates with the companions available? Then we have the option to test them without spoiling the story.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Alternatively companions can be added to crown store on pts for easier testing.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • TheRimOfTheSky
    TheRimOfTheSky
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hope you guys take a look at Adamantine/Direnni Tower and fix any inaccuracies with it before launch
  • seecodenotgames
    seecodenotgames
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had figured that since it will be live on 1st June and PTS usually runs for 5 weeks, that PTS will be next updated on 26th April. Maybe they will do it earlier, I don't know.
    Houses on PC EU (newest first)
    • 62. Sand Castles (Fogbreak Lighthouse) - A literal life size sand castle
    • 61. Riften Meadery (Old Mistveil Manor) - A new meadery has opened outside Riften
    • 60. Helene's Writing Room (Golden Gryphon Garret) - A small room for Helene to get some quiet writing time
    • 59. Picnic at Pelin (Black Vine Villa) - Based on the lore book Picnic at Pelin (A Horror Story)
    • 58. Almalexias Temple (Forsaken Stronghold) - A Dunmer Tower with a shrine to the three
    • 57. Pirate New Life For Me (Highhallow Hold) - A pirate tavern where they gift you loot
    • 56. Woodvine Cathedral (Agony's Ascent) - A living cathedral thriving in the Deadlands
    • 55. Dark Elf Town House (Quondam Indorilia) - A small and cosy town house on the edge of Mournhold
    • 54. The Secret Tower (Exorcised Coven Cottage) - A hidden mage tower in the swamps on the Hag Fen
    • 53. Knight Club (Frostvault Chasm) - A disco in a dwarven mineshaft
    • 52. Dwemer Cave City (The Erstwhile Sanctuary) - A lost dwarven city has been found deep underground
    • 51. Alinor Gryphon Aerie (Colossal Aldmeri Grotto) - A place where gryphons are trained
    • 50. The Charred Towers (Doomchar Plateau) - Deadlands themed fortress with two towers and custom furniture
    • 49. Argonian Sea Town (Tel Galen) - An Argonian sea port
    • 48. Daedric Princess Tower (Seaveil Spire) - An underwater tower dedicated to the Daedric Prince Meridia
    • 47. Fargrave Observatory (Ossa Accentium) - An observatory in the portal realm of Fargrave
    • 46. Hundings Beach House (Hundings Palatial Hall) - Beach house and hottub
    • 45. Crystal Gardens (Snugpod) - Enchanted Gardens with crystalline trees
    • 44. Dawnlight Health Spa (Princely Dawnlight Palace) - Our spa waters are revitalising and ready to heal your aching body
    • 43. Mountainside Retreat (Pariah's Pinnacle) - An orc mountainside hall with an amazing view
    • 42. Volcanic Vile Villa (Kushalit Sanctuary) - A private hollowed out volcano for all your mad alchemist needs
    • 41. Arenthian Water Temple (Strident Springs Demesne) - A relaxing water temple outside Arenthia
    • 40. Woodland Cottage (Ald Velothi Harbor House) - A house in a tree, but not a treehouse
    • 39. Winter Snow Meadhall (Enchanted Snow Globe Home) - A winter meadhall has opened to get everyone in the festive mood
    • 38. Fire and Ice Hotel (Elinhir Private Arena) - An new hotel has opened with an ice bar and a lava room
    • 37. City of Princes (Pantherfang Chapel) - Citadese is under attack from a dragon invasion. Prince Tarvia is leading the escape through the sewers.
    • 36. Dark Brotherhood Home (Stay-Moist Mansion) - A Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary found beneath an Argonian village
    • 35. Volkihar Courtyard (Velothi Reverie) - A castle courtyard modelled on the famous Volkihar Castle in Skyrim
    • 34. Rada's Summer Getaway (Potentate's Retreat) - A Redguard mansion with a dark vampiric secret in the basement
    • 33. Cascadia Wine N Dine (Sweetwater Cascades) - Vineyard and meadery with two restaurants and a chapel
    • 32. Walled Kitchen Garden (Amaya Lake Lodge) - Fresh produce and cut flowers for sale. Hot food served in a family restaurant.
    • 31. Luckycat Summerhouse (Lucky Cat Landing) - A khajiiti villa with spa and dining
    • 30. Helene's Boutique (Water's Edge) - The famous dressmaker has opened a new dress shop in town
    • 29. Alinor Garden Party (Mathiisen Manor) - A party in the flower gardens of a Altmer noble's manor
    • 28. Markarth Bath House (Stone Eagle Aerie) - A relaxing spa and bath house with an arts and craft centre
    • 27. Treeboat house (The Gorinir Estate) - No one know how an imperial ship ended up in the treetops
    • 26. Varlaisvea College (Varlaisvea Ayleid Ruins) - An ancient library has been discovered deep inside an Ayleid ruin
    • 25. City on the Moon (The Orbservatory Prior) - Moonbase with housing and an inn under the stars
    • 24. Lakemire Water Gardens (Lakemire Xanmeer Manor) - Relaxing hanging gardens and a fish restaurant beneath the Xanmeer
    • 23. Hircine's Hunt Club (Hunters Glade) - A relaxing villa for werewolves to feast in the ever refilling hunting grounds
    • 22. Lost Dwarven Kingdom (Shalidor’s Shrouded Realm) - A lost Dwemer king's palace has been found in a mage's pocket realm
    • 21. Replaced with 54. The Secret Tower
    • 20. Topal Fishing Resort (Grand Topal Hideaway) - A resort in the middle of a fishing lake on a private island
    • 19. Castleton Manor (Alinor Crest Townhouse) - The home of Lord Castleton and his daughter Sonja
    • 18. Cave of BBQ N Ribs (Earthtear Cavern) - A secret rocky dome, hosts a BBQ and ribs restaurant
    • 17. Who Lived in a Shoe (The Ample Domicile) - There was an old reach witch who lived in a shoe
    • 16. Dwemer Party Tower (Hall of the Lunar Champion - Lion's Cradle) - A dwarven flying tower repurposed for parties
    • 15. A Taste of Alinor (Sleek Creek House) - A small piece of Alinor beside a creek
    • 14. Lava Submarine Base (Bastion Sanguinaris) - An evil vampire alchemy lab, accessible only via a lava submarine
    • 13. Spirit-tree Library (Wraithhome) - A library built atop an ancient forest within an ancient Daedric ruin
    • 12. Golden Beach Palace (Thieves' Oasis) - A dwarven inspired Redguard beach resort
    • 11. Mad Scientists House (Cyrodilic Jungle House) - Workshop and garage with an experimental De-lore-ean
    • 10. Big Toy House (Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery) - Two life sized doll's houses and a inn beneath the stairs
    • 9. Icy Falls Inn (Forgemaster Falls) - Two Nord lodges on a lake, serving mead and fresh fish
    • 8. Blue-ice Palace (Stillwaters Retreat) - Solitude, but on a frozen lake
    • 7. Mushroom Manor (Coldharbour Surreal Estate) - Dunmer house built from giant mushrooms
    • 6. Vampire Academy with wine bar (Daggerfall Overlook) - Come for the nibbles; stay for eternity
    • 5. Three Pillows War (Grymharth's Woe) - Re-enact the three banners war with pillow forts and floof balls
    • 4. Treefern House (Moon-sugar meadow) - Giant treefern treehouse
    • 3. Artaeum Theatre/Opera housel (Grand Psijic Manor) - Tiered Balcony
    • 2. Imperial Bridal Suite (Linchal Grand Manor) - Wedding venue with bridal suite extension
    • 1. Dragonguard Penthouse (Jode's Embrace) - 3 Extra floors, with indoor conservatory and top floor gym
  • GrimTheReaper45
    GrimTheReaper45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really hoping to get more info on companions. Im really excited about them.

