The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.2 is available.

So you're unhappy with U29, what can you do?

• remosito
    remosito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dengood wrote: »
    ThorianB wrote: »
    And yeah. I found your review on Steam: you had 1484 hours, when you posted it (March, 1) and at this moment you have 1572 hours. So, for the last 5 days you played 88 hours. That's not how boycott looks like...

I have over 13k hours on Steam. That is 4.5 years @ 8 hours a day. It is that high because i always leave my launcher open so Steam counts every hour it is open. I have about 1/4 to 1/3 that amount of time of actual game play.

I know how Steam version work. In any case he launched the game. Definitely not even once.
    And yeah. I found your review on Steam: you had 1484 hours, when you posted it (March, 1) and at this moment you have 1572 hours. So, for the last 5 days you played 88 hours. That's not how boycott looks like...

Creeping on the status of another player is kinda suspect, just saying.

I just wanted to know what exactly this person wrote in his review, because majority of statements here - "shooting yourself in the knee". No change in this update is worth it. And yeah, you talk with the person, who will lose around 100 000 000 XP after update and who have 2x times more playtime than OP.

To be fair - his review pretty civil and have detailed information what he don't like. Some problems in his review are exaggerated in my opinion and I pretty sure he can write more about advantages of the game, but at least he act like mature person here, thanks for that.

Count yourself lucky if you only loose 100M Xp. For me 300M are going down the drain.

Anyway. As for still playing. Well... U29 hasn't gone live yet. So cp boost is still possible. Stopping before would just shoot myself in the foot in case they actually do a boost.

And while I cancelled my sub already. It's still running.... Paying without playing...rubs me the wrong way.... I might even keep playing here and there without paying... that feels like a nice bellyrub..
    Edited by remosito on March 6, 2021 8:18AM
    ShutYerTrap (selectively mute NPC dialogues (stuga, companions); displayleads (antiquity leads location); UndauntedPledgeQueuer (small daily undaunted dungeon queuer window)
  • furiouslog
    furiouslog
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have over 13k hours on Steam. That is 4.5 years @ 8 hours a day. It is that high because i always leave my launcher open so Steam counts every hour it is open. I have about 1/4 to 1/3 that amount of time of actual game play.

I know how Steam version work. In any case he launched the game. Definitely not even once.

I just wanted to know what exactly this person wrote in his review, because majority of statements here - "shooting yourself in the knee". No change in this update is worth it. And yeah, you talk with the person, who will lose around 100 000 000 XP after update and who have 2x times more playtime than OP.

To be fair - his review pretty civil and have detailed information what he don't like. Some problems in his review are exaggerated in my opinion and I pretty sure he can write more about advantages of the game, but at least he act like mature person here, thanks for that.

I think that's a fair comment. Some stuff that I applaud ZOS for with all due credit:

1. Sticker book. Best QOL upgrade to date. Difficult to articulate why it's important in a review.
    2. Trying to fix things. Yes, the PVP tests are a prolonged failure, but at least they seem to be trying. Unfortunately I think they are unrealistic about the real issues and won't invest the resources necessary to really fix them. Self-imposed constraints inevitably hinder progress.
    3. Events. Those I find engaging, even when grindy. It's just cosmetics, so you don't have to do it, but they are often fun and provide a reason to gather socially.
    4. Housing. Despite myself possessing a long term initial lack of interest, I started doing it and found it enjoyable, but I think I gave a nod to it. I could have said more.

Other advantages you perceive we might not agree on. I'm not sure what they might be, but I did try to include what I personally enjoyed about the game. The most important thing is flexibility in gear selection and easy access to gear that makes endgame viable. I hated WOW in the early days for their failures there. I did say that, though.

I've played other MMOs like City of Heroes, WOW, Destiny 2, and Elite, and ESO is the best among them (although Destiny 2 is also pretty good). I've played it longer than any other game I've ever played (well, except for Tribes). That's why I'm so upset at the constant change, which randomly seems to be focused on making my experience less enjoyable. Maybe it's bad timing, maybe it's just the luck of the draw. I don't know. I can only say that I'm fatigued by their direction and decisions, but there also does not seem to be much else out there that's a lot better. What it comes down to is this: can I spend 100 hours doing something more fun instead of grinding XP to get where I just was? If the answer is yes, then they are probably losing my attention. You probably also noticed that I have over 400 games in my inventory. I have not played a lot of them. Half of them are garbage, but many others have great reviews. Where would you spend your free time in my situation? Doing something more fun, I'd wager. Hence, I provide feedback, not to just vent, but to actually try to get them to be better.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to it
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    remosito wrote: »

Count yourself lucky if you only loose 100M Xp. For me 300M are going down the drain.

Anyway. As for still playing. Well... U29 hasn't gone live yet. So cp boost is still possible. Stopping before would just shoot myself in the foot in case they actually do a boost.

And while I cancelled my sub already. It's still running.... Paying without playing...rubs me the wrong way.... I might even keep playing here and there without paying... that feels like a nice bellyrub..

