Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Celebrate the Absurd During the Jester’s Festival In-Game Event"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
jm338jx71oeo.png
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article "Celebrate the Absurd During the Jester’s Festival In-Game Event"

Publicize the pointless and the preposterous with a pretend party sure to perplex the pretentious and the pessimistic but please your puerile peers who profess a passion for playfulness and princely porcine prizes.
Staff Post
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please correct announcement error?

"The Event Ticket timer resets at 1:00AM EDT each morning."

You got it right that Daylight Saving Time started in most of the US last weekend, but daily reset is fixed and doesn't change with time changes, so it's 2:00 AM EDT.

Thanks! Also, MANY THANKS for such early announcement! I really appreciate it, so I can get the addon update done soon! <3
    Event Tracker addon (PC NA/EU)
    Helps you keep track of your Event Tickets, so you don't miss any. Double XP on events is PASSIVE now!!
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You got it right that Daylight Saving Time started in most of the US last weekend, but daily reset is fixed and doesn't change with time changes, so it's 2:00 AM EDT.

Thanks! Also, MANY THANKS for such early announcement! I really appreciate it, so I can get the addon update done soon! <3

“Daylight Savings” is an instance of irl absurd and should be abolished! :lol: (Not a criticism of your post of course you are absolutely right!)

Looking forward to my first Jester’s Festival! :smiley:
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

“Daylight Savings” is an instance of irl absurd and should be abolished! :lol: (Not a criticism of your post of course you are absolutely right!)

Looking forward to my first Jester’s Festival! :smiley:

Your first?? Oh you are gonna love it, it's a hoot.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can you clarify what the time will be in the UK?
    Will it also 1am, or will it be 6 hours ahead of the US time?
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    6am GMT

which is fine until 28th when we move to BST & it'll be 7am
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, uh...

When you say:
    "Take note that not all share your finely honed sense of humor, and some might object to having a pie thrown in their face - crazy, right?"

I'm not quite sure how to take that.

We know from Gina Bruno that if we're asked to stop spamming emotes at someone, we should stop. NOTABLE-01387.jpg
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/546727/was-it-ever-confirmed-if-tea-bagging-is-against-tos-now/p1

And yet here, we've got an official website post that seems to be saying that it's "crazy" that players might object to the use of in-game emotes. I'm guessing the writer was trying to be funny? Unfortunately, given the number of players on these forums willing to defend their right to spam emotes even after being asked to stop, I think calling the players who object or who want a toggle to prevent emotes being forced on their character "crazy" was a poor decision. If it was supposed to be sarcasm, well, (A) it's very hard to convey tone on the internet, and (B.) Poe's Law is a thing and there are posters on this forum who ridicule players who don't want emotes like mudballs to effect them.

In any case, if whoever wrote that phrase wasn't aware that some players have concerns about certain emotes forcing interactions on their characters or being used to harass them, perhaps they'll be more aware of it now.

And before anyone chimes in with the "Oh that's so serious! It's the Jester Event! It's all supposed to be fun!"...

Well, yes, yes it is supposed to be fun. What's not fun is having people refuse to stop spamming emotes and then they and ZOS call you "crazy" for just not understanding the emote spammer's finely honed sense of humor. I'd like ZOS to do better.

A few recent threads on the topic:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/554253/should-eso-make-an-option-to-turn-off-mystery-meat-mudballs-etc/p1
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/564888/mudball-harrassment/
    Edited by VaranisArano on March 17, 2021 4:15PM
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    Can you clarify what the time will be in the UK?
    Will it also 1am, or will it be 6 hours ahead of the US time?

6 hours ahead, if that's when your crafting and other daily quests reset.
    Event Tracker addon (PC NA/EU)
    Helps you keep track of your Event Tickets, so you don't miss any. Double XP on events is PASSIVE now!!
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh no, not this again!!

In the name of sanity can someone please design an add-on that will override the animation after some troll hits you with a pie for the hundredth f***ing time!

🤬😡🤮

Just let me do my blasted writs in peace!!

As someone with an anxiety condition this game is normally a balm for the soul. But being hounded by those pies and those cursed mudballs, it just makes me want to SCREAM!!
    Edited by Integral1900 on March 17, 2021 4:35PM
  • Tarbs01
    Tarbs01
    So this event only last for 7 days?
    Xbox/NA Nord DK For the Pact!
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, uh...

When you say:
    "Take note that not all share your finely honed sense of humor, and some might object to having a pie thrown in their face - crazy, right?"

We know from Gina Bruno that if we're asked to stop spamming emotes at someone, we should stop. NOTABLE-01387.jpg
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/546727/was-it-ever-confirmed-if-tea-bagging-is-against-tos-now/p1

And yet here, we've got an official website post that seems to be saying that it's "crazy" that players might object to the use of in-game emotes.
    I think the line is to convey that guards will attack you if you hit them with a pie, and maybe also the fact that one achievement needs to happen in PvP.

Edited by driosketch on March 17, 2021 5:14PM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We'll get this updated, thanks for letting us know!
    So, uh...