Also really looking forward to hearing the release date for a QUEN COMPANION that at some point in the future will have a ROMANCE OPTION. I know zos wont break my heart twice..... right zos? :#
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    Wooooo Daddy Dagon is gonna take us all to space hell!! 🔥👐🗡️🚀

Glass Hands to the Daedric Plane of Lorkhan

(Am I doing it right?)
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wait 3 pm?!
    Damn im not finished working yet at that time😑
    Since when are the stream in the midie of a work day?
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also have a small, but annoying problem with your announcement: as usual, you don't include European (or Australian) times of the event, only US and UK. I'm fairly sure that those 2 countries give a lot of your players, but I'm also sure that including CEST (heck, even plain UTC) shouldn't be missed...
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wait 3 pm?!
    Damn im not finished working yet at that time😑
    Since when are the stream in the midie of a work day?

Always watch the streams but never "live" D/T real life. Really wish their was a way to claim the pet after watching the stream either live or say sometimes within 24 hours of broadcast.

Stay safe and enjoy the journey 😊

PS. ZOS stop the micromanagement of the green tree 🥺
  • FaceDancer
    FaceDancer
    ✭✭
    They already say that the PTS will launch the 16 of April if I remember well, they said it and drop other blackwood dates (like a eso live this Friday) in the last eso live of the past week

Edt the PTS it's the 19 of April the 16 it's another eso live
    Edited by FaceDancer on March 30, 2021 8:20PM
  • seecodenotgames
    seecodenotgames
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    16th is a Friday, they usually add PTS on a monday
    • 61. Riften Meadery (Old Mistveil Manor) - A new meadery has opened outside Riften
    • 60. Helene's Writing Room (Golden Gryphon Garret) - A small room for Helene to get some quiet writing time
    • 59. Picnic at Pelin (Black Vine Villa) - Based on the lore book Picnic at Pelin (A Horror Story)
    • 58. Almalexias Temple (Forsaken Stronghold) - A Dunmer Tower with a shrine to the three
    • 57. Pirate New Life For Me (Highhallow Hold) - A pirate tavern where they gift you loot
    • 56. Woodvine Cathedral (Agony's Ascent) - A living cathedral thriving in the Deadlands
    • 55. Dark Elf Town House (Quondam Indorilia) - A small and cosy town house on the edge of Mournhold
    • 54. The Secret Tower (Exorcised Coven Cottage) - A hidden mage tower in the swamps on the Hag Fen
    • 52. Dwemer Cave City (The Erstwhile Sanctuary) - A lost dwarven city has been found deep underground
    • 51. Alinor Gryphon Aerie (Colossal Aldmeri Grotto) - A place where gryphons are trained
    • 50. The Charred Towers (Doomchar Plateau) - Deadlands themed fortress with two towers and custom furniture
    • 48. Daedric Princess Tower (Seaveil Spire) - An underwater tower dedicated to the Daedric Prince Meridia
    • 47. Fargrave Observatory (Ossa Accentium) - An observatory in the portal realm of Fargrave
    • 44. Dawnlight Health Spa (Princely Dawnlight Palace) - Our spa waters are revitalising and ready to heal your aching body
    • 43. Mountainside Retreat (Pariah's Pinnacle) - An orc mountainside hall with an amazing view
    • 42. Volcanic Vile Villa (Kushalit Sanctuary) - A private hollowed out volcano for all your mad alchemist needs
    • 41. Arenthian Water Temple (Strident Springs Demesne) - A relaxing water temple outside Arenthia
    • 40. Woodland Cottage (Ald Velothi Harbor House) - A house in a tree, but not a treehouse
    • 39. Winter Snow Meadhall (Enchanted Snow Globe Home) - A winter meadhall has opened to get everyone in the festive mood
