Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please let us disable DLC dungeons for ESO+ users

Ascarl
Ascarl
✭✭✭✭✭
With the new patch, gaining experience becomes more important for many players. One of the best ways to gain experience is random dungeons IMHO.

However ESO + subscribers are at a huge disadvantage here because of DLC dungeons are much harder and longer than vanilla. For farming transmutation crystals I used my sub CP characters (this will give you the shortest and easiest dungeons). However for gaining CP using sub-level 50 chars is not an option. With ESO+ your expected value for dungeon duration is much higher than without which will drastically reduce the amout of exp from random dungeons.

This is punishing you most loyal customers, especially those with 3 month or 1 year options. I hope this is not intended. So please let us ESO + users disable DLC dungeons with some kind of toggle. For people who like the DLC dungeons, they can leave them on, those who don't like / want them should be able to disable it.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes please...

I might even select disabling the ESO+ benefits per character at selection for that session?
  • vibeborn
    vibeborn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. As a casual player DLC dungeons give me hives. A way to disable/enable them would be neat
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 from me. It is such a turn off to pretty much always get a DLC dungeon for a random Normal. So much so, that it has made me consider cancelling my sub for this reason alone.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Completely agree.

People always try to argue that it is a random queue. But they miss the point that by not supporting the game with a subscription, the hardest dungeon you have to endure for a random is City of Ash 2. That is far from random when not providing money eliminates half the dungeons from consideration from the queue. It's nonsense. And it only gets worse every time dlc dungeons are added to the game.
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Imagine trying to do a random dungeon for the 10 crystals and getting Lair of Maarselok...
  • Kalam0n
    Kalam0n
    Soul Shriven
    I'd prefer a 3rd queue.

1 - Easy Normals
    2 - Tough Normals & Easy Veterans
    3 - Tough Veterans

Then just redistribute rewards appropriately between the queues. Undaunted dailies should also have 1 quest for each queue w/ appropriate rewards as well. I'd suggest 5/10/15 transmutes for your random queue and 1/2/3 keys for your undaunted quest (remove the HM req altogether).

*There are also a handful of Vet DLC Dungeons that have no business in any queue. Just make DoM, LoM, MoS, etc premade only. If you have to PUG to find a group for these, you probably don't belong there anyway.
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to hate it but then I now know that splitting the queue adds to the troubles in the group finder. That's one problem that we've seen adversely affect everyone with how the finder system is the backbone for the entire game in respects.

The other is that it pushes ppl into new content and allows a larger pool from which to pull players into said content. You would very likely see much longer queue times by taking out the DLC dungeons from rotations.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to hate it but then I now know that splitting the queue adds to the troubles in the group finder. That's one problem that we've seen adversely affect everyone with how the finder system is the backbone for the entire game in respects.

The other is that it pushes ppl into new content and allows a larger pool from which to pull players into said content. You would very likely see much longer queue times by taking out the DLC dungeons from rotations.

My problem with the "pushes people into new content" approach is I really don't want a player I need to teach showing up in a dlc dungeon 6 months after it released because they chose the random queue.

DLC dungeons are difficult. And I'd rather have a group formed from people who specifically chose to be in the dungeon rather than people who got forced into it.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they reduce the reward to blue if you uncheck the DLC option, sure!
    The Moot Councillor
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

My problem with the "pushes people into new content" approach is I really don't want a player I need to teach showing up in a dlc dungeon 6 months after it released because they chose the random queue.

DLC dungeons are difficult. And I'd rather have a group formed from people who specifically chose to be in the dungeon rather than people who got forced into it.

I mean, this is exactly what you'd get with me. I've been playing for almost 5 years and I've never even completed normal Fang Lair. I did run nMHK one time and that was the end of that.

I would love to run normal randoms for the xp/crystals, but I'm a crafting/exploration main who actively avoids virtually all end game content, so I would definitely be a punishment to any skilled player who got me in a PUG even though my 1000+ CP might suggest otherwise.
    Edited by Feric51 on March 1, 2021 8:12PM
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed. Even on normal, there is a huge difference in both length and complexity between DLC and non-DLC dungeons. They just arent the same animal. I am trying to think of any what I would call "deal breaker" mechanics (do it or wipe) or true DPS checks on non - DLC, normal dungeons. With DLC dungeons, even on normal, mechanics come into play that cant be ignored. For certain pickup groups without coms, these can simply be too much.

I did a Moonhunter over the weekend as a DPS via random normal. Not to be cocky, but if it wasnt for me, this group never would have cleared. On the hedge fight I did 87% of DPS, killed every spriggan that spawned, and res'ed the other players at least once each. Again, hard to sound modest while saying this, but you shouldnt need a 100k DPS that knows the ins and outs of every boss fight in a group to guarantee a normal clear. LOL.