When you say:

All joking aside, maliciously using emotes is still not okay and if you ask somebody to stop then they should stop.
    Staff Post
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really wish new achievements would be added with these events. the last ones were back in 2019
  • JoeCapricorn
    JoeCapricorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe this year I will finally get that Empieror achievement.
    I simp for vampire lords and Glemyos Wildhorn
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    QBRh6Gi.jpg?1

Edited by goldenarcher1 on March 17, 2021 6:19PM
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tarbs01 wrote: »

Yes, but it's typically back-to-back with the anniversary event, so brace yourself for 3+ weeks of non-stop eventing.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So, uh...

When you say:

All joking aside, maliciously using emotes is still not okay and if you ask somebody to stop then they should stop.

Thank you for the clarification, on both accounts!
  • Tarbs01
    Tarbs01
    opaj wrote: »

Yes, but it's typically back-to-back with the anniversary event, so brace yourself for 3+ weeks of non-stop eventing.

Ah. Thanks. This will be my first Jester's Event so I didn't realize it went shorter than other events.
    Will also be my first anniversary event as well so, all kinds of new coming at me.
    Xbox/NA Nord DK For the Pact!
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    opaj wrote: »

Ah. Thanks. This will be my first Jester's Event so I didn't realize it went shorter than other events.
    Will also be my first anniversary event as well so, all kinds of new coming at me.

Same here on both counts as I missed last spring! Really excited for this year! :smiley:
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for releasing this over a week in advance!

A brief follow-up request:

The announcement for the Jester's Festival links to this guide on the Monolith pet and its morphs:

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/guides/eventtickets

It seems this event ticket & rewards guide hasn't been updated since January 27.

We now know both of the events listed as "TBA" for the second and third fragments of the skin, and the first has already passed. The other is of course Jester's.

On a related note, those on the PTS got to see the subsequent morph, the Firewalker personality. Since that information is already publicly available (see, e.g., UESP), perhaps it could be added to the guide above as a teaser for the Anniversary event?
  • prof_doom
    prof_doom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Cadwell Kitchen armor in the Crown Store for the event?
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just get a friend to log on another alliance and kill eachother 10x to get achievement.
    Awake, but at what cost
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TwinLamps wrote: »

Just get a friend to log on another alliance and kill eachother 10x to get achievement.

That's what I did just ask a guild mate. We met and killed each only 10 times. Pretty easy to get and do.

Stay safe and enjoy the journey :)
  • Ekzorka
    Ekzorka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, yes, yes it is supposed to be fun. What's not fun is having people refuse to stop spamming emotes and then they and ZOS call you "crazy" for just not understanding the emote spammer's finely honed sense of humor. I'd like ZOS to do better.
    While someone is offended by in-game interaction, the real offence happening in chat which based on language and place of living.
    [Snip]

[Edited for bait]
    Edited by ZOS_GabeS on March 18, 2021 12:28PM
  • Artorias24
    Artorias24
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So, uh...

When you say:

How can i ask someone to stop when they have me on ignore or are in offline mode?
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Artorias24 wrote: »

So, uh...

When you say:

How can i ask someone to stop when they have me on ignore or are in offline mode?

Use /say. If they don't acknowledge, then report the player, let ZOS decide if their decision to ignore communication is a defense or not.

Also note, that like Skywatch during New Life, event areas are going to be full of pies and petals. ZoS may be more lenient at the quest turn in Under the tent versus the outfit station. It's ultimately their call, so be aware of where you are.
    Edited by driosketch on March 18, 2021 3:40PM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    prof_doom wrote: »
    No Cadwell Kitchen armor in the Crown Store for the event?

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/59633

The Cadwell's Kitchen Style Pack will return to the Crown Store on all platforms for a limited time, during the Jester’s Festival. Stay tuned for event details! ESO Plus Members will receive a discount on this item.
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Member
    Noractis
    #BuffSam
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm curious as to why some of the items only available in the Stupendous boxes weren't shifted to grab bags similar to the ones with the Witches Festival.

There are too many different items competing for a drop chance in those boxes. I tested on the PTS, and over three days, I only got one of the new style pages. The event only lasts 7 days, and you can only earn 7 stupendous boxes (well, technically 8). Meanwhile, you can still get Cadwell pages, which are going on their third year, as well as the cherry blossom runebox (from the very first event), which you could hardly give away last year.

If they were willing to shift the skeleton marionette parts to the grab bags after just being introduced during the previous year's Witches Festival, I'd think at least the joke popper and noisemaker parts would make it to a grab bag.

Since I don't care at all about the skin, I'll be buying the outfit pages with tickets. With the 12 I already have, and 24 we can get from the event, I should have no problem getting all of them. I just think it's an awful lot of stuff that has the potential to drop in a box that we can only get one of each day during the shortest event of the year.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on March 22, 2021 4:08PM
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    I'm curious as to why some of the items only available in the Stupendous boxes weren't shifted to grab bags similar to the ones with the Witches Festival.

Yeah, I just got a Jester's Banner in my Stupendous Box. Because everyone needs more of those...
  • SimTabouretski
    SimTabouretski
    Soul Shriven
    Hello, several items stated in this article are missing from the event. For example, the jester monkey.
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/59633

Why is that?