    • 38. Fire and Ice Hotel (Elinhir Private Arena) - An new hotel has opened with an ice bar and a lava room
    • 37. City of Princes (Pantherfang Chapel) - Citadese is under attack from a dragon invasion. Prince Tarvia is leading the escape through the sewers.
    • 36. Dark Brotherhood Home (Stay-Moist Mansion) - A Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary found beneath an Argonian village
    • 35. Volkihar Courtyard (Velothi Reverie) - A castle courtyard modelled on the famous Volkihar Castle in Skyrim
    • 34. Rada's Summer Getaway (Potentate's Retreat) - A Redguard mansion with a dark vampiric secret in the basement
    • 33. Cascadia Wine N Dine (Sweetwater Cascades) - Vineyard and meadery with two restaurants and a chapel
    • 32. Walled Kitchen Garden (Amaya Lake Lodge) - Fresh produce and cut flowers for sale. Hot food served in a family restaurant.
    • 31. Luckycat Summerhouse (Lucky Cat Landing) - A khajiiti villa with spa and dining
    • 30. Helene's Boutique (Water's Edge) - The famous dressmaker has opened a new dress shop in town
    • 29. Alinor Garden Party (Mathiisen Manor) - A party in the flower gardens of a Altmer noble's manor
    • 28. Markarth Bath House (Stone Eagle Aerie) - A relaxing spa and bath house with an arts and craft centre
    • 27. Treeboat house (The Gorinir Estate) - No one know how an imperial ship ended up in the treetops
    • 26. Varlaisvea College (Varlaisvea Ayleid Ruins) - An ancient library has been discovered deep inside an Ayleid ruin
    • 25. City on the Moon (The Orbservatory Prior) - Moonbase with housing and an inn under the stars
    • 24. Lakemire Water Gardens (Lakemire Xanmeer Manor) - Relaxing hanging gardens and a fish restaurant beneath the Xanmeer
    • 23. Hircine's Hunt Club (Hunters Glade) - A relaxing villa for werewolves to feast in the ever refilling hunting grounds
    • 22. Lost Dwarven Kingdom (Shalidor’s Shrouded Realm) - A lost Dwemer king's palace has been found in a mage's pocket realm
    • 20. Topal Fishing Resort (Grand Topal Hideaway) - A resort in the middle of a fishing lake on a private island
    • 19. Castleton Manor (Alinor Crest Townhouse) - The home of Lord Castleton and his daughter Sonja
    • 18. Cave of BBQ N Ribs (Earthtear Cavern) - A secret rocky dome, hosts a BBQ and ribs restaurant
    • 17. Who Lived in a Shoe (The Ample Domicile) - There was an old reach witch who lived in a shoe
    • 16. Dwemer Party Tower (Hall of the Lunar Champion - Lion's Cradle) - A dwarven flying tower repurposed for parties
    • 15. A Taste of Alinor (Sleek Creek House) - A small piece of Alinor beside a creek
    • 14. Lava Submarine Base (Bastion Sanguinaris) - An evil vampire alchemy lab, accessible only via a lava submarine
    • 13. Spirit-tree Library (Wraithhome) - A library built atop an ancient forest within an ancient Daedric ruin
    • 12. Golden Beach Palace (Thieves' Oasis) - A dwarven inspired Redguard beach resort
    • 11. Mad Scientists House (Cyrodilic Jungle House) - Workshop and garage with an experimental De-lore-ean
    • 10. Big Toy House (Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery) - Two life sized doll's houses and a inn beneath the stairs
    • 9. Icy Falls Inn (Forgemaster Falls) - Two Nord lodges on a lake, serving mead and fresh fish
    • 7. Mushroom Manor (Coldharbour Surreal Estate) - Dunmer house built from giant mushrooms
    • 6. Vampire Academy with wine bar (Daggerfall Overlook) - Come for the nibbles; stay for eternity
    • 5. Three Pillows War (Grymharth's Woe) - Re-enact the three banners war with pillow forts and floof balls
    • 2. Imperial Bridal Suite (Linchal Grand Manor) - Wedding venue with bridal suite extension
    • 1. Dragonguard Penthouse (Jode's Embrace) - 3 Extra floors, with indoor conservatory and top floor gym
  • FaceDancer
    FaceDancer
    ✭✭
    16th is a Friday, they usually add PTS on a monday