They should really add a handful of new categories. Random Normal - Non DLC, Random Normal - All Dungeons, Random Vet (easy difficulty), Random Vet (Medium Difficulty), Random (Vet Hard Difficulty, this includes DLCs). Vet group finder probably needs split into 3 or even 4 categories, as even the difference between one of the first DLCs and one of the most recent is pretty significant.

You could certainly give better rewards (more XP, more transmutes) for the higher up the chain you go.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Include them with a tick-box to allow you to get double daily rewards.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed. Even on normal, there is a huge difference in both length and complexity between DLC and non-DLC dungeons. They just arent the same animal. I am trying to think of any what I would call "deal breaker" mechanics (do it or wipe) or true DPS checks on non - DLC, normal dungeons. With DLC dungeons, even on normal, mechanics come into play that cant be ignored. For certain pickup groups without coms, these can simply be too much.

I did a Moonhunter over the weekend as a DPS via random normal. Not to be cocky, but if it wasnt for me, this group never would have cleared. On the hedge fight I did 87% of DPS, killed every spriggan that spawned, and res'ed the other players at least once each. Again, hard to sound modest while saying this, but you shouldnt need a 100k DPS that knows the ins and outs of every boss fight in a group to guarantee a normal clear. LOL.

They should really add a handful of new categories. Random Normal - Non DLC, Random Normal - All Dungeons, Random Vet (easy difficulty), Random Vet (Medium Difficulty), Random (Vet Hard Difficulty, this includes DLCs). Vet group finder probably needs split into 3 or even 4 categories, as even the difference between one of the first DLCs and one of the most recent is pretty significant.

You could certainly give better rewards (more XP, more transmutes) for the higher up the chain you go.

I agree with most of what you say. But be careful with too many categories, or you will never find a group!
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You all know if you just queue with anyone below lvl 45 🤔 then no dlc dungeon or hard one in fact. Just grab someone in a starter zone or ask a friend, or guild mate to brig low level toon
    Edited by Starlight_Whisper on March 1, 2021 8:44PM
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an ESO+ subscriber, I have never used the random dungeon finder. Running with a pug is quite a bit of 'unknown'. Taking a random dungeon is even more unknown. Adding the possibility of a DLC dungeon into this bag of unknowns is a bridge too far for me - I won't do it. I'm not complaining, simply stating the choice I have made and why.

And it does seem ironically wrong that the only current solutions to the problem are to unsubscribe to ESO+ or avoid the random aspect of the dungeon finder.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »

I agree with most of what you say. But be careful with too many categories, or you will never find a group!

I agree too many could be overwhelming. I would generally think that each category would include the ones below it, but it is definitely a legitimate consideration. Even just 4 random categories, which would be: 1. Normal, non-dlc, 2. normal, All, 3. Vet, non-DLC, 4. Vet, All, would be a massive improvement.
  • Ascarl
    Ascarl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »

For non ESO + subscribers the DLC option is already unchecked with purple rewards.
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or just pre-group with a friend with a 10th level mule and queue.....
  • Grandchamp1989
    Grandchamp1989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It says something about Zos dungeon's that the vast majority of their playerbase got dungeon "PTSD" from playing their DLC versions, and would prefer to outright avoid them - even on normal.

Their most liked dungeons are types like Vault of Madness but they want to crank up the difficulty and lower the player damage lol. I don't blame the players. Many Normal DLCs are on par, if not harder, than Base Game vet dungeons...

Normal - Casual run
    Veteran - Experienced
    Hardmode - Legendary difficulty

If they just stuck to that things would be a-okey.
    Edited by Grandchamp1989 on March 1, 2021 10:28PM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ascarl wrote: »
    AlnilamE wrote: »

For non ESO + subscribers the DLC option is already unchecked with purple rewards.

Exactly.

Paying real money for an optional sub in a game should not come with drawbacks beyond the hit to your wallet.
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not this again, don't expect to gain the full amount of experience if you aren't willing to do what you signed up for. Lets be realistic...the 111k xp or whatever it is is a garbage reward anyway. You are complaining you may have to play an hour to get the reward instead of 15 minutes...if you hate that so much, why not just go to Old Orsinium and run in circles killing harpies? You will gain more experience in less time than either, in addition to materials and motifs, take the gold you get from the materials there and go buy skyreach runs and you will get even more xp in less time(or go solo skyreach on your own, its pretty easy). The point is that if its experience you are after, random dungeons are a terribly inefficient way of doing it. In the meantime, by removing yourself from the pool of available players, people trying to farm a given dungeon now have to wait longer. No, the reason they give you the "generous" amount of xp that they do is that so other people are able to fill their farming groups...the sooner people realize this the better. There are a ton of better ways to grind xp in this game if that is your goal.
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Completely agree.

