The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Mudball harrassment

Renegader
Renegader
✭✭✭
Often i find myself getting bombarded with mudballs, and especially this one guy yesterday kept targetting me, i gently asked him to stop and that only seemed to fuel the fire, as he actually stopped throwing it at others, and only threw at me after that. I ported out of the instance and reported the guy.

Please allow us to disable the visual effect of mudballs (in settings) so it can ruin this type of behaviour. or make it so you automaticly ask for a duel whenever u throw mudballs at people. Increase the cooldown to 1 mudball every 60 seconds, or do something else.

its not really important what you do, but please change it. Its not fun getting harrassed by mudballs, knowing you cant do anything to stop it.
  • DreadDaedroth
    DreadDaedroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you interact with merchants, guild stores, bankers, assistants, outfit stations you're no more a elegible mud ball target. :)
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well if you really have an issue with it and they target you then that's just being a jerk. That being said I don't mind mudballs being thrown at me in a game. If someone throws one at me I'll throw one back and have at times gotten into mudball fights which were amusing.
  • preevious
    preevious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    make it so you automaticly ask for a duel whenever u throw mudballs at people.

oooh .. this is evil :D
    I like it.

• ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually one thing is if they don't have don't target innocents turned on you can get them a bounty by standing behind a guard. Someone who was throwing them at me once I stood behind a guard they threw it the mudball hit the guard who then chased them.
  • YE4hR1GHT
    YE4hR1GHT
    ✭✭
    ...or even better, introduce a 10% random chance of insta death by poisonus mud for the thrower.
    You can't be 100% sure of what's in that mud you pick up to throw right ?

The reality is that ZOS will address this issue soon, releasing the "unmuddable outfit/animation" in the next crown crates season.

Rumor wants that drop chances from the crates for this novelty item will be considerably more favorable than other items, around 0.000002% this time.
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Often i find myself getting bombarded with mudballs, and especially this one guy yesterday kept targetting me, i gently asked him to stop and that only seemed to fuel the fire, as he actually stopped throwing it at others, and only threw at me after that. I ported out of the instance and reported the guy.

Please allow us to disable the visual effect of mudballs (in settings) so it can ruin this type of behaviour. or make it so you automaticly ask for a duel whenever u throw mudballs at people. Increase the cooldown to 1 mudball every 60 seconds, or do something else.

its not really important what you do, but please change it. Its not fun getting harrassed by mudballs, knowing you cant do anything to stop it.

*throws mudball*
  • Lephrel
    Lephrel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You reported him??? I mean I kind of understand you being annoyed, but you actually want him to get banned for throwing mudballs? Seems totally excessive and I am no longer sure who the bad guy is in this situation. :lol:
  • xTAKISx
    xTAKISx
    ✭✭✭✭
    My opinion, people who abuse the report player system should be banned themselves.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lephrel wrote: »
    You reported him??? I mean I kind of understand you being annoyed, but you actually want him to get banned for throwing mudballs? Seems totally excessive and I am no longer sure who the bad guy is in this situation. :lol:

People can receive warnings or temporary suspensions over it without resorting to full on banning.
  • Doc45
    Doc45
    ✭✭✭
    He was asked to stop and instead increased his efforts. That makes the intention pretty clear. I would have reported him, too.
  • xTAKISx
    xTAKISx
    ✭✭✭✭

People can receive warnings or temporary suspensions over it without resorting to full on banning.

Absolutely not. Do people even understand what they are asking for here?
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not just mudballs. but also throwing flowers, playing lute, flute, etc and many other emotes might make some players feel harassed.

Some players might freak out for as much as approaching them btw!

I would suggest an option to turn off players emotes.
  • Jack_Handey
    Jack_Handey
    ✭✭✭

This. Please don’t overreact. It’s a game to pass the time.

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
  • remosito
    remosito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a disable mudball sound toggle would do the trick for me...is my most hated sound in game. followed by that horrid bark by the skinned helldog...
    Edited by remosito on March 10, 2021 9:23AM
    ShutYerTrap (selectively mute NPC dialogues (stuga, companions); displayleads (antiquity leads location); UndauntedPledgeQueuer (small daily undaunted dungeon queuer window)
  • woufff
    woufff
    ✭✭✭✭
    nordmarian wrote: »
    Not just mudballs. but also throwing flowers, playing lute, flute, etc and many other emotes might make some players feel harassed.

Some players might freak out for as much as approaching them btw!

And I would suggest to those people to play a solo player game, there is a good one, what was the name again? Ah yes, it's called Skyrim B)
    PC/EU&NA - Redguard Nightblade - Grand Master Crafter - Explorer of Tamriel & Skyrim - Playing Starfield (and awaiting TES VI ^^)
  • npuk
    npuk
    ✭✭✭
    nordmarian wrote: »

Or the game? :D

The Sacrificial Warriors GMXbox One EU:18x CP Chars (2300+ CP)Xbox One NA: 3x CP Chars (800+ CP)Xbox One (alt) EU:5x CP Chars (1500+ CP)Xbox One (alt 2) EU:1x CP Chars (450+ CP)PC EU: 1x CP Char (400+ CP)
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    someone was asked to stop doing something, not only did they not stop they increased their efforts to hit the player in question with mudballs.

I have nothing against mudballs and pies and am happybto throw them at friends. The occasional innocent 3rd party may get one by accident but I would never target someone outside my guild.