Yes updated the PTS it's 19 of April the 16 it's an eso live mhhq3b540bf7.jpg
  • Sleep724
    Sleep724
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m sure the pts will help fix all the bugs and issues with companions systems before it goes live...
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, nice ! Maybe we will finally know more about mysterious Argonian dude that so far is a 2nd plan character that fetches swords :D:joy:
    Or... maybe not lol... I mean that character can not be that unimportant, right ? Besides they said that Imperial from the trailer is is the player character...
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on March 31, 2021 7:40PM
  • Esmaralda
    Esmaralda
    ✭✭
    Well that really sucked. It wasn't on even 20 minutes! And you have to watch for 15 for the pet? So like what about us folks who work until 3pm and can't get home right at 3?? We're screwed. This new drop system is for the birds. The only players who can get them are the ones who are home all the time or can watch at work. You've got to realize not everyone can do that. This game company is making me angry, you just cater to players who do nothing but play ESO all day.
    ♥♥♥ Ezmaralda, Vampire of Morrowind ♥♥♥
  • EternityElessedial
    EternityElessedial
    Soul Shriven
    Wasn't able to get my drops as the stream was to short and kept lagging on every device I tried watching it on.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just finished watching this event and it was superb! Short and informative. Lyranth is so cool and I was absolutely delighted to learn from Rich that companions will be able to ride mounts from the collection of mounts that the player has.

I found myself smiling as Jess and Gina were talking due their infectious cheerfulness and enthusiasm.

Well done and thanks for pet and crate! :)
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • seecodenotgames
    seecodenotgames
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought it would last at least 30 mins. I logged in a bit late, only to find it only lasted 20 minutes. :'(
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it weird that I found the following super exciting?
    • That corn on the cob
    • Those 3 little tomatoes
    • That silverware!
    • One companion pleased at charitable giving and the other disappointed in criminal behavior (that might be a problem for me, lol)
    • And most importantly, one companion SITTING in a CHAIR... mimicking the player's emote... and doing this possibly in a player home?!
  • Fentras
    Fentras
    ✭✭
    I didn't get the 15 min requirement on my main account, but did on some of my other accounts, only to find out that my attempts to claim them were met with failure.

With the problems with logins on both Realms underway, I am hoping that is why my claim attempts are failing :(
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thankyou for the great stream, information in the stream and the free items and also for the duration as not having a lot of time it helped although I enjoy the longer streams too.