I was going to do the math of how much my accrued experience is going to devalue but I stopped; it was just going to increase my sodium levels further.

Is not like I can do a lot about it, I would still like to carry on playing and for as long as I want to carry on playing they have me grabbed from where it hurts if you squeeze.

What a sorry arrangement to enter voluntarily.
  • EirgarthEldjarns
    EirgarthEldjarns
    ✭✭✭
    If you cancel your ESO+, there (well there was, not sure now) is a link to Bethesda help on the 'Sorry to see you go' page... That goes to Beth, not ZoS... I have gotten responses and feedback for my concerns in the past.

Now, this was before the MS purchase, so unsure if it is still there.

Eir
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    all I can say is that any eso + membership other that monthly prooves to be dangerous waste of money.
    You pay for 6 months and then they decide that your set dont work in pvp for next 6 months.
    Awake, but at what cost
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How exactly can we calculate just how much xp we are losing

And if anyone can take the time to explain, how is the new 3600 cp cap being calculated? is that lvl 3600, lvl 360 with 10 points per level? What in todays terms is the xp requirement to reach 3600? (eg.. if I was cp 1000 today, would that equate to cp3600 if I leveled up in the new xp-adjusted system?)
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

And if anyone can take the time to explain, how is the new 3600 cp cap being calculated? is that lvl 3600, lvl 360 with 10 points per level? What in todays terms is the xp requirement to reach 3600? (eg.. if I was cp 1000 today, would that equate to cp3600 if I leveled up in the new xp-adjusted system?)

If you don't even know now, and they've said they're not adjusting CP per XP earned, why do you care how much you're "losing"? This seems like an exercise in deliberately upsetting yourself thinking you should be at something that you won't be at because that's not how they're doing it.
  • FlaviusPK
    FlaviusPK
    ✭✭✭
    I just was wondering. ESO has regular events, a lot of world bosses which go back to full health when being pulled far.
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    renne wrote: »

If you don't even know now, and they've said they're not adjusting CP per XP earned, why do you care how much you're "losing"? This seems like an exercise in deliberately upsetting yourself thinking you should be at something that you won't be at because that's not how they're doing it.

I dont really care, tbh with my lower CP (sub 810) im probably in a better place than most. Still interested in how it all stack sup though.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's to say ZOS can't go the other way?

Implement the CP 2.0 changes and leave it as it has always been?

Your CP now remains the same. When the patch drops the XP gain curve is slightly adjusted just as it was prior to every other patch pre-Murkmire. The cap is now unlocked to CP3600 and the amount of XP required to go from one point to the next is exactly the same as it is now?

This means instead of 600 or 700k per higher CP as is proposed by them you are now expected to get 1.4 million XP in order to level up each time?

Seriously ZOS did ya'll a favor. Im at CP 2000+ right now and a CP a day takes work. I feel good about it though. The way ya'll want this changed you'll move up to 1800 or so. I'll breeze right past ya to 3000+ and then the complaints will really start.

ZOS did right by me in squishing the XP required down and not touching CP.
  • remosito
    remosito
    ✭✭✭✭✭

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uS2H-elnpVngKOMBqwl3LHytDHSOBwmDfDoQHHOtoh4/edit?usp=sharing

go to your CP level in that table. Difference in Xp between old system and new system is what you loose (columns C and E).
    ShutYerTrap (selectively mute NPC dialogues (stuga, companions); displayleads (antiquity leads location); UndauntedPledgeQueuer (small daily undaunted dungeon queuer window)
  • Massacre_Wurm
    Massacre_Wurm
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are losing 0 xp because you dont have any to begin with. You have CPs.
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    remosito wrote: »

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uS2H-elnpVngKOMBqwl3LHytDHSOBwmDfDoQHHOtoh4/edit?usp=sharing

go to your CP level in that table. Difference in Xp between old system and new system is what you loose (columns C and E).

@validifyedneb18_ESO

This isn’t how XP gain to CP is calculated.

There is a specific formula in which a predetermined cap (used to be 810, current 1800) is factored in to automatically calculate how much XP is needed to level from 1 point to the next.

As such each CP point is unique in terms of total experience gained in order to gain in.

The CP cap has changed multiple times and each time so has the XP amount needed to reach points. CP 690, 720, 750, and 780 were all caps before 810.

As such unless you leveled up to 810 from 1 between the Murkmire Update to now, that XP to CP conversion table doesn’t represent you. Players pre institution of the CP810 cap all have varying amounts of total XP greater than those numbers above and so it’s not tracked by the system.

It’s also because of this that it’s impossible to simply convert total XP to CP. The system only tracks from one point to the next and calculates the XP needed depending on the parameters of the formula as set.
  • furiouslog
    furiouslog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do people continue to insist that the precedent of a bad decision justifies making the same bad decision?
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    furiouslog wrote: »
    Why do people continue to insist that the precedent of a bad decision justifies making the same bad decision?

Because that is what they have always done? ;)