To deliberately target someone after they have asked you to stop is harassment, same as with tbagging. I'm sure there will be plenty of snowflake and get over yourself comments but for those targeted in this way it can make them feel uncomfortable and for those with anxiety can set off their anxiety symptoms.

Unfortunately we are all quite different and their are plenty who play the game that have mental health issues (not suggesting the OP has, I don't know them) and things like targeted harassment can trigger their symptoms.

I'm not saying don't throw mudballs, I'm saying respect others and if they ask you to stop, stop. Failing to do so isn't funny, it's nasty and could have a really detrimental effect on someone's health.

Yes to the thrower its just a mudball, to the person being harassed it may just be a mudball, or it may be a reminder of when they've been harassed in real life.

This is a game I agree, but don't think what happens on the game necessarily stays in the game. Should respect to your fellow players, have fun but don't harass.
  • XvarleyX
    XvarleyX
    ✭✭✭
    *throws mudball*
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    xTAKISx wrote: »
    My opinion, people who abuse the report player system should be banned themselves.

ZOS specifically mentioned this case scenario as harassment that can be reported. So you’re saying that ZOS instructs people to abuse their reporting system?
  • Vandellia
    Vandellia
    ✭✭✭
    Lets say this bullies and Harassers exist in the Game. It seems that they also exist and tend to troll the forums. I do find the mudball the most offensive thing that happens outside of the ocean of salt that flows in the pvp zones. If the mudballs went away id be happy.. But its part of the game and you are forced to accept the attention as there is no opt out. I wish there was and opt out of that kind of kind of attitude but it does not exist in the game yet.
  • XvarleyX
    XvarleyX
    ✭✭✭
    I would have kept throwing them too, you fixed your own problem by porting away from the guy. You're complaining about items ZOS put in the game. Why not just submit a ticket about said item instead of reporting a players account?

At the end of the day OP is the problem. Wants other people to play and behave EXACTLY as they do, and will seek further action if not the case.
  • npuk
    npuk
    ✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

ZOS specifically mentioned this case scenario as harassment that can be reported. So you’re saying that ZOS instructs people to abuse their reporting system?

This was when being mudballed would interrupt you if you were using a merchant/fishing etc, it no longer does this.
    The Sacrificial Warriors GMXbox One EU:18x CP Chars (2300+ CP)Xbox One NA: 3x CP Chars (800+ CP)Xbox One (alt) EU:5x CP Chars (1500+ CP)Xbox One (alt 2) EU:1x CP Chars (450+ CP)PC EU: 1x CP Char (400+ CP)
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You’d think the mods be here soon to stop the trolling against the OP....
    Edited by SammyKhajit on March 10, 2021 9:38AM
  • YE4hR1GHT
    YE4hR1GHT
    ✭✭
    hafgood wrote: »
    I'm not saying don't throw mudballs, I'm saying respect others and if they ask you to stop, stop.

I totally get the OP point of view and yours.
    Unfortunately in this game, like in real life, and plenty of examples in this very thread, there are numbers of childish, disrespectful or simply ignorant persons.
    Not everybody has been lucky enough to have had parents teaching an education made of values and respect for other people and realities, so in a sense I pity them, I reallly do.

• virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    npuk wrote: »

This was when being mudballed would interrupt you if you were using a merchant/fishing etc, it no longer does this.

When was that? Because I’m referring to a series of posts from 6 months ago:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/546727/was-it-ever-confirmed-if-tea-bagging-is-against-tos-now
  • StevieKingslayer
    StevieKingslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmao are you the same guy that said he was recording me because I was luting next to his dead body? XD
    I am demanding better customer service from Zenimax Studios.
    I am demanding better and more open communication between the devs & the playerbase.
    Majin Stevie || Iothane || Nymphetamine
    PVP || PVE
    Player since beta.
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    XvarleyX wrote: »

At the end of the day OP is the problem. Wants other people to play and behave EXACTLY as they do, and will seek further action if not the case.

The OP certainly is NOT the problem. The problem is the mistaken belief that harassment in a digital world is ok. Harassment, no matter what form it takes, is harassment and has a detrimental effect on people and harassment is NEVER ok.

As I said before I have no problems with mudballs and throw them myself, I have issues with any form of harassment, when asked to stop the thrower should have respected that and stopped, not targeted the OP all the more. That is harassment which is against the TOS and also, well, just out of order

• XvarleyX
    XvarleyX
    ✭✭✭

Vandellia wrote: »
    Lets say this bullies and Harassers exist in the Game. It seems that they also exist and tend to troll the forums. I do find the mudball the most offensive thing that happens outside of the ocean of salt that flows in the pvp zones. If the mudballs went away id be happy.. But its part of the game and you are forced to accept the attention as there is no opt out. I wish there was and opt out of that kind of kind of attitude but it does not exist in the game yet.

I haven't counted the total number of wayshrines in ESO but i'm sure yourself and OP could use any one of them to escape such terrible MMO living conditions.
  • npuk
    npuk
    ✭✭✭
    npuk wrote: »

When was that? Because I’m referring to a series of posts from 6 months ago:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/546727/was-it-ever-confirmed-if-tea-bagging-is-against-tos-now

It was ages ago, a couple of years at least.
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You’d think the mods be here soon to stop the trolling against the OP....

Disagreeing with them is trolling? I'm not sure who is trolling I just noticed posts of people who didn't agree with the OP.
This discussion has been closed.