People always try to argue that it is a random queue. But they miss the point that by not supporting the game with a subscription, the hardest dungeon you have to endure for a random is City of Ash 2. That is far from random when not providing money eliminates half the dungeons from consideration from the queue. It's nonsense. And it only gets worse every time dlc dungeons are added to the game.

But it is not a random queue, it is a LFG queue where the people who queue random are used to fill up the groups that queue for certain dungeons. And since most people apparently queue for DLC dungeons (because there are more of them, for the gear they drop or just because they really don't want to run that base game dungeon again), people who are queuing for random dungeon get a DLC dungeon more often.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given the fact that each year sees the addition of at least 4 new DLC dungeons, the chance of randomly getting thrown into a DLC dungeon goes up every year. I don't really have an opinion on this issue, since I don't do random dungeons as a general rule. But the simple math of the matter is that the "problem" will only continue to get worse and worse over time, so hopefully that will eventually force the devs to come up with some kind of workable solution that doesn't break the Group Finder.

Actually, since the Group Finder already has to take the character's level into consideration, as well as which DLC dungeons the player has access to, not to mention the character's group role, it seems like adding one more option shouldn't break the Group Finder. Yes, some players might end up waiting longer in the queue while the system tries to build a random group for them. But it seems like there are enough players who enjoy doing harder dungeons that there shouldn't be that much of a problem building a group.

If what this is really about is trying to let players run through random dungeons in the shortest time possible so they can grab their Transmute Crystals and be done with it, then I'm against it on general principle (because I've gotten screwed out of my event rewards by dungeon speed runners, which left a bad taste in my mouth). But on the other hand, I'm in favor of it as long as it doesn't become obnoxiously abused by crystal-obsessed speed runners.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With the specific dungeons section of the group finder:

Just set a min required number of specific dungeons you have to choose the tick box for to be eligible for the daily random reward, that way your still filling in random dungeon groups that need people but your choosing dungeons you know your capable of doing, whether that is all vanilla dungeons or a mix with some DLC dungeons is up to each person.

By adding a min number something like 10 - 15 dungeons required to be selected it to be eligible for the daily reward it prevents people exploiting it to only do the starter dungeons.
  • Ascarl
    Ascarl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    josiahva wrote: »
    Not this again, don't expect to gain the full amount of experience if you aren't willing to do what you signed up for. Lets be realistic...the 111k xp or whatever it is is a garbage reward anyway. You are complaining you may have to play an hour to get the reward instead of 15 minutes...if you hate that so much, why not just go to Old Orsinium and run in circles killing harpies? You will gain more experience in less time than either, in addition to materials and motifs, take the gold you get from the materials there and go buy skyreach runs and you will get even more xp in less time(or go solo skyreach on your own, its pretty easy). The point is that if its experience you are after, random dungeons are a terribly inefficient way of doing it. In the meantime, by removing yourself from the pool of available players, people trying to farm a given dungeon now have to wait longer. No, the reason they give you the "generous" amount of xp that they do is that so other people are able to fill their farming groups...the sooner people realize this the better. There are a ton of better ways to grind xp in this game if that is your goal.

Okay even if you ignore exp: Everything that can gain (loot, crystals, etc) by queuing random can be gained quicker and easier if not subscribing to ESO+, Those without ESO+ "sign up for" the same queue but get shorter and easier dungeons for the same reward.

And if someone wants to experience a specific dungeon he/she won't sign up for random but a specific one.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want random go normal, yes you have some normal runs fail but they can fail on nCoH2 to even nDarkshade2, got an request for help for DS, yes vDS2 is hard with an stupid group or without an healer unless dps is high.
    It was normal and I healed a lot :)
    But this is very rare, its also rare that base pledges fail HM.
    I say this is an double dip issue you want an vet HM pledge 2 key and the random xp and crystals.
    however I say for random normals in an dlc, lots need quest other is after gear, its take more time but none complains.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dlc with friends is cool.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    josiahva wrote: »

Nobody cares about the XP.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine trying to do a random dungeon for the 10 crystals and getting Lair of Maarselok...

*back right out and wastes time*

yup, gotta love that sub :(
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    caperb wrote: »
    Completely agree.

But it is not a random queue, it is a LFG queue where the people who queue random are used to fill up the groups that queue for certain dungeons. And since most people apparently queue for DLC dungeons (because there are more of them, for the gear they drop or just because they really don't want to run that base game dungeon again), people who are queuing for random dungeon get a DLC dungeon more often.

The reason DLC dungeons pop a lot is because more people quit them or fail them requiring it to pull ESO+ subscribers in to fill groups.

The fact still remains that a paid subscriber to the game is forced into harder content if they chose to do a random when a non paying player gets easy dungeons all the time.